PDA

View Full Version : Who's Arthur?

Erin
April 5th, 2006, 12:10 PM
spoilers

I've been reading threads on another forum saying Mitchell is Arthur, but I think Jack O'Neill is!! Richard Dean Anderson is coming back for a few episodes and Arthur is coming back! So it's a good logical connection. Jack's got the genes, so I think it'd be perfect!!

The Prophet
April 5th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I doubt it, it's only for a few episodes to tie up a few lose ends. Making him Arthur Reincarnate would create a whole new Jack arc that wouldn't be able to be completed within a few episodes.

Also, I think it will be Mitchell. Does he have the ATA gene?

P.S. To use spoilers:

Spoilt text in here [/ spoiler]

^Just miss out the spaces between the symbols (i.e ) & ([spoiler])

Then it should appear as:

This, i.e Spoilt text in here

Bragi
April 5th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Most likely - a Briton general in the late Roman era. Or a Saxon warlord in the early Dark Ages.

Oh... you meant in Stargate.....

I dunno. I think I'm just going to sit back and not speculate on this one. Let TPTB surprise me.

jenks
April 5th, 2006, 08:25 PM
No offence but I think the idea of Arthur being a character already in the show is a bit retarded, I doubt TPTB would go down that route...

the fifth man
April 5th, 2006, 08:42 PM
... I doubt TPTB would go down that route...

I sure hope they don't. If Arthur is introduced at some point, I say let him be a new character.

FallenAngelII
April 5th, 2006, 11:37 PM
Yeah, because Arthur's coming back (accompanied by his 12 knights even).

Also, the rules state that we don't have (nor should we) use spoiler-tags in the Season Ten and Season Three sections (unless it's a 10x02 thread and you spoil for episodes 10x03 and beyond, etc.).

Chutzpah
April 6th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Yeah, because Arthur's coming back (accompanied by his 12 knights even).

Hmm, perhaps it's a Rugby league team. Im guessing the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

IcyNeko
April 7th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Arthur is actually an extra-planar being that is in stasis in the ascended state, whom will descend into human form once the union of the five elements has been reached.

Earth: Teal'c
Fire: O'Neill
Wind: Mitchell
Water: Carter
Heart: Daniel Jackson

By your powers combined... Hammond is Captain Plane... Arthur.

The Prophet
April 7th, 2006, 04:38 PM
You forgot the 5th Japanese Element VOID! Now the Magical Seal of Enlightenment shall never be lifted & the curse shall reign down upon us for all Eternity! You Fool! You Foolish Fool! :D

Anway... what's this thread about again? Ohh, King Arthur? This Guy? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_Arthur)

Notice how his Surname: Pendragon, sounds a lot like a Deceased Colonel of The Promethius: Colonel Pendergast! *Shock/Horror!*

He will Return!

IcyNeko
April 7th, 2006, 05:45 PM
They're going to have to piece him from the molecules over that planet (Kowlana?).

:hammond: :hammond: :hammond:

The Prophet
April 7th, 2006, 05:48 PM
Yes! He wasn't really destroyed! he was just "pieced" as Ben Browder & Claudia Black were on Farscape:The Peace Keeper Wars!

Why are we using spoilers anyway? We're in S10?

the fifth man
April 7th, 2006, 07:30 PM
Yes! He wasn't really destroyed! he was just "pieced" as Ben Browder & Claudia Black were on Farscape:The Peace Keeper Wars!

Some people just like using the tags.:D

Col.Foley
April 7th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Well I my self think that it is Mitchell for three main reasons. One Mitchell reunited SG-1 after they all had moved on to different areas of work. Carter at R&D, Teal'c being a council member for the Jaffa, Daniel going to Atlantis. And it was made a very big deal in the last few episodes how Arthur would return and unite the knights of the round table and lead them on a great quest. Which if you follow this to its natural conclusion, the absurd part of this is that would make Daniel Merlin, Teal'c Lancelot, and Carter Gwenivire. Also this quest is a specific quest to find the Sungreal, which is now what Mitchell and SG-1 are doing.
Mitchell also faught, and pulled the Sword from the stone to fight the first holographic night, and won. Now even though he did not pull the sword from the stone the seacond time, the girl still tossed te sword to Mitchell for him to figh the Black Knight.
I don't think that the reincarnation of Arthur, (if there is one) will necessarily have to have the gene.

The Prophet
April 8th, 2006, 04:19 AM
Well I my self think that it is Mitchell for three main reasons. One Mitchell reunited SG-1 after they all had moved on to different areas of work. Carter at R&D, Teal'c being a council member for the Jaffa, Daniel going to Atlantis. And it was made a very big deal in the last few episodes how Arthur would return and unite the knights of the round table and lead them on a great quest. Which if you follow this to its natural conclusion, the absurd part of this is that would make Daniel Merlin, Teal'c Lancelot, and Carter Gwenivire. Also this quest is a specific quest to find the Sungreal, which is now what Mitchell and SG-1 are doing.
Mitchell also faught, and pulled the Sword from the stone to fight the first holographic night, and won. Now even though he did not pull the sword from the stone the seacond time, the girl still tossed te sword to Mitchell for him to figh the Black Knight.
I don't think that the reincarnation of Arthur, (if there is one) will necessarily have to have the gene.

So what? Daniel Starts living backwards through time & goes relativley insane, Mitchell Marries carter but she cheats on him with Teal'c. Cam has Sam burnt & the stake for her infidelity but along comes Teal'c to rescue her? And they live happily ever after?... Apart form Daniel being insane, Mitchell being lonley & in Stasis & The Teal'c/Sam Shippers going overboard?

I think the Girls could be the "Lady of the Lake" so to speak, it's a possibility so far...

Col.Foley
April 8th, 2006, 09:05 AM
So what? Daniel Starts living backwards through time & goes relativley insane, Mitchell Marries carter but she cheats on him with Teal'c. Cam has Sam burnt & the stake for her infidelity but along comes Teal'c to rescue her? And they live happily ever after?... Apart form Daniel being insane, Mitchell being lonley & in Stasis & The Teal'c/Sam Shippers going overboard?

I think the Girls could be the "Lady of the Lake" so to speak, it's a possibility so far...
Didn' I say that that part of the theory was absurd? You know I was right about that part, the theory obviously is absurd. I still maintain Micthell is Arhur, just the other charcters arn't related to Arthurian legend at all now. Thank you for the insights.

The Prophet
April 9th, 2006, 04:48 AM
Didn' I say that that part of the theory was absurd? You know I was right about that part, the theory obviously is absurd. I still maintain Micthell is Arhur, just the other charcters arn't related to Arthurian legend at all now. Thank you for the insights.

Sorry, that was Harsh, I apologise.

Blitz
April 9th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Wasnt harsh

Hilarius...yes
lol!

BESIDES, technicly the SG-1 Team could be knights, the back up

In legend Arthur was linked to the land, the land suffered because he suffered - I want to know if that will be brought up.

d10sfan
April 9th, 2006, 06:02 PM

ok.......:confused:

The Prophet
April 9th, 2006, 06:07 PM
ok.......:confused:

KnockOut (KO) : 1

:rolleyes:

Yeah...

Harry the Hippo Gutterman
April 10th, 2006, 04:59 AM
Dudley Moore!!!

What do i win?

ReganX
April 10th, 2006, 05:40 AM
spoilers

I've been reading threads on another forum saying Mitchell is Arthur, but I think Jack O'Neill is!! Richard Dean Anderson is coming back for a few episodes and Arthur is coming back! So it's a good logical connection. Jack's got the genes, so I think it'd be perfect!!

Count me as somebody who would be opposed to having Mitchell having any connection whatsoever to Arthur.

I don't think I like the idea of Jack being Arthur literally, but I like the thought of him being some kind of spiritual heir or champion.

Lokii
April 10th, 2006, 08:04 AM
Count me as somebody who would be opposed to having Mitchell having any connection whatsoever to Arthur.

I don't think I like the idea of Jack being Arthur literally, but I like the thought of him being some kind of spiritual heir or champion.

I agree. Since Jack has the ancient gene it anything is possible I suppose. I would not care for some one on the team have a direct relation to Arthur or Merlin. That would be weak in my opinion. The champion idea has merit.

Lida
April 10th, 2006, 08:14 AM
As the academic debate over the"real" Arthur has been raging for years, I sincerely doubt that either Jack or Mitchell is Arthur. He is most likely a conglomerate of Celtic warloads of the period. Very little dirsrct evidence points to one single Arthur. But who knows? in the world of Stargare, anything is possible.....;)

FoolishPleasure
April 10th, 2006, 08:25 AM
I think pulling the sword from the stone in Camelot was a trigger to signal "someone, somewhere" that a problem is brewing and "they" will come to investigate.

"They" just haven't arrived yet. ;)

Lokii
April 10th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I think pulling the sword from the stone in Camelot was a trigger to signal "someone, somewhere" that a problem is brewing and "they" will come to investigate.

"They" just haven't arrived yet. ;)

Hopefully they work that into the story sooner rather than later, such as the season finale.

ReganX
April 10th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I agree. Since Jack has the ancient gene it anything is possible I suppose. I would not care for some one on the team have a direct relation to Arthur or Merlin. That would be weak in my opinion. The champion idea has merit.

If they must have somebody from the SGC be connected to Arthur, I'd love it if it was someody unexpected like Walter. After all, Arthur himself was a humble squire until his heritage was revealed.

Plus if you go by the TH White story, he was known as Wart as a boy.

Wart... Walt.

Lokii
April 11th, 2006, 06:09 AM
If they must have somebody from the SGC be connected to Arthur, I'd love it if it was someody unexpected like Walter. After all, Arthur himself was a humble squire until his heritage was revealed.

Plus if you go by the TH White story, he was known as Wart as a boy.

Wart... Walt.

Very interesting thought. Both walter and arthur (wart) are similar in their situations. Hmmmmmm:cool:

Rodan5757
April 11th, 2006, 06:24 AM
I truly hope that TPTB stay away from making one of our beloved...or not-so-beloved...characters into Aurthur. Merlin was an actual ancient, wouldn't it stand to reason that Aurther is also an ascended being. Maybe he'll descend and date Carter for a bit, she hasn't caused anyone's death in a while, it'll be good for her to get back into the flow of things.

Oh oh oh, maybe Aurther is an Ori spy and the reason Merlin built an ancient killing device in the first place, hmmm, how 'bout them apples. Or maybe we'll actually be pleasantly surprised with the reemergence of a mythology based SG1...or not, one can hope anyway.

GhostPoet
April 11th, 2006, 10:57 AM
You people are way too obsessed with Jack :) He had his time...move on.

The Prophet
April 11th, 2006, 11:00 AM

He's had his time & he's now returned for a few guest appearances, speculations will run rampant, Just Try & Stop Them :D

GhostPoet
April 11th, 2006, 11:07 AM
He's had his time & he's now returned for a few guest appearances, speculations will run rampant, Just Try & Stop Them :D

hehe, i'm not even gonna try. Mainly cause i'm a lazy slob. :)

The Prophet
April 11th, 2006, 11:19 AM
hehe, i'm not even gonna try. Mainly cause i'm a lazy slob. :)

That's a requirement on Gateworld,

"Are you over 13, Agree to these terms & Conditions & are a Lazy Slob? Click Ok to proceed."

:rolleyes: :D

Lokii
April 12th, 2006, 04:54 AM
You see Jack has to come back or they cannot work the Sam/Jack love angle. If they don't do that the ReganX will go on a rampage and doom us all.

:jack_new_anime04: :samanime51:

Gal-in-Black
April 15th, 2006, 03:49 PM

exactly!!!!:vala: :cameron:

V-MAN
April 16th, 2006, 02:19 AM
Hmm, perhaps it's a Rugby league team. Im guessing the South Sydney Rabbitohs.

league sucks man

I'm hoping Arthur will be played by a well known British actor making a guest appearance.

Sean Bean lol :D

NV-969
April 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM
I belive arthur to be a renegade ascended ancient. Perhaps an ascended bieng that was tasked with the discovery of the holy grail by the other ascended ancients, created by arthur.

In Camelot, we were led to believe that Arthur and his knights would return once the sword has been pulled from the stone, which would ultimately activate the black knight. Any mortal wouldn't be able to defeat the knight sword on sword, but an enlightened bieng, or close to enlightenment. The only reason the knight was defeated is because Daniel went terminator on the control crystals, in a room the villagers weren't ment to discover. This is perhaps a test for the village, to see if they are close to enlightenment.

Arthur claimed he would return when the sword was pulled, im not disputing he would not return, but perhaps for a different reason that for what the villagers believe.

Thoughts?

NV

If i've broken any spoiler rules, my appologies.

Metonic
April 19th, 2006, 09:26 PM
spoilers

Arthur is not anyone. Arthur I believe would be the most advanced human, being why Merlin used him. Anyway, if it were to be a character it be Jack. or atleast hed be the representation of Arthur, as he is the most advanced human(as the Asgard have told us) also the downfall of Camelot was Guinever, the Downfall of jacks career would be Carter(because he'd be fired). so yeah, I see a connection. but, I doubt it. Maybe when they find the Bloodstone or holygrail, or in a movie.

Primus Commander Woden
April 21st, 2006, 12:33 AM
Jack as Arthur that would be a great twist, i think thats a great idea especially if it brings him back on the show more and more. however, if he isn't Arthur i still want him back but yes Sean Bean or Gandalf for Arthur after Jack hehehe

Spudster
April 21st, 2006, 12:44 AM
according to some...

Jack will not be making an appearance like he did in avalon, this will be a full guest appearence in the episode titled "200"lol spoilers in spoilers....

Redmen
April 21st, 2006, 07:25 AM
Jack=Arthur i dont see it, how could Jack be Arthur. Arthur was an acient but not ascended right?

Spudster
April 21st, 2006, 07:29 AM
merlin came back to earth from atlantis, ascended, then descended to create anti ori weapon

arthur is a person who probably DID NOT learn to ascend, but worked for merlin to try and find the sangraal (holy grail (anti or weapon apparently))

CobraGate
April 22nd, 2006, 07:45 PM
Didnt Daniel say that Arthur probly assended? So it couldnt be Jack.

Maybe Arthur & his knights are Furlings?

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 04:05 AM
not in a million milleniums are they furlings, they were humans, period.

FallenAngelII
April 23rd, 2006, 04:17 AM
Sam Carter is obviously Arthur. Also, if Daniel said Arthur probably ascended, be was guessing wildly based on Arthurian mythology. There was no (sound) basis for his guess.

Spudster
April 23rd, 2006, 05:27 AM
Arthur was male!!!!

in every movie i've seen arthur is male!

Happy_Gate
April 23rd, 2006, 05:35 AM
I don't think any of the SG-1 is Arthur. Arthur was born from immaculate conception. I'll bet anything Arthur is Adria's opposite.

AtlantisForever
April 23rd, 2006, 05:54 AM
could Arthur be a clone of merlin with ancient knolage n gene to help the MW defeate the Ori? and he was w8in for the stone tobe pulled out the stone in the Village of Camlot

Primus Commander Woden
April 24th, 2006, 02:42 AM
my guess is that Arthur was put in stassis somewhere by merling possibly with all the knowledge needed to destroy the ori, and once the Sword was pulled from the stone he was awakened and will return to camelot, which also got me thinking that Sword, do u think anyone could have pulled it out, it was just waiting for someone

a) brave enough to go down into merlin's chamber and awaken the knight which activates the sword
B) someone to pull the sword from the stone..

just a thought

Spudster
April 24th, 2006, 11:11 AM
could Arthur be a clone of merlin with ancient knolage n gene to help the MW defeate the Ori? and he was w8in for the stone tobe pulled out the stone in the Village of Camlot

the stone to be pulled out the stone...... ERR :indeed:!!!!!!!

Col.Foley
November 11th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Didnt Daniel say that Arthur probly assended? So it couldnt be Jack.

Maybe Arthur & his knights are Furlings?
Let me say sorry now. But every time I here about Furlings I imagine those cute fury things in two hundred. Them nights haha.

A_WRAITH_CALLED_BOB
November 12th, 2006, 01:33 PM
first of in the pegasus project mogan lefay states it was htousand of yrs ago or so in the time of merlin and arthur all this hapend rite........ but why is the sangraal known as the holy grail

i mean this basis has got to do with modern religion which began in the time of the romans and jesus.......
thas one bit did not like... and linkin the ori as the hell side to our religions of this world........................

i mean normally daniel rambles on and on about egyptians and past civilisations and the history of wot hapend then with what is going on with the episode but he dint talk much about the sangraal except say holy grail of sme sort.......

but back to the point of arthur
not much is known about his birth
i think he cud av been a clone or a genetically made up human/ancient mix
and prob was put in stasis as another fan suggested...

and also whos to say there is an arthur coming back.... history can turn into legend and in turn into myth.... maybe the sword in the stone acts as a test like the test in glastonbury to find the one who IS LIKE arthur

MiniHerc
November 12th, 2006, 02:13 PM
From what i understand... Daniel said before that Merlin probably helped King Arthur to ascend.

If thats true then i couldn't see arthur being in stasis. Perhaps he is still in the ascended state, but he's waiting for something to happen very soon. The pulling of the sword from the stone in camelot may have been a trigger to activate something somewhere...

OH OH! Maybe Merlin is in statis! Perhaps he designed the whole system of triggers and switches so that when the sword is pulled etc he would come out of statis in case something happened to the ascended arthur which would prevent him from returning and stuff.

I for one would like to see Arthur and Merlin return. We saw the guy who plays Merlin in season 1 of atlantis, playing Moros, who becomes merlin. He's appeared in movies and on shows lately and as for arthur... I would be a bit entertained to see arthur as being either daniel or mitchell... I don't see the ATA gene having anything to do with who arthur is because an actual ancient helped arthur to ascend (moros/merlin).

So IMHO, Arthur doesn't need to be ancient or the descendant of, but if he did that would be cool

Iguana775
November 13th, 2006, 12:42 PM

How long till people start calling for Jonas or Doc Frazier coming back as Arthur? LOL.

wise one
November 13th, 2006, 01:06 PM
i think walter is arthur hhahaha

i think the sword triggered something intergalactically or somewhere close but then daniel shot the control device and ended the transmission to comunicate with it or that defeating the night would tell us where the sangraal is like in avalon part 2 where mitchell defeat the night and treasures appear something like that but daneil killed the program so the thing i don't know about couldnt be completed

Ancient665
November 16th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Arther Is Going To Be...An Realitive Of Mitchell...

Peoples_General
November 17th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I found a pic of ARTHUR!!!

:eek: You will not believe who he is!

http://pbskids.org/arthur/friends/images/rollovers/arthur_home.gif

ablevins425
November 27th, 2006, 09:30 AM
spoilers

Thor.

ziga1980
November 29th, 2006, 05:52 AM
i understand that you all have your favourite character and you want to see her/him in as much action as possible. i do to. although we have to be reasonble. if arthur is ever going to appear and that is very unlikely its going to be someone new.

Capricorn_One
November 30th, 2006, 06:25 AM
mayby arthur is Morgon's and Merlins son !!! Maybe he was born as an ascended being, is tht possilbe ??? :D Imagine tht !

Arturis
December 3rd, 2006, 07:27 PM
I like the idea someone had awhile back of Valencia, the girl who pulled the sword from the stone in Camelot, being "Arthur" or at least the heir to the role of Arthur and the pposite of Adria.