What is Sam's Callsign?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is Sam's Callsign?

Folks have been wondering, what would SAm's call sign be?
    We know that Cam's is 'Shaft'

here are the 'rules'
    The Three Rules of Nicknames:

1. If you don't already have one, you will be assigned one by your "buddies".
    2. You probably won't like it.
    3. If you piss and moan too much about 1. and 2., you'll get a new nickname you'll like even less!

So, how do you get a call sign?

Do something stupid or have it fit with your last name. Obvious examples, 'Crash' or LT 'Cheese' Kraft. Some times it's based on a physical appearance thing like 'Carrot'.
    Barbie
    12.85%
    Giggles
    2.79%
    Mary Poppins
    3.35%
    Bambi
    1.12%
    BlueEyes
    3.91%
    Wizard
    3.91%
    Einstein
    13.41%
    MacGyver
    7.26%
    MacBarbie
    5.59%
    Tinkerbelle
    21.23%
    Legs
    5.59%
    Blondie
    5.59%
    Princess
    2.79%
    Blue Angel
    5.59%
    Other - please elaborate below
    5.03%
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Barbie, she'd hate that one
    Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
    - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

She gained the respect from her buddies at the SGC so I'm sure she gained the respect from her flight training buddies too... I don't think all call signs have to be something you hate. I have a hard time deciding between wizard or Einstein. Both are fitting for the way she solves problems and the great ideas that help save the day.
      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 08 April 2006, 10:53 AM.

Comment

It was a toss up between Giggles and Mary Poppins. But, I figured Mitchell was the first person to call her that, and she must have had her call name before then. So, Giggles won out.
        I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

I voted for blondie

Comment

barbie & legs. just seems like something flyboys would call her.
            but if i had to pick something that was actually on its face a compliment, i'd have to pick SAM [Surface to Air Missle]. But they’re not supposed to be flattering (in name)!
            sigpic
            "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
            Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Barbie (on account of those legs, the blond hair, and the IQ-irony factor), Einstein (cuz that's what the smart kids often get teased with), and Tinkerbelle (for many many reasons, incl. echoes of the Memphis Belle).

Comment

I voted for "Barbie." Sam'd hate it, but it would be absolutely descriptive: mile long legs, blonde hair, and big blue eyes. Someone in the Samanda thread suggested that Sam would probably grow to like it because it was so contrary to who she is. It would be an in-joke for those in the know and a way to catch up newbies.

Bucky (also an "against type" nickname)

Comment

i'd go for tinkerbelle or legs

einstein would be another one that would work

can you imagine the radio chatter 'tinkerbelle, bank left'
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I voted other cause I like...

Legs MacBarbie!
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Voted for Tinkerbelle ... because, given the explanation for that one, she DOES like to "Tinker" with stuff all the time. I could see the guys calling her that. And she'd hate the nickname, lol

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                      ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

I voted for Einstein. I can see Sam telling everyone he's smarter than me.

Comment

I had to go for Tinkerbelle... it fits really well and sim made a brilliant little graphic that would go on her helmet and such.

sigpic

Comment

OK, I picked MacGuyver because she did actually use the term in COTG so she probably used it before (except, of course, that MacGuyver wasn't standing right next to her before). Or maybe the guys would call her "MacGirlver" instead as a little sexist joke. I think PDL would call her Bambi because he's always remarking about her "bid doe eyes".

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              I had to go for Tinkerbelle... it fits really well and sim made a brilliant little graphic that would go on her helmet and such.

yeah, that stoyry/graphic almost turned me into a tink. but, (since i doubt it ACTUALLY happened), i think the guys would automatically pick barbie (or legs) if the nothing happened to change thier minds.
                              sigpic
                              "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                              Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

Working...
                              X