• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Torri Higginson - off-time activities

National Ledger
    4-3-06

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman...27264568.shtml

HAPPY TAILS TO YOU:

When not busy filming her hit Sci-Fi show 'Stargate: Atlantis," which is currently in production for its third season, star Torri Higginson tries to find time to do charity work with her rescue dog, who serves as a therapy pet. 'We go to Alzheimer's or old-age homes or abused kids' resource centers. It's something so simple, but the reaction that you get is extraordinary," she notes. 'I first got involved in volunteer work when I moved to Los Angeles because it's a hard city to move to. It's very lonely and isolated," claims Higginson. 'I felt pretty sad the first year I was here, and I started feeling a little sorry for myself. I thought, 'I need to get out of the house and remind myself that I'm lucky.' It made me feel good about myself. It got me out of my rut. So my impulse was extremely selfish, but I think it's important for everyone to give back. There's no difference in human beings. We all need the same things."

That's so incredibly sweet of her to do things like that. I'm especially thrilled to hear that it's something she does in pet therapy... the power that animals have to help people is amazing!
    "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
    My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

She is soooooo sweet

Bless her lil cotton socks

XX

Comment

OMG how down to Earth is Torri, she is a great person, so sweet
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Top notch by Torri to reach out and help others like that.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

Kudos to Torri and Sedge

I think it's lovely that she gives up her time to help others.
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
              Kudos to Torri and Sedge

I think it's lovely that she gives up her time to help others.
              Definitely nice I was out in LA once or twice (can't recall, all of So. California looks the same but hte desert between CA and Vegas is cool at 2 a.m.). Anyway, it's a very detached place. No car, no go anywhere.

Comment

She is a sweetheart. I've heard this article before, though...

Comment

Working...
                X