PDA

View Full Version : Stargates in the Ori Galaxy?

blueintegraboy
March 14th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Are there any Stargates in the Ori galaxy? None were shown in any of the episodes, but priors were able to come out of them and the pieces of the Supergate are transported via Stargates. Just curious to know how that can happen. Any speculations?

Wraith_Hunter
March 14th, 2006, 02:05 AM
Are there any Stargates in the Ori galaxy? None were shown in any of the episodes, but priors were able to come out of them and the pieces of the Supergate are transported via Stargates. Just curious to know how that can happen. Any speculations?

This has already been discussed!

There are Stargates in he Ori galaxy, otherwise the Priors couldn't have started coming to this galaxy in 'Origin'.

metroid
March 14th, 2006, 02:37 AM
I'm fairly sure the ancients developed the stargate prior to going to the MW

Wraith_Hunter
March 14th, 2006, 02:53 AM
I doubt that they had a single hand in creating it all, the Rings were supposedly created by them, yet we have seen them in the Ori galaxy as well. My bet is that they were created when the Alterrans & Ori were still the same race before the split.

imhotep
March 14th, 2006, 10:19 AM
I'm fairly sure the ancients developed the stargate prior to going to the MW

This is pretty well established as the first Prior used a ring transporter to take Daniel and Vala to the Ori HQ (plains of Celestis).

Also, I believe that Vala was found by Tomin near "the ring of the gods". Now they didn't say for sure, but in SG mythology, the ring of the gods has always meant the Stargate.

tomchris45
March 14th, 2006, 11:25 AM
I'd assume though the ring of the gods would be transporter rings. As she was transported off the cargo ship as a Ring transport matter stream (which would connect to the nearest set of rings).

However there must be stargates of some description, as transport rings don't have a great range, and its been said that the ori control whole worlds, and they must have some form of transport (although could be old fashioned ship, with maybe just one stargate in the ori "City of the gods" can't remember its name.

Prior_of_the_Ori
March 14th, 2006, 05:37 PM
..with maybe just one stargate in the ori "City of the gods" can't remember its name.

Celestis

thenimf
March 14th, 2006, 06:46 PM
Maybe their territories are all so close to one another that they can ring to the different worlds.... and just have relay terminals in space or something... that'd be weird though... a giant ring transport switchboard in space.. haha!

Chutzpah
March 14th, 2006, 07:00 PM
If i had a large group of followers i ruled over with fear of death (fingers crossed) i would not let them have access to a stargate network. I would keep them isolated so they can't form large groups to conspire against me.

the fifth man
March 14th, 2006, 09:47 PM
No doubt, there are definitely Stargates in the Ori galaxy. Otherwise, we never would have had Priors arriving and this beachhead established.

Chemp
March 15th, 2006, 07:44 AM
If the ori know how to build the stargates theres no telling how many are there.My guess is that the stargates are white.Like the rings.
Or maybeyellow.:)

LIGHT
March 15th, 2006, 12:35 PM
rewatch that epsiode closelly, when they show celestis, they also show a stargate...

AdamRLeggett
March 15th, 2006, 01:01 PM
This is pretty well established as the first Prior used a ring transporter to take Daniel and Vala to the Ori HQ (plains of Celestis).

Also, I believe that Vala was found by Tomin near "the ring of the gods". Now they didn't say for sure, but in SG mythology, the ring of the gods has always meant the Stargate.
interesting that Vala was essentially sucked into a Supergate to come out the other end at a Stargate. You wouldn't think that would work well.

Chemp
March 15th, 2006, 02:15 PM

Vala said that tomin found her in the rings.:vala:

jonno
March 15th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Yep - it's almost certain there are Stargates in the Ori galaxy ... something had to connect to 'our' one in Beachead.

I wonder ... would the chevrons be a different colour? (i know - petty question!)