PDA

View Full Version : Who should be cast for Adria?

Seogae
March 27th, 2006, 08:39 AM
After reading Sci-Fi's post about the new Ori Leader in our galaxy, http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=35064, I got to thinking.

I wonder who will be cast for this role. I would love to see a veteran scifi actress in this role and since we already have 2 from Farscape, why not another. So, my pick for this role would be Gigi Edgley, Chiana from Farscape. I think she is young enough that she could look the part of a rapidly aged child, assuming that this is Vala's child of coarse. She was also very deceptive and cunning on Farscape at times, which I think will benifit this character.

What does everyone think? Anyone know any other Actresses who they would like to see in this role?

--Seogae

prion
March 27th, 2006, 08:43 AM
After reading Sci-Fi's post about the new Ori Leader in our galaxy, http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=2&id=35064, I got to thinking.

I wonder who will be cast for this role. I would love to see a veteran scifi actress in this role and since we already have 2 from Farscape, why not another. So, my pick for this role would be Gigi Edgley, Chiana from Farscape. I think she is young enough that she could look the part of a rapidly aged child, assuming that this is Vala's child of coarse. She was also very deceptive and cunning on Farscape at times, which I think will benifit this character.

What does everyone think? Anyone know any other Actresses who they would like to see in this role?

--Seogae

Personally, I suspect they're going to go with an actress in early 20s (as they don't want to age the character tooo much). I hope the character ISN'T blonde as Vala sure isn't, although they might just say all Ori kids are blonde (shades of Village of the Damned!) Not sure about Gigi.... but darn, wish they'd get Virginia Hey guest starring on one of the SGs....

Wraith_Hunter
March 27th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Thnought they already cast Brenna O'brien as Adria in 'Flesh & Blood'.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1378650/

I'd imagine that they'd probably give her a few eps as the character, before they put it on an adult.

shockwave
March 27th, 2006, 09:05 AM
someone on probably some other board once suggested Summer Glau, the crazy sister from Firefly, I kinda like the idea

Mattathias2.0
March 27th, 2006, 10:03 AM
As long as it isn't Dakota Flanning...I'm cool with it.

Mattathias

NakedJehutyV2
March 27th, 2006, 02:25 PM
alison lohman looks young for a 26 year old.

freyr's mother
March 27th, 2006, 02:30 PM
As long as it isn't Dakota Flanning...I'm cool with it.

Mattathias
Why's that, she can play evil parts really well.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 27th, 2006, 02:40 PM
How about the girl who played Maron way back when in "Learning Curve?"

morrismike
March 27th, 2006, 03:49 PM
What about scarlet johhanson or laura bertram?

Famous
March 27th, 2006, 03:50 PM
someone on probably some other board once suggested Summer Glau, the crazy sister from Firefly, I kinda like the idea

I think Summer would be good in the role too. I'd like to see that.

RoMUS
March 27th, 2006, 03:58 PM
who is Brenna O'brien i cant find any pictures of her to see if ive seen her in any other movies

Amanda Eros
March 27th, 2006, 04:14 PM
Well I don't have anyone for the middle years that would look good, but for age seven, Sasha Pieterse. She was in the Grace episode. I could see her with a black wig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Relina/grace.jpg

Then for the adult version I think they should use Jenn Bird, she played Neera in The Hive.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/Relina/neera.jpgI think that she has very similar features to Claudia, except for the nose, and the bangs. (Though I wouldn't be surpised if they didn't have Claudia play her as the adult version too. This way she could fool SG1 by looking just like her mother. Plus the studio would save on some money in the process.)

O'Neil
March 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
So im guessing this "child" of Vala isnt going to start off as a small kid right? Thats kinda dumb.

But personally, I think Dakota Fanning would make an excellent choice. She did really well in "Taken", and "War of the Worlds".

But if they are going to get someone older, (in their 20's), then I think Majandra Delfino wouldnt be bad.

PG15
March 27th, 2006, 04:51 PM
Eliza Dushku

aAnubiSs
March 27th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Ellen Muth. Toilet Seat Girl for the Toilet Class Ship ;)

Amanda Eros
March 27th, 2006, 05:56 PM
I know this is about who should be casted, but realistically, I don't think they would have a big screen actress that is still doing movies on Stargate. Big screen movies rake in a lot more money then doing a guest appearance on a cable TV network. It is more likely that it will be someone that most of us have never even heard of.

JanusAncient
March 27th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I would say Melia, but being an Ancient this is probably unlikely. So, I would have to say Summer Glau, I agree with this, she'd be wonderful in the episode. Still, people would probably complain about her, so what about the lady who played Marin, in Stargate Atlantis, the episode "Condemned."

Erin
March 27th, 2006, 06:00 PM
My immediate thougth WAS Dakota Fanning, but she's a movie actress and I don't think she even looks at tv scripts.

the fifth man
March 27th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Eliza Dushku

I'm all for that one.:D

Insipid
March 27th, 2006, 09:06 PM
My immediate thougth WAS Dakota Fanning, but she's a movie actress and I don't think she even looks at tv scripts.

She's been on CSI.

Konrad9
March 27th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Allyson Hannigan.

Failing that, pick a random girl from a local school with a funny Canadian name.

FallenAngelII
March 27th, 2006, 09:50 PM
Personally, I suspect they're going to go with an actress in early 20s (as they don't want to age the character tooo much). I hope the character ISN'T blonde as Vala sure isn't, although they might just say all Ori kids are blonde (shades of Village of the Damned!) Not sure about Gigi.... but darn, wish they'd get Virginia Hey guest starring on one of the SGs....

Obviously you skipped out on a few biology lessons or have just chosen to forget that even two black-haired people can spawn a blonde baby. It's all in the genetics.

Ecil
March 28th, 2006, 09:44 AM
it is Jodelle Ferland!!! shes an amazing actress!!!
she'll be starring in silent hill and tideland too
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/Ecil/collectorpros27.jpg

Amanda Eros
March 28th, 2006, 10:02 AM
She's been on CSI.

Was that before or after all the big block busters?

Ecil
March 28th, 2006, 10:07 AM
it has been confirmed that it is Jodelle Ferland

The Signal
March 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
Im thinking Gabrielle from Xena,why fight the comparisons? (Renee O'Conner, is that her name?)

Insipid
March 28th, 2006, 11:45 AM
Was that before or after all the big block busters?

http://imdb.com/name/nm0266824/

Formerhost
March 28th, 2006, 11:46 AM
who is Brenna O'brien i cant find any pictures of her to see if ive seen her in any other movies

http://www.ytv.com/programming/shows/zixx_level_two/index.asp?showID=347

go to Gallery, and then pic 2.

The Signal
March 28th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Source?

Formerhost
March 28th, 2006, 12:38 PM
Perhaps Jodell is going to play younger (7 years old Adria) and Brenna older (12 years old Adria).

Iguana775
March 28th, 2006, 01:13 PM

I agree with Virginia Hey. I loved her in Farscape.

ReganX
March 28th, 2006, 02:11 PM
I just hope that they don't use Claudia Black for the adult Adria.

Anybody know how they will be explaining Adria's rapid growth given the fact that Vala's pregnancy seems to have been progressing at a more or less normal rate - her husband didn't seem to think that it was too fast for him to have beenthe father until he was tipped off.

Pharaoh Atem
March 28th, 2006, 02:15 PM
it should be Natalie portman good actress

prion
March 28th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I just hope that they don't use Claudia Black for the adult Adria.

Anybody know how they will be explaining Adria's rapid growth given the fact that Vala's pregnancy seems to have been progressing at a more or less normal rate - her husband didn't seem to think that it was too fast for him to have beenthe father until he was tipped off.

Yes, the kid got into a bottle of MiracleGro. I swear, that's the only reason why kids can go from cradle to adulthood in two episodes ;)

O'Neil
March 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM
I think this storyline with the Ori "child" just might put SG1 into a flat spin....... right down the toilet!

Lets all hope the writers know what they are doing, otherwise, it might take MacGyver to come back and build a weapon out of bubble gum and some paper clips to save earth!

Amanda Eros
March 28th, 2006, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure what she looks like, but it would have been interesting if they used RDA's daughter to play the younger version of Adria. This way they could work together on the set. Though he's made enough money that she'll never have to work if she doesn't want to. :lol:

knowles2
March 28th, 2006, 05:12 PM
May be that the real reason he agreed to appear on the episode. because his doughter going to appear on the show.

Peoples_General
March 29th, 2006, 08:09 AM
If and when Adria ever reaches adult form, I think Claudia Black should play dual roles. Afterall, Adria never had a real genetic father. The Ori just made Vala pregnant, so it could end-up being like a clone growing within her own body.

It'll be just like when Renee O'Connor played both Gabrielle and her "daughter of darkness" child named Hope.

Ecil
March 29th, 2006, 09:37 AM

Source?

Jodelle Ferland her self and a copy of her resume

heres the link to her confirming it:
http://s12.invisionfree.com/Stardom_Secured/index.php?showtopic=561&st=60
its near the bottom of the page

lionel_pendergast_rocks
March 29th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I was thinking Summer Glau (River from "Firefly"), but I dont know. I think Eliza Dushku would be good too.

Mattathias2.0
March 29th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Why's that, she can play evil parts really well.

She annoys me...

Mattathias

prion
April 6th, 2006, 05:04 AM
Mattathias[/QUOTE]

Don't know if this could be construed as spoilers, but this is from the online TV GUIDE

Question: I know this is not a show you normally cover, but I'll give you my first-born child for some scoop on Stargate SG-1. — Megan

Ausiello: Get that packing slip ready, Megan. The show is looking for a "name" actress to play the recurring role of Adria, the rapidly aging daughter of Vala (Claudia Black). Not surprisingly, Adria will stop aging when her peer group includes the show's desirable demo; producers are seeking someone in her early twenties.

So, hey, some of us predicted it right on the bat ;)

Lonewolf
April 6th, 2006, 06:40 AM
i hope shes cute!! :)

prion
April 6th, 2006, 08:16 AM
i hope shes cute!! :)

Well, that's a given. Every casting side always says "beautiful" or "stunning" when it comes to women.

GhostPoet
April 6th, 2006, 11:08 AM
The role of Adria will now be played by Martha Stewart.

the fifth man
April 6th, 2006, 11:11 AM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: You're freaking me out now, man.

Bragi
April 6th, 2006, 01:55 PM
I like Amanda Ergos' idea to cast Jenn Bird.

She's young, she's brunette, she's gorgeous, can play the innocent thing (which I imagine Adria will be doing some of) and she does have a resemblance to Claudia.

I'm all for Jenn being cast!

ShipShape
April 6th, 2006, 07:03 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: You're freaking me out now, man.
Oh, now, what's so bad about that? She already has the whole good/evil thing under her belt, she has experience with shackles, she can help design better Ori ships than the "toilet bowls", as some have called them--or at least disguise them with doilies made out of black hole material---the plotlines are endless---just like her own "real" empire.;)

Peoples_General
April 6th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Jenn Bird? Awesome!

She did a nice job on that Hiveship. This should be a good way to keep a hot actress around rather than just have her play 1 character getting killed in an exploding ship.

overtherainbowe
April 6th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I kindda like the thought of Eliza Dushku. But regardless, I can't wait to see who they cast.

PG15
April 6th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Oh, now, what's so bad about that? She already has the whole good/evil thing under her belt, she has experience with shackles, she can help design better Ori ships than the "toilet bowls", as some have called them--or at least disguise them with doilies made out of black hole material---the plotlines are endless---just like her own "real" empire.;)

Yeah, it's a good thing.

star47
April 6th, 2006, 10:19 PM

I agree, that was my first thought, I think she'd be great.

prion
April 7th, 2006, 05:19 AM
I kindda like the thought of Eliza Dushku. But regardless, I can't wait to see who they cast.

My bet is - canadian. however, I hope she's not blonde, since Vala sure isn't. Children who tend to grow like radioactively mutated weeds are, for some reason, always blonde...

eri-chan
April 7th, 2006, 09:46 AM
i like eliza dushku, i think she'd do alright. but atm i cant picture her in stargate :tealcanime49: dunno why

The Prophet
April 7th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Shouldn't it be Claudia Black as Adria? As she was born Asexually, same Genes, Same DNA= Same Appearance. Unless the Ori used Prior DNA as they did with the Plague, then the poor kid would be 50% Prior, 50% Vala & a whole lot of Evil. :S

It'd make an interesting episdode, when she's killed. Vala & Adria are standing in the same room when Daniel comes in with a P90. He looks at both women (who are identical) & they both try to convince him that they are Real Vala & to shoot the other. Daniel choses & shoots one. Unbenost to him though, he shot the real Vala & Adria is now posing as her in the SGC. Uh-oh... :cool:

Merlin's_Legacy
April 7th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Of all the possibilities mentioned so far, I think Summer Glau seems most appropriate. I can see the inner conflict in Adria twister her mind in many of the same ways that River's was twisted.

the fifth man
April 8th, 2006, 11:19 PM
Of all the possibilities mentioned so far, I think Summer Glau seems most appropriate. I can see the inner conflict in Adria twister her mind in many of the same ways that River's was twisted.

Yeah, but Adria probably wouldn't be quite so whacked.:D I could definitely see Summer Glau playing the part well.

Amanda Eros
April 9th, 2006, 08:06 AM
Shouldn't it be Claudia Black as Adria? As she was born Asexually, same Genes, Same DNA= Same Appearance. Unless the Ori used Prior DNA as they did with the Plague, then the poor kid would be 50% Prior, 50% Vala & a whole lot of Evil. :S

It'd make an interesting episdode, when she's killed. Vala & Adria are standing in the same room when Daniel comes in with a P90. He looks at both women (who are identical) & they both try to convince him that they are Real Vala & to shoot the other. Daniel choses & shoots one. Unbenost to him though, he shot the real Vala & Adria is now posing as her in the SGC. Uh-oh... :cool:

I know that Claudia is only thirty three, but I would guess that Vala is either thirty five or slightly older. (She's been seprate from the To'kra for ten years.) She has a mature, older look to her. Adria is going to be in her early twenties. I don't think Claudia can pass for a twenty year old.

McSwift
April 9th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Emma Watson... Harry Potter Chick

sacme
April 9th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Here's the casting notice from April 4th:

CLASSICALLY TRAINED ACTORS PREFERRED.
GEN. LANDRY: CAST (BEAU BRIDGES)
COL. MITCHELL: CAST (BEN BROWDER)
VALA: CAST (CLAUDIA BLACK)
[ADRIA] 21-24 years old. This highly intelligent and beautiful young woman, preferably dark-haired, is first seen
addressing a large crowd, urging them to join the Armies of the Ori and embrace the Origin, a fanatically
dangerous interworld religious order. Headstrong, and stubbornly convinced her way is the only way, she
pressures Vala (her mother) to accept the Origin with a religious zeal that terrifies everyone involved. Deadly,
extremely powerful and brutal when she needs to make a point, she tests a weapon by killing a Jaffa then breaths
life back into him in order to continue her ruthless interrogation...RECURRING. PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY
STRONG ACTRESSES WITH GREAT PRESENCE. NAMES PREFERRED. (1)
[SE'TAK] Male, 45-60 years old. On Dakara, this Jaffa Emissary is meeting with a group of Councilors when
Landry and Bratac confront him about his war tactics, specifically his use of an extremely deadly ancient device
whose detonation violates their agreement. Se'tak stands by his methods, determined to beat the Ori...Please
submit all ethnicities. GUEST STAR (19)
[BO'REL] Male, 35-45 years old. A leader of a group of Jaffa, a powerful man with a powerful presence, Bo'rel
announces to Mitchell and Teal'c that he plans to take control of their vessel. The groups exchange deadly fire,
and Bo'rel gains the upperhand, announcing to the ship he's taken Mitchell and Teal'c into custody. Though Daniel
suggests they pool resources to defeat the Ori, their common enemy, Bo'rel rejects this offer, determined that the
Jaffa never become dependent on another race again...Please submit all ethnicities. GUEST STAR (15)
STORY LINE: A deadly wave, emanating from SG-1, appears to have wiped out 100,000 innocent villagers, and
deadly battles for control erupt between the Ori (led by Vala's daughter ADRIA) and the Jaffa, trapping Landry,
Vala, Mitchell and the rest of the crew in a war they can't control...

PG15
April 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
"beautiful young women"

Ok, who called this one? ;)

Amanda Eros
April 9th, 2006, 03:09 PM
The thing that I find interesting is that they would use a girl to lead the crusade. Not that I'm sexist or anything like that, it's just that when that one Jaffa female was speaking to the council after being brainwashed by Ba'al. She mentioned that many women aren't even acknowledge for the type of work that they do and would likely not be receiving equal representation and voting rights. Having a male child would have likely had a greater impact. Though Vala probably lacks the XXY gene sequence needed for something like that. I saw a show on discovery about how it is possible for women to get pregnant without having sex, but they are more likely to have a female child just because they lack the y cromoson except in the case where the female has a XXY. There are additional complications to this such as having a floating uterus, or an underdeveloped one. Something like that. Anyway, yeah who ever they pick will likely have a large bust size, long legs, and no bum. She'll wear little to no clothing, and we'll likely see some scenes where she is bathing. Or we'll see her getting it on with one of the crusadors every so often. (Peep show for tptb!)

prion
April 10th, 2006, 08:33 AM
"beautiful young women"

Ok, who called this one? ;)

I did! Raises hand! I did! I know hollywood. They will NEVER cast "ordinary looking woman".

override367
April 11th, 2006, 12:29 PM

"We've got something special today devout followers, today we're going to be destroying some infidels with our plasma-lasers, and afterwards I'll make you all apple pie. It's a good thing."

Peoples_General
April 21st, 2006, 12:05 PM
Christina Ricci

She's hot and kinda has sinister look in her face...

She looks like she's thinking, "Hallowed are the Ori!" :D

http://www.maj.com/gallery/EliteMangudai/Celebs/christina_ricci.jpg

aAnubiSs
April 21st, 2006, 02:02 PM
Ricci would be awsome.

Eye Of Ra
April 22nd, 2006, 04:57 PM
Hillary Duff

Peoples_General
April 22nd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Nah, she's more... Nox than Ori. :lol:

Sauron18
April 22nd, 2006, 09:03 PM
Maybe Christina Ricci. But I dunno, I'm hoping some "unknown" actress who will turn out to be as great in the Tricia Helfer Kind of way.

The Ori
April 23rd, 2006, 09:44 AM
Jessica Alba, oh my days.

Peoples_General
April 23rd, 2006, 10:36 AM
I suppose... but she's a bit too tanned to be an Ori servant or even Ori incarnate. Not to mention too hot... so she should be an Alterran, but keep her character away from Shep.

the fifth man
April 25th, 2006, 10:14 PM
Well, it's been confirmed. Apparently, Morena Baccarin is Adria. You know, Inara from Firefly. Personally, I think that's a sweet move by TPTB.

Darren
April 25th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Here's the discussion thread for Morena Baccarin's casting! We'll close this one up now and continue over there.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=27990