This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will earth be able to built...(spoiler)

will earth be able to built ships that are bigger then the size they are now? cause if it bigger then the ship sheild and weapons could be better.

I think there's been ample discussion on the topic of "If Earth had a bigger ship, it could have bigger and better shields and weapons". Namely that this has been proven wrong. Please take a read at those threads.

Where? Prometheus had asgard weapons installed, but not enough energy to power it up. Had they had a ZPM at the time, it would have been no problem. BUt both would not have required the ship to increase in size.

Will earth be able to create larger ships? Yes, but they would need a space-based fleet assembly yard after a while -- the ships would be too heavy in earth's gravity to stay in one piece. BUt can they do that without the world noticing that there's a space-based fleet facility? Probably not.

Comment

Oops.. Double post.

Comment

Yes they could build biger ship with newer technolgy on it and better shields , but at this time we are still tring to learn the technolgy we have today . With use having an ANCIENT SHIP to learn more from we should be able to build better ships over all . The ORION doesnt have ZPM powering it so we could learn what they did to power up this massive ship , also we are still learning about Atlantis that has really great SHIELDS and WEAPONS that we still are learning about .

But yes i think by the time SEASON 10 or SG-1 and SEASON 3 of SG-A we will see some really cool ships that have some really great technolgy that evern the Ori are going to have some trouble with .

Comment

Yes, we could build bigger ships. But personally, I think they need to focus on building better ships, not bigger ships.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

It's like Mobile Phones.

The Brick = Phoning = Bad

The Smaller Brick = Phoning & Answer Machine = Meh

The Neo-Brick = Phoning & Answer Machine & Texting = Yeah

The Average Phone = Phoning & Answer Machine & Texting & Games = Yay!

The Modern Phone = Phoning & Answer Machine & Texting & Games & Pictures = Wheee!

The Neo-Phone= Phoning & Answer Machine & Texting & Games & Pictures & Camera = Wow...

The Phone of the Future = Everything in the size of your Little Fingernail= Golly!

We don't want bigger ships, we want better, compact ships, like Mobile phones!

Comment

And with better weapons and shield capabilities.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
                And with better weapons and shield capabilities.
                Mobile Phones with better weapons and shield capabilities? I thought they were High Tech already!

"With the bundle Package you get 1 years free supply of Texts & Drones plus you get 200mins free talk time & Shield Capabilities!"

Comment

I'm thinking they need to see if there's any information handy in the Atlantis database to help them with possibly reverse-engineering that Ori satellite weapon. After all, Tegalus doesn't really have much use for it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL-
                    Yes they could build biger ship with newer technolgy on it and better shields , but at this time we are still tring to learn the technolgy we have today . With use having an ANCIENT SHIP to learn more from we should be able to build better ships over all . The ORION doesnt have ZPM powering it so we could learn what they did to power up this massive ship , also we are still learning about Atlantis that has really great SHIELDS and WEAPONS that we still are learning about.
                    This season? I... don't think that's likely. I mean, it's one thing to design all systems to handle a huge power load (Naquadah Generator), but it's totally different to reverse engineer the crystalline technology that the Ancients designed their tech with.. and then advance our current silicon technology up to that level. Especially in the midst of a war that we're currently losing.

We can study what the energy source on the Orion, but it'll be a long while before we can even begin to replicate that technology. That is to say... if Weir is still head of Atlantis. Notice how they haven't been pulling data out of the Atlantis databanks to figure how to make ZPMs, the specifics behind their weapons technology and such.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                      This season? I... don't think that's likely. I mean, it's one thing to design all systems to handle a huge power load (Naquadah Generator), but it's totally different to reverse engineer the crystalline technology that the Ancients designed their tech with.. and then advance our current silicon technology up to that level. Especially in the midst of a war that we're currently losing.

We can study what the energy source on the Orion, but it'll be a long while before we can even begin to replicate that technology. That is to say... if Weir is still head of Atlantis. Notice how they haven't been pulling data out of the Atlantis databanks to figure how to make ZPMs, the specifics behind their weapons technology and such.
                      Who knows its really up to the WRITERS on this one , but if you look at HISTORY of these world . Most improvements happened burring a war . Planes Cars and other Vehicles where built up and made the more ADVANCEMENTS durring the wars .

If anything WARS have always helped out with are TECHNOLOGY , Do you really think we would have COMPUTERS if WW1 and 2 ever happened , NO . Couse we would have no need for them IN AIRPLANES or other VEHICLES .

But as far as SG-1 goes , i could se them making a NEWER BATTLE SHIP for the show , SOMETHING from ANCIENT DESIGN . If you watch the LAST show of SG-A they said in 1 month time they had the SHIP up and running , but not at 100% yet , if you give them time they would have the SHIP redy for any war , and at the same time taking the DESIGN to BUILD are own SHIPS from nothing . I would still say by the time this SEASON is over we will have more advance technology in the SHOW . That includes new ships and weapons to fight off the Ori and there Fleet .

Comment

THe first computer "bug" was found in 1945, near the end of WW2. The biggest jump in computer technology happened after war and wasn't directly tied to any armed aggression either.

As for repairing the ancient warships... it's a whole ton easier to repair a ship with their own components when we have a basic understanding of how it works, but to create it ourselves is a completely different story. We can make Earth-equivalent components (though much less efficient and oftentimes much bulkier than before), but creating a ship using ancient designs and ideas may still be too advanced for us.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko
                          THe first computer "bug" was found in 1945, near the end of WW2. The biggest jump in computer technology happened after war and wasn't directly tied to any armed aggression either.
                          Nevertheless, radar, jet engines, rockets, atomic power and many more... wars have been the catalyst for many technological advancements. It's like the old cliche 'necessity is the mother of invention'.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                          My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

they could built anancient satelite, like the one in atlantis' solar sistem...because they do have the skematics(they were able to find out from the database that it can be powered by a naquadah generator...)it's a perfect ideea...
                            http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/4...tributedc0.jpg

Comment

wht was tht ship called in "Enemsis" it had cool weapons, that phaser like from star trek which shoot all the shoots from SG-1's hatak.

Comment

Working...
                              X