PDA

View Full Version : The Nox??? Come out come out where ever you are!!

All hail the USAF
March 18th, 2006, 05:09 PM
Have The Nox gone the way of the Tollen and just....dissapeared did Anubis wipe them out or...um....whats going on?

All hail the USAF
March 18th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Have The Nox gone the way of the Tollen and just dissapeared? Did Anubis wipe them out or...um....whats going on? WHERE ARE THEY!?! *cries*

Zeek K.
March 18th, 2006, 05:19 PM
Aren't they still just minding their own business on their little planet?

Scyld
March 18th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Have The Nox gone the way of the Tollen and just....dissapeared did Anubis wipe them out or...um....whats going on?

The Nox are currently chilling with the Furlings.

the fifth man
March 18th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Aren't they still just minding their own business on their little planet?

As far as anyone really knows, yeah. Those tree-huggers need to get off their righteous butts and help us out. The fate of the galaxy is at stake, for crying out loud.

GateMan2000
March 18th, 2006, 07:16 PM
TPTB i think are not creative enough to write them into the show.

the fifth man
March 18th, 2006, 07:18 PM

I'd have to respectfully disagree there.:) We may eventually see them again at some point. Anything is possible.

GateMan2000
March 19th, 2006, 07:09 AM
LoL...You may disagree but its the truth.

TjomasC
March 19th, 2006, 07:21 AM
The last few times that we've seen the Nox, they havn't really been that impressed with us. As for help, they'll offer to heal, but never to fight. Although it'd be good to see the constantly calm Nox out talk a Prior...

I hope we see them again, even if its just to say good luck.

Major_Griff
March 19th, 2006, 10:03 AM
I think that with the HUGE threat the Ori pose, the Nox should be able to bend their ways just this once and bring that city-ship of theirs to the supergate and help us out. The Asgard might still have some sway with them (and the Furlings) and get them to help out. We need their help and the only ship in the Milky Way that could defeat an Ori ship is the Nox city-ship.

tofuchef
March 19th, 2006, 10:12 AM
I think that with the HUGE threat the Ori pose, the Nox should be able to bend their ways just this once and bring that city-ship of theirs to the supergate and help us out. The Asgard might still have some sway with them (and the Furlings) and get them to help out. We need their help and the only ship in the Milky Way that could defeat an Ori ship is the Nox city-ship.

your assuming the nox has weapons in the city... when its very likely they don't

jenks
March 19th, 2006, 10:32 AM
I think if the Nox where going to help out in any way it might be in the department of sheild/cloaking tech... if that...

Chaos18
March 19th, 2006, 10:36 AM
the Nox are so ful of them selfs.

they don't fight coz its against there nature.

and they don't share technology shields and cloaking coz we are not as advance ??

well now we are way more advanced then before since last time we saw them that was season 3(i think)

but look at the asgards the asgards are more advanced than the Nox and the asgards shares there technology.

think about it if the nox shares there cloaks our ships will be safer from enemies.

also the nox shields are more superior than the asgards? or we don't know?

edain
March 19th, 2006, 03:17 PM
the problem with the whole cloak thing is we don't know if the priors and Ori can see people with it engaged.

thenimf
March 19th, 2006, 03:18 PM
The Nox just discovered World of Warcraft... we won't see them for a very long time.

edain
March 19th, 2006, 03:25 PM
The Nox just discovered World of Warcraft... we won't see them for a very long time.

Now I don't care who you are that's funny right there

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 19th, 2006, 04:30 PM
the Nox are so ful of them selfs.

they don't fight coz its against there nature.

and they don't share technology shields and cloaking coz we are not as advance ??

well now we are way more advanced then before since last time we saw them that was season 3(i think)

but look at the asgards the asgards are more advanced than the Nox and the asgards shares there technology.

think about it if the nox shares there cloaks our ships will be safer from enemies.

also the nox shields are more superior than the asgards? or we don't know?

The Nox did not say we were not advanced. They said we were not mature. Technology does not make one mature.

We don't know anything about the Nox, even if the cloak is a telepathic ability or whether its technological. We know nothing. We do know that they can bring back their dead without the need of technology in a somewhat similar way to the Priors though they need more then one Nox to do this. We can assume that the cloaking is tied to this ability since when they did try to heal Lya the cloak around the hut faded slightly.

GateMan2000
March 21st, 2006, 09:41 AM
I think next season would be a good time to bring the Nox back into the picture.

jhkplaya888
March 21st, 2006, 09:46 AM
there partyin with the furlings....lolz
________________________________________________________________________________ ______
http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/oneillsmall.jpg
http://www.stargate-tech.net/pagepics/aphosship.jpg
THE 2 BEST SHIPS IN STARGATE!!! GO ASGARD!!!:vortex04:

GhostPoet
March 21st, 2006, 11:10 AM
You know...I think way too much attention is given to the Nox by fans...I keep reading posts like "Bring the Nox back! They'll take on the Ori!" or "The Nox would take them all down!!"

The Nox are probably HIDING. Which is what they do. They don't believe in fighting. (assuming I am remember the right race...the ones that can revive their dead right and have the invisible city to hide in?)

fallenexile452
March 21st, 2006, 11:16 AM
they don't need to fight though only provide the technology. after all we use alot of ancient tech but they themselves don't fight.

GhostPoet
March 21st, 2006, 11:30 AM
There's no way the Nox would give us anything that could be used for military use.

Wedo765
March 23rd, 2006, 09:21 PM
Yeah the Nox would hide, and probalby don't see the Ori as a threat because first they clearly understand how a Stargate works better then we do, as u can tell by that nifty ring they use to activate it and made it seem like they can seal their gate, without burying it, and second as I pointed out in another thread, we really don't know if that was the Nox homeworld, or if they just put up a colony in this galaxy and they, like the Asgard, are from somewhere else, that city they had may very well just be the Nox version of Atlantis

Lonewolf
March 24th, 2006, 08:53 AM
The last few times that we've seen the Nox, they havn't really been that impressed with us. As for help, they'll offer to heal, but never to fight. Although it'd be good to see the constantly calm Nox out talk a Prior...

I hope we see them again, even if its just to say good luck.
Every trooper needs a doctor... thats what the Nox were doctors, ancients were the engineers, furlings were the troopers, and the asgards well they are the politicans. they did well with treaty of protected planets.. so when the furling died there is no one to heal so they closed the hospital.. muhahahaha

P-90_177
March 28th, 2006, 12:10 AM
It would would be cool to see the Nox again. I mean what if the Ori found them with their ships and tried to convert them to origin. The Nox would might have to come to Earth to escape.

March 28th, 2006, 01:47 AM
No, I think if the Nox want to stay hidden, even the Ori wouldn't be able to find them.

Chaos18
March 28th, 2006, 06:16 AM
the Now would be able to fight an ori with there delepathic powers

Vyse
March 28th, 2006, 06:29 AM

Exactly, TPTB no longer have the capacity to write about a race like the Nox. It requires something called intelligence, and critical thinking. TPTB have abandoned that concept completely now, it started with S7.

P-90_177
March 29th, 2006, 12:44 AM
That's rude. TPTB are still brining out great stories. Just because things are a little different you think it's bad.

lissafoss
March 29th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Wouldnt it be fun if a couple of the nox kids broke the dont fight rule and helped us some how. the very young do not always do as they are told! (Or something like that)

Happy_Gate
March 29th, 2006, 07:08 AM
Since the nox won't fight, they should join us and be a medical support group. What with their healing and all.

Peoples_General
March 29th, 2006, 07:54 AM
Does anyone think that the Nox might have a change of heart about their philosophy? I mean they're unwilling to get into fights with the "younger races", but the Ori are older than they are... they might have to make an exception and come to defend us younger races like Jaffa, Earth, Tok'Ra, and etc.

Happy_Gate
March 29th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Does anyone think that the Nox might have a change of heart about their philosophy? I mean they're unwilling to get into fights with the "younger races", but the Ori are older than they are... they might have to make an exception and come to defend us younger races like Jaffa, Earth, Tok'Ra, and etc.

I doubt it. They'll only get involved if nature was somehow being targeted not people.

Peoples_General
March 29th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I doubt it. They'll only get involved if nature was somehow being targeted not people.

Aer you sure about that? They kept people from fighting each other: Apophis and his guards -vs- SG1. Sounds like the Nox are getting involved with the people (targeting each other) to me.

Happy_Gate
March 29th, 2006, 08:11 AM
Aer you sure about that? They kept people from fighting each other: Apophis and his guards -vs- SG1. Sounds like the Nox are getting involved with the people (targeting each other) to me.

yeah, forgot bout that. Maybe you're right.

GhostPoet
March 29th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Here's the thing...

If the NOX gave us anything that could be used in a war in anyway...it would be like Greenpeace supplying fuel for our Army's tanks :P

ThawkTH
March 29th, 2006, 05:07 PM
They could protect innocents, though. That does seem to be part of their philosophy.

Maybe they could wage a philosophical/theological war. After all, they do strike me as extremely wise and amazing thinkers.

So, they may be able to diffuse some Prior abilities (they are extremely evolved...how do we know not moreso than priors?)

Who knows? Heal plague victims? Produce an antidote?

In struggles on such an epic scale, it's extremely small minded to assume that military is the ONLY solution of any kind. At the very least, it's a component. Fighting is not the only part of the equation.

Well, that's what the Nox tried to teach us. That's why they dissapeared in the first place...

We're probably right that TPTB are not in any way equipped to write in such a way. A pity, it being such an oppurtunity.

Peoples_General
March 29th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Just have an several Ori ships obliterate the Nox floating city. That should piss them off enough to get them fighting.

2ndgenerationalteran
March 30th, 2006, 07:59 PM
and yet all of theri peace talk and then they come out slaughtering everything in their way... i think we get ascended help

ThawkTH
March 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM
The Nox may indeed help.

Remember when what's-her-name cloaked an ion cannon for us on the Tollan world? It just came to me!

She wasn't fighting directly, but she did INDEED help us out a lot.

Perhaps they can help in the same way.

I don't remember the ep, nor the explanation, but maybe it had something to do with the use of Ancient knowledge? Or the fact that it would save so many innocents?

If this is something the Nox feel strongly about, maybe they will come out of the woodwork?

---EDIT---
Lya - Lya walked a fine line of pacifism on Tollana, and knows it. The Nox are pacifists in nature, but Lya agreed with Teal'c's plan of hiding one ion canon from the Goa'uld. Perhaps she is simply a realist, acknowledging what the arrogant Tollan would not: that the Goa'uld would likely attack with force. Pacifism does not always mean submitting to the inevitability of violence.

- Episode Guide "Pretense"
---EDIT---

Any ideas :)?

morrismike
April 1st, 2006, 04:36 PM
I'd like to see that nox chick as a regular

AutumnDream
April 1st, 2006, 04:47 PM
I'd like to see that nox chick as a regular

Oh hells yeah. She was totally awesome.

mckaychick
April 1st, 2006, 04:49 PM
which one

2ndgenerationalteran
April 1st, 2006, 10:32 PM
well atlantis floats and sits on land but we havent seen it hover, im guessing the nox are extremely advanced to get their city to do that. and they must have an incredible power source