SciFi Wire: SciFi Channel ratings for Season Finales

From SciFi Wire:

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/

Top TEN SciFi Channel Shows

Battlestar Galactica----------1.9
    Stargate SG-1---------------1.9 - "Camelot"
    Stargate Atlantis-------------1.8 - "Allies"
    Minotaur---------------------1.6
    The Day After----------------0.1 (This looks like a typo)
    John Doe---------------------1.0
    Sasquatch--------------------1.0
    The Relic---------------------0.9
    Painkiller Jane----------------0.9
    Gargoyles: Wings Darkness----0.9

Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, 3/6/06 - 3/12/06

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for posting these! I had completely forgotten to go check this out. I've been looking forward to seeing the ratings.
    Rocky

Comment

Thanks, morjana!

As for The Day After, it was a typo, as SciFi Wire corrected it already - it's 1.1

Comment

From Caprica-City.de

SciFi ratings: Season two ends with slight improvement

Peter Glotz (Pedda) - March 27, 2006

More than two weeks after "Lay down your burdens, Part 2" aired on Sci Fi (March 10), the rating of second season's final episode has now been published in Nielsen's Galaxy Report.

Despite the promotion as an event and loads of enthusiastic reviews, the 90-minute special earned only a 1.9 rating, up one-tenth of a point from the first part of "Battlestar Galactica's" season two finale. By comparison, both the mideason-cliffhanger "Pegasus" (2.0) and the final episode of BSG's freshman season, "Kobol's Last Gleaming, Part 2" (2.6), attracted more viewers. On average, season two's ratings (2.0) were considerably lower than that of the short 13-episode first season (2.4).

On the last Sci Fi Friday of this season, "Battlestar Galactica" was once again the channel's most successful programme. However, it tied with "Stargate SG-1's" episode "Camelot" (1.9, too). Just one-tenth of a point below that, "Stargate Atlantis" came in third with "Allies".

(Source: Nielsen Galaxy Report, via Sci Fi Wire)
        Caprica City - Germany's biggest news site
        and fan community for all incarnations of BSG

Comment

Nice, we beat Atlantis.
          sigpic

Comment

With BG not starting up again until October, will SG-1 move to its old (later) time slot in July? I would think it would get higher ratings at the 9 pm slot, rather than the 8 p.m. slot.

Comment

Originally posted by betjam
              With BG not starting up again until October, will SG-1 move to its old (later) time slot in July? I would think it would get higher ratings at the 9 pm slot, rather than the 8 p.m. slot.

It may, but it was in the 8:00 timeslot in season 8 (second half) and did much better than this season. And Atlantis is in the 9 pm slot and has not done that well this year compared to last year.

I hope the ratings do get better in season 10 though.

Comment

Originally posted by NowIWillDestroyAbydos
                Nice, we beat Atlantis.
                Definitely nice to see SG-1 close out the season on top (tied with BSG anyways).
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc
                  It may, but it was in the 8:00 timeslot in season 8 (second half) and did much better than this season. And Atlantis is in the 9 pm slot and has not done that well this year compared to last year.

Depends on what the big networks will have to offer to casual viewers. According to MediaSavant, when season 8 aired the shows on big networks wasn't that interesting than this year (plus Olympic Games), so SG-1's ratings were better. This year casual viewers usually were watching something else at 8 pm, but they WERE RETURNING to watch SG-1 at 11 pm.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc

NBC also moved NEW episodes of VEGAS against SGA. There's also one of the plethora of CBS's crime dramas there too, so the 9pm slot actually has more to watch than the 8pm or 10pm slot.

Comment

Working...
                    X