This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foundation of the Lantians - Cross between SG1 and Atlantis

Ok, I was watching all of the Stargate SG1 episodes from Season 7,8,9 that has relations to the Ancients. I then watched Atlantis season 1 and had some thoughts that hasn't been addressed on the forum (well I haven't seen these questions yet).

A) City Ships in the MW:
    The Lantians left the MW galaxy to the PG galaxy in order to seed new life, but when we watched SGA: 1x01 & 1x02, we see that the City ship is on Earth.

When you think about this, If they were in the MW with the city ship b4 they went to the PG, then it stands to reason that the City ship was built in the MW. If this is the case, would there be city ships in the MW?

B) Technology in the MW:
    The Alterians and the Lantians, both Ancient societies, but the Lantians left the MW to seed new life in the PG. In the PG their technology surprasses anything we have seen in the MW, except for the drones.

Why is it that the PG has a large wealth of technology, while the MW has tech that isn't so scientific based. When I mean scientific based, I mean theres no super laser platforms, or battleships/cruisers, etc. We haven't even seen 1 Puddle Jumper that was built.

The only reason we saw the PJ in 8x13 (SG1), was because Jonas must have built another one in the MW when he left Atlantis, when he told old Dr.Weir that he was going to build another one. I don't know the exact episode number, but it was (Before I sleep - 1x15 (i think)).

C) Spirituality and Culture between them:

It seems to me that the Lantians were the scientific bunch while the alterians were the spiritual bunch. Seems like that since the Lantians built all these cool scientific gadgets in the PG, the seemly cool tech built in the MW was built by the Lantians that escaped.

Examples of this: Dakara weapon & Gate destroyer technology.

I'm thinking that when the Lantians left to go to the MW, they ascended from knowledge learned by the Alterians. We know that these socieites both lived differently.

I'm also thinking, but i'm not sure about this either. In 9x10 (SG1) we learned from Orlin that the Ancients and Ori were one society, but the Ancients decided to leave because they believed in science while the ori believed in spirituallity.

Would it stand to reason that the Lantians (the ones involved with science) is the older than the Alterians, that the Alterians were spawned from the Lantians, as they believed in religion as well as science?

--------

I figured this would be a good post to put up, since the majority of my postings have been garbage.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

this is exactly what i have been trying to put across, but i think the main reason no tech has been found is probably due to a joint effort of destruction by the remaining alterans ie they destroy the remains of ther society in order to preserve the new life they have seeded using the Dha'kara weapon. think about it, if you reseeded life at an early stage of development you wouldnt want themselves blowing each other up with drones and zpms etc. the second thing is that the tech may have been scavanged by races like the gulds, its how they gathered all ther tech in the first place as we know.

o and i think the lantians were just the remains of the Alterans after the plague and the reseeding of life in the MW, i dont think there older in society terms i just believe they are what followed the alteran extinction in MW

Comment

Originally posted by thomashortoncc
      this is exactly what i have been trying to put across, but i think the main reason no tech has been found is probably due to a joint effort of destruction by the remaining alterans ie they destroy the remains of ther society in order to preserve the new life they have seeded using the Dha'kara weapon. think about it, if you reseeded life at an early stage of development you wouldnt want themselves blowing each other up with drones and zpms etc. the second thing is that the tech may have been scavanged by races like the gulds, its how they gathered all ther tech in the first place as we know.

o and i think the lantians were just the remains of the Alterans after the plague and the reseeding of life in the MW, i dont think there older in society terms i just believe they are what followed the alteran extinction in MW
      Ok, you make an excellent point, but I disagree on some of your theory though.

For instance, Atlantis is a prime example of powerful technology. It has ZPMs, drones, powerful shields, etc. And yet when the Lantians left Atlantis, why not destroy Atlantis.

Or if they were all going to be ascended, why not go back to Atlantis and destroy what they have. It doesn't really make much sense that they left all of Atlantis when they left. If they knew that they couldn't return then why just blow up Atlantis anyways.

Second, about destroying everything in the MW. I agree on the point where they destroyed everything. It makes perfect sense that you wouldn't want your creations go beserk and destroying everything. But sure, the Dakara weapon was well hidden, Avalon was well hidden, but there was a bunch of Ancient tech that wasn't (ie: Gate blow up machine or DNA manipulation).

It makes me wonder though because the point that was solid, and I completely agree with is that the Goa'uld, a race that steals other tech and incorporates it into their own, maybe the ancient tech left over was taken by the Goa'uld and other races.

Hopefully we'll learn more, especially with how SG1 is going towards season 10, and word of the Furlings coming back. I'd love to see some storyline involving "The 5th race" again. I'd want to hear about the Grand Alliance and what happened after the Ancients ascended.

Why didn't the furlings involve themselves in the MW. We know that the NOX didn't involve because they hid themselves and didn't care about other races.

Asgard protected the Ancients creation. (Protected Planets Treaty).

But what about the Furlings? No clue?

Comment

Please, if your interested in this side of Stargate, to do with the past Read Stargate: Genesis, it a brand new Virtual Series like horizon that ive heading that airs with its first Epeisode 2moro; and is set in the Past when the allience ruled and Dakara is a main, if not the focus of the series. We have a thread in fanfic as well as a section at SG:U, a forum and website so check us out if you can.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out

Comment

great, well the first episode for you to read is in less than 24 hours! release is imminant so we hope yourll become a fan.
            sigpic
            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
              great, well the first episode for you to read is in less than 24 hours! release is imminant so we hope yourll become a fan.
              I'll sure check it out.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

thanks alot, explaining and bringing life to the allience, dakara and the history of the SG1 and SGA universe is foundation of the show, and so this thread, or the people interested in this thread and others like it should check out Genesis because its really all about the issues in the thread.
                sigpic
                11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift
                  Ok, I was watching all of the Stargate SG1 episodes from Season 7,8,9 that has relations to the Ancients. I then watched Atlantis season 1 and had some thoughts that hasn't been addressed on the forum (well I haven't seen these questions yet).

A) City Ships in the MW:
                  The Lantians left the MW galaxy to the PG galaxy in order to seed new life, but when we watched SGA: 1x01 & 1x02, we see that the City ship is on Earth.

When you think about this, If they were in the MW with the city ship b4 they went to the PG, then it stands to reason that the City ship was built in the MW. If this is the case, would there be city ships in the MW?
                  You have to remeber that ALL of the Atlerians where leaving to the PG Galaxy , So they might have took all there CITY SHIP with them , If you look closely they still left messages where to find the CITY .

B) Technology in the MW:
                  The Alterians and the Lantians, both Ancient societies, but the Lantians left the MW to seed new life in the PG. In the PG their technology surprasses anything we have seen in the MW, except for the drones.

Why is it that the PG has a large wealth of technology, while the MW has tech that isn't so scientific based. When I mean scientific based, I mean theres no super laser platforms, or battleships/cruisers, etc. We haven't even seen 1 Puddle Jumper that was built.

The only reason we saw the PJ in 8x13 (SG1), was because Jonas must have built another one in the MW when he left Atlantis, when he told old Dr.Weir that he was going to build another one. I don't know the exact episode number, but it was (Before I sleep - 1x15 (i think)).
                  This is easy , When they left the MW Galaxy it was planned out to take stuff , but still leaving behind NOTE and other stuff for others to find in the FUTURE , this way they could learn how to make there own technology .

Also if your think of it they did leave us somethings like ZPMs and other technology , Just the Goa'ulds found most of it and used it for there own technology . There could have been ships too jsut the Goa'ulds might have found them firt and took then to learn who to make there own ships .

C) Spirituality and Culture between them:

It seems to me that the Lantians were the scientific bunch while the alterians were the spiritual bunch. Seems like that since the Lantians built all these cool scientific gadgets in the PG, the seemly cool tech built in the MW was built by the Lantians that escaped.

Examples of this: Dakara weapon & Gate destroyer technology.

I'm thinking that when the Lantians left to go to the MW, they ascended from knowledge learned by the Alterians. We know that these socieites both lived differently.

I'm also thinking, but i'm not sure about this either. In 9x10 (SG1) we learned from Orlin that the Ancients and Ori were one society, but the Ancients decided to leave because they believed in science while the ori believed in spirituallity.

Would it stand to reason that the Lantians (the ones involved with science) is the older than the Alterians, that the Alterians were spawned from the Lantians, as they believed in religion as well as science?.
                  I like your thought on it , but here is mine .

At the time when the ACIENTS where in the MW about 10,000,000 nillion years ago , they where KNOWN as ATLERIANS . they setup bases and made there alliance with the other 3 great races ( ASGARDES , NOX and FURLINS ) . A plegue broke out and only attacked the Atliarens , could be from something they where working on . To not spread it any further then this galaxy . they desided to leave to the PG GALAXY . leaving behind the infected ones to trigger the DAKARA super-weapon . This weapon could be used to target a certain DNA , like HUMANS or others . Noxs could have prtected them selfs with somekind of technology , or they really lived in some other galaxy that was destroyed after the Atliarens left the MW galaxy , so they made there home here in the MW galaxy .

When the Atliarens made it to the PG galaxy to re-seed it with life , they found some other cultures out there already , so they might not have to really re-seed it as much as we think . When they landed and made there home on Atlantis there culture might have made great advancements from when in the PG galaxy . The Humans from other world might have giving then the name LANTEANS . When they where under attack with the Wraith they had no choose but to leave Atlantis and everthing behind tell a later date , but this was the only way from the MW to the PG galaxy so instead of destorin g the only way to make it back to the PG galaxy with out a ship , they sunk Atlantis to the Ocean floor tell they could come back and take the wraith out .

When comign back to the MW galaxy they learned that LIFE restarted and there was no need for them to interfear with what was going on , some might have took the path and learned how to ASCEND and other might have took the path in traveling to other GALAXIES to learn how to take the Wraith out . Some might have wanted to restart there lifes back in the MW galaxy and started to work on things like the REPLICATORS or something else .

Yo also have to rmember that there was 9,990,000 years between the ANCIENTS leaving the MW and coming back tot the MW galaxy , there could have been alot more they left behind jsut we havnt found it yet . The MW galaxy is a really big place , and ever the Goa'ulds didnt take over ever word and found all the technology that wa left behind from the Ancients . there could still be alot of stuff we need to find and learn are selfs about the MW galaxy .

Never know there could also be alot more galaxies out there that the Ancients went to and made NEW home worlds that they might still live on .

The MW galalxy 10 million years ago could have been one of there OUT-POST that Atlantis was started on , At the same time they could have traveled to other Galaxies making new life or just expanding there own life , The MW galalxy Could be a small opart of what the Ancients really had set-up . In 10 Million years they could have explored more then a few thousand galaxies if not mroe . leaving STARGATES and ATLANTIS like bases in ever galaxy . Some could still be in working order with ANCIENTS still living there .

--------

I figured this would be a good post to put up, since the majority of my postings have been garbage.[/QUOTE]

Comment

NO, The PJ in "It's good to be King" episode in season 8 was the "modified " Time machine that was left there by the Ancients who were studying time travel. That was how the ancients on that planet were able to record History BEFORE it happened. And Col. Maybourne was able to use it to his advantage. Jonas didn't build that PJ.
                    Dave aka:

GearheadSG1

Comment

I think the point is that the "the [Ancient] who [was] studying time travel" was in fact Janus.

Comment

alterrans = lantians

Comment

the replicators were created by reece the robot which was created by a human scientist not too long ago. reece created the replicators as a toy but the other scientists of that planet diddent like that so they ordered the destruction of the robot which had a homocidly flaw in her carictor she tought the replicators to multiply and after they had reached a critical mass the robot couldnot controll them and the replicators took all the technology form that race of humans which had a stargate address to a planet in the asguard galaxy where they found another race with advanced tech (not the asguard) after destroying and eating all there tech they stayed on that planet untill asguard reserchers beamed up a couple of the replicators to study but they were overconfident and the replicators took over the asguard ship and incorperated the tech. to fight the replicators the asguard built evermore powerfull ships with more advanced tech and they were taken over as well making the replicators even stronger. then sg1 found the robot reece and gave it to the asguard to help them in their war the asguard found a command in reece to call all the replicators to her (rmember that at this stage the replicators had no organisation they were actualy like bugs atracted to high energy level and only thought about creating more of them selfes) this was to set a time trap with a time dilation device incased in solid nutronium which wouls allow the asguard the time to think of a way to defeat them but when the replicatoes asimilated the robot they relised that this was their creator and the bugs now created the human form replicators which gave the replicators order and purpouse this human form replicator sliped through a crack in the nutrinium and reverced the time dilation device ot make time go faster the sg1 rverced the device again making time slower then the asguard turned the sun that the planet orbited in to a blach hole to destroy the replicators they escaped and thor turned to jack onill which had the reposetory of the anchents dowloaded in his brain to use that and CREATE a way to defeat the replicators.

the point im trying to make is that the anchents did NOT create the replicators

the replicators and the hot zone nano virus are two different things

the anchents were asended or for some of them dead by the time the replicators were created.

the replicators were only that strong because of the asguard tactics in trying to beat them ie:building more advanced ships
                          Thor: "You have accessed the ship´s computers."
                          Jack: "So I can do whatever I want?"
                          Jack turns off and on the lights of the ship several times.
                          Thor: "Stop it."
                          Jack: "oki."

Comment

asurans were born from an alterran accident. however the real hz creators are out there somewhere. i.e the previous (former) inhabitants of pegasus

Comment

Originally posted by NakedJehutyV2
                              alterrans = lantians
                              Alterans=Lantiens

Europeans=Americans?

Comment

Working...
                              X