This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scariest looking bad-guy starship in any SF universe

What do you think is the scariest looking ship in Sci-Fi?

For me it would have to be the Shadow Vessels from Babylon 5. I think that even the Priors would cr@p in their robes if they saw one. LOL!

-------------
    edit:

They are living ships, made of bio-tech. Their skin markings (spots) move around if you watch the TV show closely. However they're not fully sentient like the Vorlon ships as they use a living being as their CPU. Without this "CPU", they're still alive but incapable of doing ship functions. In other words you can plug a human into one. But if that person was taken out... they're no longer who and what that person used to be.

There's about 2 kinds seen in B5, no difference in design, just in size. One type is 1km long and the other is 2km long.

-------------

Last edited by Peoples_General; 12 March 2006, 05:29 AM.
    http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
    http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Originally posted by God
    Sure as hell got my vote.

Comment

The shadow vessels would definitely get my vote. They were the slicers and dicers of the galaxy, and those shrieks they made sent chills right through to the bone.

As they were single-minded, that made them virtually unstoppable. They would pursue their target relentlessly until it was destroyed.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Reaver ships in Serenity.

Comment

I have to go with Shadows as well.

Comment

Originally posted by JanusAncient
            I have to go with Shadows as well.
            While I never saw much of Babylon 5, I do have to agree that those Shadow ships do look mighty scary. Awesome design.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

The serious answer is the shadows.

The funny answer is the over the top bad guy ship in Galaxy Quest...

Comment

Definitely the shadows. They were just plain scary when i first saw them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                  I'll definitely agree with you there. Shadow ships may be pointy and intimidating, but Reaver ships have freakin' bodies strapped to the outer hull of their ships!
                  Jayne - Ain't logical. Cuttin' on his own face, rapin' and murdering - Hell, I'll kill a man in a fair fight... or if I think he's gonna start a fair fight, or if he bothers me, or if there's a woman, or if I'm gettin' paid - mostly only when I'm gettin' paid. But these Reavers... last ten years they show up like the bogeyman from stories. Eating people alive? Where's that get fun?
                  Kaylee - Shepherd Book said they was men who just reached the edge of space, saw a vasty nothingness, and went bibbledy over it.
                  Jayne - Oh, hell, i've been to the edge. Just looked like... more space.
                  - Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42
                    I'm with you Trek Girl, any Reevers vessel with blood splatterings and body parts strewed all over the outside of there ships is creepy as all hell!.

The Shadows ships were creepy as well.

The Romulan war birds were pretty intimidating as well.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

My votes are for the shadow vessels from B5 and Darth Vader's Executor.
                      In the beginning of empire strikes back when that fleet of star destoyers is eclipsed by that massive shadows. mike aswesome!
                      Captain John Sheridan: [practicing his apology for blowing up a Centauri War Cruiser] I apologize. I'm sorry. I'm sorry we had to defend ourselves against an unwarranted attack. I'm sorry that your crew was stupid enough to fire on a station filled with a quarter million civilians, including your own people. And I'm sorry I waited as long as I did before I blew them all straight to hell! As with everything else it's the thought that counts.

Beta Ray Bill: “ I have battled in the vastness of space and bled in the depths of Hell! Come for me, and you come for death!!!” Omega Flight #5 of 5

Comment

I forgot to mention... in terms of the interior, the Necromongers are rather creepy looking. All those "death" and "suffering" (statues stabbing themselves) themes of the ship. But their ships' exteriors is soo cool looking.

But we've never seen the inside of a Shadow ship.

Comment

It's gotta be the Executor. Seeing the Star Destroyer go from the biggest damned ship ever to being dwarfed by this huge...... monster of a ship was just so damned cool.
                          Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Crap... I almost forgot about these guys. The aliens from Third Space. Here is one of their capitalships/motherships.

Comment

I agree with Kirath...seeing a super star destroyer dwarfing the usual star destroyers, and with Darth Vader it the bridge must be scary...especially if u happen to be in the rebellion

Comment

Working...
                              X