This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'new ship design for earth defence - submit designs here'. #SPOILERS#

In my opinion this would be the perfect ship for earths defence/ offence ( research and science will come later, although u can submit them now).

shape: more streamlined like asgaurd ship or the one the goauld were designing in oregon.
    hull: trinium- very tough and we have the resources.
    layout: kinda like an asgaurd but with a promethius feel
    shields: ancient design- salveged from anubises ship/ asgaurd/ atlantis knowledge+ asguard shield as a back up ( imagine 2 shields )
    engines: asguard hyper drive( souped up with ZMP) and seraken/ hebriden ion drives. ( hyperdrive would be intergallatic, atlantis and MW could benifit so wouldbe part of both shows )
    weapons( fun part ): ok so weed have asguard tractor beams, upgraded ion cannons, anubises super weapen redesigned, a battery of rail gun with naquada ammo, some drone weps and anceint chair and a big load of aschen bio nukes- for bombarding a planet.
    power: ZMP + naquadria genergator for backup
    accessories: a small fllet of alkesh, some cargo ships, x 302's, PJ and some gliders. asguard teleporters + rings, a stargate ( got from a disused plant).
    size: huge - would have to be!

For those who will critise this ship is totally a dream, will never happen but would be like the best ship in the history of spaceflight anyway ud still love to see it!
    submit more!
    Last edited by immhotep; 16 August 2006, 05:10 AM. Reason: wrong title
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

heres my go:

shape: Like the Prometheus but more smooth like the Asgard.
    Hull:Trinium of course. Cant that sheen from any other metal. Thicker than the prometheus's.
    Layout: Much like the current BC-303 but on a grander scale with more weapons space. And a bigger F-302 bay.
    Sheilds: Ancient design, retroengineered from Atlantis, Asgard sheild's protecting vital parts of the ship.
    Engines: Ancient or Asgard, which ever is quicker, boosted by a ZPM.
    Asgard sub-light engines
    weapons: Ancient super weapon if could be done or the biggest weapon the asgard have, supported by rail guns (with naquada ammo too), and energy batteries.
    Power: ZPM for the engines and lesser weapons, naquadria generator for the big weapon and several naquda generators for other systems.
    Accessories: 48 F-302's, 2 Squadron of glider and in big casses, two BC-303 support craft. Asgard teleporters, space for a stargate, not nccesarily carry one.
    Size: Asgard mothership o'neill class size.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

good design! kinda like mine, but good all the same
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      11000! green me

Comment

could i have a design for a science vessel please?
        sigpic
        11000! green me

Comment

I'm gona go with a more believable version, instead of your dreadnaughts Something that could be done within a few years

Size: BC-303 + 50% in X,Y,Z. Same hull design as the Prometheus.
          Hyperdrive: Asgard(I really hate riding on the Asgard here, so we better develop our own ASAP!)
          Sublight Engines: Serrakin Ion-Drives and revese-engineered interaless engines.
          Reactors: Asgard Hyperdrive(boo!), Several Large Mk.I Naquadah reactors and a few large Mk.II reactors for battles when that extra power is needed.
          Shields: Asgard(Same as hyperdrive)
          Other: Asgard transporter beams, Ring-platforms. Stargate with Iris and Energy Shield.

Weapons: Two belly-mounted RailGun launchers*, Several CIWS-RailGuns**, Several small missile batteries***, Medium Missile batteries****, Two top-mounted Al'kesh Twin-turrets*****, Unknown Serrakin weapon system(I like their way of spamming green bolts ) on the front side******.
          Fighters: None, that space is used for additional reactors and possibly cargo space.

Other: It would be possible to use the hyperdrive to power shields and weapons due to a complex energy-feeding system.

*: just outside the Inertialess engine. Engines would manipulate a negative gravity together with the electrical current so that the exist velocity would be even higher. Having a Rail-gun lanucher with Gravity allows you to just as easily use plasma instead of solid matter.
          **: Seen in The Siege, part 2.
          ***: Turreted missiles used to take out Gliders at a long distance. Get the Asgard to design a small interialess engines for missiles and we are rocking!
          ****: Same as small only fewer missiles in each battery. Used for a Guaranteed kill on an Al'kesh and moderate damage on Ha'tak.
          *****: Perhaps enhanced by the Asgard? Would provide decent firepower while the Heavy RailGuns are reloading.
          ******: Think Serrakin handheld weaponary only bigger
          Last edited by aAnubiSs; 12 February 2005, 03:39 AM.

Comment

thats a great design
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Well might contain spoilers for stargate atlantis all episodes in season 1 as well stargate sg1 season 8 up to threads.

Spoiler:
              Well have same basic shape as bc303. Probally larger much bigger.
              Same sublight engines as bc303.
              power zpm,2 ha'tak power generators.
              Asgard hyperdrive.
              weapons
              several rail runs.
              several missile bays. Probally 10 like the bc303 has.
              several "felgers photon torpedo weapon" Some of them should to turreted.
              asgard energy based weapon. If power is a ploblem for it simply have have a compassitor(sp) so even a naquidah generator can give power it although it would take time for the compassitor to charge. This is kind based on ancient weapon platform and how it got powered by an 1 simply naquidah generator.

Space mines as seen on seige part 2.
              Also since the rebal jaffa has decent size fleet possible obtain an ha'tak for study or use as an an al'kesh the following weapon.
              Alkesh bomb type energy weapon on bottom.
              ha'tak capital energy weapon.
              an hyperspace missle launcher. Simple it does not add an hyperspace engine on a missile however simply creates a hyperspace window which we could launch missle thru.Even though it does not have hyperdrive the missile would probally enter hyperspace for at least 1/10000 of a second which is all it needs to bypass ha'tak shields.
              20 f302
              http://www.stargatetechworld.com/gif...f302launch.gif

Comment

A much simpler system than a whole new ship would be to work with the asgard to equip a bunch of satellites with asgard shields. Design them so that the shield would overlap and cover all of earth. Except for Anubis(who is dead?), the goa'uld have always had trouble taking down asgard shields. This would buy earth a lot of time for SG-1 to work their magic and save the world...again.

This wouldn't be very affective against replicators. Therefore I would also recommend fitting satellites with the replicator dissolving pulse cannonSpoilers for Gemini:
                but replicarter found a way to neutralize them.

This wouldn't do much for earth's strike capabilities, but they really wouldn't(or shouldn't) be able to crank out enough ships to match the strength of the goa'uld in goa'uld territory.

Comment

ok love the designs, ive came up with a new one that isnt so OTT;

Size: quite large bout the size of the oniel

Layout/ decor: asguard layout with hatak style colours

power: no ZPM, but got a smaller ancient power source yet to be dicovered( possible the PS for the puddle jumpers), plus an asguard generator for shields and weps. also a few naquada generator would be onboard.

engines: inertinless sublight drives, retroengineered from ion drives. hyperdrive is asguard based but got an earth type look ( bit more crude if u know what i mean); can still travel to over GALAXY'S though.

shields: ancient for definite ( have plans from letters from pegasus) and then goauld or asguard bakcup/ protection of vital areas

weps: outpost/chair things( macay has found a way to make more), hatak/alkesh turret weopens, asguard energy beams, seraken energy beams, rail gun batteries, naquada-nude silos, some bombs for bombarding planets ( i was thinking the aschen/tollan things or just some alkesh ones). also the ship can launch steath mines, and replicator disruptor satalites.

inship-ships. a small fleet of alkesh ( 6 ), some fighters of various desgins;
                  all of them jumpers, gliders, x-302's; and some cargo ships.

transportation: asguard beems and rings, plus a stargate( not earths one)

accesories: asguard onboard scanners and computers, tokra comuniators, asguard holograms, tokra internet thing ( wana see more of that).

name: galilayo.
                  Last edited by immhotep; 12 February 2005, 06:10 AM.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by FitzFG
                    A much simpler system than a whole new ship would be to work with the asgard to equip a bunch of satellites with asgard shields. Design them so that the shield would overlap and cover all of earth. Except for Anubis(who is dead?), the goa'uld have always had trouble taking down asgard shields. This would buy earth a lot of time for SG-1 to work their magic and save the world...again.

This wouldn't be very affective against replicators. Therefore I would also recommend fitting satellites with the replicator dissolving pulse cannonSpoilers for Gemini:
                    but replicarter found a way to neutralize them.

This wouldn't do much for earth's strike capabilities, but they really wouldn't(or shouldn't) be able to crank out enough ships to match the strength of the goa'uld in goa'uld territory.
                    i like that idea, ive come up with a variation: know the wepon daniel came up with when the harsisis gave him the knowledge of the goauld; that wepon could be upgraded, retrofitted with replicator disrupters, ancient long range scanners( atlantis ones) and asguard shield to create a planetary defence system that could be both of and de - fensive.
                    sigpic
                    11000! green me

Comment

Attempt number 2:

Shape: Again a smooth Prometheus
                      Hull: Trinium alloy, much like the Asgard
                      Sheilds: Ancient (cant get much better and we have at least one to study) and Asgard/Anubis for bridge, engines, weapons area's.
                      Engines: Again Ancient or Asgard which ever is quicker (we go for the slower model?)
                      Ion drive
                      Weapons: Asgard retroengineered, rail guns for alkesh one hit kill, energy batteries from Memento which orbit while craft is sationary and have fixed positions for when it is moving.
                      Power: ZPM, if Atlantis can make them (makes sense to me), Naquadria Generator for hyperdrive and major weapon, Naquada Generators for all other systems.
                      Support: 16 F-302's, 6 Alkesh or Earths equivelent. Has the capability to dock a BC-303, Puddle Jumper for easy access to Earth, SGC may need modifications.
                      Extra's: Asgard teleporters and scanners (no need for those tags), PG Stargate (quick dialing), long range comunicators ( to contact the Asgard, Tokra and Earth of course), cloaking tech.

Size: O'neill Mothership type size

Name: Baal's Bane

Science Vessel:

Shape: Earth's design of the ship from Grace
                      Hull: Trinium alloy
                      Layout: At the back hyperdrive and sup-light engines & power supply.
                      Middle-Research Area
                      Front-Bridge, briefing/conference room, officers quarters and strorage.
                      Sheilds: Same as above, research area heavily guarded.
                      Engines: Same as above
                      Weapons: Basic defence-Rail guns and gun batteries.
                      Accessories: 8 F-302's, 4 Puddle Jumpers for Land/Space transport of Science Stuff (lack of a better word), Stasis pods, holding cells, research laboratory's, netwroks computer system for shared information throught out the labs. long-range comunicator's, cloaking technology, teleporters and scanners.

Name: Jacob Carter, The Jacob for short (Threads)

Comment

good design.
                        this is my research vessel:

layout: asguard/ earthy look ( more crude s mentioned b4)+ same as above(front middle back etc)
                        size: hatak size - research wont need to be that big and we can make more that way
                        shields: very powerfull
                        weapons: some asgaurd tractor beams for securing ship, for study( good 1 i thought), a batterie of rail guns, replicator satelites and some hatak/ alkesh turrets.and last but not least decent cloaks. not that much compared to the BC.
                        engines/ transportation: an ancient super fast hyperdrive, seraken ion drives. asguard beaming tech + rings + stargate( in my opinion all ships should have a stargate).
                        support craft: pubble jumpers( 36 of them), cargo ships ( remember those!) ( 24 of them), 3 alkesk for a bit extra fire power
                        assecories: asguard cloning/ duplication machine ( the one thor used to create the disrupter), status pods, sarchofagus + very advanced medical/ genetic experimentation lab, ancient computers, long range goauld/ asgaurd scanners/ comunitcations. and last but not least decent cloaks

name: athena
                        sigpic
                        11000! green me

Comment

Nice to see you're making such believeable vessels.

Comment

thanks whats ure design for a science vessel
                            sigpic
                            11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                              Nice to see you're making such believeable vessels.
                              Was that sarcastic or am I just paranoid.
                              Last edited by Keffler; 12 February 2005, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X