This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A theory on the scope of the Alterran and O'ri battle

Thus far we've been looking at the battle between the two factions of this race from only our perspective, the Milky Way + Pegasus with a possible Ida and Furling in the mix.

I just had a massive thought when thinking about the way the Ancients tend to deal with us.

The O'ri and Alterrans are very very very old races. We're talking millions of years old here... I think that in this scenario it'd be safe to assume that it is possible the Alterrans did more than migrate to the Milky Way, what if they colonized a whole bunch of different places(Pegasus doesn't count cause it was the Milky Way folk living there)? I can picture a scenario where a bunch of escape vessels were en route from the war at Celestis and went in all different directions in order to redevelop and reseed life. In the crisis they decided that this was the best way to go because they couldn't risk sending all the escape transports to the same place, in case the O'ri followed them.

Now, the O'ri are very old too, since they're the same guys... in the beginning. Hokai, the goa'uld, after only a few millenia, had conquered almost every edge of the Milky Way. Remember how amazing that chart of known Goa'uld ships looked in Reckoning? There were hundreds, if not thousands of Goa'uld ships. Considering that the O'ri are just as zealous as the Goa'uld were, we can assume that they colonized their own galaxy in much the same fashion. We're talking billions of followers scattered throughout a galaxy far far away.

If we were the only enemy, you'd think they would've set up multiple beach heads in order to send in multiple ships from multiple directions in order to overrun us. The O'ri don't seem to be a patient race, I can definitely see them wanting to get stuff done as soon as possible. As a result of this I reckon that the O'ri are actually invading the other Alterran colonies.

If we assume that there are other Alterran colonies then we suddenly have a very good reason as to why the O'ri only built a single beachhead in our galaxy. This would explain why the Ancients don't consider us to be a very large priority, because their other colonies have been under siege for millenia and they're still holding the O'ri back there.

Now, I realize that the O'ri gave the impression that they didn't even know the Alterrans were even around, let alone having their own little galaxy full of humans. However, I think that this can work with my theory in that the O'ri didn't know that there were surviving Alterrans other than those currently under siege - which is exactly the result the Alterrans were hoping for when they decided to scatter.

I think that the current situation with the invading O'ri will prompt the ascended Alterrans to take action against the fleet currently invading our galaxy.

Also, this ties in nicely with my previous theory thread about the existance of the Ancient Alliance. If the above is true then the reason the alliance existed was for them all to ascend before the O'ri discovered the galaxy, or in case they did. It is possible that the other races in the alliance weren't even aware of the fact that the Alterrans wanted them to ascend. Regardless, this is why the Nox went into isolation. That way the Furling sanctuary might be related to the one in Pegasus where people learn to ascend. Also, this is why the Ancients were creating civilizations, to seed intelligent and civilized life in the hope they'll one day ascend and boost the number of ascended good guys. ALSO, this is where the Asgard messed up because they probably thought that the goal of ascension was too far off for their race and decided to achieve immortality through cloning instead.

It's even possible that the Ascended plane is where the ascended Alterrans eventually regrouped.

I wonder, who can hold back the Ori for a millennia??
    http://www.bentsynapse.net/images/zidane_dethstar.gif
    If only we have Zidane on Stargate.....
    **Mentally replace that deathstar with an Ori ship**

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
      A race that is on a similiar level of technology/enlightenment... like... the Alterrans!! In a few million years they could've easily set-up new galaxies all over the universe while the O'ri conquered Celestis... It'd make sense for this scenario to exist, the scattered nature of the Alterrans would force the O'ri to divide their invading parties, meaning the battles last longer and the Alterrans have a better chance, the distance between galaxies also puts teh Alterrans in a favourable defence position because of the resources the O'ri have to expend in order to get there

It's even possible that the O'ri and Alterrans are currently in a deadlock battle on the Ascended plane that is forcing the O'ri's hand and forcing them to use troops in order to do the actual invasions.

Also, this might be the reason that the other Ancient city was built in The Tower. The Atlanteans may have been hoping to seed another galaxy or to make contact with the other Alterrans. It's possible that the intergalactic journey is so long that nothing short of a city ship can actually make the distance, perhaps even exceeding the life span of an Ancient.

Comment

--S10 Spoilers-----

I've always thought this whole mess was the Alterrians' fault to begin with! They built the Stargates, which first off allowed the Gould to use them to come to power. Then they created the iraus bug which became - The Wrath (Thank you) one spoiler I read on here said that next year we're going to find out that the Alterrians created the Replicators. Now we're fighting THEIR enemy for them? I would think that after all the mess they've made that they would have an obligation to do more than just sit around and EAT PANCAKES while Fat boy Annubius drinks Coffee and brags about how great he is. They created these problems-they should solve them. Then again maybe once SG1 finds the Blood stone they should take out the whole lot of them -Alterrains and Ori, we would all be better off.
        Sheppard's team runs into Kolya on a planet:

Koyla:"That's right Sheppard, I've got you right where I want you. And there's nothing you can do about it. Your plan was flawed, mine is perfect.This time I have a new gotee, and a black cloak. And I know for a fact that anyone would be scared of that. Now give me the ZPM or I'll kill the guy with the dreadlocks."

5 seconds later....

Kolya is hanging from a tree by his underwear.

Wa Wa Waaaaa.....

Comment

We are the ancients, the creators of plot devices and we failed to pay the janitor.

Comment

Originally posted by J_schinderlin56
            --S10 Spoilers-----

I've always thought this whole mess was the Alterrians' fault to begin with! They built the Stargates, which first off allowed the Gould to use them to come to power. Then they created the iraus bug which became - The Wrath (Thank you) one spoiler I read on here said that next year we're going to find out that the Alterrians created the Replicators. Now we're fighting THEIR enemy for them? I would think that after all the mess they've made that they would have an obligation to do more than just sit around and EAT PANCAKES while Fat boy Annubius drinks Coffee and brags about how great he is. They created these problems-they should solve them. Then again maybe once SG1 finds the Blood stone they should take out the whole lot of them -Alterrains and Ori, we would all be better off.

Or maybe the Alterrans really are evil and are actually trying to drain power from us? Maybe it's actually through standing back that they drain power from us, and not from manipulation?

Comment

Originally posted by Imgnryflagdotcom
              We can!
              Come on, Carter! Do that sexy technobabble thing you do so well and save the day!

Comment

Working...
              X