This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Supergate Discussion Thread #SPOILERS#

Did anyone see in the article about the TV Guide cover where the release an excerpt from it the goes like this

"From the look of things at the sprawling complex in Vancouver where SCI FI Channel's Friday-night anchor is filming its ninth season, an infusion of new characters -- and a villainous race so powerful it has its own planet-size Stargate portal -- has created a palpable sense of renewal."

What do you think this means will the Ori have a planet sized starate?????

THat just seems a little crazy to me

Imagine what happens when they dial a planet on that thing. The surge that comes out alone could destroy Earth . That's scary...giant stargate of doom and horror .

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

it wouln't work rite without a recieving stargate of the same size. You can't send an astroid though. it just wouldn't work.

Comment

What would happen if you sent like a spaceship through when u dialed earth? Would it shrink? .

I like donuts and good rep . P.S. If you send me good rep, I send it back . If you send me Donuts...I'll...umm...*Silence*

Comment

I think its more like a hyperspace generator except it works like a stargate (stationary) instead of having to accelerate thru hyperspace... so you lock onto the coordinates and dial

Comment

They clearly say stargate.

Comment

There is this game called X2:the threat that uses this princple to travel, your ship goe through this gate thing and end up in another system/galaxy almost instantly, that prinicple could be the basis for this idea; on the otherhand this will be great because any gate that size would need ZPM'( alot of them) to power it! whhich we can just get a PJ and go in clock mode and steal them, yay
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              Stargate : Genesis |
              Original Starship DesignThread
              Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
              11000! green me

Comment

What good is a zpm when they have 80?

Comment

My word, a planet sized Stargate, think of the size the object that would be sent through, if it is meant for a ship, then how massive that ship, a race that could accomplish this would have to be related, or more advanced than the Ancients, no?

Comment

is doesn't say a planet sized stargate, it says a planet sized stargate portal so it probly means they can generate a portal that works the same way as a stargate.

Comment

HAHAHA! Ok picture this: The Ori get all pissed at us and decide to invade Earth. So they dial Earth and somehow prevent iris from closing. They get in their MASSIVE ship and go through their MASSIVE gate. They get to Earth and all that comes through the gate is like something the size of a PJ...with some pissed off Ori/Priors whatever. And SG-1 is standing there in the gate room staring....also RDA makes a rare appearance....
                      O'Neill: Hey nice ship you got there....
                      Teal'c: Indeed...
                      Ori/Prior: Shut up.....

Comment

But in reality yea it's most likely NOT a gate.....unless all the gates in THEIR galaxy are that size....which I doubt. Most likely some sort of device similar to a gate....but not a gate....cause that would be just TOO funny!

Comment

Thats exactly what I think, its designed to work like a gate... but can open a window/event horizon anywhere like a hyperspace generator.

Comment

SHHH! It's a gate. I win . This is reminding me of Halo so much now...Giant rings...plagues...cool enemies...rebellions in the enemies...the whole "extermination" thing.

Comment

probably season nine is the last season and a spinoff with the Prometheus class ships and a space station outside the Ori Galaxy. War breaks out.
                              sigpic
                              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Working...
                              X