This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russian BC-303

shouldnt the russians have a BC-303 of their own built now? they got the plans for it way back at the begining of season six. even with us screwing them over, surely by now they should have managed to build one of their own? even if its not quite as good as ours.

Where would they get the trinium from?

Comment

That's true. We only said that we would give them plans not the trinium. But speaking of a new show. That could be it. The Russian spinoff of Stargate but a space ship show.
      Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

They havent got half the materials needed for the BC-303, they also said they would let the USA fix the cracks in the plans before building there own.

BTW who is Bart meant to be in your sig? IS he a furling?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          Where would they get the trinium from?
          so they make it using titanium or something. do you really think the russians are going to let us not honoring our treaty stop them? the russians can be pretty ingenious and industrious. i think that given the plans they should be able tobuild their own ship, if for no other reason to get access to off world resources we have denied them.

Comment

Theres still the problem of power, they have no asgard hyperdrive so it would take them a while to get some where and they do not have naqadria to power there hyperdrives or nqada generators (even though McKay was sent to help them with it they still have no access to the naquada)

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
              They havent got half the materials needed for the BC-303, they also said they would let the USA fix the cracks in the plans before building there own.

BTW who is Bart meant to be in your sig? IS he a furling?

He is probably Jacob. But I am not sure.
              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

It think it's way to early for the Russians to be building battlecruisers, but they could be working on their own space fighters. As mentioned above, the Russians are pretty inventive, and their "dead" post-Cold War aerospace industry has still been churning out new aircraft over the last decade. It would be reasonable within the Stargate universe for them to build something new.

Could be a nice scene in a season 9 ep: a pair of -302s are settled in high orbit when blips suddenly appear on radar. Before they know what has happened, they've been buzzed by a squadron of Su-47 Star Flankers, who are more than happy to show off their new hardware to the Americans.

a time to mourn

Comment

It's Sci-Fi, anything is possible! But as pointed out earlier - they dont have the resources required. Plus, they would need alot of private sector help and can't involve too many people without disclosing details, although ... it doesnt necessarily have anything to do with the stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1
                    He is probably Jacob. But I am not sure.

We got:

nox, SG1 (daniel, tealc, jack, carter), genral hammond, replicaters, asgard, goa'uld (im guessin hathor and osiris) and president hayes(?)

so it makes sense bart is either a random tokra or jacob

Comment

i thought he was shifu!- the harsisis thingy
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Bart is either Shifu or the asscended guy from Kheb. the clothes are like the ones both character wore and since bart is a kid, i'd say Shifu.

i think the biggest reason the Russians haven't started making their own ships is money. when Col.Chekov was talking the the chinese ambassador, it was the cost of the ships he was talking about. the US was paying billions in development for stuff that didn't really work (i.e, the naquadriah generators) so he thought it was good to wait until the US had finished development before they made their own. the BC-303s aren't even completed yet, new stuff is being developed and designed and if the Russians built their own ships now, before a final production version of the Prometheus is done, the Russians would find their ships out of date very fast

other than being able to do X-302s (which would use normal fuel), there is also the fact that the Russians couldn't power BC-302s. the only power source Earth could give the Prometheus was Naquadriah and i don't think the US military would want to give them that considering Major Davis didn't want to give the russians weapons grade Naqudah for Naqudah generators. even then the power source is still unstable and i don't think the Asgard would give the Russians Hyperdrive engines considering they haven't did anything.

then you have the paranoia. even with the agreement, the US has been trying to give the russians nothing. no Naquadia, no info on the ships they had been developing (until Checkov found out) so the US is either paranoid or just trying to keep all the cool stuff to themselves

sigpic

Comment

as far as naquada goes, i think people forget that the russians operated their own gate program for a couple months before we found out. so they could have brought substantial amounts of naquada back before it was shut down.

also the russians have proven time and again that they have been able to get a lot of classified info from the stargate program, i.e. being able to run their gate program at the same time as ours, timing their dialings so they didnt interfere with ours.

plus they have also managed to get classified materials from our government, i.e. the symbiote maubourne sold them, so who knows what else they've managed to procure from our government.

that coupled with the fact that we GAVE them the plans for the x-302 and x-303, and russian ingenuity, i think they would have been able to build their own ship by now. as far as cost, colonel chekov said they would be able to build the ships for half the cost.

Comment

I think it would be in the sgcs best intrests to let the plans be used throught out all the nations that no of the stargate that way we can start building a proper fleet, instead of the odd ship everynow and again, all thiought the bad thing is it could be used to make ships to fight earths petty disputes
                            Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                            McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

I mean the US gave them the BC-303 plans, so will we get to see the Russians kicking Ha'tak ass?
                              Or what about the Chinese, British and the French? Surely they all got BC-303 plans as well?
                              What should these ships be called? The Deadluski?
                              You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
                              And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Working...
                              X