PDA

View Full Version : Weapon on Dakara - Massive Spoiler

McSwift
April 1st, 2006, 04:12 AM
With the Ori being in the MW galaxy, the Jaffa seems to be going after some massive weapons to go against the ori.

check this post out:
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/04/stillmorecounterstrikespoi.shtml

New weapon on Dakara, could it be the same weapon that was used to wipe out the replicators, or some sort of weapon similar to the disruptor technology?

aAnubiSs
April 1st, 2006, 04:17 AM
I'm not sure.
Why would the Ancients put two superweapons on the same planet? Wouldn't this weapon need to be very close to the Stargate?

However:
How is it that a weapon can kill Humans and not Jaffa, I mean they are ALMOST the same. Jaffa are genecticly altered humans. The spoilers says they targetted a human-populated world, but what about Dakara? Are they suddenly able to direct the Dakara weapon to just go through the Gate, or are they able to differentiate between human molecules and Jaffa molecules. I'm pretty sure both are mostly water:D

McSwift
April 1st, 2006, 04:26 AM
Thats true.

I'm not really sure actually, the ancients did leave alot of nice tech hidden around in the MW, it could have been moved there to Dakara, since the Dakara is the capital planet of the MW galaxy for the Jaffa.

From those spoilers on the gateworld site, I seriously doubt that ship came from orbit, because in the spoiler, they said that the Odyssey was in orbit watching over SG1, but they also said that SG1 was in the crowd. Another part of the spoiler said that Mitchell and Teal'c was aboard an Ori ship while Daniel and Vala was captured by Adria.

The only possible way I can see them wiping out their followers is by shooting some sort of weapon through the gate. Maybe it can be some sort of weapon that we saw in 6x01/02, you know the weapon used to destroy stargates?

Maybe the followers were near the gate and the gate blew up killing everyone?

The Ancients are a smart bunch, they wouldn't be using missiles, or probably not use drone weapons (for this magnitude of destruction).

What do you think it could be?

Happy_Gate
April 1st, 2006, 05:01 AM
I feel that even though the Jaffa council said they destroyed the Dakara weapon, they kept it hidden instead so that they might use it one day.
The part about Landry's disagreement was that they tested it on a human populated world rather than a jaffa populated world. I'm sure it would have destroyed Jaffa as well.

The Prophet
April 1st, 2006, 05:13 AM
From what I saw from the spoilers, I assumed it was the Dakara weapon, just directed into a beam, rather than into a "blast-wave" thing. The Alterans were a smart bunch & the Dakara weapon probably can be programmed to do anything destrucive or constrcutive. Such as:

-Destroy Everything in it's radius (the Milky way)
-Destroy only certain things in it's radius (the Milky way)
-Destroy Everthing in "that" direction.
-Destroy only certain things in "that" direction.
-Reseed certain (the life that you told it to reseed, such as the Alterans told it to reseed human life) life in it's radius (the Milkyway)

There are probably many more things like that it can do, but we've not figured out how or what or why yet.

McSwift
April 1st, 2006, 06:07 AM
From what I saw from the spoilers, I assumed it was the Dakara weapon, just directed into a beam, rather than into a "blast-wave" thing. The Alterans were a smart bunch & the Dakara weapon probably can be programmed to do anything destrucive or constrcutive. Such as:

-Destroy Everything in it's radius (the Milky way)
-Destroy only certain things in it's radius (the Milky way)
-Destroy Everthing in "that" direction.
-Destroy only certain things in "that" direction.
-Reseed certain (the life that you told it to reseed, such as the Alterans told it to reseed human life) life in it's radius (the Milkyway)

There are probably many more things like that it can do, but we've not figured out how or what or why yet.

Thats a very good point. Even with Anubis out of the way at the end of season 8, i'm sure that the Jaffa thought that any other army from other goa'ulds they can repel. The only reason why they couldn't take out the Anubis army was because Anubis was WAY WAY more powerful than the other goa'ulds.

It could be that if
A) They destroyed the weapon, they took the designs of it and made something similar to the original (This contridicts the "Ancient" weapon that was said in the spoiler.)

B) They kept the weapon, and as you said, they learned more from it.

This should be interesting.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 1st, 2006, 06:14 AM
Indeed sounds quite interesting.

It makes mention of the fact that the Jaffa is using a weapon that was expressly said not to be used with their agreement with Earth. Now the only agreement that was ever made between the Jaffa Nation and Earth is the Dakaran super weapon. Or as you said that they managed to learn enough about it to make a 'smaller' version'.

Its possible that the majority of the Jaffa decided to destroy it but a minority saved the weapon. But one thing is for certain though is if the Ori arnt attacking Dakara, they will certainly do so after this Jaffa attack.

McSwift
April 1st, 2006, 06:19 AM
Indeed sounds quite interesting.

It makes mention of the fact that the Jaffa is using a weapon that was expressly said not to be used with their agreement with Earth. Now the only agreement that was ever made between the Jaffa Nation and Earth is the Dakaran super weapon. Or as you said that they managed to learn enough about it to make a 'smaller' version'.

Its possible that the majority of the Jaffa decided to destroy it but a minority saved the weapon. But one thing is for certain though is if the Ori arnt attacking Dakara, they will certainly do so after this Jaffa attack.

This could eventually split the whole "Free Jaffa Nation" into 2 parts. I'm not sure who is the new leader, it could be Bra'tac. But i'm sure that if he was the leader, he would have informed Earth and let them know what was going on.

But lets speculate that its not the super weapon found on Dakara, it could be something else entirely? Maybe the Gate Destroyer that we encountered? is that possible?

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 1st, 2006, 06:27 AM
This could eventually split the whole "Free Jaffa Nation" into 2 parts. I'm not sure who is the new leader, it could be Bra'tac. But i'm sure that if he was the leader, he would have informed Earth and let them know what was going on.

But lets speculate that its not the super weapon found on Dakara, it could be something else entirely? Maybe the Gate Destroyer that we encountered? is that possible?

I think from the spoilers that its related to the Dakaran weapon because of the reference to Dakara and the 'Agreement' not to use such a weapon unless thats stated in the episode.

Its possible its the Gate Destroyer since no mention is made of the planets status. Remember that its said that all the villagers are killed. So unless they are all clustered in one location it might be difficult for the Gate Destroyer to wipe out the population of a planet though it is possible.

As for the Jaffa camps....i think the Jaffa havent really united since the defeat of the Goa'uld. If anything I would say they are even more fractured then any other race including the Goa'uld. So I always saw many 'camps' within the Jaffa ranks. The militaristic who want to have what the Goa'uld had, the peaceful ones who want democracy, the Goa'uld Worshippers who want their old masters back and the Ori Believers who want to worship the Ori. So not surprising there though I hope they do address whats the status of the Jaffas attempt at Democracy as it might mean Bra'tac might not necessarily be the leader. Not that it really matters as during an invasion the last thing people are worried about which 'political party' gets the votes ;)

Eoin
April 1st, 2006, 06:59 AM
A new weapon on dakara, that sounds pretty cool.... Hopefully its some sort WAD (weapon of astronomical destruction :D)

Hmmm, maybe a way to destroy the ori ships?

keppiezbt
April 1st, 2006, 10:00 AM
im willing to bet its the same old weapon on dakara and simply the jaffa just didnt destory it.

Lady Bastet
April 1st, 2006, 10:03 AM
Personally I think its the same over the top super weapon because lets face it the Deus Ex ending to Reckoning was the worst part of some fantastic episodes.

NakedJehutyV2
April 1st, 2006, 07:43 PM
looks like they didn't destroy it afterall

NakedJehutyV2
April 1st, 2006, 07:44 PM
I'm not sure.
Why would the Ancients put two superweapons on the same planet? Wouldn't this weapon need to be very close to the Stargate?

However:
How is it that a weapon can kill Humans and not Jaffa, I mean they are ALMOST the same. Jaffa are genecticly altered humans. The spoilers says they targetted a human-populated world, but what about Dakara? Are they suddenly able to direct the Dakara weapon to just go through the Gate, or are they able to differentiate between human molecules and Jaffa molecules. I'm pretty sure both are mostly water:D

they're different enough to not be affected.

aren't monkeys (or whatever) 99.7% or something the same as us? same to jaffa

the fifth man
April 1st, 2006, 10:40 PM
looks like they didn't destroy it afterall

That sure seems to be the case to me. Those damn tricky Jaffa.:)

2ndgenerationalteran
April 2nd, 2006, 12:02 AM
i think its the same weapon, some how the jaffa moved it for inspection. (assuming we did inspect, kinda irrestponsible if we didnt) maybe its made like thors hammer and doesnt infect those with naquadah in their sysetm, kinda like the achen weapon.

aAnubiSs
April 2nd, 2006, 12:12 AM
they're different enough to not be affected.

aren't monkeys (or whatever) 99.7% or something the same as us? same to jaffa
Yes, hence the comment from Jacob/Selmak "wash the surface clean". It was possible to tune it to disrupt replicators. However, humans and Jaffa are both made up mostly of water, muscles and certain chemicals are probably in both, since the Jaffa ARE altered humans. These chemicals are, probably, in most cases 100% identical in both humans and Jaffa.

EDIT: Even if it is possible to kill humans and not Jaffa I very much doubt the Jaffa would be capable of making the changes. They aren't that good reading Ancient, and fixing technology.

thomashortoncc
April 2nd, 2006, 05:46 AM
I dislike plot lines like this - over the last 5 seasons the show has got more repeatative in general - ie new weapon, sg-1 must find it to destroy enemy. they keep getting better and better as well. I would much prefer it to be the Dakara super weapon it would make soo much more sense and also add depth to the story (ie jaffa splits and growing divide between earth and jaffa even further) I just wish the writers would think of something else than "you know lets make the team go find an even better weapon to kick *insert enemy here* ass!"

wolverine_nl
April 2nd, 2006, 08:27 AM
I dislike plot lines like this - over the last 5 seasons the show has got more repeatative in general - ie new weapon, sg-1 must find it to destroy enemy. they keep getting better and better as well. I would much prefer it to be the Dakara super weapon it would make soo much more sense and also add depth to the story (ie jaffa splits and growing divide between earth and jaffa even further) I just wish the writers would think of something else than "you know lets make the team go find an even better weapon to kick *insert enemy here* ass!"
Well we'll just have to wait and see which weapon it is exactly, and it will surely make the Jaffa storyline allot more diverse than before, that's almost for sure, so THIS plot line isn't like before i think. :mckay:

the fifth man
April 2nd, 2006, 01:42 PM
Well we'll just have to wait and see which weapon it is exactly, and it will surely make the Jaffa storyline allot more diverse than before, that's almost for sure, so THIS plot line isn't like before i think. :mckay:

I totally agree. If it is the same weapon, boy are they going to have to answer a lot of questions from us. Either way though, it should at least be interesting.

2ndgenerationalteran
April 2nd, 2006, 05:30 PM
hey orlins weapon he made, in the first ep we saw him for the ppl of the planet he was watching, that would have been great if we could have kept it, might be able to take out the ori ship because it was of alteran post ascension design

FallenAngelII
April 3rd, 2006, 01:50 AM
I'm not sure.

However:

Yes, as I theorize, this is either a 2nd weapon or a reverse-engienered one from the original weapon. For one thing, it can now be aimed. For another, it longer targets entire solar systems or the entire galaxy but specific planets.

I doubt Se'tak and his stupid Jaffa are smart enough to figure out how to sue the weapon in a way the Ancients didn't program it for.

Also, I assume Bra'tac and Teal'c were present themselves to see the Dakara weapon being destroyed.

McSwift
April 3rd, 2006, 11:55 AM

I agree with you. Theres gotta be something new. Like I hope that they do make the Ori something that is SUPER SUPER destructive that it will take allies from all sides, Human, Goa'uld, Tok'ra, Jaffa, etc.... to team up against this foe.

Like seriously, when Star Trek DS9 had a few seasons about the war with the Dominion, it was great because its space battles continously. BUT!

Stargate isn't about space battles, its more about going through the gate. Maybe with Supergate and more study of Ori engine propulsion, it may be possible to see more MASSIVE ground battles involving large ships like 304, Hataks, Alkesh on ground fighting with the Ori.

Would be a nice change too.

2ndgenerationalteran
April 6th, 2006, 02:39 AM
could be like the aschen weapon

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 6th, 2006, 06:52 AM
could be like the aschen weapon

The aschen weapon was a bioweapon while this one seems to be an energy wave though the result is almost the same in that biological life seems to be terminated.

knowles2
April 6th, 2006, 09:18 AM
May be it the biological weapon we use in scourge. It was said that the agent would destroy all life on the planet or somthing like that. Perhaps earth and jaffa nation have been developing a plan b if they cannot defeat the ori forces they then destroy their followers until the ori stop their assult on our galexy and in case earth if destroy by the ori we been sending the missiles and the agent off world to be place on jaffa bases ready for deployment but only with the agreedment of earth and jaff but the jaffa goes and break the agreement. The only race i think that would be capable of adapting the dakara weapon into a energy beam type weapon is the asguard. So may instead of destroying the weapon they desmantle it and then with the help od the asguard and earth rebuilt it into some type of energy beam weapon. Which should of only bean use the weapon with the permisson of all three races. Also the asguard could develop some means of shielding jaffa from the effects of the weapon.

McSwift
April 6th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Its an Ancient weapon.

Ancients use CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYY cool weapons. They're not going to be using bioweapons.
Oh, and STOP, STOP using the Ashen. Theres a family across the street that look and act completely like the Aschen.

Not to mention when the little kid skateboards on the street, he looks like he has a stick up his ass like the Ashen does, and talks like them... in a monotone voice.