This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Military Tactics

Does anyone remember the ep where Carter needs to help the Asgard, as they have no tactical know-how.
    From the last ep in SG-1, the Taur'i have just become the Asgard, they failed to use Military tactics instead of Technology.
    They should have just parked a ship in the middle of the gate, essentially making an Iris that would stop an event horizon from forming. Another method they could have used, Carter could actually touch the gate in order to put the control crystal in, they could have just sent in a nuke to that specific section, and then the gate would no longer be complete and wouldn't work.
    Another thing they should have tried was for the Asgard to extend their hyperdrive field around the gate and attempt to tow it into a space where they would be unable to lock onto it.
    These are just some solutions that they should have tried, and probably would have tried if it wasn't the last episode of the season.
    "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
    Woman:What
    Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

assming the Spacegate works the same as a normal stargate
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Comment

Originally posted by All hail the USAF
      assming the Spacegate works the same as a normal stargate
      It has been said that it does, just on a larger scale. However to the topic openor.

1) The ship that "parked" infront of it would be destroied by the "sideways flush"

2) The Asgard ship was no where big enough to hual that thing off, if it could an O'Neal could move our moon. It was simply just too large.

3) The nuke wouldnt have worked. The Ha'Tac weapons are much more powerfull than our nukes, and they had no effect.

The problem was that we found this thing too late. We didnt have time to really do as much as we would have liked too.

Comment

I Earth does seem to have switched places with the Asguard.... I know that standing firm usually works, but in this case, standing still just put you in the Ori sights. The Asgard seemed to use tactics, and by the looks of it, lived to tell the tale.

I doubt that an Iris could have been made for a gate that big, and the power that it gives out would most proably render it useless. If a nuke can't destory a normal stargate most of the time, what chance has it got against a supergate!

Comment

Originally posted by GoVols
          It has been said that it does, just on a larger scale. However to the topic openor.

1) The ship that "parked" infront of it would be destroied by the "sideways flush"

2) The Asgard ship was no where big enough to hual that thing off, if it could an O'Neal could move our moon. It was simply just too large.

3) The nuke wouldnt have worked. The Ha'Tac weapons are much more powerfull than our nukes, and they had no effect.

The problem was that we found this thing too late. We didnt have time to really do as much as we would have liked too.
          I didn't mean in front of the gate, I meant directly inside of the gate, as this would essentially mean the gate was buried as there is something in the way of the event horizon forming.
          It isn't as big as a moon, we see the Ori ships, sorry, toilet seats, on the ground in the Ori galaxy, and they fit in a valley, and they seem to take up pretty much the entire event horizon when they come through. Add to that the factor that the supergate is only a ring, it is not a sphere and it is hollow.
          It really isn't that large, even taking the gate out of space time would probably affect it's function.
          I wasn't talking about a Nuke actually destroying the gate, but as it is in sections it would potentially break the bonds between one section and another.
          Another idea I had was to actually pummel the event horizon as soon as it was formed, so it would form a naquada iris, we have seen this before when a meteor hit the gate. Then again, maybe I have an over-active imagination, but these are just as feasible as re-writing the gate's programming.
          "I don't know what Irony means but I use it alot, Ironic isn't it"

"Sure there have been deaths and injuries in boxing, but none of them serious"

Bloke:Fat Penguin
          Woman:What
          Bloke:I just wanted to say something that would break the ice.

Comment

Wouldn't the entire gate have to be covered to acheive the coverstones/burried effect? Think about a regular gate, if you stuck your arm through an inactive gate and then some one tried to dial in, the wormhole would still establish and you'd be killed. Otherwise in eps like TBFTGOG when the Goa'uld dialed in to stop us from dialing out, we could have had an SF stick his arm through it instead of the whole trying to dial out first thing.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Salas1
              Another thing they should have tried was for the Asgard to extend their hyperdrive field around the gate and attempt to tow it into a space where they would be unable to lock onto it.
              a gould cargo ship did that with an asteroid, surley an asguard ship could do it to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                Wouldn't the entire gate have to be covered to acheive the coverstones/burried effect? Think about a regular gate, if you stuck your arm through an inactive gate and then some one tried to dial in, the wormhole would still establish and you'd be killed. Otherwise in eps like TBFTGOG when the Goa'uld dialed in to stop us from dialing out, we could have had an SF stick his arm through it instead of the whole trying to dial out first thing.
                Yes, if I'm not mistaken, the entire Stargate does have to be covered to achieve the buried effect. Anything less just wouldn't stop the wormhole from forming.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

All the Asgaurd would have had to do is take a few pieces away and im sure that would be possible. The problem is the Ori have probably thought of that and can stop it happening.
                  aka paddytehpyro

Comment

the ships allready attacked stargate and they said it had no affect
                    ________________________________________________________________________________ ______

THE 2 BEST SHIPS IN STARGATE!!! GO ASGARD!!!
                    Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                    Anime signature in spoiler tag
                    Spoiler:
                    Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

Working...
                    X