Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know someone you know isn't a gatehead when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know someone you know isn't a gatehead when...

... you yell "shal nok kree!" at them and they stare at you blankly

you ask them "do you believe in ascension?" to them and they stare at you blankly

You guys can think of some more! come on! ready? GO!!

When someone when describing you says "she likes that star.....trekkie thingy with MacGyver"

They don't think RDA has been in anything since MacGyver.

They cant understand your obsession with blue Jello.

They think "The Deluise" is a naval vessel

They can't understand what you could possibly to for all those hours on the internet.

Comment

They're indifferent to the Season Eight marathon, and turn down your offer to explain the whole background of events.
      "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
      " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
      Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

When you ask them if they watch Stargate:

"Ew! I hate that Star Trek garbage!"

Comment

You say Stargate & they say "what?" and look confused
          I've come across a few of these lost people
          "Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand!" Mark Twain (1835-1910)
          "But you see, just because we've been dealt a certain hand doesn't mean we can't choose to rise above it. To conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted. To try and retain whatever essential humanity we can." ~Edward from Twilight
          Historic Connections Ancient history resources business my Dad runs...go check it out

Comment

Non-Gatehead: Is that the show with the guy with the weird thing on his head?

You: *Sigh*...yes.

Comment

When you laugh at some random O'Neill-ism and they look at you funny....
              There is a reason why I do certain stuff... and that is just 30 % of the time. The rest.. I just wing it.

Comment

You mention Stargate and their reaction is "Oh god.....".

Comment

hahaha man that season 8 one is EXACTLY what i experience.

me: you watch Stargate?
                  them: yeah only coz of that good lookin black guy

~__~

Comment

When everyone looks at you funny while you play with the dial on your watch saying 'Chevron 7 Locked'
                    When you have to explain what a P-90 is.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

...they don't break out in laughter when you reply them with "Indeed"
                      ...they keep asking why every offworlder in the show speaks English.
                      ...they say "That's what you've been doing the past four hours?" when you say you've been on GW all that time

Comment

When they call Teal'c a girl...(I've had that one)
                        When they refer to Stargate as Star Trek and you have to constantly explain ot them the difference.

Comment

I have experienced every single one of these.

Comment

...they threaten to leave you if you don't pull down your shrine to Samantha Carter (complete with incense)
                            *sigh*

Comment

When they call you when Stargate is on.
                              Why arnt they watching it?
                              I have told them many times the day and time it is on.
                              I also had a mate call me this week then say sorry, you will be watchig Stargate, at which point i burst out laughing, months of calling me when its on and the one time she nearly remembers and its not on!
                              Is it my fault for not talking about it enough with them?

Comment

Working...
                              X