This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

arthur

Hi, This is my first post here. I have watched stargate for years now and I was wondering about King Arthur and any technologies he may have had that could help SG1. Arthur and his knights are rumoured to be scottish but this has never been confirmed but Arthurs seat is at Edinburgh. Could this be a site for weapons??
    sigpic

Damn good idea! Have a look about theres tons of stuff on Arthur and his Weapon... his metal one haha... sorry bad joke
    Mrs Tapping

Myspace: www.myspace.com/stuey1221
    MSN: [email protected]
    feel free to add me on either

Comment

That sounds good. I can hear Daniel now.
      Daniel - What we are looking for is hear.
      Sam - Hear as in right hear
      Daniel - No, Hear as in hear on Earth
      Mitch - so what we have been looking for has been hear all along

This sounds formilure
      *Post in Peace, Yah or Nah*
      *Go to Sokar you Cylon fracker*
      *I can't spell vary good, but I can read mis- spelled words vary good*
      *And then the Ori said, "if your thread is dead then let their be a new one"*
      *It's Science Fiction. Not Science with Fiction.*
      *Sproiler Tags should only be used when you are going to be mentioning something that you can't already read on Gateworld*
      *When I talk out my butt it smells like sarcasm*

Comment

What if Daniel is the supposed Return of Arthur?

Comment

Good theory, maybe when he de-ascended, he came back with some sort of hidden knowledge or something?
          Mrs Tapping

Comment

Personally, I know I can't wait for this whole Arthur storyline to be delved into a little deeper. On our search for the Grail, I'm sure SG-1 will be following in Arthur's very footsteps. Maybe they will find things he left along the way.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Maybe its all writen in ancient on that tomb thing at Himley Hall* in the UK?
              Apparently theres text on there thats never been desciphered and its supposed to lead to the Holy Grail

(*i think thats where it is)
              Mrs Tapping

Comment

Or perhaps written on the back of the gate is a map tellign us wher the Holy Grail and all the other Dues Ex Machina is in this Galaxy.
                Oh Yes the Sam is Back and hes more Sci-fied up than ever !!!!!!!!!

Coming Soon a new Banner from Me

Comment

What does deus ex machina mean, i keep forgettin :|
                  Mrs Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by someofmymail
                    Hi, This is my first post here. I have watched stargate for years now and I was wondering about King Arthur and any technologies he may have had that could help SG1. Arthur and his knights are rumoured to be scottish but this has never been confirmed but Arthurs seat is at Edinburgh. Could this be a site for weapons??
                    News to me. The legend of Arthur was Welsh afaik.
                    err, whoooooo?

Comment

News to me. The legend of Arthur was Welsh afaik.
                      That's technically not true!

The only real evidence that Arthur was Welsh was written by a monk Nennius who wrote a short history in the 9th century A.D. The work was further edited in the 10th century A.D. by someone called Mark the Anchorite.

However nowehre in it does it actually say he was Welsh, even the fact that he wasn't even a Briton, as well as the one from the story doesn't say who his father was & that he wasn't even a king.

Second was a Welsh poem GODODDIN, it is assumed that because it's been preserved in Wales & written in the Welsh language that he must be Welsh. However the poem actually refers to a place that is now modern day Scotland. The poem was actually written by a Scot that came from the area where Arthur King of the Scots died in battle around 600 A.D.

Here is a site that explains all of the Welsh evidence relating to Arthur.

http://www.legendofkingarthur.com/welshev.htm

1. The extinct volcano in the centre of Edinburgh, Capital city of Scotland, has been known as Arthur's Seat for centuries.
                      2. Merlin's Grave is near the River Tweed.
                      3. Some experts believe that Camelot was based at the ancient Scottish castle of Tantallon, others that Edinburgh was the actual site of Camelot.
                      4. There has always been some mystery surrounding the burial place of King Arthur, but Scotland has a definite place for his grave, not far south of Edinburgh.
                      5. There is some evidence that Sir Lancelot was a Pictish warrior, the son of the King of the Lothians. Gareth and Gawain, brothers and both knights of the Round Table, were from Orkney in the far north of Scotland.
                      6. A mountain named Ben Arthur rises in the hills near Dumbarton.
                      7. There is a site known as Arthur's Oven near Stirling, and an earthworks called The Round Table.
                      8. Lanark has Arthur's Fountain.
                      9. Guinevere is linked to Perth in legend.
                      10. Angus has Arthur's Fold and Arthur's Stone, and another hill called Arthur's seat.
                      11. The town of Kincardine has a legendary connection with Mordred.
                      12. Historians agree that whatever Arthur was, Welsh, Cornish, Scottish, he most certainly was not English. His fame was in fighting against the Angles and the Saxon invaders of ancient Britain.

http://www.legendofkingarthur.com/evidence.htm

A book on the subject has bveen published, called "The Quest for Arthur". http://www.luath.co.uk/acatalog/Q4A.html

Unfortunately I won't hold my breath that they put him in as Scottish. Merlin was also supposed to be from a race of people known as the Picts. Which is why in the movie that was released last year, starring Keira Knightley & Clive Own, he was painted in blue, this was because of some sort of new evidence that pointed to it. The Picts were ancient Scots, but for some reason or another they were wiped out & all but disappeared from history.

Being that they've already shown Merlin, with stupid hat & all. It shows they're going for the campier versions, therefore they won't be doing thorough research on the subject. They'll take a look at the first few sites that they get on a search & use that. If they did their research, he wouldn't have been portrayed the way that he has been. Therefore, if I don't expect it, then I won't be disappointed when it's not shown in the eps.

Comment

Dude, the guy was my uncle. I should know. He's from Pontypridd. He's still kicking around and can be seen on a regular basis drinking down 'The Queens Legs'.

Geez...

Welsh, Scottish, whatever. I do know that the name Gawain itself is Welsh through and through though.
                        err, whoooooo?

Comment

Originally posted by JamesM
                          Dude, the guy was my uncle. I should know. He's from Pontypridd. He's still kicking around and can be seen on a regular basis drinking down 'The Queens Legs'.

Geez...

Welsh, Scottish, whatever. I do know that the name Gawain itself is Welsh through and through though.
                          Dude, I didn't say that it wasn't a Welsh name, I said that the one from the legend were from Orkney!

Both were Celtic countries, so it's possible that the name is infact Celtic in origin.

http://www.babynamenetwork.com/detai...in&gender=Male

Welsh

http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites...sp?name=Gawain

Scottish variations.

http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites...sp?name=Gawain

http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites...asp?name=Gawyn

http://www.mybirthcare.com/favorites...asp?name=Gawen

The one I'm referring to was Sir Gawain, who was the son of King Lot of Orkney and/or Lothian, which is in Scotland.

Comment

Read my post again mate, I said the name itself, not the legend.
                            err, whoooooo?

Comment

Is there any truth in the movie, 'King Arthur' ?

Comment

Working...
                              X