PDA

View Full Version : Bring back.......

Murchie
March 22nd, 2006, 05:37 AM
Ok so pre - season openers in the sg world usually get a lot of the so called "bring back so and so". Im gonna jump on the bandwagon too :)
What about bringing back anything to do with the chrystal skull and Nick Ballard, for all we know the these so called misty giants, the skull and the pyramid could be related to the furlings.
My little theory is that the writers possibly inteded for that race that created the chrystal skull and the huge pyramid had a conection to the goa'uld ie thats where the goa'uld got there basis for the technology in the first place hence thats why the race that created the skull were so pissed off at them. I think in that ep there was so much scope for extensions, if this race still exist they would be a really good idea in seaking out, for one they had the technology to transport Nick from earth to that world (in my oppinion it was only his mind that was transported..... and you guessed it the ori have that power too). Its a long shot but what do you think?

Murchie

Physicsmoose
March 22nd, 2006, 07:35 AM
Good idea, I do think the Ori coming into the galaxy allows the SGC to go back and visit some old friends, or enemies, and try to convince them to join the fight. As Teal'c said when trying to win the help of the Lucian Alliance, the fate of the galaxy is at hand. With that in mind, there are some more interesting, and potentially more usefull characters that exist in the galaxy that could be of help.
First of all, the Goa'uld technology is almost completely stolen, and their exist few, if any Goa'uld scientists, so far as we can tell, as their population growth is near zero at this point. Also, we understand almost all the Goa'uld technology, or at least know someone who does (tok'ra), and against the Ori, goa'uld tech will be of little use.

However, there are other options. The aliens from the glass skull as you mentioned could be of help, but they were enemies of the Goa'uld, and were not sure what their level of tech is. The first place I would go would be back to the Aschen Alliance. Thats right. Yeah, they tried to kill us, but their no worse than the Lucian Alliance, have great technology, and the fate of the galaxy is at hand. Second, I would go pay the nox a visit. Yes, they buried their stargate, but apperently we can now figure out where a planet is based on its gate address, or something along those lines, and there has to be at least one transport ship lying around that can get there. If the fate of the galaxy is at hand, they have to help, its not like they are the asgard and live in another galaxy. Also, the Re'tu could be of help, with their out-of-phase technology. Finally, go back and check out some of the "lesser known" species, like the Furlings (I have my doubts the dead people in paradise lost are the furlings, most likely humans who ended up in a furling paradise, it is unlikely the goa'uld could have infultrated and destroyed, even with a plant, one of the four great races). What about the Hebridan? Are any of the Tollan still around? (Very unlikely Anubis destroyed all of them, even if he did level their planet). The alien civilization portrayed in "Lifeboat", where are they? The aliens from "The Fifth Man" could come in very handy against the Ori. Linea from season two maybe? she is still out there, right? Finally, The Spirits, those who protect the Salish would probably come in handy...

Again.. just some ideas for season ten. This Ori fight really is for the whole galaxy, unlike the Goa'uld who never had the power or the organization to truly conquer the entire galaxy. I know there are tons of planets, and we most likely cannot find the aliens from "lifeboat" and such, but why not try?

Bragi
March 22nd, 2006, 10:27 AM
Yeah... all that to-do about having Nick stay behind and set up the alliance... and we never hear from them again.

Kinda fell through the cracks.

Physicsmoose
March 22nd, 2006, 11:42 AM
Yeah, for some reason I remember the commentary, or maybe a blog, saying they wanted to bring back the Aschen, I distinctly remember someone saying that our ambassador was definately not dead and will come back... an alliance with the aschen against the ori wouldbe the perfect opportunity

FallenAngelII
March 22nd, 2006, 11:45 AM
Bring back Jonas. Bring back Jonas. Bring back Jonas.

They actually did a "Crystal Skull" connection (and they even mentioned the Crystal Skull and Nick Ballard) in "Athur's Mantle".

Uber
March 22nd, 2006, 11:48 AM
DR. JANET FRAISER

Kanten
March 22nd, 2006, 12:05 PM
an alliance with the aschen against the ori wouldbe the perfect opportunity

I'd say the perfect opportunity for the Ori to wipe them out. ;)

The Aschen are cutting down the number of potential worshippers, sounds like something the Ori wouldn't be too thrilled about.

The Signal
March 22nd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Bring Back Bob!

Amanda Eros
March 22nd, 2006, 04:29 PM
JONAS QUINN!!

Yashiv
March 22nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
RDA.....Never been the same.

Peoples_General
March 22nd, 2006, 04:41 PM
Reetu
Gadmeer
Salish/Spirits
Foothold Aliens
Grace Aliens
FURLINGS!!!
Herbiddians
Serrakin
Oannes
Goa'uld
Crystal Skull aliens
Nox

We're gonna need EVERYONE in our galaxy to defend against the Ori.

the fifth man
March 22nd, 2006, 07:13 PM
...the aliens from "Foothold". I'd love to see us run into them on a mission offworld. Maybe with them trying to infiltrate that world like they tried to on Earth. I'd love to see that.

binkpmmc
March 22nd, 2006, 07:19 PM
SG-1, the TEAM.

asgardcmndr
March 22nd, 2006, 07:31 PM
Bring back:

Nox - I know they're still around but we havent seen them in forever, their help would be great
RDA - agreed...never been the same, but I will say, the new guy does a fine job given the shadow he's in
Hammond - The new general is good, but it's Hammond, he's HAMMOND, can't be replaced
Tollan - they were just staring to like us, now that we have our own ships (ships faster and presumably more powerful than theirs) we may have proven outselves and they may be willing to help us - given that it's a mutual threat I'll prolly be yelled at for saying the Tollan, but I think they were a great potential ally... stupid Anubis

Physicsmoose
March 23rd, 2006, 08:11 AM
I'd say the perfect opportunity for the Ori to wipe them out. ;)

The Aschen are cutting down the number of potential worshippers, sounds like something the Ori wouldn't be too thrilled about.

On second thought, your probably right. What i think I was trying to get at was that we clearly need, at least in the short run until we find a way to defeat ascended beings, an ally who is willing to help us attack the invading ori fleet. I have my doubts about the Asgard, as they never seem to be of much direct help, and just mentioned the Aschen becuase I feel this is a "perfect opportunity" for us to try to convince them to share some tech.

However, from what we can tell, they only seem to be interested in controlling populations of other planets for their own use, I just have to believe that a threat to the entire MW like the Ori has to involve all the pertinent races in the galaxy, hence the aschen, the hebridians, etc...

Enough about these crystal skull aliens, WE KNOW NOTHIHNG ABOUT THEM other than that they hate the Goa'uld (unless im missing an episode somewhere, and someone please correct me if I am). The Tollan? Yeah, they may still be alive, I liked them, their tech would definately help, but theirs probably only about a handful left. Im gonna keep saying this till someone listens, THE NOX! Yeah, they buried the gate, but we know apperently how to triangulate the coordinates of planetsbased on gate coordinates, or at least the Tok'ra definately do. They have the tech to keep an entire floating city invisible! yeah, they probably dont care to much about the galaxy beyond their homeworld, but again, the fate of every planet in the MW is at stake here.

The Re'tu? interesting, but i doubt they care much about anything, as there is a good chance the ori wont even notice them and they really only seem to care about kiling the goa'uld, not saving the galaxy...

Spirits would be cool, but what could they really do other than confuse the Ori (again, i may be missing something, years since i saw that ep)

Furlings! The mysterious race! why not bring them "back", do we even know what they look like? (assuming they were not the dead humans from paradise lost)

Gadmeer? from what I remember they were starting their entire race over again from genetic building blocks, short of cloning, they wont be a significant race for at least a couple thousand years, even if they have some sort of genetic jumpstart program.

Oannes? again, population problems, one member of a civilization wont help us that much, even with advanced tech, and again, if the goa'uld defeated them, they probably wont be much help against the Ori (same goes for gadmeer, and in a smaller way, the re'tu).

Grace aliens? sorry, must have forgotten this one.

some of these posts related to who to bring back are ridiculous, but if were gonna go there, why not....

use the dimensional shifting tech (similar to mirror, or what happened to gates in ripple effect) to find a reality where Mach'ello isnt dead... he would be of help

what about the crystal aliens from season 1? why not, right?

anyway, i guess were only gonna really know in a couple months... cant wait!

Bragi
March 23rd, 2006, 09:49 AM
DR. JANET FRAISER

I agree, in principle... but there's a huge problem.

What do we do with Dr. Lam? I mean... I can think of a few things to do with her..... a few things Michael Shanks has probably already thought of.... But still, it wouldn't be fair to Dr. Lam, or Lexa Doig.

Of course, if they did bring Janet back, I wouldn't complain... in fact, I'd be :jack_new_anime07:..... something like that.

Peoples_General
March 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Grace aliens? sorry, must have forgotten this one.

The mysterious alien ship from Grace.

http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s7/graphics/713_32.jpg

Physicsmoose
March 23rd, 2006, 11:48 AM
ok, season 7, grace... yeah, i dont think we really have any way of contacting those aliens, right? I mean, we dont even really know where they are if im correct?, either way, an alliance, or even bringing them back, seems very unlikely, never know though....

Peoples_General
March 23rd, 2006, 01:16 PM
Well, if those Grace aliens do find their way back to the Milky Way, expect the CGI guys to shrink down the Grace-Ship that way it too will look like a fighter when flying towards an Ori warship. :lol:

Annubis' hitman
March 23rd, 2006, 02:51 PM
We need to bring back all races from previous seasons that can possible help us.
Ive complied a list of possibles.

1.Nox-definately they would own with their shielding.

2.Alien from fire and water- maybe their are more of his species. He seemed pretty advanced.

3.Goa'uld- we know Baal is still out there. Anubis may come back. Possibley other goa'ulds as well.

4.Tollan- Hopefully theres a few left. Who knows.

5.The spirit aliens- they seemed sort of advanced.

6.the reetu- the "out of phase" thing could help alot.

7.Foothold aliens- they were advanced and they seemed to have military knowledge.

8.Crystal skull- they could possible help us seeing as they seemed advanced.

9.The Aschen Confederation- Definite must. Their bioweapons would help out agaisnt ori ground forces and even maybe priors.

10.The Heberdan/Serakians- THey were most definately advanced and have ships we need their help.

11.Kaloneins- We want jonas!

12.Aliens from Revisions and Life boat- They were both advanced human races, we helped out and could help defend agaisnt the ori.

13.Grace Aliens- i dont know how we will see them, but i hope they come back.

Now time for some Unlikey races but id thought id mention um anyway.

14.Lianas planet
15.THe gamekeeper aliens-virtual reality people.
16.Aliens that gave us the naquada generator tech.(Orban?)
17.Aris Boch.(not really serious on this one)
18.The breeders from teh other side.
19.Gadmeer.
20.Momento aliens.

O AND THE BIG 21. THe Furlings!!! Hopefully but not likely in my eyes.

All of these people are semi-advanced and hopefully at least some come back to help us fight the ori in season ten.

:bratacanime13: :apophis:

Amanda Eros
March 23rd, 2006, 04:47 PM
We'll never see the Grace aliens again. Why? Well because in Cooper's question answer thing on Scifi.com. He basically said that that race is called the Shippers, and they were used to have an excuse for the fans to watch Sam and Jack kiss. :sheppardanime31::ronananime28:

Physicsmoose
March 23rd, 2006, 05:35 PM
Seeing a lot of the same names here, some even I put out there.... but lets just go over it one more time.... there are a lot of alien civs we encountered with great tech that actually WOULD NOT be able to help us, even if they wanted to....

1) Goa'uld obviously dont have the tech to defeat the Ori, and were more likely to get ships and supplies from Jafa than the egotistical Goa'uld.

2) Tollans, awesome choice, and as much as I wanna believe otherwise, probably all dead

3) Aliens from fire and water (Oannes), defeated by Goa'uld, and if their tech couldnt handle that, no way they could help against Ori, also, only one known member of population left

4) Spirit aliens, loved them, other than confusing the Ori, prolly wont be of much help

5) Re'tu, interesting choice, one of the more viable ones, I just dont see us being able to convince them to fight another battle after the Goa'uld they have fought for an unkown amount of time are finally defeated (they wanna rest most likely, see the Ori as a not immediate threat... remember the taur'i are only about 10 years into this game, most of the other races have been at war with the Goa'uld for hundreds, if not thousands of years)

6) Grace aliens (see above post)

7) Foothold, good luck convincing them to help us fight anything, also, more of a filler episode, less likely to come back IMO

8) Crystal skull, again, we have absolutely no idea about these guys, for all we know, there may only be one of them, and outside of making us see them by pumping us full of radiation, and the ability to teleport one person between two specific planets, they have little tech available (we learned teleport from the asgard, and I always thought Nick's teleport to the other world back in the day was more mental projection, kind like what we see on Asgard protected planets (when jack meets with the asgard high council in "red sky?"), the ability to teleport between planets literally instantaneously seems impossible in the stargate universe, at least for corporeal beings, even gate travel takes time, be it milliseconds, its not instant)

9) Kalenons? (Jonas' people), other than the naquadria bomb, whats the point of allying with a waring world thats not even at our level of tech. The only one who knows anything among them is Jonas, and I dont think we have to question whether or not he would help the taur'i, i think he likes us more than his own people... PS bring jonas back

10) Lifeboat aliens, not all that advanced, hadnt even masted hyperspace travel, prolly about where we are, theyre ship seems like something earth could come up with in a matter of years facing immanent destruction

11) Revisions aliens, basically tech-less, none have any idea how to operate anything, only possibilty is going back to their dead poisonous planet in order to study the depleted energy source, not worth it, have enough to study with ZPMs

12) The breeders, possibly of some help, again, look at Jonas' people

13) Gadmeer, see my previous post

14) Herbedian, good call, most likely to be of help

15) Aschen, also good call, if we can get them to realize even their planet's are at stake, and we really cant trust them.. also, ethical questions of dealing with such a race (though no more than dealing with the goa'uld)

16) Nox, IMO our best bet.... lest we can find the Furlings

ALso, you struck on a good point with Boch's people, with the Goa'uld now basically dead/in withdrawl from planets/ very weekened, they are going to need some way of procuring their drug, or at least an alternative, they have at least goa'uld tech (though not going to beat the Ori at least better than what we have now) and are good warriors.

Murchie
March 23rd, 2006, 06:43 PM
Murchie again, ok i agree with most of the last post especially the chrystal skull in fact thats what i said at the start of the thread towards the chrystal skull transportation being more of a mental element such as the power of the ori as well. Um yes we do know little about them but consider this the planet where nick was transported to was inside a giant super PYRAMID! and the skull was found on EARTH not just of world (there were two) but the point is that there in it lies the connection to ancient egypt its why i keep trying to link these beings and the goa'uld.

The spirits- yes i think there is great scope there whoever said they could only confuse the goa'uld are far from wrong remember what they did to the humans and before Daniel stopped them they were going to destroy earth so there lies immense power, i get the funny feeling they will be re used because if you think about it, there powers are more consistant with that of accended beings, possibly that they are rebelious accended beings they might of even be condemned to that planet such as the accended being in season one of atlantis the chick that shepard tries his luck with.... its possible.

Oh and my favourite not the furlings or the nox but the..... replicators id love to see the Ori deal with them but in saying that if the acient knowlege has the key to beating em so should the Ori... but there had to be some left in the Orila galaxy mabey they got more advanced!

Annubis' hitman
March 24th, 2006, 02:39 PM
This is responding to the last post.
I actually think we have a chance for the replicators because in the end of season 4 sg-1 finds themselves in an unknown galaxy and the replicators are there. This may be the asguard galaxy Ida or not. If it is then they are gone, but if it was another galaxy theres a chance they could still be out there.

It would be cool to see the replicators again.
:replicatoranime01:

:nox:
I really want to see the nox or the furlings though. It would really stink if we didnt.

asgardcmndr
March 24th, 2006, 04:08 PM
This is responding to the last post.
I actually think we have a chance for the replicators because in the end of season 4 sg-1 finds themselves in an unknown galaxy and the replicators are there. This may be the asguard galaxy Ida or not. If it is then they are gone, but if it was another galaxy theres a chance they could still be out there.

It would be cool to see the replicators again.
:replicatoranime01:

:nox:
I really want to see the nox or the furlings though. It would really stink if we didnt.

yeah, nox are awesome - miss them, and the furlings are long overdue an appearance, but remember the Asgard sent out a signal calling all replicators in the known universe to converge on their home world, so when they were all destroyed in Season 8, I tend to think they're gone. I think seeing them again would kinda be annoying, we already have enough enemies.

Just my opinion

Physicsmoose
March 24th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Responding to Murchie,

Yeah, you know, on second thought, your probably more right about the spirits, been a while since I saw the ep, think i forgot about how strong their powers actually appeared to be, they may actually be a better bet than I previously thought. Good call.

Still somewhat apprehensive about the crystal skull aliens, though you make a good point about the link between the them and the goa'uld, I speculate (only my opinion, not really evidenced by the show) that most of these aliens who have spent the last hundreds or thousands of years at war with (or at least opposed to) the goa'uld are going to be less likely to help us in the short, again, only my opinion.

The replicators are actually a great call, if we could find someway to send them to the Ori galaxy... however, we must think again about the ethical situation here (i find stargate to be a strongly ethical show), we really want to stop the Ori, not necessarily destroy the entire galaxy. There is a resistance movement in the Ori galaxy, no matter how small, and I feel it would be a tough call to kill all the non-combatants in the galaxy, even if they are Ori believers. Do we really have a way to regulate the replicators (not sure daniel can control them unless connected to replicarter, also, he could only stop them for a minute or so if he can), so that they dont destroy every planet but only the Ori and their battleships? As much as the replicators seem like they would work, theres just too many problems.

Arturis
March 24th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Ok everyone is suggesting the Aschen....
they... are... (most probably) DEAD

The gate adresses that were given to them included a black hole (and worse) so they're either ALL DEAD or we'll never hear from them again.

I honestly cannot see why everyone is so obsessed with the Aschen. They were a lousy excuse for a villain and besides, they were just filler inbetween the Goa'uld stories, the main story arc for the first 8 seasons.

They're gone people and since these new writers dislike visiting past stories I seriously doubt we'll see them, the Nox, the Crystal Skull aliens, or the vast majority of these suggestions again. We'll probably be limited to the Jaffa, Lucian Alliance, and the occaisional Asgard and Ancient appearances.

I don't mean to be harsh or offend anyone here, but this is probably the way its going to be.

telpethoniel
March 25th, 2006, 01:23 AM
Skaara, I wanna see Skaara again even if only in flashback, or how about Thor, we haven't seen him in a while

asgardcmndr
March 25th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Gadmeer, I totally forgot about them, thanks for reminding me, totally should bring them back. Problem: their planet prolly doesn't actually have any Gadmeer on it yet, meaning they prolly only have the one ship with unkown weapons :(. Maybe in one ep. we could take a ship, fly over there - just to see what's going on.

oh, and Furlings!

Olli
March 26th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Guess! Because she is the one and only Stargate doc.

:comeon:

LuvsJonasQuinn
March 26th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Bring Back Jonas Quinn!!!

JONeill97
March 27th, 2006, 01:46 PM
JACK O'NEILL
...I miss him A LOT.

// Who are the Gadmeer again??

mckaychick
March 27th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Rda

Viva
March 29th, 2006, 02:38 AM
Someone already mentioned the alien from the Fire and Water episode, but I'd just like to expand on that point.

His wife/partner lived among the people of Babylonia and died to protect them against the Goa'uld. Babylonia, before it was beset by the language split, was at the forefront of learning. Surely she had some sway in this? After the alien get's over being emo about his wife's death, I think he may help. Didn't he say "maybe" to Daniel, or something to that degree?

oh-your-god
March 29th, 2006, 06:00 AM
I'd love to see the Re'tu come back...or maybe even the Foothold aliens. I think I read somewhere that there might be an episode involving them in season 10...but that was probably just a rumour.

lissafoss
March 29th, 2006, 06:11 AM
i always liked the tok'ra, the ones that O'Neill didnt trust. not really evil but not all that god for earth. Del'ak (i think that was his name) that split up the Tok'ra, jaffa alliance. He was nice!

GhostPoet
March 29th, 2006, 10:57 AM
The aliens in the spacecraft in that one episode where Sam is on the earth ship all alone. (episode name?) We never saw the aliens....

asgardcmndr
March 29th, 2006, 02:12 PM
The aliens in the spacecraft in that one episode where Sam is on the earth ship all alone. (episode name?) We never saw the aliens....

The episode name is "Grace", and it's from season 7 - good episode, doubt we'll see them though :(.

ReganX
March 30th, 2006, 05:34 AM
Jack would have been my first choice, but he's already coming back.

I would also like to see

- Janet
- Jonas
- Jacob/Selmak
- Hammond
- Cassie

Metarock Sam
March 30th, 2006, 11:31 AM
I was watching Show and tell today and I realised that we should bring back the Retu or maybe an older version of charlie the tokra who can see retu.
Also I rhink they should also bring back the aliens from scorched Earth.

Cpn. Chris(tine) Bowman
March 30th, 2006, 04:36 PM
JANET! I WANT JANET! *cries*

and Jacob (come on, there must be a way to bring all these people back... I'm willing to overlook stupidly though ways to do it provided they stay).

Rosha (Jolinar's host before the guy Carter got her from), wanna know if she's still around :D, Anise (for continuity's sake), THOR!, Replicarter (chances are she'd make a copy of herself, it's only smart), Harlan, Urgo (heheh), Apophis (Surprise! X-D), Maybourne (can't get enough of him)...