This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season ten filming

I live in Vnacouver where can I go to scope out some filming or will the set cops boot me of if I get near them

Originally posted by Dead_Hobo_Society
    I live in Vnacouver where can I go to scope out some filming or will the set cops boot me of if I get near them
    the set cops would most likely boot you off the minute you get near them.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill
      the set cops would most likely boot you off the minute you get near them.
      You could always try and dress up like an extra.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well there is pretty much no way that you can get near the sets but you can often times see stuff filming from a distance. Just when we were in Vancouver for the Creation Con they were filming an episode of Smallville down the street from out hotel.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
          You could always try and dress up like an extra.
          Good idea, but don't go in your best SG-1 convention costume. No no no, that's a huge mistake.

Where normal looking clothes... try dressing like a complete douchebag, Kevin Federline or Skeet Ulrich comes to mind.

Anyway, tell them you're there to film your scene, if they ask you what scene, when your call time is, where's your ID, etc., just explode and start yelling at them. Carry on as much as you can, toss some threats about them doing mall security in some hick town in Oklahoma for the rest of their lives if they don't let you in.

Try tossing your bottle of water or Starbucks (did I mention that, you have to have either a bottle of water or Starbucks to complete the illusion) at them. Don't aim for the face with the coffee of course, only A and high B list celebs can get away with that, and they know it. The object here is to establish dominance, much like how a dog might growl at you, or hump your leg. You're better than them, and they have to know that. So humiliating them is the key.

All of this should convince them that you're an actor.

If this doesn't work, try the Bugs Bunny route and dress in drag.

If that works too well, try going the delivery boy route. Dress up like a UPS man, or a caterer. Or try to blend in with a big crowd of teamsters or something that are all going through the gate en mass.

Should all that fail, claim you're Amanda's husband and you forgot your pass, just have them call her and come down to ID you. When she comes down, and confirms you're not her husband, declare your undying love and push your way past the guards to embrace her.

Make sure you curl up into a little ball and play dead when the guards start beating you. Cover your eyes with your hands to avoid getting too much pepper spray in them.

Once you're released from the hospital, sue the studio for damages, for your physical injuries and emotional distress they caused by beating you down. Settle out of court and get as much money as you can, take a set pass, or request some props, like a Zat or Staff weapon in leu or monetary compensation.

Now, in the off chance they let you in to begin with, just get away with what you can. Continue the ruse as you must. Should they become suspicious of you, start demanding to know where your Passionfruit/Guava/Mango/Banana smoothie is. The more obscure and "exotic" fruit combination the better. And remember, it has to be organic.

When they finally throw you out, make sure you threaten wildly that you'll see them all shut down for this outrage, you know people, powerful people. Then add insult to injury, after you've been thrown out, by reminding them that James Spader could kick Michael Shanks ass in a fight (it's not true, but say it anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_Hobo_Society
            Why don't you try to find a place to scope out some of the filming and let all of us know how it turned out.

Comment

At Bragi, That was Brilliant, I applaud you! I'm in stitches. You should write for SG1! I mean it!
              Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56
                At Bragi, That was Brilliant, I applaud you! I'm in stitches. You should write for SG1! I mean it!
                I agree, very hilarious! (I hope my green went through, the forum was being weird!)
                Say No To Kirking: Join STAKS

Comment

Alas, it's not such a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Bragi
                    Alas, it's not such a good idea.

LOL!! Very funny, indeed.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

well you can always bride a guard

Comment

*snicker* Bribe and bride are two, very, very different things...

Comment

Don't they have set tours during fliming?

???
                          Dave aka:

GearheadSG1

Comment

No.

Comment

It's ok. To get onto the set, just tell the guards you're a close friend of Michael Shanks.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X