This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slither- deja vu?

Ya know, I've been reading up on the new movie Slither and seeing the commercials and whatnot and all I can think is, "Am I the only one who's seen Night of the Creeps??" Granted, it was a craptastic Z-level horror movie, but here's the premise:

A load of alien slugs crash-land on Earth and start jumping in peoples' mouths, burrowing into their brains and turning them into killer zombies. There's an undead prom and everything. There's also some kind of private eye dude who's working to figure out what happened and try to stop the attack. And some obligatory hottie chick, too.

Sound familiar?

Just wondered if I was the only one who'd noticed the similarities.

Of course, Slither has two things going for it: it's in lurid color and it has Nathan Fillion.

i vaguely remember that movie. it must be 10-15 years old. It used to come on late night cable when i was a kid. the guys best friend was parapalegic and he slipped and fell in the bathroom and the worms got him. that movie must be at 10-15 years old.
    Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

For some reason while reading shadow's post I felt like watching The Puppet Masters with Donald Sutherland again

Comment

Originally posted by Kirath
        i vaguely remember that movie. it must be 10-15 years old. It used to come on late night cable when i was a kid. the guys best friend was parapalegic and he slipped and fell in the bathroom and the worms got him. that movie must be at 10-15 years old.
        It's at LEAST that old. The only reason I remember it at all is 'cause I was out in the woods one day with some friends and something came slithering through the leaves at me and I actually yelled and jumped up on a tree stump. LOL! As cheesy and stupid as that movie was, it obviously stuck in my head. I saw it again a few years ago and boy oh boy, it was even dumber than I remembered.

From the look of things, Slither isn't gonna be much better. Unless you're a Fillion fan.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
          From the look of things, Slither isn't gonna be much better. Unless you're a Fillion fan.
          I try and look at it this way for him - at least it was a paycheck.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

While I don't know the film you referenced Shadow, I think Slither is a conglomeration of B sci-fi movies, and from what I've read, it is firmly aware of that and has fun with it.

But as much as I adore Nathon Fillion, a part of me shudders everytime I hear "somethin's wrong with me" in the trailer, so I think I'll have to let this one pass.
            And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
            Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
            Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
            Daniel: Oh! You see?
            Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

I'm kinda meh on those sorts of movies anyway. And Fillion isn't one of my thunkables. I just saw the trailer somewhere and went, "Hey, I've seen that movie!"

Comment

It was funny, and it had a few sceens that were simulars to Night of the Creeps, but they had a lot nodds to may of the all b films.
                Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

Working...
                X