PDA

View Full Version : The Nox - Older and more powerful than the Ancients?

thenimf
April 3rd, 2006, 12:56 AM
I just saw the Nox episode again, from season 1... and a thought struck me.

We haven't been given any indication so far as to what the actual age of the Nox race is... There's also, at present, nothing to suggest that they aren't as advanced as the Ancients.

See, so far we've all assumed that Ascension is the ultimate goal... but what if it isn't? What if Ascension is just another step?

FallenAngelII
April 3rd, 2006, 01:34 AM
Oma specifically said that Ascension is just another step on the way or something like that.

It's entirely possible the Nox can now rival the Ancients before they died out. Or that they're more powerful. For one thing, they're live for hundreds upon hundreds of years and cannot be killed by anything other than old age (and who knows, maybe once they become too old to keep on living, they might autoamtically Ascend because they all know how to. Or they're reborn. Or they have the Fountain of Youth).

thomashortoncc
April 3rd, 2006, 05:03 AM
I think the Nox are an off shoot of the Alterans who chose a different path similar to how the Ori chose Religion and Alterans chose science, the nox could have chosen spirituality or mental development. Anyway they look far too like us to not be related in some manor, hell i think the Asgard are probably related millions of years ago

maybe their even ancients who chose to advance to the ultimate level prior to accension? they definately show the characteristics

Bacardi
April 3rd, 2006, 05:27 AM
in Threads, daniel asks oma if the people in the diner are ascended ancients, to which she replies yeah, some of them. now there were alot of people there, and anubis appeared human.. a fat human too. so i guess appearances can be deceiving in that plane. Quite possibly the Nox have advanced to a level where they can ascend, but simply choose not to. They're perfectly happy living in their own little peaceful bubble away from the turbulence of the galaxy.. But if they do die, then perhaps they do ascend and join their old allies.

Their floating city/cloak tech looks as advanced as the alterans', if not more so. the asgard have had 10000 years to advance to where they are today compared to when the ancients were around, so it stands to reason the Nox have continued to advance technologically and spiritually also. It seems wierd that four races in an alliance spanning millenia, should be on such different levels of technogy.

I really think that to combat the ori, the four great races will have to regroup, along with a probationary Earth as the Fifth Race.

Potential s10 final ep cliffhanger there?

GateMan2000
April 3rd, 2006, 05:51 AM
Who knows...The Nox were never revisted! Bad move on TPTB part.

The Prophet
April 3rd, 2006, 07:01 AM
Didn't the Alterans reseed virtually all humanoid life in the Milky Way. That being the case, they would have "created" the Knox & Asgard as they're humanoid (or, in the case of the Asgard, were humanoid). So would that mean that the Alterans are older than the Knox, as they created them?

Also, joining onto the Furling Mystery, "Are the Furlings Humanoid?"

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 3rd, 2006, 07:21 AM
Didn't the Alterans reseed virtually all humanoid life in the Milky Way. That being the case, they would have "created" the Knox & Asgard as they're humanoid (or, in the case of the Asgard, were humanoid). So would that mean that the Alterans are older than the Knox, as they created them?

Wrong about the Asgard because they came from Ida galaxy not the Milky Way.

And I would rather believe that the Nox and Asgard evolved on their own. While the Ancients were a powerful race it would seem really strange if they seem to have created almost everything in the universe.

The Prophet
April 3rd, 2006, 09:17 AM
I actually think the Alterans did create the Asgard. What are the chances a Humanoid race would evolve seperate from other humanoid races without the Alteran interferance of Panspermia?

I think the Alterans visited Ida, hence why there are Stargates there & the adress is in the Ancient Repository of Knowledge, they visited there, seeded humanoid life & planeted Gates.

Same with other Humanoid races, like the Knox, Tollan, etc. Also, It wasn't the Universe, it was a few Galaxies, a Galactic Cluster at most. ;)

FallenAngelII
April 3rd, 2006, 12:10 PM

The Asgards are not from our galaxy. And the Furlings are NOT humanoid. We know that much from "Paradise Lost" behind-the-scenes talks.

As for the poster below you: It's highly improbably the Ancients created the Asgard. For one thing, even the frozen one from millions of years ago wasn't THAT humanoid. And they said that "a long time ago, we were similar". Not "A long time ago, we looked like you".

The Prophet
April 3rd, 2006, 01:08 PM
The Asgards are not from our galaxy. And the Furlings are NOT humanoid. We know that much from "Paradise Lost" behind-the-scenes talks.

As for the poster below you: It's highly improbably the Ancients created the Asgard. For one thing, even the frozen one from millions of years ago wasn't THAT humanoid. And they said that "a long time ago, we were similar". Not "A long time ago, we looked like you".

Sorry, forgot that the Furling Skeleton was a subsitute.

The Poster Below me, is me, check the Username. How is it highly improbable? it's neither probable, nor improbable: they were slightly Humanoid, like the Unas. Who's to say that the Alterans didn't create them? Also, if they didn't create them, how are they're Gates in Ida? And how did the Ancient Repository know of them?

The Alterans probably made the repositories before they left for Pegasus & the Asgard most likley weren't around at the time or they would have been aware of the Ori & the Plague. But, with all the retconning going on, who's to say they didn't? This is confusing...:confused:

Edit- Wait, when was Heliopolis built? Before of After They Left for Pegasus? That could explain alot...

Bragi
April 3rd, 2006, 01:57 PM
I think the Nox are an off shoot of the Alterans who chose a different path similar to how the Ori chose Religion and Alterans chose science, the nox could have chosen spirituality or mental development. Anyway they look far too like us to not be related in some manor, hell i think the Asgard are probably related millions of years ago

maybe their even ancients who chose to advance to the ultimate level prior to accension? they definately show the characteristics

Well, the problem with that is the fact that the Nox were part of the Great Alliance, the other three races being the Furlings, Asgard and Ancients. That doesn't rule it out, but it does make it more difficult to rectify, especially considering how different their writing is.

thenimf
April 3rd, 2006, 04:12 PM
Oma specifically said that Ascension is just another step on the way or something like that.

It's entirely possible the Nox can now rival the Ancients before they died out.

Yup. Although what I'm saying is... what if the Nox are much older and more powerful than the Ancients? What if the Nox are everywhere? As in... go to any galaxy and find a Nox colony? As in... the Nox are just so ******* old and powerful but at the same time so pacifistic that they do nothing. Like in the great alliance the Nox representative just sorta rocked up... all the other races talked about technology and the Nox dude at the back of the room rolled himself a joint and laughed at them.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 3rd, 2006, 05:20 PM

The Poster Below me, is me, check the Username. How is it highly improbable? it's neither probable, nor improbable: they were slightly Humanoid, like the Unas. Who's to say that the Alterans didn't create them? Also, if they didn't create them, how are they're Gates in Ida? And how did the Ancient Repository know of them?

The Alterans probably made the repositories before they left for Pegasus & the Asgard most likley weren't around at the time or they would have been aware of the Ori & the Plague. But, with all the retconning going on, who's to say they didn't? This is confusing...:confused:

Edit- Wait, when was Heliopolis built? Before of After They Left for Pegasus? That could explain alot...

The Repositories could have been made post Pegasus also. And I always see it that the alliance was created post pegasus as well considering how old the Asgard were technologically when they found one of their ancestors in space. The stargate in Ida can easily be explained as a way for the Asgard or Ancients to visit eachother quickly and without using the vital resource that is a starship. No canon explanation of this mind you.

ThawkTH
April 3rd, 2006, 08:33 PM
I'm pretty sure the Asgard and Nox are different :)

I think we need to. Sure, at one point, the Ancients were the end-all be all uber powerful enlightened beings.

However, because of the progression of the story etc etc etc, they are simply too flawed and vulnerable now to be the demi-Gods we once saw.

Instead, they are simply a very advanced race that has had a HUGE impact on us and we are descended from.

The Nox have had millenia to advance, and I'm sure they've done so mentally, so that's their path.

The poor, poor Asgard. They've progressed technologically at great expense - dying race + replicators - homeworld = bad shape.

It would be interesting to see them both help take on the Ori, in their vastly different ways. What if the mental prowess of the Nox rivals that of priors? If they can, for instance, take away their powers. Perform other "miracles" for the masses to combat the Ori on a philosophical plane?

The Asgard's prowess was greatly diminished with the Replicators (they were also once an end-all be all uber powerful race) - but they shouldn't be counted out yet. It would be a grave mistake of TPTB to do such a thing.

Instead, show that we're on a slightly more level playing field than before, and we must all band together before the assault of the Ori.

Each race has amazing skills and strengths, as well as painful weaknesses. Imagine the episode where we begin to band together in solidarity as a Galaxy? Imagine if it was done right, just how amazing a sight it would see. From the moment of agreement to the defense and counterattack?

Though it may never happen, I can hope :)

TPTB will squander a rich history of incredibly writing and mythology if they ignore this oppurtunity.

the fifth man
April 3rd, 2006, 08:38 PM
I would love to find out more about the Nox. And, actually see them use some of their supposed power to aid us against the Ori. Our side needs all the help it can get right now.

thenimf
April 3rd, 2006, 08:53 PM
I would love to find out more about the Nox. And, actually see them use some of their supposed power to aid us against the Ori. Our side needs all the help it can get right now.

Supposed power?

I wanna see the Nox cloak the Milky Way they do their cities... like, one Nox dude cloaking us all in the battle field. It'd be the most hilarious way to end the O'ri thing... just hide us... until we're strong enought to one day beat the crap out of them.

the fifth man
April 3rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Supposed power?

I wanna see the Nox cloak the Milky Way they do their cities... like, one Nox dude cloaking us all in the battle field. It'd be the most hilarious way to end the O'ri thing... just hide us... until we're strong enought to one day beat the crap out of them.

Yeah, but it would only work if the Ori didn't have a way to still detect us, that is. Being Ascended beings, they may have that capability.

thenimf
April 3rd, 2006, 09:08 PM
Yeah, but it would only work if the Ori didn't have a way to still detect us, that is. Being Ascended beings, they may have that capability.

*nods*

Yup, but what I'm saying with this whole thread is that Ascension isn't necessarily the ultimate path for souls to take. The Nox could be just as, or more, powerful than Ascended beings.

FallenAngelII
April 3rd, 2006, 10:51 PM

The Dakara weapon killed all life in the galaxy and then re-seeding it. It's pretty safe to assume the Unas came about after this.

Heliospolis was made before the Ancients left because it was a meeting place for the great alliance. There wouldn't be an alliance after the Ancients lefts the Milk Way. Because of this, we can also determine that the Nox survived the Dakara weapon somehow.

Also, how many times do I and the writers have to say this: The Ori did not create the friggin' plague that killed off the Ancients!

Besides, the Ancients left the Ori galaxy before the Ori started ascending and becoming Ori. So mortal Ancients would have no way of knowing what the Hell an Ori is.

thomashortoncc
April 4th, 2006, 01:59 AM
The Dakara weapon killed all life in the galaxy and then re-seeding it. It's pretty safe to assume the Unas came about after this.

Heliospolis was made before the Ancients left because it was a meeting place for the great alliance. There wouldn't be an alliance after the Ancients lefts the Milk Way. Because of this, we can also determine that the Nox survived the Dakara weapon somehow.

Also, how many times do I and the writers have to say this: The Ori did not create the friggin' plague that killed off the Ancients!

Besides, the Ancients left the Ori galaxy before the Ori started ascending and becoming Ori. So mortal Ancients would have no way of knowing what the Hell an Ori is.

Ummm find me proof of everything you just said because watching the show i take it as being the exact opposite, the ori destroyed the alterans for not converting and the weapon on Dha'kara reseeded the milky way after this occured. the Nox at this time were genetically different so it didnt effect them as it did the alterans.l ALso u have to understand we have a time frame because we know how old the Asgard are. They were approx. 100 further on than our current development (excluding aquired tech) 30000 years ago. It would have taken literally thousands of years for the lantians to develop Pegasus which from my point of view it means the bulk of the alliance existed when the lantians returned from 8000 BC to 1000 AD ish.

o and who eva said that the asgard in the stasis chamber was millions of years old i think i cleared up it was 30000 years old which is actually incredibly staggering evolution to see them in ther present form but i believe that is obviously a result of genetic engineering and ther deteriating genetic condition

o i am only interpreting what i have seen to best tie everything together

aAnubiSs
April 4th, 2006, 02:30 AM
I'll say it again. The skeleton in Paradise Lost was NOT a Furling. In the planning stages of the episode there were supposed to be a furling skeleton, but they changed it!

ThawkTH
April 4th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Also, remember the device at Dakara seeded life. It could (and certainly probably was) have only seeded human life.

April 4th, 2006, 11:29 PM
No way are the Nox older than the ancients. Probably not even more advanced, at least not overall. They MIGHT be more advanced than the Asgard, but I doubt it.

Spiritually/mentally/psychically the Nox might be more advanced but not scientifically. The Asgard seem to have advanced a lot scientifically at the expense of spiritual development. The Nox are sort of the opposite, though they're still obviously quite advanced (unless their flying city is actually Ancient built, in which case they might not be as that's the ONLY evidence we've really seen of their technology, well that and them helping the Tollan build a stargate).

thenimf
April 4th, 2006, 11:56 PM
No way are the Nox older than the ancients. Probably not even more advanced, at least not overall.

You're just assuming that. See, at this point we have been given no indication to say that the Nox are less advanced, or not as old even, as the Ancients.

It stands perfectly to reason that the Nox may even have a massive mobile empire and that their Milky Way presence is only a small colony.

April 5th, 2006, 12:38 AM
While it's conceivably possible, I would say the possibilities are extremely remote. I think we'd be more likely to find out that the Nox are an offshoot of the Ancients (along with the Asgard and possibly Furlings) than that they're some ancient multiple galaxy spanning empire.

NakedJehutyV2
April 5th, 2006, 11:37 AM
any race with flying city ships are pure ownage.

if anyone can beat ori's toilet seats down it's the nox.

IcyNeko
April 5th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I actually think the Alterans did create the Asgard. What are the chances a Humanoid race would evolve seperate from other humanoid races without the Alteran interferance of Panspermia?

I think the Alterans visited Ida, hence why there are Stargates there & the adress is in the Ancient Repository of Knowledge, they visited there, seeded humanoid life & planeted Gates.

Can't use stargates as justification. What do you do when you meet a new friend? Oftentimes you exchange emails or cell phone numbers. Well, the stargate is a efficient means of travel. Given that they are in an alliance, the Ancients probably shared the gate schematics with the Asgard.

As for the gate on Othalla... the Asgard could have received that as a gift. :P

thenimf
April 5th, 2006, 03:09 PM
While it's conceivably possible, I would say the possibilities are extremely remote. I think we'd be more likely to find out that the Nox are an offshoot of the Ancients (along with the Asgard and possibly Furlings) than that they're some ancient multiple galaxy spanning empire.

I'd say that saying everyone was an offshoot of the Ancients is probably one of the worst things that the writers could do to the show. We've already got enough Ancient crap with Atlantis and the two great Ancient offshoots.... funnily enough they're both evil but hey, beggars can't be choosers.

ThawkTH
April 6th, 2006, 09:09 AM
Can't use stargates as justification. What do you do when you meet a new friend? Oftentimes you exchange emails or cell phone numbers. Well, the stargate is a efficient means of travel. Given that they are in an alliance, the Ancients probably shared the gate schematics with the Asgard.

As for the gate on Othalla... the Asgard could have received that as a gift. :P

That's very true :)

Also remember that the Tollan's second homeworld had no Stargate of it's own. We're told that the Nox helped them to build it.

Therefore we could guess that the great races were given Stargate tech. Or that the Nox were advanced enough to know how the thing works.

Having a gate says nothing about the Ancients. I'd be downright depressed if the Ancients in their current form (they've been progressively lowered in power, knowledge, skill, and common sense for years...they are no longer demigods) created all of the life we know in the Universe.

override367
April 11th, 2006, 01:12 PM
The nox appear to get their cloaking ability, and healing ability from themselves rather than technology. They get their power from technology (non-offensive technology, so probably not pew-pew lazers, more like shields and crap) and "mastery of the mind" as Lia put it.

I bet you a Nox (assuming this was a violent Nox, which there aren't but lets just pretend for a second) could beat the crap out of a Prior in an uber psychic pale-skinned person showdown.

Primus Commander Woden
April 24th, 2006, 07:47 AM
why havent they ascended!!!??

Primus Commander Woden
April 24th, 2006, 07:47 AM
and yes they woudl clearly own any prior that started lol

override367
April 24th, 2006, 11:02 AM
why havent they ascended!!!??

Perhaps they don't want to?

It has never been said that ascension is the ultimate state a being can attain. As a matter of fact it has been stated that ascension is merely the beginning of the journey, and we don't even know that the Nox *don't* ascend. Maybe they live long, full lives and then ascend when they die? Maybe they are immortal and don't really care about ascension? Maybe their strong connection to the natural world precludes ascension? Maybe they are more highly evolved than the ancients and are capable of that level of understanding without ascension (we have seen some pretty remarkable powers without the aid of technology)?

We simply don't know enough about them, I really wish they could be featured in some more episodes.

Scyld
April 24th, 2006, 11:16 AM

I would be annoyed if the Nox were actually an offshoot of the Ancients. There should be more races in the galaxy than just one, thank you very much.

Scyld
April 24th, 2006, 11:18 AM

The Asgard are from another galaxy.

Lost Charmed One
June 3rd, 2006, 03:39 AM
Perhaps they don't want to?

It has never been said that ascension is the ultimate state a being can attain. As a matter of fact it has been stated that ascension is merely the beginning of the journey, and we don't even know that the Nox *don't* ascend. Maybe they live long, full lives and then ascend when they die? Maybe they are immortal and don't really care about ascension? Maybe their strong connection to the natural world precludes ascension? Maybe they are more highly evolved than the ancients and are capable of that level of understanding without ascension (we have seen some pretty remarkable powers without the aid of technology)?

We simply don't know enough about them, I really wish they could be featured in some more episodes.

But if you remember what the holligram lady said in Atlantis Rising 1 "never have we encountered beings with powers that rieveld our own." I my own humble opinion, I think the Nox were second to the Ancients spritually and mentally, but the Asgard were closer scientifically. As for the Furlings, only time will tell when TPTB finally discloses how far advanced this missing race was, or maybe is?

Lost Charmed One
June 3rd, 2006, 05:06 AM
Furthermore, how can a Nox be as powerful as an Ascended being? I'm not downgradnig the powers the Nox have, and perhaps they have more than what's been seen, but I honestly doubt they rival being able to make lightening storms and such.

Even if the Nox were to, let's say make our ships invisible to combat the Ori, I'm pretty sure the Ori- being Ascended Beings and all- would be able to easily dected our presence. While it's true that being Ascended doesn't make one all-powerful, nor does it mean you know all the secrets of the universe, I think it's safe to say that it does make you much more powerful than simple lower beings on much lower plains of existance than you.

We humans consider ourselves the morst advanced and domiant speices in this world, yet there are thousands of animals and insects on Earth that can still do great harm to us. Therefore, we may not be all invincible on all levels to all life in this world, but we still are extremely powerful to other species we share the world with.

knowles2
June 3rd, 2006, 05:15 AM
Personelly I think she was just bosting or perhaps the alliance did not happen with the acients in pegasus, may be they were not the only anicents to abandon the galexy and that other ancients did return to the milkyway straight after the dakara device was use. It was these returning ancients which establish the great alliance with the nox, asguard and furling, this would explain the reason why she says that they never excounter being which rival them and also may this would explain the difference in technology.

Prior_of_the_Ori
June 3rd, 2006, 07:20 AM
I don't know, to me i always thought that the ancient alliance was formed when they returned to the MW galaxy though there is no....exact proof to say. Though there are indications....Asgard were too young before, Lanteans said that they never encountered a race like there own etc.

Aussie_86
June 3rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
Y'know, all u ppl that are saying 'nox/asgard are related to ancients cause they all look (or looked) kinda human' can be discredited with two simple facts:
The actors playing these characters are human, hence the race will look human
In special effects, if they created something that had 15 arms, 2 heads, 45 stomachs etc, we (the audience) wouldn't relate to them well. I think the creators of stargate had the 'roswell greys' in mind when creating the asgard anyway, which, appear human kinda (2 arms, 2 legs, 1 head, 2 eyes etc).

Aussie

naseuy
June 3rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
A Nox wouldn't need to create lightening. Power and abilities are only useful when there's a practical application of them.

Lost Charmed One
June 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM
A Nox wouldn't need to create lightening. Power and abilities are only useful when there's a practical application of them.

Why would the Ancients need a pratical use for making lightening storms? It's not that they need to but rather that they simply can. With ascenion comes a much better understanding of the universe and the way it works. So the Ancients don't have the kind of power they have due to pratical reasons but due to having an extended knowledge of the universe.

Nik'ver
June 4th, 2006, 02:23 AM
The nox, Furlings, Ancients and the Asguard are all different species from different places, probably they were living all in one galaxy ido, then the ancients left and came to the milkyway. although they all humanoid like they are totaly different in terms of spirit and technology. Ascension to the ancients was a way to prolongue their life or just the existance as we do not realy know what kind of life they have there. while nox live long without ascension and later they ascend if they want, but it could be some other plane of existence and not that of the ancients. My guess would be that all of the 4 races evolved aproximately at the same time and it took them some time to become mature races as they are now and form the alliance.

AlterianX
June 4th, 2006, 03:29 AM
no i dont think there older then the Ancient's. The Ancient's are million's of years old. and i dont think that the NOX are

Ace-Ventura
June 4th, 2006, 04:32 AM
no i dont think there older then the Ancient's. The Ancient's are million's of years old. and i dont think that the NOX are
and you say that because?
for me nox are quite cool (because they are quite the same as the Tollan people), and while they seem a primitive race, they are one of the most powerful ones.

Maf.e.u
June 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
I believe that the Nox may not rival the Ancients in technology but in mental powers possibly, From what we have seen so far i'd say that they are a pretty advanced race. I also agree that the planet they where on may of just been some sort of outpost setup along time ago setup which is still inhabitated.

The logical conclusion to the Asgard Stargate is that the Ancients put it there when they made first contact with each other so that they could travel between each others home worlds/explore much more efficently, My opinion on the four great races is that it wasnt setup over night. It is highly likely that one race made contact with each other and allied them selfs and then maybe a little while later they both made Allys with annother race who also had an Ally and thus the formation of a freindship and the foundation of "The Four Great Races"

My opinion on Accension is that even when you Asscend it doesnt make you all high and mighty, who is to say that even before the Ancients ascended that there isnt a race of aliens who instead of being corpreal are Ascended beings and that when the first Ancients ascended they where made aware of the rules of the realm.

@The Prophet: Theres nothing to say the Nox came from this galaxy.
@Lost Charmed One: The Asgard have had to advance scientificly further if they are not survive, either way there is no conclusive evidence to show that they dont do spirituality.

June 5th, 2006, 12:31 AM
Even if the Nox were to, let's say make our ships invisible to combat the Ori, I'm pretty sure the Ori- being Ascended Beings and all- would be able to easily dected our presence. While it's true that being Ascended doesn't make one all-powerful, nor does it mean you know all the secrets of the universe, I think it's safe to say that it does make you much more powerful than simple lower beings on much lower plains of existance than you.

Except that the Orii DON'T have enough power to defeat the ancients, which they would have to do to use their powers here directly. That's the whole point for this little war of theirs.

TomasNealy
November 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM
the hole question of when the alliance happened could be answered by looking at the time line on this site.

3-50 MILLION YEARS AGO

* The Ancients form an alliance with three other races in the galaxy including the Asgard, Nox and Furlings. They establish a meeting planet on Heliopolis as a form of galactic United Nations. ("The Torment of Tantalus")

* Proclarush Taonas is abandoned by the Ancients. ("The Pegasus Project")

* A terrible plague cripples the peoples of the Milky Way. ("Window of Opportunity," et al)

* The Ancients of P4X-639 engineer a time machine to go back before the plague to reverse it, but discover the flawed technology only goes backwards by 10 hours. They eventually deactivate the device and accept their fate. ("Window of Opportunity")

* The Ancients create a device on Dakara to repair the damage caused by the plague. ("Threads")

* The Ancients of Earth abandon their interests in the Milky Way and set course for the nearby Pegasus Galaxy in Atlantis. Ayiana, a carrier of the plague, is left behind. ("Rising")

* The Dakara device activates to relaunch the Milky Way's evolution process. (Conjecture in relation to other events)

* The Ancients arrive in the Pegasus Galaxy. As before, they create a network of Stargates and seed life on numerous planets. Atlantis makes its home on Lantea. ("Rising")

Source

http://www.gateworld.net/wiki/Timeline

Gala
November 24th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Yeah except that is basically wrong. It's already been said by the Asgard in The lost tribe that their history stretched back something like 20,000-100,000 years (cant remember the exact amount but will find out).

Not to mention the fact that in Revelations it was stated that that old asgard had got lost some 30,000 years ago. If they hadn't mastered inter-galactic travel 30,000 years ago then it's probably likely that they didn't form any alliance several millions years ago.

I've always thought personally that this alliance must have happened after the ancients returned to Earth after they lost their war. They were likely already in contact with the asgard at that point as the asgard 'illegally' residing in the Pegasus galaxy were well aware of the ancients.