PDA

View Full Version : when will we see the next BC-304?

Dave C
March 10th, 2006, 06:22 AM
in "Crusade" Daniel mentioned he thought another one wasn't due for a year, does this mean we won't see any more till next years season finale or will their be more earlier

BELISKNER89
March 10th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Landry also said in that episode that they made great consessions, which suggests it might be here for tonights ep:)

Blitz
March 10th, 2006, 07:03 AM
We'll see the Korelev tonight which is the Russians new ship, but that will go boom and we won't see any new Earth Bc-304's till mid way through next year probably. So hey, just Daed and Oddy :jack:

Kirath
March 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM
The another won't be finished for another year line was made so that we'd feel what the US was giving up. to remind the audience that we aren't an interstellar power and don't have armies of slaves or dozens of planets to strip mine to produce dozens of giant warships. If the story calls for it they canjust forget that line, or say that with help from the Asguard or increased funding from the international committee they were able to increase production.

marlowe54
March 10th, 2006, 08:29 AM
We are supposed to see the Korelev tonite. I dont think we will see another BC-304 ship in Season 10. Probably won't see another one unless its in SGA. I think this is it for SG1.

Flibble
March 10th, 2006, 11:01 AM
A comment on what will happen in Season 10 on Gateworld says - "although Earth's growing armada should continue to play a significant role in both SG-1 and Atlantis." So, I expect we'll see at least one new ship of some kind in Season 10.

Metarock Sam
March 10th, 2006, 01:29 PM
A comment on what will happen in Season 10 on Gateworld says - "although Earth's growing armada should continue to play a significant role in both SG-1 and Atlantis." So, I expect we'll see at least one new ship of some kind in Season 10.
Yay more ships !!!

deadman
March 10th, 2006, 01:42 PM
perhaps they make more after increased funding from Russia when their ship was blown up like nothing

AtlantisForever
March 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM
lol ye we need more ship's but dosnt the Korelev get destroyed lol? in the first battle :P

Deathshot
March 10th, 2006, 05:56 PM
lol ye we need more ship's but dosnt the Korelev get destroyed lol? in the first battle :P

I doubt the Korelev was destroyed since Mitchell and Daniel were on it.

sindicate
March 10th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Blew up big time

Hawaii_Boy_808
March 10th, 2006, 07:36 PM
SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):

The Korelev put up a good fight (took about 5 hits from the ships) just before it got destoryed.

NakedJehutyV2
March 10th, 2006, 08:19 PM
s10

RalCaladan
March 10th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Only one of them got it. If it was the Korelev, I imagine Daniel and Cameron got beamed somewhere. Between Oddysee, the Asgard ship, and maybe the Orii taking prisioners, they must have been beamed somewhere.

BigBadBob
March 11th, 2006, 05:25 AM

that was funny.

In russian voice: Look at our mighty ship. Brand new. Let's prepare for battle.

BOOM!!!! Col. we're breaking apart.
Well, ****.

talyn2k1
March 11th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Don`t think its necessary but just to stop anyone complaining
Camelot and S10 spoilers:

Meaningless spoiler space

It was the Korolev that got destroyed because the Odyssey is mentioned in spoilers for Flesh and Blood.
I reckon Cam made it to the F-302 and Daniel got beamed aboard the Ori ship where Vala is as he`s on that ship at the beginning of next season but there has been no mention of Cam being on that ship aswell.

Beaming options:
Korolev crew all got beamed across to Ori ship by Korolev
As above, but by Asgard. Although this raises the question...why?
Vala or the Prior aboard the ship had something to do with it.

I have a feeling Kvasir is going to play a significant part in S10. Don`t know why, but they seem to be developing him rather rapidly, far more than they did with Thor. Also he`s spending alot of time with Carter and seems to have a greater understanding of the general situation than even she, although whether this is character development or plot device is a matter of opinion.

Bring on S10!

addition: Forgot for a moment that this was a BC-304 thread :) Yeah, halfway through S10 I reckon. Just hope it ain`t Russian or it`ll get blown up in about 5 minutes.

snake91
March 11th, 2006, 09:26 AM
ok good it was the korelev cuz if it wasnt i was gonna say now the russians have a ship IN THIS GALAXY and we dont and i find that kinda bad

Zeppan
March 11th, 2006, 09:38 AM
as i posted in another thread... i dont think it matters really who has the ship...

i found the russians awfully cooperative.. and if u rewatch the episode.. look at how koralevs commander and crew without question listen to what mitchell and Daniel has to say and do it! Also they didnt open fire until Odyssey gave the order which would indicate to me they understood a clear chain of command rather than being a renegade ship.

I believe the Russians simply want to be in the loop rather than try to Rival the US control of the Stargate problem and its operations

talyn2k1
March 11th, 2006, 09:46 AM
as i posted in another thread... i dont think it matters really who has the ship...

i found the russians awfully cooperative.. and if u rewatch the episode.. look at how koralevs commander and crew without question listen to what mitchell and Daniel has to say and do it! Also they didnt open fire until Odyssey gave the order which would indicate to me they understood a clear chain of command rather than being a renegade ship.

I believe the Russians simply want to be in the loop rather than try to Rival the US control of the Stargate problem and its operations

I agree that it doesn`t really matter whose ship survived, I just wanted to make the facts perfectly clear, that`s all.

The "Just hope it ain`t Russian or it`ll get blown up in about 5 minutes." comment was nothing derogatory to Russians, just an observation that if it comes to blowing up a Russian ship or an American ship in Stargate, the Russian ship will bite the dust every time just to stress why America are the ones with the Stargate.

InUtero
March 12th, 2006, 01:59 AM
I agree that it doesn`t really matter whose ship survived, I just wanted to make the facts perfectly clear, that`s all.

The "Just hope it ain`t Russian or it`ll get blown up in about 5 minutes." comment was nothing derogatory to Russians, just an observation that if it comes to blowing up a Russian ship or an American ship in Stargate, the Russian ship will bite the dust every time just to stress why America are the ones with the Stargate.

It was more like a lucky shot from the Ori. It actually took 2 shots at the same time to penetrate the Korolev's sheilds.

I actually want more nations to be involved in the Stargate programme. I'd love to see an RAF or HMS BC-304 from the British :cool:

Karec
March 12th, 2006, 02:26 AM
I wanna see a swedish BC-304:cameron:
Or at least a Skandinavian BC-304:mckay:

Elite Anubis Guard
March 12th, 2006, 05:11 AM
I thought they where BC303s?

Flibble
March 12th, 2006, 06:08 AM
Beaming options:
Korolev crew all got beamed across to Ori ship by Korolev

Through the Ori shields? If that were possible, then they would have simply beamed weapons onboard all 4 Ori ships in the first place and then it would all be over!

The Prophet
March 12th, 2006, 06:21 AM
Well, since our BC-304s got their butt kicked (so did our 303s) & we've procured some new tech hopefully (did we manage to destroy ANY Ori ships? If so, we could scavange parts from them) I'm hoping we get some BC-305s!

Yeah! BC-305s Yeah! We need better ships. I'm not saying we need them to destroy the or, oh no, i'm saying we need them to get blown up by the ori to prove their allmighty power! Cannon-fodder so to speak. :cool:

Zeppan
March 12th, 2006, 10:24 AM
The BC-304s are fine.. just have their weapons upgraded a little and they will be a pretty powerful ship...

i mean we've got asgaard hyperdrives and asgaard shields.... get us some asgaard type guns and hey... we're not very far from the asgaard ships...

j619pinoy
March 12th, 2006, 10:42 AM
It's time for some BC-305s.

Since we now have access to the Ancients' database in Atlantis, we should start incorporating their technology into our ships...which should make them...BC-305's...consisting of Earth/Goauld/Asgard/Ancient technologies.

Platschu
March 12th, 2006, 12:38 PM
in "Crusade" Daniel mentioned he thought another one wasn't due for a year, does this mean we won't see any more till next years season finale or will their be more earlier
I think that the destruction of Prometheus wasn't so shocking when they had the next week the Odussey. I hope the writers will finish the introducing of new X-304 type ships. I like better the small (and cheaper) spaceships.They could be bring back one puddle jumper from Pegasus to study and build 20-30 middle size ships (as tel'tac, al'kesh) with earth weapons, so than they can be more effective in space battles. :)

freyr's mother
March 12th, 2006, 12:58 PM
I think the better question is, will the next BC-304 have the same crappy weapons as the previous 304's?

nano
March 12th, 2006, 04:23 PM

Think that was for the US allies on earth...
Deadalus - s08e19
Odyssey - s09e16
Korelev - s09e20

So draw your conclusions from that...

nano
March 12th, 2006, 04:34 PM
How many 304s earth has???
read http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=5027721&postcount=325

talyn2k1
March 13th, 2006, 07:38 AM
Through the Ori shields? If that were possible, then they would have simply beamed weapons onboard all 4 Ori ships in the first place and then it would all be over!

That`s a good point, that didn`t even occur. I was just firing out possibilities.

iamafan
March 13th, 2006, 02:27 PM
(first post, woo!)

but seriously... has a BC-304 ever destroyed anything with it's main weapons (not counting beaming nukes around)? I can't think of any times an earth ship (303 or 304s, not counting 302s vs. gliders) has beaten another ship that was equipped with shields or energy weapons, that sort of thing. Seems like it's always "oh, enemy ship, fire rail guns and main missile batteries! oh, not getting through shields? engage sublight engines! offline?? engage hyperdrive, let's get out of here!"

HirogenGater
March 13th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I think the better question is, will the next BC-304 have the same crappy weapons as the previous 304's?
Let's hope not.

deadman
March 13th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that the rest of the ship blew up much like with the Prometheus.

GearheadSG1
March 13th, 2006, 04:48 PM
What about the French... ..Aren't they getting a BC304?

Nahhhh It would go to waste... If they do manage to aquire one.. I sincerely hope they beef up the rear section of this BC304... For the French are known to turn tail and RUN everytime they get shot at...... :ronananime16:

Peoples_General
March 13th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Chinese BC-304s
Russian BC-304s
European Union BC-304s

jenks
March 13th, 2006, 06:33 PM
I wanna see a swedish BC-304:cameron:
Or at least a Skandinavian BC-304:mckay:

Don't count on it, I doubt they even know about the Stargate yet... :p

the fifth man
March 13th, 2006, 07:43 PM
When will we see our next BC-304? Not soon enough is the answer.:( Next season, we definitely have to get our hands on some other ships. Not that they are doing much good at the moment.

coldheart
March 14th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Originally Posted by Karec
I wanna see a swedish BC-304
Or at least a Skandinavian BC-304

Jenks
"Don't count on it, I doubt they even know about the Stargate yet... "

Hi jenks

sure they do I have seen Swedish flags running around at Atlantis. though no Norwegian, Danish or Finnish

fallenexile452
March 21st, 2006, 11:47 AM
i'm pretty sure the asgard have a few tricks for fast ship building maybe with a little help and cooperation we'll get our ships a bit faster or hybrids.

kefke20
March 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM
Chinese BC-304s
Russian BC-304s
European Union BC-304s

i hope for the us that ther also will start produsins ships and start bilding mine colonies, in the futser.

ore we will be overun by the ori

Jarnin
March 23rd, 2006, 03:55 AM
They didn't find a decent location to mine for Naquadah until the episode Enemy Mine (mid 2003). From that, we can assume that construction of the Daedalus began soon after. Daedalus was apparently commissioned right before it left for Atlantis (mid 05), so that gives us a construction time of about 2 years.

With Odyssey being commissioned recently (early 2006), it means that the construction of the Odyssey would have begun sometime in early 2004.

The Korolev was apparently very close to being launched (meaning that it would be named and it's space trials would begin) when it was commissioned by the Russians, which means it was probably started in mid-late 2004. It was rushed into service early however, so it was probably not due for commissioning until mid-late 2006.

From the looks of things, they were starting a new ship every 4-6 months.

Daniel said in Crusade that he "thought the next Daedalus class ship wasn’t due out of the pipeline for over a year", which seems to indicate that next ship was started in mid 2005, and should be commissioned in mid-late 2007.

However, in the episode The Ties That Bind (mid 2005) it appears they cut the SGC's bugdet by 70% and allocated that money to build more ships. This probably means finishing them faster, and building more at a time, but we shouldn't see multiple ships being commissioned until late 2007-early 2008

From the sounds of things, the next ship off the line should be commissioned right around the time of the season 10 finale; convenient timing, don'tcha think?

Oulak
March 23rd, 2006, 04:45 PM
And with the threat that represent the Ori even for the Asgard, let's hope these little grey poeple give our 304's some energy weapons to fight decently. With that maybe we could win a real space battle for the first time in history.

SGFerrit
March 24th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I want to see a british 304. If Russia gets one we should have one too. Plus we did let the US have the Ancient treasure in 'Avalon', and we are their closest allies, I would have thought we would be more in the loop