This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has excalibur been mentioned?

when u think of arthur you think excalibur right. Has it even been mentioned in the show?
    Religion and science are the same both explain Gods work.

Well it is said in the legion that excalibar will return in our greatest time of need. So when earth laying in ruin, all sgc destroyed and sg1 dead and the ori are standing over their dead corps, excalibar will return to free us and bring them back to life. Whole and that last bit was just to keep fans, happy if I had my way they would probably stay dead.

Comment

It has been mentioned, in one of the season 9 opener epsiodes where michel fights arthus holoknight in that buried place in britain.

Comment

MITCHELL
        A sword in a stone.

VALA
        What's that supposed to mean?

DANIEL
        Well, King Arthur once pulled a sword from a stone as proof of his righteousness and royalty.

MITCHELL
        Excalibur.

DANIEL
        Actually, that's a common misconception. See, Excalibur was forged by the Lady of the Lake at Avalon, but it wasn't given to King Arthur until after the sword he pulled from the stone broke in battle.
        It's a joke. My way of deflecting attention from my own obvious heroism. You'll get used to it.

Comment

Did mitchell not use Excalibur in the series nine finale to defeat the black knight or at least,a valiant effort.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me that the TPTB could use the Excalibur arc in the Arthurian mythology as some sort of weapon similar to the ori canceling weapon merlin made. Since Camlot comfirms that "Arthur" is a real person and not just a mythical figure. So why wouldn't excalibur be real?

The two swords that were in the stones, "Avalon" and "Camelot" were just swords designed to interact with realistic holograms.

Any Ideas were the TPTB will take the Arthur arc? I would like to see them translate all of merlin's records from his library in Camelot and find the addresses where arthur went.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient_Chemist
              Any Ideas were the TPTB will take the Arthur arc? I would like to see them translate all of merlin's records from his library in Camelot and find the addresses where arthur went.
              If you think about it, by going after the grail, SG-1 will be following in Arthur's footsteps. Afterall, it was said Arthur left Camelot in search of the grail. Who knows, maybe they'll stumble upon some things he left along the way.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

What about any of his knight of the round table. lancealot, gwain, and the like. do you think arthur and his knights come and save earth from the ori

Comment

Excalibur is often said so be the same sword as the Lady in the Lake Sword. As Arthurian legend has been written by many authors, much like the Bible, there are some indescrifencies.

The SG-1 writers chose to make them different swords.

Comment

Yep, there are in fact 2 swords. Calibur, the sacred sword and Ex-Calibur, the new sacred sword. Calibur was reforged when it broke into Excalibur.

Stupid reference: if Excalibur shows up, will the Capricorn Saint show up too?
                    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

According to legend the sword in the stone broke which is my Arthur went to the Lady of the Lake, so that he could get a new and better sword named Excalibur. When Arthur was mortally wounded the sword was thrown back into the lake by one of Arthur's knights and the lady of the lake kept it.
                      Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

The version I know of mentionned Merlin taking it back to Vivian (the Lady of the Lake). There was also a reference to another sword: Marmiadoise. That sword was forged using a bone of a dragon as its grip, rendering its bearer fierce as a dragon.

Stupid reference continued: If the Capricorn Saint does show up, will he use Excalibur or will the Genrômaoken still prevent him from doing so?
                        "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" Voltaire (1694-1778)

Comment

Originally posted by Metarock Sam
                          According to legend the sword in the stone broke which is my Arthur went to the Lady of the Lake, so that he could get a new and better sword named Excalibur. When Arthur was mortally wounded the sword was thrown back into the lake by one of Arthur's knights and the lady of the lake kept it.
                          It sounds like one of the places we will see will be a gate that is beside a lake. Cool idea it just hit me. What if the Lady of the Lake is part of the race of the alien that kidnapped Daniel in that under water place and tried to force him to remember his wife from Babylon or someplace lik that. (don't know the episode name)
                          That would be a cool tie in from old episode.

Comment

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Excalibur turned out to be Arthur's flagship.

Comment

Originally posted by jash
                              It sounds like one of the places we will see will be a gate that is beside a lake. Cool idea it just hit me. What if the Lady of the Lake is part of the race of the alien that kidnapped Daniel in that under water place and tried to force him to remember his wife from Babylon or someplace lik that. (don't know the episode name)
                              That would be a cool tie in from old episode.

That would be cool if Amaroka (the water alien's wife) was the lady in the lake, but she died during the time of Babylon. Maybe it's her sister.

Comment

Working...
                              X