X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charmed Is Ready To End

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index...ory=0&id=34866

As expected, Charmed will end its run with the current eighth season now that its current network, The WB, is merging with rival UPN to form The CW in the fall, a WB spokesman confirmed to TV Guide on March 3. More ...
    sigpic

Well I'm not surprised. Have watched the show from the start and felt that they've really run out of storylines for the sisters. And with them being restricted by the power of 3 they couldn't open up the cast too much!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
      Well I'm not surprised. Have watched the show from the start and felt that they've really run out of storylines for the sisters. And with them being restricted by the power of 3 they couldn't open up the cast too much!

I agree, as much as I once enjoyed Charmed, the show seemed like it ran out decent storylines last season.

Comment

I didn't even bother watching S8. I kinda feel bad now..

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

That doesn't surprise me, about time too.

It should have died a good death about three seasons ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
            That doesn't surprise me, about time too.

It should have died a good death about three seasons ago.
            Yes, it should have. This last season was uncalled for and is dragging the few good things left about the show to a painful death.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Should have been over before it got horrible, then i probably would have been sad now, but im not.
              Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Mmm. I liked the show okay, but I'm not suprised. There's been talk of taking the character 'Billy' and making a new series of it. I dunno... it could be good depending on how they do it. It would give a chance for the Charmed ones to make brief appearances in the future if they wanted to. Assuming they actually do it. Oh well.
                The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Originally posted by Seastallion
                  Mmm. I liked the show okay, but I'm not suprised. There's been talk of taking the character 'Billy' and making a new series of it. I dunno... it could be good depending on how they do it. It would give a chance for the Charmed ones to make brief appearances in the future if they wanted to. Assuming they actually do it. Oh well.
                  I sincerely hope not.... or rather, they can try it but I won't be watching. I'd probably like this season more if she hadn't been in it. Of all things that annoy me most about this last season, she is at the top of my list.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Whether people liked it or not, girls did.. the show was still pulling in 3.9 million and was the 4th or 5th highest rated show on the WB. With those ratings, I would have done another season. But the WB didn't even want to support it THIS season... you can't totally blame some of the storylines, etc. on the cast, crew, or writers - the WB cut costs like you wouldn't imagine, Leo had to go because of that, there were less special effects, more demons were showing up looking like guys wearing black shirts and (lol) capes.

So yeah, I wanted a season 9 grrr.

Comment

With those ratings, and the fact that salaries tend to go up during a show's run it was inevitable that this would be Charmed's last season. I'm not surprised. The CW is looking to the future and Charmed really has run out of ideas.

3 seasons ago? No, 2 seasons ago. Season six. The birth/death of Chris should have been Charmed's swan song. That would have been a perfect note of hope on which to end. Six decent seasons for DVDs and syndication money. After that, I lost interest. There was nothing left to do. Chris was a future I was invested in, but adult Chris was gone and he couldn't plausibly hang around with his own family in the past. Pretty boy though he was, I have to admit Drew Fuller added an interesting wrinkle to the cast. He had a spark and the other cast was better when he was around. Some actors make others better. It's an intangible something. In spite of the sometimes fluffy tone, I was invested in Leo and Chris bonding and in Piper and Chris bonding. I was touched by Chris' concern for Wyatt. When Chris was gone, Charmed should have ended.

Comment

there is a supreme deity!
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Well, all things must eventually end. I guess this is just one of those times.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Shiva
                            Whether people liked it or not, girls did.. the show was still pulling in 3.9 million and was the 4th or 5th highest rated show on the WB. With those ratings, I would have done another season. But the WB didn't even want to support it THIS season... you can't totally blame some of the storylines, etc. on the cast, crew, or writers - the WB cut costs like you wouldn't imagine, Leo had to go because of that, there were less special effects, more demons were showing up looking like guys wearing black shirts and (lol) capes.

So yeah, I wanted a season 9 grrr.
                            I think we are allowd to blame the storylines on the writers because i dont see how budget cuts change the quality of a show. Because Angel had one of its best years with a lower budget in its final season. And what are you talking about with Charmed having a budget cut? It didnt have one! The only reason why Leo was butt kicked out of the show (bless him) was because they were making room for Kayley C and because salaries of the actors increase over the years. Kern even said that they didnt get a budget cut.

And the so called 'demons' that have been showing up with black shirts are pretty much what the show has been spawning pretty much the whole time its been on the air. There were what... 3-4 exceptions on non-human-form demons installed with blackshirts? Ok maybe more, but 2-3 or more, but the only one i can remember was one in season 2 where it consumed people (poor Jenny).

Also, although i didnt like Chris back in S6, i agree he would have saved thes how from horrible-ness.
                            Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Uh-huh...they teased me that last year would be the end too. The 'dog' that this show has become really needs to be put down. I quit watching soon after Cole went away for good. Can anyone tell me exactly which episode it was that they truly "Jumped the Shark"? I can tink of a few that might qualify....

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X