X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis / Ba'al... Probably our only real chance against the Ori

Here I go again.

Would people agree on the following:

1) Anubis would probably be the only Goa'uld that could remotely defend themselves against the Ori. Essentially Anubis doesn't take sh*t from anyone.

2) Ba'al is a lower Goa'uld when Anubis was around. He was the second in
    command essentially.

Ba'al was right about one thing:

- The Jaffa has been fighting each other for a very long time and that they are young in terms of battling an enemy. They require leadership.

Do you think that Ba'al should lead the fight against the Ori? Even though hes the bad guy. I would rather deal with the lesser of two evils. For instance in WWII we allied ourselves with the Soviets, even though we didn't like them at all, and was our enemy.

The Humans (us) we can't really lead a battle against the Ori because we have dumb ass colonels like Emerson who likes to say "Evasive manuvers", and crappy allies that don't really assist us with weapons and ships to battle the Ori (asgards). The Jaffa ships are garbage and can't really take on an Ori ship. And oh yeah. The Lucian alliance only cares about profit and money.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

I think that Oma and Anubis have to stop their mutual cat-fight and try to protect themselves as well as the Milky Way from the invading Ori.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

yeh that is a good idea about the russian in ww2 and now baal in stargate.

and yeh if the jaffa don't find a way to upgrade there ships they will not be of any help unless the SGC find a weapon to disable the shields in the ori ships then the jaffa can be of assistance.

and yes as well the asgards are to busy so they can't help unless in season 10 they wont be so busy and would be able to help.

i wonder how affective the assgard massive ships would be affective against the ori ships?

Comment

The Asgard really don't have a choice...Its a matter of time before the Ori would wipe them out.

Comment

Anubis is a best bet but Ba'al would not be chosen as a leader after all he cammanded the combined forces of the System lords and he used them for himself then later he joins Anubis.
          As for the Asgard if I was in charge of the universe I would tell the asgard to stay out because for the moment the Ori have no clue on where they are and there universe can be used as a safe haven.

Oma no maybe Skar'r after all Danel tried to save them and with Oma and Anubis in a forever fight there is no one tellin them what to do that was the same with Danel but there was Oma to hold him back.
          Come see Kingomon's Stargate stories about:
          Poseidon, the Ancient's King and
          new enemy of the Ori
          At: http://www.stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/

Comment

I cant think of one good reason why Anubis would be brought back or why he would care to get involved. I like Ba'al actually, hes entertaining, but really probably hiding under a asteroid some where right now. I think that he has some knowledge about the Ori that we dont, and will offer it in trade of some sort.

Comment

Originally posted by cbrseadude
              I cant think of one good reason why Anubis would be brought back or why he would care to get involved. I like Ba'al actually, hes entertaining, but really probably hiding under a asteroid some where right now. I think that he has some knowledge about the Ori that we dont, and will offer it in trade of some sort.
              No picture it Anubis appears on a world then he walks to a Stargate but before he can leave the gate opens and a Prior walks out he says:
              Prior: It is time for you to follow the way of Origin
              Anubis: What is Origin?
              Prior: It is the will of the Ori that you obey or die (flings his hand anubis goes flying)
              Anubis: I will show you a God!!! (he uses his power to wipe him out then Oma Appears)
              Oma: Anubis by order of the Acended you have been allowed to use your power on the Ori but if you use it on someone else on purpuse you will be destroyed by the Acended.
              Anubis: why should I help?
              Oma: you will be allowed once done to do what you could as goa'uld

Picture that!!!
              new enemy of the Ori

Comment

From the main season 10 page, sounds like .....
                Spoiler:

"Alan [McCullough] will tackle episode 4 which sees an old enemy rearing his ugly heads."
                Ba'al will be coming back, I don't remeber anyone else who has plural heads (all the clones)
                "The evolution of the brain not only overshot the needs of prehistoric man....

Spoiler:
                it is the only example of evolution providing a species with an organ which it does not know how to use."

--Arthur Koestler

Comment

Ba'al maybe, but first of all Anubis is infinitely locked in battle with Oma, we dont even know if their battle can be stopped. Secondly, I dont think anyone in the universe is even willing to allow Anubis the chance to come back and fight the Ori, cause if he wins, what then? At least Ba'al seems to be willing to negotiate on some terms.
                  However, none of this is relevent

None of the Goa'uld possess technology enough to defeat the Ori, it is clear our only chance in this battle is the weapon merlin created. In ship to ship combat in this galaxy, no Goa'uld, even Ba'al is strong enough at this point to make a descent stand against the Ori. Remember, the Goa'uld are not scavengers, they create none of their own tech, and with zero population growth, there seems to be very few Goa'uld even left, let alone any scientists we know of. We would need someone with much more advanced tech to defeat the Ori, and as helpful as the Asgard are, the Ori seem only interested in human life, so far as we can tell, and i dont know if the asgard really perceive them as a threat in the long run.... I dont know, maybe like i said in another post.. the Nox? Any Tollan left? Aschen?

PS was just watching Reckoning 1 and 2 on dvd, yeah, they should bring back Ba'al, make him important...why? cause cliff simon is such an awesome actor, it would be a shame not to...
                  Last edited by Physicsmoose; 22 March 2006, 06:59 PM. Reason: Cliff Simon is awesome

Comment

Truthfully, I don't think Anubis or Ba'al would be very effective against the Ori. The Ori are simply too powerful. But I would love to see them again. At least I know we'll see Ba'al again soon. Anubis, you just can't tell. Oma and him could be locked in battle for the rest of eternity.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Physicsmoose
                      Ba'al maybe, but first of all Anubis is infinitely locked in battle with Oma, we dont even know if their battle can be stopped. Secondly, I dont think anyone in the universe is even willing to allow Anubis the chance to come back and fight the Ori, cause if he wins, what then? At least Ba'al seems to be willing to negotiate on some terms.
                      However, none of this is relevent

None of the Goa'uld possess technology enough to defeat the Ori, it is clear our only chance in this battle is the weapon merlin created. In ship to ship combat in this galaxy, no Goa'uld, even Ba'al is strong enough at this point to make a descent stand against the Ori. Remember, the Goa'uld are not scavengers, they create none of their own tech, and with zero population growth, there seems to be very few Goa'uld even left, let alone any scientists we know of. We would need someone with much more advanced tech to defeat the Ori, and as helpful as the Asgard are, the Ori seem only interested in human life, so far as we can tell, and i dont know if the asgard really perceive them as a threat in the long run.... I dont know, maybe like i said in another post.. the Nox? Any Tollan left? Aschen?

PS was just watching Reckoning 1 and 2 on dvd, yeah, they should bring back Ba'al, make him important...why? cause cliff simon is such an awesome actor, it would be a shame not to...
                      Maybe Sg-1 can see if they can find Anubis Super weapon plans I'm sure Anubis left some back up plains just in case Oma would Erase his mind or something so maybe Sg-1 can run into another Anubis Lab maybe one with Super Soilders I pcture an Army of Anubis Soilders fireing on the Prior and since they only folow cammands of the creator the Prior would only be able to destroy be cause the Supers wont back down.
                      And Ba'al reminds me to much of Apothis a coward for some reason
                      new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Originally posted by Kingomon
                        Maybe Sg-1 can see if they can find Anubis Super weapon plains I'm sure Anubis left some back up plains just in case Oma would Erase his mind or something so maybe Sg-1 can run into another Anubis Lab maybe one with Super Soilders I pcture an Army of Anubis Soilders fireing on the Prior and since they only folow cammands of the creator the Prior would only be able to destroy be cause the Supers wont back down.
                        Good idea, however, extremely unlikely. Remember, our lead characters are the taur'i, US! There are way too many ethical questions about what you have proposed. As much as it is a great idea, and probably one of our only chances, creating life with such a short lifespan, and who posses no free will, would be a serious afront to everything the SGC has tried to stand for the last 9 years. I think this would be a stretch even for the Tok'ra.

Comment

Originally posted by Physicsmoose
                          Good idea, however, extremely unlikely. Remember, our lead characters are the taur'i, US! There are way too many ethical questions about what you have proposed. As much as it is a great idea, and probably one of our only chances, creating life with such a short lifespan, and who posses no free will, would be a serious afront to everything the SGC has tried to stand for the last 9 years. I think this would be a stretch even for the Tok'ra.
                          This is were your Ba'al comes in to lead the "Army of Anubis"
                          new enemy of the Ori

Comment

Army of Anubis? Which one?

Who let the Dogs Out?

or

Vader Troopers
                            http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
                            http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                              Army of Anubis? Which one?

Who let the Dogs Out?

or

Vader Troopers
                              You caught that huh
                              I wish it was number one
                              but of course its number two
                              new enemy of the Ori