Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stargate following Babylon 5 Ending to the series?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate following Babylon 5 Ending to the series?

Does anybody have a wierd feeling the writers are going todo a babylon 5 ending to the series. Where near the end they have to find the other old races, just like babylon 5, to face the evil ori *shadow*. And then near the end, they have a crappy ending where all of the old races nox ,furlings, asgard, ancients, and ori decide to ascend beyond our relm. Just like in babylon5

Dont think the writers ARE THAT LAME

McKay: Crap.
    Hermiod: What did you do?
    McKay: I just ran it through a translation program. It's Wraith.
    Hermiod: Crap, indeed.

Comment

lol but you have to admit that would be a convient way but abeit lame. It satisfies the old viewers clamouring to end the ancient alliance theme, and ends the ori storyline. Its a rather simple ending.
      Originally posted by nano
      Dont think the writers ARE THAT LAME

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
        lol but you have to admit that would be a convient way but abeit lame. It satisfies the old viewers clamouring to end the ancient alliance theme, and ends the ori storyline. Its a rather simple ending.
        Who is clamouring to end the ancient alliance theme? I dont think I have heard anyone asking for that. I have only heard people asking for more detail on the 4 race allience. Though I have heard people ask for the Ori to just go away permanently.

I dont think Stargate could go that rode. The Stargate Universe is far different from the B5 universe. What made the B5 universe great will mostly not fit in the Stargate Universe. Also B5 did not "end" with the end of the shadow war so when I first read your thread I thought you were talking about the billion years into the future thing or even the 20 years into the future last ep, neither of which the TPTB of Stargate would be capable of pulling off.
        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I consider that the end of the babylon 5 storyline. But you need an ending for sg1 right not the stargate theme. Since atlantis would presumably still run after sg1 is cancelled. Its a diffrent universe but they could follow that roadmap. They have the sg1 people looking for the first ones, I mean ancient alliance, *harkoning back to the first few season*, and then big battle seasons, * harkoning to the midseasons*, and then a dramatic ending, where all the first ones * I mean older races* leave our plane of existence. Everybody wins. You have the ancient alliance, furlings, nox, asgard, and wrapping up the orii storyline. And maybe you could throw in rda.

Originally posted by AGateFan
          Who is clamouring to end the ancient alliance theme? I dont think I have heard anyone asking for that. I have only heard people asking for more detail on the 4 race allience. Though I have heard people ask for the Ori to just go away permanently.

I dont think Stargate could go that rode. The Stargate Universe is far different from the B5 universe. What made the B5 universe great will mostly not fit in the Stargate Universe. Also B5 did not "end" with the end of the shadow war so when I first read your thread I thought you were talking about the billion years into the future thing or even the 20 years into the future last ep, neither of which the TPTB of Stargate would be capable of pulling off.

Comment

I don't think SG-1 will copy the ending of Babylon 5. TPTB will come up with their own way to end this show. One day, hopefully years from now.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

the ending speculated will in my view end up being the forging of a new alliance that relates to the ancient alliance betwen the ancients, nox,asgard and furlings, all of which may be seen by the very end leaving the people of earth aware of the stargate program aliens and space travel.

after fiasco of exposing it to earth it will end with the glimmer of hope that would most likely be picked up for say i dunno a movie or another series set after it or in a future where it takes on a new approch not seen before
              For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

I don't see many parallels between the two. When the time comes I think the writers will come great way to end the show.

Comment

It'll end the way the writers have been hinting at for years, we become the 5th Race, disclose the Stargate Program and become the most powerful race in the Milky Way Galaxy.
                  http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                  The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
                    the ending speculated will in my view end up being the forging of a new alliance that relates to the ancient alliance betwen the ancients, nox,asgard and furlings, all of which may be seen by the very end leaving the people of earth aware of the stargate program aliens and space travel.

after fiasco of exposing it to earth it will end with the glimmer of hope that would most likely be picked up for say i dunno a movie or another series set after it or in a future where it takes on a new approch not seen before
                    Isnt that more like the end of Enterprise than anything? (Although that episode whas a huge disappointment).

I personally believe the only good way for SG1 to go out is with a movie.

Comment

I dont really see SG-1 or any Stargate series to end like B5 which was one long story with definite end. I'm more seeing it to go out like Star Trek with no end in sight as long as series stay interesting.

Comment

well the end of startrek tng was a montage back to the beginning right. Where they revisited the past and the future. Kinda of like what b5 did. I think it would be nice to bring everything to a dramatic conclusion. Bring back rda, the ancient alliance storyline, and somehow finish off the ori. And then allow atlantis to travel along themselves. Sometimes bringing back some sg1 storylines and themes, but making atlantis their own finally.

Originally posted by tsn81
                        I dont really see SG-1 or any Stargate series to end like B5 which was one long story with definite end. I'm more seeing it to go out like Star Trek with no end in sight as long as series stay interesting.

Comment

Are you talking about Stargate SG-1, or Stargate as a franchise? I for one fully expect SG-1 to end before Atlantis does. And TPTB have indicated that they hope for more in this franchise. So SG-1's ending can't be a be-all end-all of the franchise, and can't do anything that would upset the balance in Atlantis too much.

a time to mourn

Comment

Originally posted by mahram
                            Does anybody have a wierd feeling the writers are going todo a babylon 5 ending to the series. Where near the end they have to find the other old races, just like babylon 5, to face the evil ori *shadow*. And then near the end, they have a crappy ending where all of the old races nox ,furlings, asgard, ancients, and ori decide to ascend beyond our relm. Just like in babylon5
                            Thats not how B5 ended...

Thats the middle of the 4th series, there is a B5 section to gateworld mebbe you should check it sometime...

B5 ends with the decommissioning of the station and the Death of Sheridan, Strachzynski is the one who throws the switch to turn the station off...

thats almost 40 episodes after the "ending" you gave...
                            Don't put jam on a magnet

my days of not taking you seriously are certainly coming to a middle

Comment

I dont consider the last season as the actual ending of b5. It seemed like a carry over, especially with the new captain, and going into a whole diffrent route with the psi war thing. The 4th season I would consider the actual end, which wrapped up everything from the movie, to old ones, and all that jazz.

Originally posted by KRiZ
                              Thats not how B5 ended...

Thats the middle of the 4th series, there is a B5 section to gateworld mebbe you should check it sometime...

B5 ends with the decommissioning of the station and the Death of Sheridan, Strachzynski is the one who throws the switch to turn the station off...

thats almost 40 episodes after the "ending" you gave...

Comment

Working...
                              X