PDA

View Full Version : Would a Nox fight an Ori?

shw77
April 3rd, 2006, 10:45 PM
Would a Nox fight an asended being???

Neutschi
April 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
i don't think that the nox fight anyone

April 4th, 2006, 03:02 AM
No, they would just hide themselves.

Lord Zedd
April 4th, 2006, 04:05 AM
I don't know if the Nox would fight. I think they just would hide and avoid battles. Only if necessary than they'll fight.

Eoin
April 4th, 2006, 04:05 AM
No, they would just hide themselves.
Would they be able to hide from the Ori though?
I think that if it came to it the Nox would defend themselves against the Ori

Jarnin
April 4th, 2006, 04:18 AM
The ascended ancients have been "shielding" the Milky Way from the Ori since the plague. That's why the Ori didn't know about this galaxy until Daniel and Vala communicated with them in Avalon/Origin.

I don't think an ascended Ori would be allowed in the Milky Way; the ascended ancients would probably kick their butt if they tried to come here, sort of like a turf war, which is why the Ori are sending their Priors and followers; the ascended ancients won't mess with mortal affairs.

Adria, being the mortal equivalent of an Ori, will be allowed in the Milky Way by the ascended beings, because she's mortal. The shouldn't mess with her unless she tries to ascended and/or use her ascended powers

The Nox would probably be up for helping defend against the Priors and Ori followers, but they wouldn't participate in an offensive effort against them.

Metarock Sam
April 4th, 2006, 04:45 AM
2 points..
1 a Nox could nto fight an Orii since its an ascended being and an ascended being wouldnt be allowed in the MW without the permission of the ascended ancients.
2. The Nox are PACIFISTS they would not fight and if they did fight it would only be by using their enemies powers againast them. A bit like Aikido

Den Sethos
April 4th, 2006, 04:49 AM
Or using something like reflecting shields. Attack them and you will get the full force of your own attack back into your teeth. Not a pleasant way to go...

Eoin
April 4th, 2006, 04:55 AM
The ascended ancients have been "shielding" the Milky Way from the Ori since the plague. That's why the Ori didn't know about this galaxy until Daniel and Vala communicated with them in Avalon/Origin.

I don't think an ascended Ori would be allowed in the Milky Way; the ascended ancients would probably kick their butt if they tried to come here, sort of like a turf war, which is why the Ori are sending their Priors and followers; the ascended ancients won't mess with mortal affairs.

Adria, being the mortal equivalent of an Ori, will be allowed in the Milky Way by the ascended beings, because she's mortal. The shouldn't mess with her unless she tries to ascended and/or use her ascended powers

The Nox would probably be up for helping defend against the Priors and Ori followers, but they wouldn't participate in an offensive effort against them.
yeah, i know all that, sometimes instead of typing priors i type Ori, its just a little habbit i got from someone else :o

GateMan2000
April 4th, 2006, 05:33 AM
Again...As I said in 3 other Nox vs. Ori threads...TPTB won't write them in. Searching is key on forums! Try it :)

Ancient 1
April 5th, 2006, 03:34 AM
With that city in the air (orbit?) they can probably cloak the entire planet and just wait for the dust to settle.

Lonewolf
April 5th, 2006, 06:21 AM
They might help out passively like how they helped hide the ion cannon,

Hey I got a though…may be they are hiding Jake that’s why we don’t see him

Or even hiding Excalibur so we can use it later?

Valaslonglostsister
April 5th, 2006, 06:22 AM
even though they are powerful the nox are a very peaceful race and i really don't think that they would fight.

The Prophet
April 5th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Well, the Hippies were pacifists & look what they did... :S

If they had to, they'd probably help us with Medical care (Bring Back from Dead), Stealth tactics & their advanced knowledge, but I doubt they'd fight.

Plus, how could they? The Ori are on another plane of existance, it'd be like trying to punch steam!

creed462
April 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I can see what would happen if a pior came to the nox world.

Pior: I bring you enlightment
Nox: We have enlightenment
Pior: Then see the power of the Ori.
Nox: WHat power, you distroy we heal, your ways are not are ways
Nox disappear
Pior does not know what to do.

Bragi
April 5th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Only if they couldn't run, I'd bet.

The reason they didn't care about Apophis is because they knew the Goa'uld were no match for their defensive technology. I have a feeling, that if they were pressed into a corner, they'd fight.

April 6th, 2006, 03:34 AM
I think the Nox have a SIGNIFICANT ability to fight. I think they're all such extreme pacifists as a result of a racial trauma when they were earlier. Most likely at some point they got into a fight. Maybe someone was threatening and they launched an all-out assault back at them. The assault was so overwhelming that it just completely wiped out the entire race, they had just committed genocide. After that they determined never to fight again and laid their weapons aside. But somewhere, probably well hidden, those weapons or at least the plans for them still exist.

Now whether they'd ever break down and use them, even under the threat of annihilation is another question.

You also have to wonder, what would happen if the prior unleashed a plague upon the Nox. Would they be able to cure it?

Deevil
April 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
Will they fight? Nope
Would they stand in defence to protect someone and not lift a weapon? Yes
Would they die trying to protect someone? Yes
Would they actively hurt another? No
Will they assist someone in hurting another? No.

It's what they believe in, and they would rather die then give up their beliefs.

edain
April 6th, 2006, 08:15 AM
The Nox remind me of the french for some reason......

Chaos18
April 6th, 2006, 08:50 AM
i wonder why a prior has not visited a nox planet yet?

i know they have there stargate buried but still now as they have there ships in our home galaxy well now the ori can visit the nox.

knowles2
April 6th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Will they fight? Nope
Would they stand in defence to protect someone and not lift a weapon? Yes
Would they die trying to protect someone? Yes
Would they actively hurt another? No
Will they assist someone in hurting another? No.

It's what they believe in, and they would rather die then give up their beliefs.

Actually you are wronge thier because we have already seen the nox assist in hurting some one. They hid the tollan ion cannon from cronas sensors, which then enable teal'c to fire it and destroy his ship and thrush hurting a lot of jaff, after all getting blown does hurt.

Will they fight I have to believe that they would fight, as I do not believe they were always pacifist and also seeing your people and family getting killed can force any one to fight even if it against their nature. I also think it would make a good episode to see the nox and asguard join forces, after all we have been told of this great alliance we have not herd the asguard mention the ancients or the nox and let just leave the furlins alone.

Ancient 1
April 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
The Nox remind me of the french for some reason......
Because they are complete opposites? The Nox don't puff up their chests and babble on about how superior they are because they don't have to. The French, however, do have to pump themselves up in order to convince themselves they are still a relative power in today's world. :eek:

(I know what you are saying, I just wanted to put a differnt spin on it) :)

AdamRLeggett
April 6th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Even if the Ori did visit the nox planet - it's highly likely they would just be invisible until they left. Extraordinary circumstances led to SG1 / Apohis seeing them and I doubt they would make that mistake again. - I guess it's possible they could know about the Nox from when they were in Daniels head early in season 9.

Pharaoh Atem
April 6th, 2006, 08:54 PM
the nox's wouldn't hurt fly IMO i don't think that we are ever going to see them again

Deevil
April 6th, 2006, 08:59 PM
The thing is, even though Lya hide the ion cannon, she still did not have an active part in using it, she just hid it. And that's the thing, it's compartmentalising the act of violence and the threat of violence.

They will protect people, but they will never use anything in their arsonel to do so. You see, as was said in The Nox, they don't know that the people who follow the Ori don't want to follow the Ori.

Where as in Pretense Lya knew that the Goa'uld were planning to attack them, and thus used a passive means to protect the Tollan.

Scyld
April 7th, 2006, 02:24 AM
I think the Nox have a SIGNIFICANT ability to fight. I think they're all such extreme pacifists as a result of a racial trauma when they were earlier. Most likely at some point they got into a fight. Maybe someone was threatening and they launched an all-out assault back at them. The assault was so overwhelming that it just completely wiped out the entire race, they had just committed genocide. After that they determined never to fight again and laid their weapons aside. But somewhere, probably well hidden, those weapons or at least the plans for them still exist.

Now whether they'd ever break down and use them, even under the threat of annihilation is another question.

You also have to wonder, what would happen if the prior unleashed a plague upon the Nox. Would they be able to cure it?

See also that Origin is specifically targetted at *humans.* The Nox aren't.

April 7th, 2006, 04:21 AM
See also that Origin is specifically targetted at *humans.* The Nox aren't.

That too. But it doesn't mean that the Orii might not decide to off the Nox as a potential threat.

d10sfan
April 9th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Or using something like reflecting shields. Attack them and you will get the full force of your own attack back into your teeth. Not a pleasant way to go...
Im suprised that no race that theyve talked about in stargate had any shields like that. That would certaintly make it easier to win

the fifth man
April 9th, 2006, 07:35 PM
the nox's wouldn't hurt fly IMO i don't think that we are ever going to see them again

Yeah, we probably won't. That is, unless TPTB do something so drastic to them involving the Ori that they change their stance on non-violence.:)

Nefreyu
April 9th, 2006, 07:58 PM
This is what I don't understand. The Nox, we haven't seen them since season three for some reason or another. While I would love to see them again I don't think we ever will. I think the writers have long since forgotten about them and don't want to confuse newer viewers by bringing them back.

Harry the Hippo Gutterman
April 10th, 2006, 05:05 AM
The reason the nox left in season 3 is that they weren't expecting the show to continue this long. They were trying to kill off all the allies by season 6 sending the secret weapon (Carter aka the Black Widow of Stargate) for the feature film. I do believe that the Nox would actually fight the Orii. The reason being that the Orii aren't simple creatures like we are and the Orii SPECIFICALLY Try to poison peoples minds. That was the major problem the Nox had with SG-1 is they thought they were trying to poison their childrens minds with weapons and violence. These two qualities are prevelent in the Orii. I think that they would be forced to (however unwilling) join forces with The Asgard, Humans, Goa'uld, Lucian Alliance, and the Jaffa to protect their way of life.

jhkplaya888
April 10th, 2006, 11:15 AM
nox are probaly not acended...so proabley no

override367
April 11th, 2006, 01:19 AM
I have a feeling if the Nox contributed anything to the "War effort" it would be in the form of some kind of technology to disable the Ori vessels.

I do think that even if the priors commanding the ships were aware of the Nox, they wouldn't be ordered to attack them. Why attack a race with technology on par with the Ancients when you will get nothing out of it? Even a small effort like help with defensive tech or disabling Ori vessels probably wouldn't happen unless the Nox were threatened - and as someone said previously they are more likely to simply bury their heads in the sand and cloak their planet.

The Nox might possibly assist in some way if the Asgard were threatened, as they are official allies.

April 11th, 2006, 01:46 AM
WERE official allies. The current status of the alliance is unknown. Nor do we know the exact nature of it either. It may have been an alliance for cultural and scientific exchange more than military in nature.

I still don't think the Nox would fight. More likely they would refuse to fight and SG1 wouuld show up and save the day (with a little indirect help from the Nox).

FallenAngelII
April 11th, 2006, 01:51 AM
For one thing, the Nox wouldn't be able to fight an ascended being. For another, they might. Remember "The Nox"? That city had space ships and whatnot.

It looked ultra-advanced to me. I doubt they'd advance to that level and throw away all of their weapons. The Nox believe in every creature's right to an existance (as long as it doesn't violate another creature's free will and rights to live).

For this reason, they would fight the Ori (or at least try to cloak us all XD).

Spin
April 11th, 2006, 07:52 AM
i wonder why a prior has not visited a nox planet yet?

i know they have there stargate buried but still now as they have there ships in our home galaxy well now the ori can visit the nox.

the nox are hidden!!!

override367
April 11th, 2006, 12:56 PM
For one thing, the Nox wouldn't be able to fight an ascended being. For another, they might. Remember "The Nox"? That city had space ships and whatnot.

It looked ultra-advanced to me. I doubt they'd advance to that level and throw away all of their weapons. The Nox believe in every creature's right to an existance (as long as it doesn't violate another creature's free will and rights to live).

For this reason, they would fight the Ori (or at least try to cloak us all XD).

That's a good idea, figure out a way to cloak every planet that has a stargate, then the Ori give up and go home :confused:

mysternut
April 14th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Any of you know that all humans are not all alike, some are evil, some are good. Like Loki is villian asgard. There should be some evil Nox who will to fight for pleasure. Angry and killing people for harming the environment.

FallenAngelII
April 17th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Any of you know that all humans are not all alike, some are evil, some are good. Like Loki is villian asgard. There should be some evil Nox who will to fight for pleasure. Angry and killing people for harming the environment.

Loki wasn't a villain. He just had dubious morals. He tried to solve his race's cloning program by abducting people for a few days and replacing them with clones and then returning them.

No physical harm was done upon his victims nor was it intended. He just needed to study our physiology and experiment with cloning.

I'm not saying it was the right thing to do. I'm not saying it wasn't either. I'm just saying: He wasn't a villain.

Maf.e.u
April 17th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I believe the Nox would try not to fight but would defend them selves, I would think they would concentrate more on shields and invisibility.. but if they had to launch an offensive i think they would do it rather then let there race die.

TheCaptain
April 18th, 2006, 12:04 AM
I would be interested to know if the Nox will ever be revisited. It seems as though they fell away as a race/ally around season4/5.

It would stand to reason that they would be a very high priority for destruction for the Ori; one of the four Great Races that were a part of that alliance, one of two to known to have survived. Very old, very knowledgable, technologically and spiritually adept, immensely powerful in their own way.

I would be intrigued to know just how a crusader force of Ori followers would be able to handle themselves against the Nox, if the Nox would fight at all if there was little alternative than their death as a race etc. It would be interesting... I'm sure the Nox have fought before, long in their past, but over the aeons that has been entirely bled from their culture so they might not even if not doing so would mean their annihilation.

If I was an Ori leader or general, I'd be looking at isolating/destroying the Asgard and Nox presence in the 'invasion zone' - MWG - as soon as I could!

Capt

knowles2
April 22nd, 2006, 07:11 AM
Same here. Also if I was a ori general my first targets would be some of the older races that sg1 have met over the years , like the water alien that abducted doctor daniel jackson. the giant alien, who daniel jackson grandad is living with right now and then the aliens which could make our people disappear with a wave of a hand and also the foothold aliens, they seemed quite advance, and defferently the aschen would be amoung the first races that I would choose to wipe out because if they were to join force they could prontentially thraeten their conquest if they were all to unite togeather and along with the nox and the asguard and is a threat any general would not let hang around to long to deal with.even before dealing with the gould and the jaffa nation, as the ori force have already prove they can take care of these fairly easy and would not exactly keep me awake at night, if i was the ori leader.

NakedJehutyV2
April 22nd, 2006, 11:40 AM
the nox would own a prior

dragongt
April 23rd, 2006, 10:37 AM
The Nox are PACIFISTS they would not fight and if they did fight it would only be by using their enemies powers againast them. A bit like Aikido

I don't think we can say that for all Nox. We only met like five of them who live in the woods. The rest live in theirs flying city which suggested that they are probably not pacifists. Plus, I am sure that the Nox are not just on one planet. They probably have an entire galaxy of their own and only a few of them live on the one planet in our galaxy.

Primus Commander Woden
April 24th, 2006, 07:24 AM
the nox would own a proir but i think they just cant be bothered!!!

what interested me was clearly the Nox are like us aswell, physically they look human as did the ancients doesnt that mean the Nox can ascend?

howardjo
June 29th, 2007, 03:38 AM
Where the Nox not the weapon builders for four races of the alliance?

- Asguard Defence
- Acients Travel
- Furlongs (God knows)

JoNzA
June 29th, 2007, 04:08 AM
I have a really hard time bevling that the nox would build weapens at all.
maybye defence but no offensive

wise one
June 29th, 2007, 04:23 AM
im sure with their combined minds they can cloak a planet or even transport one!!!

JoNzA
June 29th, 2007, 04:25 AM
it would not surprise me

RepliHawk
July 1st, 2007, 07:30 PM
it would not surprise me

Me either

Ehecatl
July 2nd, 2007, 03:35 PM
There are Pacifists.