how would likeit to be a 2 part final??

and except 1hr it would be a 2 part 1hr and 30mins:p

and also hammon could be in one of the ship for the final battle:hammond:

and oneil on the other:jack:

also the rest in diffrent places.

do u think there could be a season 11?

mattbuck
March 12th, 2006, 05:20 AM
There could be. We'll know in December. But frankly, bringing back Hammond and O'Neill would just seem cheap to me - like the way Enterprise ended. If SG1 has to end, I want a proper episode with the current characters.

Stuey1221
March 12th, 2006, 05:28 AM
If anyone collects the SG-1/Atlantis magazine it says in one article the writers were discussing season 15 'around the watercooler' so providing people keep watching it, which i know i will then it could go on for many more years! Personally i hope it goes on and on.. and on, getting better and better. The reason S9's been a bit crappy is cos it was rushed wasn't it? as far as the writers new S8 was the last one wasn't it?

Major Tyler
March 12th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Could there be another season?Yes.

wolverine_nl
March 12th, 2006, 05:33 AM
If anyone collects the SG-1/Atlantis magazine it says in one article the writers were discussing season 15 'around the watercooler' so providing people keep watching it, which i know i will then it could go on for many more years! Personally i hope it goes on and on.. and on, getting better and better. The reason S9's been a bit crappy is cos it was rushed wasn't it? as far as the writers new S8 was the last one wasn't it?
Yes, that was the idea, that's why S8 had an ending episode. S10 will be better cause it is prepared better than S9 (what i think), let's hope so, S9 ended way better than when it began :cameron:

TechnoBoY
March 12th, 2006, 08:03 AM
I personally think season 10 should be the end. The writers should make season 10 as big as possible and end it with a bang. Cause for me the show has been slowing down for a few seasons now.

If they want it to continue they should make another spin off. Something new and different.

Blitz
March 12th, 2006, 08:12 AM
Deffinatly another season

Its a great show, just entering a new stage of its life. I say rock on and love it :D

I agree it would be cheap having Hamm/O'neill in the last ep, mentioned yes, in, no. This is about the current characters, not the old.

The Ori
March 12th, 2006, 08:14 AM
LOL Karec, Seriously tho season 8 was poor, and season 9 in my opinion was poor because there was no massive battles except the end.

And to be honest they were trying to develop the Mitchell character, such as the episode where he had to decide whether to tell his frend what he does, but I don't think it did develop his character, so to be honest it was too I don't know.

But season 9 ended well and peeps are definately gonna watch S10, which will have the furlings and definately more battles against the Ori vikings, and apparently a new ally hopefully not the Lucian Alliance, coz that's a crap ally maybe the Furlings. So it seems that 10 will be better and I think that the next few seasons has to end in cliff hangers so that peeps will watch the beginning of the next-next season. Just like Atlantis.

The Prophet
March 12th, 2006, 08:19 AM
if season 10 is going to be the end.

how would likeit to be a 2 part final??
I'd prefer it to end in a cliffhanger that would be resolved in the second movie, more people would see it that way. :cool:

and except 1hr it would be a 2 part 1hr and 30mins:p
That wouldn't be that bad, I'd prefetr the movie though.

and also hammon could be in one of the ship for the final battle:hammond:
I don't think Don.S.Davis would want to reprise the role again. And as other's have said, it'd be cheap. Anyway landry is amazing himself!

and oneil on the other:jack:
Maybe, he could, emphasise on could, be leading a groundforce against Ori Soldiers. (I need to develo this idea more, it sounds kinda lame).

also the rest in diffrent places.
Nomore guest stars of past characters, they're gone, it'd make the movie/ episodes cheesey

There's a good chance that there will be... Unless the ori kidnap TPTB & convert them into Priors, that is. :D

Yeah, Seson 15! Do you think we'd hace new enemies by then or keep with the Ori?

ThomasDM
March 12th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I hope there will be a couple more seasons.

With season 9 the writers entered a new direction. I like the whole Arthurian legends thing, it's a lot more interesting than the Goa'uld.

Chaos18
March 12th, 2006, 10:40 AM
hopefully the 2ooth episode will be longer than 1hr. like threads

creed462
March 12th, 2006, 11:42 AM
I'm hoping for more seasons, because it would be a flat note to leave off with the Ori arc.

HirogenGater
March 12th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I personally think season 10 should be the end. The writers should make season 10 as big as possible and end it with a bang. Cause for me the show has been slowing down for a few seasons now.

If they want it to continue they should make another spin off. Something new and different.

Don't agree at all. The show seems refreshed to me.

Stuey1221
March 12th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Yeah i agree, refreshed even though it got off to a slow start! like i said, season 9 was a last minute thing so the scripts were rushed, theres been more time to refine scripts for later episodes hence the fact it appears to be getting better

Platschu
March 12th, 2006, 12:32 PM
I hope that the rating will be good (1.6-2.0) without BSG, so the SciFi Chanell will order new SG seasons. If they finish the SG-1, than they will begin a third SG show. :)

TechnoBoY
March 12th, 2006, 02:09 PM
It might be refreshed, yes. I think I just have the dirty taste left in my mouth from most of seasons 7, 8, and 9. Really toned down my expectations on what SG1 could bring.

JUNIOR
March 12th, 2006, 04:19 PM

Yeah I hope it becomes the DR. Who of North American SciFi.

Mackan
March 12th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Imagine if season 9 was the last one. Ending with this cliffhanger we saw... Can happen any season, since the renewal news comes after the eps have been written or even filmed.

stargaters
March 12th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I Know for a fact that if Sg1 have enough viewers in S10 Scifi channel is going to be asking for 40 more Episodes Thats 11 and 12.

So hopefully heaps of people watch S10.

and about season 9 being crappy i don;t think it was i just think that in having the Goauld So long then changing to a More Powerful enemy like the Ori the writers have to make s9 mainly about the Ori and the Lucian Alliance because they are basicly the new Enemys of SGC

also the ship that got destoryed was an Asguard Vessel im Shaw of it. at the end of Season 9

PG15
March 12th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Of course there will be another season.

And another, and another, and another...etc.

the fifth man
March 12th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Of course there will be another season.

And another, and another, and another...etc.

I totally agree. This show could go on for some time to come. And nothing would please this Gatehead more.:)

asgardcmndr
March 17th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Season 9 had to spend a lot of time setting up for the new enemy and a lot of char. development. However the Ori, the return of the furlings, the slow mixing of Atlantis and SG-1, and the rise of the Tauri as a power have given the show many new horizons. Season 9 was a little show I agree, but because of it there's many new opertunities to take the show to a place we haven't seen it go before, I for one am excited.

Season 10 and byond, here I come!

Gen_J_O'Neill
March 18th, 2006, 03:32 AM
hi everyone, my first post, yippie!!!

If im not mistaken, TPTB were thinking about making season 9 the second spin off of the Stargate Franchise. It was going to be called 'Stargate Command'. i believe that if they were considering producing another series, they would have been expecting it to go for a few seasons. Therefore, im thinking that they have a storyline that can continue for a reasonable amount of time.

my hope is that it will continue for another 8 years, if not longer!!!

well, heres hoping!

nodrog
March 18th, 2006, 04:17 AM
Honestly if sg1 would end I would cry lol I love stargate more than I do my girlfriend and that's saying a lot since my girlfriend = sex!

I hope they continue well into the future.

Neutschi
March 18th, 2006, 05:55 AM
Honestly if sg1 would end I would cry lol I love stargate more than I do my girlfriend and that's saying a lot since my girlfriend = sex!

hey everyone can you feel the love ? :)

Nfioresi
March 18th, 2006, 07:32 AM
season ten is most definatley not the last

Jonzey
March 18th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Season 9 had to spend a lot of time setting up for the new enemy and a lot of char. development. However the Ori, the return of the furlings, the slow mixing of Atlantis and SG-1, and the rise of the Tauri as a power have given the show many new horizons. Season 9 was a little show I agree, but because of it there's many new opertunities to take the show to a place we haven't seen it go before, I for one am excited.

Season 10 and byond, here I come!
That's exactly it. Season 9 had a lot of set-up for the future. They spent the last couple of season winding things down and ending plot lines, so now they've had to open some new ones. And now the enemy is in place and we know the new characters a little better and Atlantis is hitting its stride, I reckon season 10 will be even better. There's definately potential for more seasons. And remember- we still have some unfinished plots from earlier seasons- it would be pretty lame if they had one episode to finish all of those in one season, so they can spread them out over the next 10 seasons (optimistic) interlaced with dashings of Ori and other new stuff.

Mattathias2.0
March 18th, 2006, 08:56 AM
SG-1 has years to go...

Everyone should know S5-8 they thought they were being cancelled, so now they are going along developing a story without worrying.

It's best not to compare S9 to S8, because S8 was marking an ending (Goa'uld System Lords, Replicators, Jacob, Pete, etc).

I think S9 should be compared to S1, as they are not dissilimilar.

Mattathias

stargate maniack
March 18th, 2006, 08:58 AM
hellooo....here's the ideea: the goa'uld's were nothing compared to the ORI and it took them 8 years to defeat them....how could they defeat the ori so fast??...it's pure logic

there will be at least 2 more seasons of sg1

:P nothing personal

nodrog
March 18th, 2006, 09:38 PM
hey everyone can you feel the love ? :)

haha I'm a dedicated fan!!

I know this is about sg1 but how long do you think sga will last? Do you think it'll surpass sg1?

asgardcmndr
March 18th, 2006, 09:58 PM
right now I don't feel SGA has the same appeal that SG-1 did at this point in its running, but that's just my opinion. A lot of the people in SGA I really couldn't care less about, and the story line just isn't as strong. I do feel that it has a lot of potential, but if what I've seen so far doens't change, I don't think it can surpass SG-1. I am an SGA fan, and would love to see more of it, but I don't think it's as good as SG-1. Again....just opinion.