This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Merlin's shop of Mystical Wonders

Any fan of MST3K will remember this horrible Abomination of a film. Ernest Borgnine tries to scare his grandson by telling him spooky stories about how Merlin opened a "Shop Of Mystical Wonders" sometime in the 70's. First a newspaper columnist named Mr. Cooper threatens to destroy Merlin with "A bad Review" until Merlin lets him borrow "The Book" containing Merlin’s spells. Mr. Cooper who knows nothing of Magic uses the spells to destroy himself. The second story in the film involves Merlin's pet toy Monkey floating around town killing people's dogs, plants, and goldfish. The owner of a very 70's looking house tries to bury the monkey but to no avail. If you like a movie you just can't take seriously, this is the one for you. One scene even has Merlin walking down a city street in broad daylight asking people "Have you seen my Monkey".

My suggestion is this: I think the SG1 writers should watch this movie and write some great jokes for the show. Maybe Ernest Borgnine could make a cameo as a character that leads us to the Blood Stone weapon. Or maybe Merlin created another weapon to fight the Priors- in the form of a stuffed toy monkey! The Prior picks up the monkey and looks at it, the monkey pounds it's toy simbols and KABAM!- the 70's guy runs out of nowhere and smacks the prior in the head with a shovel and runs off trying to bury the monkey. Maybe Daniel could find the solution in "The Book" Dododo dododo- or when they destroy the Ori Daniel sighs, and says, "Thanks Merlin" the team then hears a nebulous "Your Welcome" from the funny Merlin voice. That's the way to defeat the unstoppable Ori-WACKYNESS! Hey it worked when the ripped of star wars attacking Anubis's ship. Tell me guys think. what you

Here's a link to more info that might work:
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0174917/
    Last edited by J_schinderlin56; 12 March 2006, 09:41 PM.
    Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Thats just strange. Why wouldanyone wanna do that for SG-1?

Comment

Humor! The one thig that makes Stargate so great is it's ability to NOT take itself too seriously.
      Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

Yeah, but that seem to be to much.

Comment

Originally posted by AscendedWarrior
          Yeah, but that seem to be to much.
          Oh, yeah. Definitely a little too much, for my tastes anyways. Funny is one thing. That would be another.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
          X