Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

!!Goldsmith Releases 4 SG1 Music Pieces!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

!!Goldsmith Releases 4 SG1 Music Pieces!!

Yaaay!!! So, Joel Goldsmith, the guy in charge of the awesome music on Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, just updated his site to include music from SG1!

The tracks are:

Children of the Gods
    Ascension
    Camelot (!!)
    End Credits

Link here: http://www.freeclyde.com/bytes/bytes_music.html

I haven't listened to them, but they can only be good.

Originally posted by PG15
    Yaaay!!! So, Joel Goldsmith, the guy in charge of the awesome music on Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis, just updated his site to include music from SG1!

The tracks are:

Children of the Gods
    Ascension
    Camelot (!!)
    End Credits

Link here: http://www.freeclyde.com/bytes/bytes_music.html

I haven't listened to them, but they can only be good.
    w00t Has he released sheet music for SG-1 though? (like for trombone?)
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

so ... is this gonna be released on CD somewhere or is someone gonna have to rip this from the net for all of us? :-P it'd be great if he released a CD and had teyla's song on it. and not cropped out of the episode. like ... a nice studio recording. of course i'm sure that's over and done w/, but we can dream, right?

Comment

Thanks for posting this!

Comment

Ooh, this is brilliant!! Thanks for posting!

I really wish they'd release more music from SG-1 - especially from season 9.

Comment

Originally posted by Merrin_Delaney
            Ooh, this is brilliant!! Thanks for posting!

I really wish they'd release more music from SG-1 - especially from season 9.
            Well - Joel has stated in an interview at the Scifi-World that he plans to release further SG-1 & Atlantis Soundtracks.

So hopefully this is the start of the process of releasing more of the soundtrack

Comment

Thanks.....

I love Ascension
              It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

News on Joel Goldsmith's site at this link:

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27082

Comment

Wow thanks for the link

Green for you
                  The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

He is seriously one of my favorite composers. I wish he'd release a cd.

Comment

Awesome.

Being a musician myself, it's always interesting to hear the music from the show, especially when it really brings something to the show.

For example, in the camelot music on the website, that bit near the end where it slows down but is still grand really works
                      Spoiler:
                      with the show (it's the bit where we get a slow-mo of the characters etc as everything really goes wrong)

Does he do the music for every single episode ... that would be very time consuming ... does anyone know how it all works in post production?
                      I'm not Weird, I'm Gifted!

Comment

YES!!! Orlin's theme from 'Ascension' is one of my favorite melodies from the show, ever, and it's there!
                        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

The Camelot one rocks. It's my favorite one of them all, but it's cooler with the sounds of the episode in it.

Man I wish I could download it though, then I could put it on my iPod.
                          Last edited by NowIWillDestroyAbydos; 07 April 2006, 11:13 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            The Camelot one rocks. It's my favorite one of them all, but it's cooler with the sounds of the episode in it.

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                            Man I wish I could download it though, then I could put it on my iPod.
                            Yeah. Too bad it seems to have been locked up inside some kind of an evil Flash thingie.
                            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
                              YES!!! Orlin's theme from 'Ascension' is one of my favorite melodies from the show, ever, and it's there!
                              I agree with you, that is possibly the best piece of music from Stargate ever.
                              Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                              - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Working...
                              X