This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protected Planets Treaty

Does anyone know if the Asgard will still protect the planets that they have adopted? Or do you think that they are incapable of protecting them.

Originally posted by Amanda Eros
    Does anyone know if the Asgard will still protect the planets that they have adopted? Or do you think that they are incapable of protecting them.
    The Protected Planets treaty was with the System Lords, who were killed or forced into hiding. The Asgard themselves lost a lot of their planets so I doubt either side is looking for a fight.
    This is an appeal by evil in distress, please click here to help Bastet defeat her enemies - Stargate online wargame

Comment

Well, the treaty was technically only for protection against the go'uld. That plus their civilisation rebuilding back home....I'm thinking they're not gonna be sending massive ships but scientist types like freyr to help instead.

Comment

Who says that the Goa'uld actually have enough ships to attack any of the protected planets anyway?

And they would probably be licking their wounds rather than go out with a few motherships for a fight with the asgard, if they even have that many.

The main races in the galaxy that have goauld ships realy are the Lucian Alliance, Free Jaffa and maybe baal if he got away and got himself a new ship.....
        O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
        Baal: Impudence
        O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

Well, I meant that since they had put a lot of effort in protecting these planets from the Gou'ald, are they going to protect them from the Orii as well? There are 26/7 planets that they had in this treaty, do you think they will try to protect them from the Orii if they don't want to worship them, or do you think they will just let them get destroyed when the Orii come a calling?

Sorry about the missunderstanding.

Comment

While they might want to protect them, and there's no guarentee even of that, they just don't currently have the resources to do so.
            Tired of sharing your life with a creature that has the mind of a snake and wishes to enslave you and your people? Wish you could just once live symbiote free? Wonder why you can't enjoy long walks on the beach and religion free war?

Then TRITONEN! may be right for you!*

*Side effects may include loss of sleep, dry, itchy pouch, severe loneliness, and possible torture at the hands of a System Lord. In rare cases, Tritonen can lead to death. Consult with your First Prime before using.

Comment

IMO, there is no Protected Planets Treaty anymore. The Goa'uld have fallen, and besides, the Asgard are in no shape currently to help out anyone too much.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it's no longer good nor necessary

Comment

Anyway, even if the Asgard had the ships to keep the treaty going, it still wouldn't make a difference.

Those of us who saw Camelot saw how useless even asgard weapons were against the Ori ships...And their shields didn't withstand the ori weapons for long anyway...Otherwise the Korolev wouldn't have been destroyed...

In conclusion, i doubt the asgard have the capacity to defend the protected planets.
                  O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
                  Baal: Impudence
                  O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

Originally posted by Da Vikster the Ori
                    Anyway, even if the Asgard had the ships to keep the treaty going, it still wouldn't make a difference.

Those of us who saw Camelot saw how useless even asgard weapons were against the Ori ships...And their shields didn't withstand the ori weapons for long anyway...Otherwise the Korolev wouldn't have been destroyed...

In conclusion, i doubt the asgard have the capacity to defend the protected planets.
                    Agreed! Nice post.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Da Vikster the Ori
                      OTOH, the earth ships likely have less advanced versions of the Asgard shields, and I don't think the Asgard ship present at that battle was actually a warship. In any case, once they've put their thinking caps on it shouldn't take them long to figure something out. The only reason the replicators nearly over ran them was their inability to think up good military strategies.

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
                      My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Originally posted by Coutelier
                        OTOH, the earth ships likely have less advanced versions of the Asgard shields, and I don't think the Asgard ship present at that battle was actually a warship. In any case, once they've put their thinking caps on it shouldn't take them long to figure something out. The only reason the replicators nearly over ran them was their inability to think up good military strategies.

Your right our sheilds and hyperdrives use a less powerfull power source than the ones on Asgard ships do. Thats why it takes Deddy 18 days to go to Atlantis from Earth when Asgard ships can go galaxy to galaxy in seconds.
                        Last edited by Major_Griff; 02 April 2006, 04:28 PM.

Perfecto!

Comment

plus you strap in a ZPM into one of our ships , i think are shields would be a lot better.
                          LETS GO PEN'S

Comment

Not to mention the treaty was a giant bluff.

Comment

Working...
                            X