This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How convenient it is for SG1

Don't you just love how nice things turn out for our favorite heroes? We always manage to find a nice new weapon to turn the tide of battle... case in point:

S7-Chair weapon in Antarctica-"omg the drones go right through Anubis's absurdly strong shields!!!!"

S8-Dakara weapon-"omg the Replicators *everywhere**simultaneously**once-and-for-all* got destroyed by a weapon that a few hours ago we couldn't work, period!!!!"

S9-Anti-Ori weapon-"omg now we can whoop ASCENDED BEINGS! i don't know how (or why) it is even possible to beat an ASCENDED BEING with conventional technology whipped up by those ever-so-useful Ancients, but hey, w00tw00t!!!!"

See the pattern? This is getting rediculous. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still in LOVE with the show, but come on!!! How cheesy is this-now we can defend ourselves against ASCENDED BEINGS!?!?

I think that instead of the "worse enemy, stronger weapon" approach the writers should start looking into an arc where they reveal the SG program to the public. YAY for political and economic strife!!! BOO for cliche sci-fi stories!!!

well about the weapon to kill Ascended beings.

we still don't know if it kills ascended beings as its a prototype etc...

for all we know in season 10 it will show it does not kill ascended beings. and we might need the help of other ascended beings?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos18
      well about the weapon to kill Ascended beings.

we still don't know if it kills ascended beings as its a prototype etc...

for all we know in season 10 it will show it does not kill ascended beings. and we might need the help of other ascended beings?

Did I say kill anywhere?

No. I didn't.

Comment

There needs to be some way to destory the enemy; some form of hope to keep the show going.

Comment

S7- I agree that chair wasnt very convienient

S8-Did they destroy all of the replicators.As I understand it they have destroyed all replicators in milky way.There may still be replikators in Asgard galaxy and elsewhere.

S9-Who said they will find it or even know how to use it?I doubt the writers would write something that would destroy(or as you have put it beat)the ori in an single episode.look at the goa'uld it took them 8 years to overcome their power and they still havn't been destroyed once and for all(Ball).And even if they do that there are still their followers to be dealt with.

(sorry for any spelling mistakes)
          Last edited by Chemp; 15 March 2006, 12:59 PM.
          4 easy steps how to make people hate you
          Spoiler:
          Ignore them
          Spoiler:
          talk bad about them behind their backs
          Spoiler:
          Use lots of spoiler tags
          Spoiler:
          Your name has to be Rihard Gaberšcek

sigpic

Comment

We actually don't know if Merlin finished the weapon or if the weapon still exists.
            http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
            The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

It's a sci-fi show.

If you mention a weapon as many times as they already have, it's either in existence in the writer's minds/scripts/final production, or they have something just a good in the works.

Comment

"S9-Anti-Ori weapon-"omg now we can whoop ASCENDED BEINGS! i don't know how (or why) it is even possible to beat an ASCENDED BEING with conventional technology whipped up by those ever-so-useful Ancients, but hey, w00tw00t!!!!"

If you pay attention to episodes, the Weapons why made by an ancient, BUT was made by an ancient that had once been ascended that re-took human form to biuld this weapons we have nothing to do with it where just trying to find it
                Col. Robert Tovey
                If you wish to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...

Comment

Originally posted by axel3792
                  Don't you just love how nice things turn out for our favorite heroes? We always manage to find a nice new weapon to turn the tide of battle... case in point:

S7-Chair weapon in Antarctica-"omg the drones go right through Anubis's absurdly strong shields!!!!"

S8-Dakara weapon-"omg the Replicators *everywhere**simultaneously**once-and-for-all* got destroyed by a weapon that a few hours ago we couldn't work, period!!!!"

S9-Anti-Ori weapon-"omg now we can whoop ASCENDED BEINGS! i don't know how (or why) it is even possible to beat an ASCENDED BEING with conventional technology whipped up by those ever-so-useful Ancients, but hey, w00tw00t!!!!"

See the pattern? This is getting rediculous. Don't get me wrong though, I'm still in LOVE with the show, but come on!!! How cheesy is this-now we can defend ourselves against ASCENDED BEINGS!?!?

I think that instead of the "worse enemy, stronger weapon" approach the writers should start looking into an arc where they reveal the SG program to the public. YAY for political and economic strife!!! BOO for cliche sci-fi stories!!!
                  It was made by a once Ascended being. Ascended beings have much more knowledge than living Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII
                    It was made by a once Ascended being. Ascended beings have much more knowledge than living Ancients.
                    Still, that doesn't mean that he can create a machine (on our level of existence) that can affect them. He can have all the knowledge he wants, but that doesn't mean that MATERIAL things can affect the SPIRITUAL realm.

Comment

It's happened in season 7 and 8, thats it.

Comment

Still, that doesn't mean that he can create a machine (on our level of existence) that can affect them. He can have all the knowledge he wants, but that doesn't mean that MATERIAL things can affect the SPIRITUAL realm.
                        Ascended beings are not in the spiritual relm. they arent ghosts or spirits. they are energy. energy can cancel energy.

whatever. I guess people have to over analyze everything about the show instead of just enjoying it.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Working...
                        X