Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sword Of Truth - anyone read it?

Hey

- ok I know its not Tv, but I was just wondering if anyone has read this AMAZING book series by Terry Goodkind?

The Sword of Truth series, for those who havnt read the series is abour Richard Cyther
    Spoiler:
    Rahl
    . The Mother Confessor Kahlan Amnell and a few other AMAZINGLY written characters.
    The first book, Wizards First Rule I warn you can be slow starting, but the series is amazing.

For those of you who havnt read the series, you should REALLY look into it as its an amazing read.

For those who have read it, don't you find the characters and world that the series is set in amazing? Also how each Rule is a real eye opener and can really help in life?

Blitz
    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

I agree its an awsome series. If your intersted in the books this is the reading order.
    1. Wizard's First Rule (awsome opening book)
    2. Stone of Tears (gotta love the character development in Richard in this book)
    3. Blood of the Fold (insanity at its best)
    4. Temple of the Winds (heavy duty magic book)
    5. Soul of the Fire (some people you just love ot hate)
    6. Faith of the Fallen (excellent, don't have any words to discribe)
    7. Pillars of Creation (some body kill Oba please! I had to put down the book down every five minuets just to cool my temper at him)
    8. Naked Empire (A LOT of Naive people)
    9. Debt of Bones (Really good yet only apr. 200 pages. All about Zedd and about 50 years in the past. Can be read anytime after book 6)

Chain Fire Trilogy
    1/10. Chainfire (Everybody forgets about Kahlan except Richard.
    2/11. Phantom (Comes out in June/July
    3/12. Unnamed (Will be last book in the Series and probably really good)
    I doubt my sanity; then again I doubt yours as well!

Comment

I've read everything up to chainfire.
      The early ones were good, but the later ones just seem to be dissertions of TG's political opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyer
        I agree its an awsome series. If your intersted in the books this is the reading order.
        1. Wizard's First Rule (awsome opening book)
        2. Stone of Tears (gotta love the character development in Richard in this book)
        3. Blood of the Fold (insanity at its best)
        4. Temple of the Winds (heavy duty magic book)
        5. Soul of the Fire (some people you just love ot hate)
        6. Faith of the Fallen (excellent, don't have any words to discribe)
        7. Pillars of Creation (some body kill Oba please! I had to put down the book down every five minuets just to cool my temper at him)
        8. Naked Empire (A LOT of Naive people)
        9. Debt of Bones (Really good yet only apr. 200 pages. All about Zedd and about 50 years in the past. Can be read anytime after book 6)

Chain Fire Trilogy
        1/10. Chainfire (Everybody forgets about Kahlan except Richard.
        2/11. Phantom (Comes out in June/July
        3/12. Unnamed (Will be last book in the Series and probably really good)
        LOL! Blood of the Fold was majorly insane! HeHe!
        Did you like Soul of the fire straight away? I wasnt keen till my 2nd reading...the 2nd time through captured me alot more: but then again I was speeding through abit.

Oba was just SICK! I'm glad Richard didnt show him mercy.

I've read everything up to chainfire.
        The early ones were good, but the later ones just seem to be dissertions of TG's political opinions.
        Thats why he actually writes the series, to express his belief in life, prophecy, politics. I admit he can go on abit (Naked Empire) But I think he does well the way he does it.

Its what makes him such an amazing writer, hes writing for himself, not the fans.
        Blitz

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Love the series. I have all the books up to Pillars of Creation. There's more after Pillars?

I personally think the first 4 are the best. But overall, it's a great series.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
            LOL! Blood of the Fold was majorly insane! HeHe!
            Did you like Soul of the fire straight away? I wasnt keen till my 2nd reading...the 2nd time through captured me alot more: but then again I was speeding through abit.

Oba was just SICK! I'm glad Richard didnt show him mercy.

Thats why he actually writes the series, to express his belief in life, prophecy, politics. I admit he can go on abit (Naked Empire) But I think he does well the way he does it.

Its what makes him such an amazing writer, hes writing for himself, not the fans.
            I read all the books and only re-read Wizard's First Rule but i'm slowly going through them again. Soul of the Fire I found to be quite deep if you are the type of reader that I am (4000+ pages of asorted novels). the biggest theme was shallow though (racism) i found how Tery handled that was very good.

i agree that writing to express your opinions to the world makes people want to read a book more than if it was societies values that an author uses.

Comment

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
              Love the series. I have all the books up to Pillars of Creation. There's more after Pillars?

I personally think the first 4 are the best. But overall, it's a great series.

Naked Empire is all about others like Oba and Jannsen
              Spoiler:
              immune to magic that is directed at them.

Dept of bones is all about Zedd putting up the boundry

The Chainfire trilogy is all about Kahlan's missing and the lead up to the final battle.

Comment

Originally posted by sandyer
                Naked Empire is all about others like Oba and Jannsen
                Spoiler:
                immune to magic that is directed at them.

Dept of bones is all about Zedd putting up the boundry

The Chainfire trilogy is all about Kahlan's missing and the lead up to the final battle.
                I'm gonna have to acquire the rest of the series. I stopped buying after Pillars thinking that was the end of the series. Evidently i must be mistaken!

Comment

Wow! This is weird. I just stumbled on this thread whilst I was looking for the 'Surface' one! I'm reading the second book 'Stone of Tears' right now!!

I discovered the series by reading 'Chainfire' first, which I thought was fab! So then thought I'd better start at the beginning!

Wonderful characters, scary creatures, interesting and fantastic landscapes. Great stuff!

These have been 'un-put downable' books so far!!

Comment

This might seem stupid but how could you of thought it was the end of the series at Pillars of Creation?

I mean - theres a war going on in their home countries, they've started a rebellion in Atlra'rang (?) and Cara has just touched something...spooky spooky

Spoiler for Temple of the Winds
                    Spoiler:
                    Did any of you cry when Raina died in Temple of the winds?

ITs just I REALLY did. She was so amazing.
                    Blitz

Comment

I read the first four of five books and then lost interest, the series just seemed to get repetitive if I remember correctly. But up to that point it had been pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz
                        This might seem stupid but how could you of thought it was the end of the series at Pillars of Creation?

I mean - theres a war going on in their home countries, they've started a rebellion in Atlra'rang (?) and Cara has just touched something...spooky spooky

Spoiler for Temple of the Winds
                        Spoiler:
                        Did any of you cry when Raina died in Temple of the winds?

ITs just I REALLY did. She was so amazing.
                        I was close but beridine is more of a favorite for me.

Comment

i gave up after Pillars of Creation...

each book just seemed to get more and more verbose with less and less done.
                          i spent most of my time trying to guess what seemingly unimportant event was going to be used as the crux for the dilema of the next book...

really...i liked the first 3....4 was ok....after that...gah...just repetative. insert new plot here and change names.
                          Thanks!
                          Jordan

my page
                          My LJ
                          From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

^It really picks up again at Chainfire if you want to know. Almost everyone forgets who Kahlan is, what she did and how she changed them for meating them

Spoiler:
                            for example: Ann is taking prophesy too seriously again because she doesn't remember the telling off Kahlan gave her.

Another big differance is that everybody thinks richard is starting to go insane since he remembers Kahlan.

Comment

I agree with Chainfire picking the pace up

I like the fact that Ann went Prophecy mad again shows continuality
                              Blitz

Comment

Working...
                              X