Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fifth Race/Great Alliance of Races - Ideas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Fifth Race/Great Alliance of Races - Ideas?

While i'm not sure I trust tptb to pull something so riveting and incredible off, what if the ancients really don't help us out that much with the Ori, and we must work to recreate the Alliance of Five Great Races to try to defend our Galaxy? Perhaps, for instance, the Ancients help only to the point where they cut off the supergate and access to our galaxy (after a bunch more ships get through, for a good story). The Asgard and Earth then decide that we must attempt to ally with the other races (Nox, Tollan, Jaffa, etc etc etc) and work to construct a new alliance. A united front, if you will. Not likely, of course, but think about it.

Imagine the strengths brought to the table by the extremely varied races...

The Asgard's science and weapons tech.

The Nox ability to heal and their amazing cloaks (could certainly help a fleet of ships out) - and the healing could certainly be an asset to help with any plagues or 'miracles' the priors bring to try to convert masses. After all, perhaps the Nox are more advanced than Priors - they have been around since the times of the ancients and while not ascended, are quite advanced. They also have a rather unique philosophical/ideological view on the universe that sharply contrasts with Origen.

The furlings, we think, may have incredibly powerful and advanced transportation tech. Perhaps it's good enough to beam through ori shields? Or maybe beam entire ships into, say, a star?

The Jaffa are warriors with great numbers and lots of ships. Certainly handy to have on the ground...If it comes to it, I trust they can effectively clash with large amounts of zealots on the ground. Also, they have huge amounts of ships with, at the very least, hyperdrive - they could certainly move troops to non gated planets easily.

The Tollan have some interesting antimatter weapons last we saw, as well as the phase-shifting (walk through solid matter)...that could certainly help in ground battles. While their civilization may be dead, it's possible others have survived and are rebuilding. They could make for interesting allies.

The Tok'ra are seasoned spies and saboteurs. Perhaps they can pretend to be followers. Possibly assist in the resistance with their centuries of expertise. Intel could be invaluable.

Earth, well, is Earth. We have our advantages, creativity, heroism. We're probably the one group that can help bring everyone to the table. While it wouldn't be easy and we certainly don't have much time, our Galaxy may be able to truly put up a fight. We are extremely well rounded, adaptable, and resourceful.

I suppose I don't see fans wanting a quick way to deal with this invasion. Part of me wants a somewhat drawn out war, with no quick resolution. I want ups and downs, failures and dismay, small victories. Wouldn't it be great if we could have that feeling we had when the Gould were big bads that could wipe us out if they wanted? When it would be IMPOSSIBLE to deal with all of them? Imagine the same on a massive scale.

The whole fith race idea got me quite excited, made me feel like Earth had a destiny. While we are moving closer to it, maybe we should be reminded of that old mythology. Oh, and maybe we should remember we are in a diverse galaxy that is still reasonably unexplored with a crazy history...

It would be hard to write, but what do you think? Good idea to bring some things full circle, and use some of SG-1's history to build the storyline a bit?

Comments? New ideas? Am I just coming up with stupid fantasies?
    Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Originally posted by ThawkTH
    While i'm not sure I trust tptb to pull something so riveting and incredible off, what if the ancients really don't help us out that much with the Ori, and we must work to recreate the Alliance of Five Great Races to try to defend our Galaxy? Perhaps, for instance, the Ancients help only to the point where they cut off the supergate and access to our galaxy (after a bunch more ships get through, for a good story)
    That would make for a pretty good story arc

Originally posted by ThawkTH
    The Nox ability to heal and their amazing cloaks (could certainly help a fleet of ships out)
    I'm sure just as the priors have a way of detecting people using a cloaking device, the Ori ships will also have a way of detecting cloaked ships.

The alliance of the 4+Tauri great races would in actuality only be an alliance of at most 3 great races and at least 2 great races. Asgard, Tauri, Furling or Asgard and Tauri. Still, its not really an alliance if there is no sharing going on. I have no idea what the Nox could have possibly offered to the alliance or when cloaking things would come in handy if one knows the enemy has ways of detecting cloaked ships. This is assuming of course that the alliance of the 4 great races was made against the ori way back when.

Best Stargate quote:
    Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
    Green is your friend.

Comment

Oh, I don't know if the alliance was against the Ori (in fact I sort of doubt it, but it's possible).

And even if priors could detect cloaked/hidden Nox/Folk - that doesn't mean Zealots could. I have a feeling (or hope) that there is a small minority of priors and tons of zealots. That could, in practice, even things out a bit.

I doubt though that the Priors could detect Nox. First, the Priors are only mortal and certainly not ascended - just highly evolved. We have no idea how evolved compared to the Nox. Second, the Nox followed a signifigantly different evolutionary path from most sentient species. For all we no, Ori don't know of the Nox. Hard to prepare for something so very rare and unique that you have no contact with!

Also, as for sharing, they could share their skills. Though the Nox would likely not cloak ships for fighting purposes, they could easily do so for medical/food/supplies etc.

I doubt the Asgard would share tech with Jaffa...

Doesn't mean there can't be some sort of united front.

Oh, and why Furling OR Asgard? Or is that a misprint? I see Asgard, Furlings (maybe), Tollan (maybe), Jaffa, Tok'ra etc. While all of them may not be 'great' their uniqueness adds to our chances of survival...
      Teal'c- "I have a strange feeling about Allar, like he's concealing something."

O'Neill - "Like what?"

Teal'c - "I do not know colonel, he is concealing it."

Comment

Tollan are probably all dead and they would not be much use since there not really good at fighting, and have no experience with war unlike us the jaffa and the asgard
        Daniel: Their whole world is in flames - and we're offering them gasoline. How does that help?
        Teal'c: We are in fact offering water.
        Jack O'Neill: Thank you.
        Daniel: I was speaking metaphorically.
        Jack O'Neill: Well stop it. It's not fair to Teal'c.

Comment

True but they can walk through walls. Plus their Ion Cannons are cool too.
          All they need is the elbow grease to put their technology in effect. However their phase shifting bombs shouldnt be allowed since its too powerful and the Orii could use it against them.
          Still I doubt any survived after the walloping Anubis/Tanith gave them.
          Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

That would be cool...but is edging a little to close to Star Trek territory for my liking

Comment

i hope that in season 10 there would be a massive ground battle or a few ground battles.

and that the jaff would assist as. with large armies like when they were enemies.

Comment

That's something I really want to see, a large Jaffa ground army up against the Ori warriors with hand to hand combat staff weapons clashing and energy blast going every which way.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by oh-your-god
                  That would be cool...but is edging a little to close to Star Trek territory for my liking
                  IMO, its closer to Babylon 5's "InterStellar Alliance" than Trek's Federation.
                  http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                    That's something I really want to see, a large Jaffa ground army up against the Ori warriors with hand to hand combat staff weapons clashing and energy blast going every which way.
                    I'm sure that we'll see this soon. And it will rule!
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                      Kinda like in Orpheus (season 6)! With the Jaffa rebellion at the Goua'ld death camp! Especially yhe end shot of Teal'c Bra'tac and Rak'nor. Watch it and you'll see what i mean!
                      That episode rocks my socks
                      Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
                      MSN: [email protected]
                      feel free to add me on either

Comment

Working...
                      X