X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks in New Zealand article

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/410965/414121

Saturdays at 1.00pm On the next episode, screening April 8: New Order Part II
    There was mild controversy during the sixth season when fan favourite
    cast member Michael Shanks (who plays Dr. Daniel Jackson) left the show. There was a fan outcry, with petitions organised and boycotts threatened.

So you can imagine the rejoicing that must have occured when it was announced that Shanks (pictured above, in the glasses) had rejoined the cast*in the seventh season.So why did Shanks return?"The main criteria for tempting me was I knew that the character was going to be utilised," he told What Satellite and Digitial TV."The set-up of this year was that Richard (Dean Anderson) wanted to be in less of the show this year than he had in previous seasons and he was giving a lot more opportunity for the three supporting characters to carry the show."The characters are going off on their own adventures a little bit more, but also when we are all there it's not just the four of us - three people standing about, one person doing all the talking kind of thing - there are a lot more character driven stories than there were before."I think the dynamic between all the chracters is getting fleshed out."

* * ** *Click on link above full text*
Working...
X