Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What series will premiere with the Gates on SciFi Friday?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What series will premiere with the Gates on SciFi Friday?

A while back, the SciFi Channel announced that the third season of BSG would premiere in October, leaving fans to speculate what series would air on SciFi Friday with the Stargates.

I thought it might be their new series, "Eureka," but The Futon Critic has information that "Eureka" will air on Monday!

From The Futon Critic:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=7124

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

EUREKA (Sci Fi) - Sales materials released by the network have confirmed the series will launch on Monday, July 17 at 9:00/8:00c with its two-hour pilot. Episodes will then air Mondays at 9:00/8:00c, marking the first time one of Sci Fi's scripted dramas has aired outside its "Sci Friday" block since its short-lived "Monday Prime" lineup in 2001.

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Good! It's nice to see Skiffy trying to make good on another night with original programming. I'm glad they are putting money into more than just the three shows, and not trying to do the SCI FI Friday juggling act they did for so many years before they had three winners on Friday nights. Remember Tremors: The Series? Code Name: Eternity? Lexx? The list goes on and on ...
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Anyone know if Eureka will be airing in Canada?

Comment

Im thinking you will be getting S2/28 of Doctor Who, with the series has been put back by 14 weeks (I think) meaning you could either show "The Christmas Invasion" and S2, or just S2 and have a catchup week of Battlestar before S3 starts. Just a thought.
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by PtahTheCreationGod
          Im thinking you will be getting S2/28 of Doctor Who, with the series has been put back by 14 weeks (I think) meaning you could either show "The Christmas Invasion" and S2, or just S2 and have a catchup week of Battlestar before S3 starts. Just a thought.
          I could easily deal with season 2 of DR WHO, and not EUREKA. DR WHO's been a hoot!

Comment

Whatever airs with SG-1 and SGA, I just hope it's worth staying tuned in for.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Dr. Who would be good

oh yes lets also rememvber when it was Farscape, SG1, SGA on fir nite prime.... that was a great line up
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                Good! It's nice to see Skiffy trying to make good on another night with original programming. I'm glad they are putting money into more than just the three shows, and not trying to do the SCI FI Friday juggling act they did for so many years before they had three winners on Friday nights.
                This isn't the first time they tried it. In January 2001, they moved Lexx, First Wave, and Invisible Man to Mondays in attempt to establish a beachhead on Monday. Friday had Farscape share the night with a wretched show called "Black Scorpion" and a Canadian import "Secret Adventures of Jules Verne".

The results of the experiment are obvious. Later in the Summer of 2001, they tried Saturday as the alternative night--tried "First Wave", "The Chronicle", and "Outer Limits" there, while Friday was "Invisible Man", "Farscape", and "Lexx".

Comment

Originally posted by MediaSavant
                  This isn't the first time they tried it. In January 2001, they moved Lexx, First Wave, and Invisible Man to Mondays in attempt to establish a beachhead on Monday. Friday had Farscape share the night with a wretched show called "Black Scorpion" and a Canadian import "Secret Adventures of Jules Verne".

The results of the experiment are obvious. Later in the Summer of 2001, they tried Saturday as the alternative night--tried "First Wave", "The Chronicle", and "Outer Limits" there, while Friday was "Invisible Man", "Farscape", and "Lexx".
                  Lexx was very strange.... First Wave was sorta dull, and Invisible Man (which was on 8pm as I recall) was good until the morons decide they HAD to add a sexy woman to the mix. Uh, please, let's forget all about Black Scorpion (defintiely designed to appeal to the desired demographic) ....

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                    Lexx was very strange.... .
                    Boy is that an understatement.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by CKO
                      oh yes lets also rememvber when it was Farscape, SG1, SGA on fir nite prime.... that was a great line up
                      That line up never existed.
                      Rocky

Comment

They could just go back to the 8 and 9 o'clock time slots and put some other rerun show up till they start.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik Pasternak
                          That line up never existed.

I think we could start a HUGE list of people who wish it did these days.

I am one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by prion
                            Black Scorpion (defintiely designed to appeal to the desired demographic) ....
                            Yes....older men.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz

I think we could start a HUGE list of people who wish it did these days.

I am one of them.
                              I'd go for that.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X