This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Defenses

Why is everyone always saying that we need a form of ancient defense against the Ori threat? If there were ancient defenses capable of defending this galaxy against the Ori. Wouldnt the ancients have left these defenses in place, knowing that the Ori would be coming one day.

So I think that its up to people like carter and the allies that earth has right now or even the ememies in this galaxy coming together to discover a weakness in the Ori ships and the Ori themselves. Pretty much everything has a form of weakness and its up to the brains like carter to figure them out.

And yes I'm the guy that called the Ori a toothless ememy a few weeks back that was before watching the season nine finale

You make a valid point, but you also must remember that these technologies are most likely written in Ancient. Therefore, it may take awhile for Daniel to finish deciphering it before they could even figure out how to use it.
    O'neill: Lose it. It means, go crazy. Nuts. Bonzo. No longer in possession of one's faculties - three fries short of a happy meal - WACKO!!

Comment

Ancient LaGrange Defense Satellites... we have the schematics and the ability to power them. All we need is to have Earth divert some man power and money from the 304 programs and build a few around Saturn and were set.

Ace
      "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

We certainly need all the help we can get.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by harlen
          Why is everyone always saying that we need a form of ancient defense against the Ori threat? If there were ancient defenses capable of defending this galaxy against the Ori. Wouldnt the ancients have left these defenses in place, knowing that the Ori would be coming one day.
          A lot can happen in 10,000+ years. Technology can be lost, or it can breakdown. The Ancients could have hidden the technology, which seems very plausible, to keep it from being used for the wrong reasons.
          I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Well remember, the Ancients didnt think that the Ori would come here someday. Daniel and Vala screwed that up.
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
              Ancient LaGrange Defense Satellites... we have the schematics and the ability to power them. All we need is to have Earth divert some man power and money from the 304 programs and build a few around Saturn and were set.

Ace
              Why Saturn? It's not like it can change its orbit or anything by itself. It would have no way of protecting earth.

Best Stargate quote:
              Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
              Green is your friend.

Comment

Well, I think he was just thinking about the s1 finale, where Apophis' ship flew right by Saturn.
                ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
                  Well, I think he was just thinking about the s1 finale, where Apophis' ship flew right by Saturn.
                  Indeed... the way I understand it is, that Lagrange points are the points in space where any ship would have to drop out of hyperspace to enter the solar system.

And in Season 1, they dropped out of hyperspace right around Saturn... then again they also dropped out of hyperspace right by Earth in Lost City so who knows....

Probably a plot hole

Ace
                  "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

when they dropped out by earth they were most lightly cclose any way makes more tactical sense

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Also they had more ships plus knowing Apophis's tech they would have to put the sheild on after they emerge from Hyperspace, and if the missles sent up actually went up and blew up the ships no SG-1.
                      Like it was mentioned before everything is one big plot device.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

The ancients kicked the Ori out of our galaxy, and probably did that via considerable firepower, so there might be entire caches of treasures just waiting to be discovered.

Anyway, the ancient repository of knowledge is probably their way of preserving their stuff...DIY....so there is no need to rely on their ships remaining intact.

Anyone whoever can handle the ancient repository can make their own stuff using ancient technology, so theres no need for any intact technology...

Thats what people call planning ahead
                        O'Neil: Sorry, i was just finishing up on a lovely brunch!
                        Baal: Impudence
                        O'Neil:No, Tuna!

Comment

^Hi there and welcome to the forum !!!!
                          Anyways are you suggestrni that another character eg Mitchelkl put his head in the repository of knowlege. Im sorry but that has got too Cliche and wouldnt be good at all.
                          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

Originally posted by Da Vikster the Ori
                            The ancients kicked the Ori out of our galaxy, and probably did that via considerable firepower, so there might be entire caches of treasures just waiting to be discovered.
                            No, the Ancients left the Ori galaxy and came to the MW.
                            I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
                              Indeed... the way I understand it is, that Lagrange points are the points in space where any ship would have to drop out of hyperspace to enter the solar system.
                              According to Wikipedia and other sources Lagrangian points are the places between two large interplanetary objects, such as the Earth and the Sun, where a third smaller object, such as a satellite, will remain stationary relative to the two larger objects. At these particular points the gravitational forces of the two larger bodies are cancelled out, thus allowing the smaller object to remain in a fixed position. And there would be many of these types of points in a solar system because theoretically there are five Lagrangian points in relation to every two large interplanetary objects.

So it sounds like the Ancients placed their satellite weapons in strategic places throughout their system where they would remain in fixed positions. Now why the Wraith would choose to fly their ships right past these things is beyond me.

Comment

Working...
                              X