Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SG1/SGA Charity Auction - Lunch with RDA & Amanda, Ben, or Joe F.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SG1/SGA Charity Auction - Lunch with RDA & Amanda, Ben, or Joe F.

From the Richard Dean Anderson Web Site:

"DEFEND EVERY DROP" ONLINE AUCTION
    April 10-29, 2006

The "Defend Every Drop" online auction benefits the Waterkeeper Alliance, an organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the world's water resources, and an organization for which Richard serves on the Board of Trustees.

Among the items up for auction is an opportunity to visit the set of Stargate SG-1 in Vancouver and to have lunch with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping.

The winner will also receive a beautiful handcrafted wooden paddle signed by Richard Dean Anderson, Amanda Tapping, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, Teryl Rothery, Gary Jones, Dan Shea, Colin Cunningham, Tony Amendola, and Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the President of the Waterkeeper Alliance.

Other items available for auction include lunch with Joe Flanigan on the set of Stargate Atlantis and a paddle signed by the Atlantis cast, and lunch with Edward James Olmos and Katee Sackhoff on the set of Battlestar Galactica and a paddle signed by the Galactica cast. To place your bids, you must register at the Charity Folks website. Bidding begins on April 10th and runs until the 29th. Good luck!

http://charityfolks.com/charity_auct...aterkeeper.asp

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

I already said this on the BSG thread but I will say it here too...what a cool opportunity for someone to help AND have a great day ... I wish I had teh $$ to try to do more but I don't so good luck to the bidders and let us know the news if you are a GW member
    Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

*sighs after checking empty piggy bank* What a wonderful idea for the chosen charities. Good luck to all the bidders. Don't forget pictures.
      Last edited by Kliggins; 09 April 2006, 02:16 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
        I already said this on the BSG thread but I will say it here too...what a cool opportunity for someone to help AND have a great day ... I wish I had teh $$ to try to do more but I don't so good luck to the bidders and let us know the news if you are a GW member
        I followed the link given, I registered with the site and I can't find a single thing on it about this charity or the information listed. I did see something about a future auction for Waterkeeper.
        ______
        Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

Originally posted by GateAngel
          I followed the link given, I registered with the site and I can't find a single thing on it about this charity or the information listed. I did see something about a future auction for Waterkeeper.
          Basically, go to http://www.rdanderson.com/, then click on what's new, then click on Charity auctions, which pulls up the info. Click on Charity Folks which brings you to the charity site. You must register to bid. Choose Charity AUctions, future, and you'll see Waterkeeper listed. THen click on learn more.

Comment

That is such a cool prize!
            Not that I could afford it anyway but I assume that it will be open to UK residents as well right?

I wish there would be some set visit contests for peeps in the UK
            I love SG1!

Comment

Per the information I posted:

To place your bids, you must register at the Charity Folks website. Bidding begins on April 10th and runs until the 29th.

Marla, today is Sunday, April 9th.

Tomorrow is April 10th.

Therefore, the auction is pending.

And at the Charity Folks website link for the Waterkeeper Alliance that I provided does say that the auction is "coming soon."

When the Auction is active tomorrow, the information will be made available. The Richard Dean Anderson web site received the information ahead of time. Thanks to Kate for sharing.

Morjana

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana
                Per the information I posted:

To place your bids, you must register at the Charity Folks website. Bidding begins on April 10th and runs until the 29th.

Marla, today is Sunday, April 9th.

Tomorrow is April 10th.

Therefore, the auction is pending.

And at the Charity Folks website link for the Waterkeeper Alliance that I provided does say that the auction is "coming soon."

When the Auction is active tomorrow, the information will be made available. The Richard Dean Anderson web site received the information ahead of time. Thanks to Kate for sharing.

Morjana
                Thank you for being far more concise about this and taking time to add more pertinent details to how the auction will take place. I'm sure there are many people out there on GW like myself who have never dealt with this site before and were unsure how it works. After all, taking a moment to explain the process and the details for their consideration is an important part of taking responsiblity for passing along information is it not? It's so kind of you to take the time to respond to my concerns and pass along further details.

I'm sure you didn't mean to exclude a link to Kate's site so we knew which RDA site you were talking about that you got the information from. Not every RDA site has the kind of accurate information the the rdanderson does and I only wanted to make sure the information was accurate and when I didn't see anything about it on the site you did post a link to, I had questions about it. Thanks for clearing everything up and letting us know the information came from a site with accurate information.

I think it would be more important to say thanks to Waterkeeper and/or RDA for sharing the information with the site and thanks to all the cast and crew of Stargate: SG-1 and Atlantis for doing this incredibly wonderful thing for charity.

Marla
                Last edited by GateAngel; 09 April 2006, 03:45 PM.
                ______
                Visit my Entertainment News blog at http://blogs.delphiforums.com/mrreedwriter

Join in the discussion at MichaelShanksArchive

Comment

wow this is gonna raise a lot of money. happy bidding!

Comment

Originally posted by morjana

"DEFEND EVERY DROP" ONLINE AUCTION
                    April 10-29, 2006

The "Defend Every Drop" online auction benefits the Waterkeeper Alliance, an organization dedicated to preserving and protecting the world's water resources, and an organization for which Richard serves on the Board of Trustees.

Among the items up for auction is an opportunity to visit the set of Stargate SG-1 in Vancouver and to have lunch with Richard Dean Anderson and Amanda Tapping.
                    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!... must i rob a bank to make this come true?!?

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

If it had only been stated in the first place that the information came from the rdanderson.com and a link had been posted for that site to go and read the original information. Oh well. All cleared up now and it sounds like a great auction to raise money for charity. Kudos to the cast and crew of SG1 and SGA for doing this

Marla

Marla, perhaps the next time you'll take the time to read a post more carefully.

My original post did STATE that the information was from the Richard Dean Anderson Web site:

And then I did provide a link to the Waterkeeper Alliance Charity Auction at the Charity Folks web site.

<snip>
                      Morjana
                      Last edited by Skydiver; 10 April 2006, 04:58 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

lol

Anyway, sounds like it'd be a fun thing to do. I'd love to sit down for lunch with them Pity it's on the other side of the world though And theres the little problem with money

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                          FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!... must i rob a bank to make this come true?!?

sally
                          I will provide you with an alibi if you promise to share details.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kliggins
                            I will provide you with an alibi if you promise to share details.
                            i'll macgyver a little microphone and camera, so i'll have all the details to see and hear! and only for YOU, since you're my alibi.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, I would love to go, but I would probably just blather incoherently once I met them.

Comment

Working...
                              X