This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Baal as a hero?

I think I read somewhere that Baal was beginning to like or appreciate humans. It seems to me that the writers are only keeping him around in order to keep a Gaoul. What I'd love to happen is that Baal uses his considerable techonology against the Ori. Maybe he gets killed saving Earth, SG-1, etc. That would mean that we'd see even the good come out of the evil Baal. It would certainly be a shocker and a great season ending, helping SG-1 further its means against the Ori, but having his character die in the process.

E

He's far too routed in his own agenda.
    I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

I agree - his own agenda is important for him, but if there is no Earth, there is no other agenda...

Comment

Sure there is, there's a big honking galaxy full of planets for him to be all "agenda-y" on.

It's just that if Earth's destroyed, then there's no show, so ain't gonna happen.
        I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

How about we discover the next magic plot device! Some Furling weapon that can detect and destroy all clones of a certain person given a sample of said person's DNA. That way we can get rid of the damned clones and have Lord Ba'al become more interesting again! (Not that I didn't like his S9 appearences, but the whole clone thing got old once he died like EIGHTY straight times!)

EDIT:: Oh yeah and have him face of against O'Neill a few more times!

Perfecto!

Comment

He's just faking it to get with Sam. /

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire
              He's just faking it to get with Sam. /

Don't worry Ba'am will one day come to be.

Perfecto!

Comment

You are all forget he is goa'ld, nothing by far will ever change that. He might be dressed nice and seem momentarily kind, but he is goa'uld. Goa'uld will only do something that suits their adgenda.... remember our friend Apophis. He was Sokara's underlying and then eventually went on to replace him inheriting is weapons, troops, territory. I would be really werry if Ba'al ever helped SG1. There is No Free Lunch.

Comment

Ba'al will never become a "good guy". For one, he's Goa'uld (that should say enough on it's own). He's only helped us in the past because, at the time, his goals were in line with our interests. If he had the chance, I'm sure he'd still rid the galaxy of SG-1.

Besides, I like Ba'al better as a bad guy anyways. He's so much more interesting that way.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Just because hes a snake doesnt mean a thing!
                    Havnt you people heard of repenting?

Yes it may be in his agenda to help us, but its also to save people.
                    I can see in all likelyhood Baal helping us...directly or indirectly.
                    Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

well in a way Baal could die for earth.

when u think about it.

maybe the ori make a fool out of Baal and the only way of Baal payback the Ori would be to sacrufice his life.

but i doubt it.

but it would be great to see at least 1 kind of good Goauld?

Comment

overall baal is pretty badass.
                        one ot the lone survivors of a group of evil interstellar "gods", and he still remains very powerful even though he's being hunted everywhere. also he's made it near to impossible to get rid of his presence with all the back ups of himself he's made (which is sort of like having your mind stored away safely which is sort of like the ancient repository.....which is also very cool). he plays whatever side of the board he wants; good, bad, businessman. he's got his own agenda, which is pretty completely unclear at the moment, but still has the resources to do whatever he wants.
                        i mean come on, badass!

Comment

Well, we sort of have/had the "good Goa'uld" with the Tok'ra, even though like most Goa'uld they were only out to do what was best for them. And having a "good" Ba'al would take away from his character. He is waaay cooler as a baddie like in Abyss (and dressed better too). Although maybe we will have a "good" Ba'al clone because the cloning process went awry. Then having good and bad Ba'al face off would be cool and we would know who is who. The good one can become our ally and give us the info the real Ba'al would never.
                          I GoodSearch for the Michael J Fox Foundation for Parkinsons Research
                          Raise money for your favorite charity - www.goodsearch.com - powered by Yahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient_Chemist
                            You are all forget he is goa'ld, nothing by far will ever change that. He might be dressed nice and seem momentarily kind, but he is goa'uld. Goa'uld will only do something that suits their adgenda.... remember our friend Apophis. He was Sokara's underlying and then eventually went on to replace him inheriting is weapons, troops, territory. I would be really werry if Ba'al ever helped SG1. There is No Free Lunch.
                            Apophis pretended to be Sokar's underlind after being captured and tortured by him. Hence the need for that mask.

Anyway, Ba'al has never been truly evil. Sure, he tortured Jack. But so have countless others. Landry tortured Nerus (witholding food)!

Sure, he's not irked to kill off people who are of no use to him. Hammond wanted to destroy all of Abydos! Wah wah wah.

He's never been truly evil.

Also, not all Goa'uld are inherently evil and can never be cured of their wicked ways. The one in "Fallout", for example, fell in love with Jonas (who wouldn't) and sacrificed herself to save Kelowna and then her host.

Comment

Maybe an Anit-Hero? A villainesque figure who is forced to do the right thing, possibly for the wrong reasons (such as self-preservation).

To me, he sounds like Legion in the Bible, so to speak, where:

Beware, Bible Spoilers!

Spoiler:
                              Originally posted by Wikipedia
                              Legion, also known as the Gadarene demon, or is translated as Lots, is a demon found in the Christian Bible in Mark 5:9 and Luke 8:30. A parallel version of the story can be found in Matthew 8:28-34, but this version does not contain the name "Legion" and tells of two men, not just one, possessed by a multitude of demons. In the story, Jesus travelled to "the country of the Gadarenes" (Gergesenes in Matthew) and met a man possessed by an evil spirit, which spoke to Jesus in a conversation. The most commonly quoted version is found in Mark 5:9:

And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many. (KJV)
                              Another version of the quote is in Luke 8:30:

And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him. (KJV)
                              The demons that composed Legion were aware of the tremendous power of Jesus, and begged to be spared from being tossed back into the bottomless pit of hell. Jesus instead cast the demons out of the man and, granting their request, allowed them to indwell a herd of pigs. The pigs then drowned themselves in the Sea of Galilee.

To an extent, mind you...

Comment

Working...
                              X