This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Growing conflicts with other countries

Does anyone else think it's possible that the United States and possibly Russis are going to have an indirect conflict with another Earth contry? Say China for example who has seemed to have the most problems with the Gate Alliance...and that they might see our recent losses to the Ori as a sign the we are no longer capible of defending Earth and try to take power?

(When I give China as an example I am not trying to reflect on anything, I know it's the 21st century and I know the Cold War is over)
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

What I'd like to see is China (to use your example) can no,longer stand us in conrtol of the gate so they declare war on America and Russia, reveal the existance of the Stargate, and threaten invasion and nuclear attacks. So instead of trying to negotiate or anything the Russian's send the Korry, if it survives Camelot and if not then maybe by this time they have another ship, to make a demonstration of their powerful ship and blow the hell out of China, then our ship engages their's to try and stop them. And all this makes the Tollen's, the Nox's, and the Asgard's fears come true that we use the advanced tech to drestroy ourselves. It would be an interesting way to have the gate revealed to the world, too.

Perfecto!

Comment

Please... No more Earth politics episodes! If i wanted fueds between various countries i would have watched The West Wing.
      An all new Stargate spinoff presents

Stargate: The B Team

The galaxy just got a whoooole lot crazier!

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
        Does anyone else think it's possible that the United States and possibly Russis are going to have an indirect conflict with another Earth contry? Say China for example who has seemed to have the most problems with the Gate Alliance...and that they might see our recent losses to the Ori as a sign the we are no longer capible of defending Earth and try to take power?

(When I give China as an example I am not trying to reflect on anything, I know it's the 21st century and I know the Cold War is over)
        If they see the US and Russia as no longer being able to defend Earth by themselves, obviously they'll only have more reason to want in. Or... they could just tell everyone else to mobilise the whole planet into action. They may get the support of the EU with them. Im sure the Europeans don't think that the US and Russia alone should have the responsibility of defending the whole planet.
        http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
        http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the US and Russia start to feel more and more pressure from other countries about the Stargate. A real conflict could be on the horizon.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
            Please... No more Earth politics episodes! If i wanted fueds between various countries i would have watched The West Wing.

I think some Earth politc shows could be pretty good if done corectly and in the right context. On of my favorite episodes is "Disclosure" But it is relevant to the stargate universe, so im all for it!

Comment

I do think that China is being set up to be a problem in season 10, but I don't see it going anywhere close to military conflict. Not when the Haves (the US and Russia) can pound on the Have Nots with vastly superior weapons. From space.

At most, there will be some more political blackmail going on, maybe this time with China threatening to go public unless they are otherwise appeased. Their own teams, maybe even an offworld location.

a time to mourn

Comment

China does seem to be annoyed at how the yanks have the stargate.
                Britain was annoyed (in disclosure) at how the russians knew before them about the stargate as GB is America's closest ally. Something tells me that if they find merlin's ancient weapon, then Britain will probably be in there first. Since it all stemmed from the finding in Glastonbury.
                France and the Europeans (in disclosure) seemed to be more concerned that the stargate was in the hands of the American military.
                If the international community has any sense, they will leave the stargate where it is and continue to build on our BC304 fleet. The more countries that are building ships, the more ships for the fleet and the bigger the chance of defeating the ori.

Comment

I'd much prefer it if the International Community did more research and perhaps build newer ships rather than the 304s. Sure they can take 2 shots before the shields go down (1st hit lowered the shields to 50% as stated by Odyssey helmsman)... but they're still target practice for the Crusaders manning the Ori warships.

Comment

Caledonia and Rand Protectorate, anybody remember those two?

Anyways, I agree with Chutzpah here, less Earth politics please, I'd rather see more interplanetary plots!

Comment

Originally posted by Chutzpah
                      the episodes involving earth politics are interesting as the other countries such as china attempt to gain control of the stargate why can't the sgc just buy the chinese off with a daedalus class ship like they did with the russians.

Comment

Originally posted by generaloneill
                        the episodes involving earth politics are interesting as the other countries such as china attempt to gain control of the stargate why can't the sgc just buy the chinese off with a daedalus class ship like they did with the russians.
                        Yeah, and imagine that they decided to name if after Yu. LOL! I wonder what the SGC's reaction would be.

Comment

Working...
                        X