PDA

View Full Version : Excalibur = a ship?

Peoples_General
April 5th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Does anyone think that Excalibur is an experimental Ancient super-warship? I get the feeling that it is....

Although it'll be a ripoff of Babylon 5's Excalibur starship... (which looks like a gigantic Jaffa Staff Weapon with 3 fins).

Hopefully, StarGate's version of the Excalibur Ancient super-warship will be better...
http://www.mateengreenway.com/b5/excalibur.jpg

freyr's mother
April 5th, 2006, 11:05 AM
No, its suppoesd to draw energy out of the region of space that ascended beings occupy.

Blitz
April 5th, 2006, 11:14 AM
Although it'll be a ripoff of Babylon 5's Excalibur starship... (which looks like a gigantic Jaffa Staff Weapon with 3 fins).

How will it b a ripoff? Just out of curiosity?

creed462
April 5th, 2006, 11:14 AM
I think it would be cool.
BTW the energy device it the holy grail
Excalabur could easly be an anchient ship, and watch Author be the captain.

NakedJehutyV2
April 5th, 2006, 01:15 PM
that's the new rumor

Thors_wisdom
April 5th, 2006, 02:15 PM
makes sense this power has to be dispersed somehow might as well be in a ship:daniel:

Eoin
April 5th, 2006, 02:23 PM
That would be awesome!

And it would give us a way to destroy the ori ships :D

Bragi
April 5th, 2006, 02:41 PM
I never noticed this before (mostly becaus I wasn't watching SG-1 at the time), but the bow of Excalibur looks like a Staff Weapon.

Eoin
April 5th, 2006, 02:43 PM
I never noticed this before (mostly becaus I wasn't watching SG-1 at the time), but the bow of Excalibur looks like a Staff Weapon.
ummm, yeah, read the first post again

Bragi
April 5th, 2006, 05:37 PM
I was stating the obvious.

Peoples_General
April 5th, 2006, 06:15 PM
No, its suppoesd to draw energy out of the region of space that ascended beings occupy.

No, thats not Excalibur. Thats the "Sangreal" or "Holy Grail" (San Greal), aka the "blood stone" according to Daniel as it also refers to stones or jewels. That was a weapon that Merlin hid somewhere. Read your Arthurian Myths about Arthur and his knights searching for the Holy Grail. Now Excalibur is Arthur's main weapon, his sword.

This could translate anywhere from an actualy sword or some other type of hand held device, or it can be a starship.

Peoples_General
April 5th, 2006, 06:20 PM
How will it b a ripoff? Just out of curiosity?

Strazinsky delved a little bit into Arthurian myth. The Victory Class Destroyer known as "Excalibur" was supposed to be the sword coming back in the hour of humanity's greatest need.

Now if you ever saw "Babylon 5: A Call to Arms" and the proceeding "Babylon 5: Crusade" spinoff, Earth had been hit with an artificial nano-tech virus where within 5 years, 10 billion people on Earth will all die. (the time setting was in the year 2265 & up)

Bragi
April 5th, 2006, 06:49 PM
This could translate anywhere from an actualy sword or some other type of hand held device, or it can be a starship.

Or a hot Russian girl?

Strazinsky delved a little bit into Arthurian myth. The Victory Class Destroyer known as "Excalibur" was supposed to be the sword coming back in the hour of humanity's greatest need.

Also, in one of the season two or three episodes (it was after Sheridan took over but before the secession, I think... I can't really remember), a Minbari War vet was walking around saying he was Arthur. Of course, he had a kind of space-madness/PTSD, but still.... it was a cool episode.

I think they decided that Kosh was the Merlin of their little group.

the fifth man
April 5th, 2006, 08:45 PM
I believe there is a very good possibility that Excalibur could end up being a ship of some sort. If it is, hopefully it can take out those Ori ships.

Merlin1701
April 6th, 2006, 01:22 AM
I have already posted this beforeā€¦a few times.

I have said that the Excalibur should be a ship built by Merlin with the express use of Ori killing.

The Welsh name for Excalibur was Caladvwlch, equating linguistically with Irish Caladbolg, the name of a sword borne by heroes in Irish legend, derived from calad (hard) and bolg (lightning).

Hard lighting sounds like energy weapons to me.

It should resemble the swords we keep seeing. Arthur could be part ancient trained by Merlin and given the Excalibur to fight on after he had passed. Merlin ascended and hid the vessel knowing to return when he was needed.

Stuey1221
April 6th, 2006, 01:39 AM
Yeah, a ship sounds good. That way it restores the two ship per series balance!

Odyessy - Merlins ship

Deadalus - Orion

Then theres 2 'crap' ships and 2 apparently so far, superior ships!

GhostPoet
April 6th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I think Excalibur is actually an extremely large collection of plastic swords....we all know that plastic doesn't disolve into the earth over time...so we are going to toss a whole bunch of plastic swords into their dimension and litter it. A lot.

the fifth man
April 6th, 2006, 11:09 AM
I think Excalibur is actually an extremely large collection of plastic swords....we all know that plastic doesn't disolve into the earth over time...so we are going to toss a whole bunch of plastic swords into their dimension and litter it. A lot.

And the Ori will never trouble us again.:)

AtlantisForever
April 7th, 2006, 01:22 PM
i wonder if the Holy Grial is like a key to the Ship what is hidden in the ori galaxy with thr weapon on it rdy to destroy the ori.. and they onli way to find the holy grail is to pull the sword from the stone so arthur will return with it..

may sound stupid but hey i love Sci-Fi and anything can happen :)

AtlantisForever
April 7th, 2006, 01:43 PM
Does anyone think that Excalibur is an experimental Ancient super-warship? I get the feeling that it is....

Hopefully, StarGate's version of the Excalibur Ancient super-warship will be better...
http://www.mateengreenway.com/b5/excalibur.jpg

btw that look's awsome

-PITBULL-
April 8th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I still think Excalibur will be a ship , the only thing is i dont think KING ARTHUR is still ALIVE , If you think of it King Arthur would have to be about 6 to 7 hundred years old . He could have Ascended by now . But i do think Merlin made him a ship and told him about the GRAIL and that SOMEONE took it from him ( COULD BE MORGAN ) to destroy it , but didnt and hid it from MERLIN and the rest of the Ancients . King Arthur went looking for it and told his people that when the SWORD was pulled from the stone he would return , THIS part could be some kind a call for the ship to tell it to come home .

The SHIPS makes its way to KING ARTHURS home world , when the SGC finds it in space , and sends SG-1 to go see what it is , they get a message from KING ARTHUR that the ship was built by MERLIN . The ship has powerful weapons that could help them out with there quest for the GRAIL . leading to them stoping the ORI for now , WOULD also explain DANIEL and VALA going to ATLANTIS in season 10 .