PDA

View Full Version : Is 10 the final season?

ajgundam5
March 7th, 2006, 07:42 PM
i have heard many rumors thats season 10 will b the final season ... is this true

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
March 7th, 2006, 07:51 PM
No one knows. We will not know until November, when we find out if it gets renewed or not. Please, use the search engine or do some research first next time.

Nalos Surith
March 7th, 2006, 08:06 PM
It better not be, or many may die.

Stevo
March 7th, 2006, 08:34 PM
if it does end atleast we'll have the occasional crossover maybe and maybe daniel would come to atlantis permanetly. what color would he be designated? Red maybe?

Hatcheter
March 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Season 5 was supposed to be the final season, and look what happened.

HirogenGater
March 7th, 2006, 10:55 PM
i have heard many rumors thats season 10 will b the final season ... is this true

I doubt it.

the fifth man
March 7th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Season 5 was supposed to be the final season, and look what happened.

Exactly! Personally, I feel that this show still has a lot of life left in it. I think there are still many good stories left to be told.:)

GateMan2000
March 8th, 2006, 07:11 AM
What it boils down to is ratings. If the show keeps hovering around 1.8-2.0 rating...it will last a while longer.

SGFerrit
March 8th, 2006, 07:24 AM
At the moment the ratings for this season are ALOT better than the ratings for season six, that was the last time we had big cast change, and the ratings were terrible. They picked up alot in season seven though. So far season nine has done alot better than season six, and if previous trends continue season ten should have some of the best ratings yet. (Hopefully) Season six was supposed to be the end (wasnt it?) so was 5, 7, 8 etc... you never know at this point. With the new enemy it is like a tottaly new show, and it deserves more seasons IMHO

Formerhost
March 8th, 2006, 07:30 AM
Exactly! Personally, I feel that this show still has a lot of life left in it. I think there are still many good stories left to be told.:)

This show NOW begins to live and there is a HUGE amount of great stories left to be told now, when Vala entered the scene! :)

npattis
March 8th, 2006, 08:29 AM
This show NOW begins to live and there is a HUGE amount of great stories left to be told now, when Vala entered the scene! :)

Incorrect, Vala will be the downfall of the show.

Metarock Sam
March 8th, 2006, 08:32 AM
At the moment the ratings for this season are ALOT better than the ratings for season six, that was the last time we had big cast change, and the ratings were terrible. They picked up alot in season seven though. So far season nine has done alot better than season six, and if previous trends continue season ten should have some of the best ratings yet. (Hopefully) Season six was supposed to be the end (wasnt it?) so was 5, 7, 8 etc... you never know at this point. With the new enemy it is like a tottaly new show, and it deserves more seasons IMHO
Yeah Full Circle was supposed to end the series. Its why they went back and fought Anubis at Abydos.
Of course the ratings were worse for season six. Why? because of there being no Daniel Jackson. The most beloved character.

The Signal
March 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Incorrect, Vala will be the downfall of the show.
In your opinion. Personally I think she will ruin the show if she acts how she did in Avalon-Beachhead and Crusade, but they will likely tone her chaacter down (its such a shame, CB has great skills to work with, but the character is just too OTT to work long-term)

I think S11 will happen, as will SGA S4, but after that, who knows, though I can see SGA getting S5. There will be no info on it unless sci fi decide before november that it wont et S11, but i dont see it happening.

No body knows, every season since 5 was going to be the last, dont jump the gun, S9 is still running for one more week (dunno about canada but in the UK and USA it has 1 week)

Formerhost
March 8th, 2006, 09:53 AM
In your opinion. Personally I think she will ruin the show if she acts how she did in Avalon-Beachhead and Crusade, but they will likely tone her chaacter down (its such a shame, CB has great skills to work with, but the character is just too OTT to work long-term)

I think S11 will happen, as will SGA S4, but after that, who knows, though I can see SGA getting S5. There will be no info on it unless sci fi decide before november that it wont et S11, but i dont see it happening.

No body knows, every season since 5 was going to be the last, dont jump the gun, S9 is still running for one more week (dunno about canada but in the UK and USA it has 1 week)

It's going to probably surprise you a little bit, but majority of Vala (early season episodes) haters completely fell in love with her after Crusade. She was toned very much much in this episode, that's perfectly enough for season 10.

SGFerrit
March 8th, 2006, 10:26 AM
It's going to probably surprise you a little bit, but majority of Vala (early season episodes) haters completely fell in love with her after Crusade. She was toned very much much in this episode, that's perfectly enough for season 10.

Indeed, I already liked her, but I thought she was excellent in this episode

EmmaPeel
March 8th, 2006, 10:37 AM

Now, how on earth would you know that the majority of Vala-early-seson-episode-haters fell completely in love with her after Crusade? It's a vast viewing audience and I really doubt whether anyone knows what the majority of Vala haters feel. If you're arriving at this conclusion based on what you read on-line, please remember they/we are just a tiny fraction of the viewing audience and don't speak for the whole.

ToasterOnFire
March 8th, 2006, 02:00 PM
Jeez, hello massive generalization. :rolleyes: Replace "haters" with "didn't like her character" (hate is such a wasted emotion on a fictional character) and "completely fell in love with her" with "relieved that she acted like an adult and didn't do anything cringe-worthy for a change" and you've described my reaction to a tee.

On topic, we won't know if season 10 is the last for SG1 until SciFi announces renewal decisions. It happened around November last year, but apparently varies quite a bit.

jazz!
March 8th, 2006, 02:58 PM
...season 10 will b the final season..?
- as was season9
- as was season8
- as was season7
- as was season6
- as was season5
- as was season4
- as was season3......

Even tho earth is light years ahead of in terms of knowledge and tech from 9yrs ago......it should still take atleast a few seasons to defeat the Ori ( and who knows after that? )

Lets hope the PTB (the ones with the money) renew it.

stargate maniack
March 8th, 2006, 03:07 PM
if you think of it it would be kinda weird to be the last season....because they had such a hard time defeating the goa'uld(and it took them a lot of time) and they were nothing compared to ascended beings....it would be stupid of them to defeat the Ori so fast don't you think?

it would totally suck...

i don't think they're gonna find merlin's weapon so fast like they did with atlantis(when they had to defeat anubis etc....)

i don't think s10 will be the last season(hope not)....:D

camulus13
March 8th, 2006, 03:14 PM

stargates gotten too popular. it will most likley have a good numbered season like Law and Order.

LaCroix
March 8th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Oh, I'm sure that Stargate will be re-newed, bat as Skydiver has said many times-- it won't be as SG-1.

TPTB will be able to call it a different name, TNG, Command, Agency, ... etc.

But who knows. Also will the Big 3, after 10 years of their professional lives, will they be up for another year. I, and again this is my own opinion, I would like to see MS, AT, and CJ write/direct/appear in their own projects.

YMMV

markaudette
March 8th, 2006, 04:00 PM
Stargate has a rare format that could afford to allow the show to stay on the air a very long time. And these factors are:

1. There's always going to be a Stargate on Earth (barring some terrible disaster like when Anubis destroyed the U.S.'s gate or a gate being enveloped in lava as in Atlantis' "Inferno.").

2. The U.S., the Russian Republic, China and all the other societies of this world will ALWAYS have a military. And I assume that that even if the Stargate program is made public, the gate will still be in control of a global consortuim made up of Earth's various governments. Where there's a government, their respective militaries follow.

3. As with any military, change is certain and garaunteed. People are always enlisting and retiring from active service. So future Stargate teams will always change and cycle through many members.

4. And even though the world's people won't be able to agree on a single thing as far as the Stargate is concerned, it will be unanimously agreed upon that travel through the gate to always be open and active option.

5. There will NEVER be a time when Earth does NOT need the Stargate.

Therefore:

Stargate SG-1 has all the right combinations of plot points and social pertinance that could allow it to stay on the air indefinitely.

HirogenGater
March 8th, 2006, 04:10 PM
We will all just have to wait and see how the Vala character plays out. Maybe she will only be there for Season 10, we just don't know.

knowles2
March 8th, 2006, 04:35 PM
I am hoping they do not cancel the series. They just invented such a powerful new enemy that they will need at lease four seasons to defeat them,. Also their are so many stories to finish off it still could be hear in five years time. The other thing I say if they are going to cancel it what have they got replace it with, nothing that I have herd of.

markaudette
March 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM
It may be a tall order but if the producers, writing staff and production people are on their game (creatively speaking) and producing good material, then in theory, both Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis have enough material to stay on the air practically forever.

Formerhost
March 9th, 2006, 02:02 AM
We will all just have to wait and see how the Vala character plays out. Maybe she will only be there for Season 10, we just don't know.

Personally I'm hoping for Stargate: Vala spin-off after 10th season, she is so fascinating character and Claudia Black is doing such a great job with it, that they would be totally stupid to get rid of her :D :vala:

The Engineer
March 10th, 2006, 10:44 AM
stargates gotten too popular. it will most likley have a good numbered season like Law and Order.
I really don't know how popular the Stargate franchise is, but I wouldn't mind 16 seasons (at least).:D

FallenAngelII
March 10th, 2006, 10:45 AM
if it does end atleast we'll have the occasional crossover maybe and maybe daniel would come to atlantis permanetly. what color would he be designated? Red maybe?

Er... colour?

sarah_uk
March 10th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Personally I think the show should have finished at the end of season seven, when we still had hammond and Jack and not just Jack, but Jack as colonel and not general. I thought he sucked as a general, simply because he was just too attached to his team. He couldn't make command decisions.

jkmira
March 11th, 2006, 02:16 AM
The addition of mitchell for me was risky because they lost O'neill and gained Mitchell Landry and The Dr. with such a change all at once I was afraid of a jonas quinn all over again. But the transition worked very well. I think the addition created a new dynamic and feel for the show. Vala's turn to the good size only helped matters. These new changes almost gave it a renewed spirit capable of ongoing stories and intrest that could keep SG-1 around for a few more years. Dropping it in season ten (unless they do something terribly drastic like kill off all the original characters) would be crazy especially concidering how well the changes worked out.

Zeppan
March 11th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I agree,

theres totally loads of plot left to tell... and i think this quite rare thing of two shows running parallell (SG1 and SGA) is totally kickass!

Furthermore... There could be soo much more plot milked from the Nox, the Furlings, and ofcourse the Beloved Asgaard.. why not take a closer look at their galaxy IDA...

and we have the ORI who have proven to be a great enemy!

They also have the option of brining back the Tolan's (survivors?) and i bet baal and his clones still has some juice left....and linked to that ofcourse the Tokra

I mean only this is enough for atleast 2-3 seasons of connected episodes... ADD the independent episodes to that.. and we can manage probably 4-5 seasons more atleast..

SGFerrit
March 11th, 2006, 05:45 AM
And then there are SO many other stories they left open for return, The Retu, Daniel's grandfather, Foothold aliens, the Ashcen etc... etc...

There is so much life in this show, season 7 and 8 began to go a little down hill but this is like a whole new start. So many new characters we need to learn about, there is no real reason it couldnt run another 9 years. I also think the original castmembers are having lots of fun, you can tell RDA got bored, but the others seem better now then they did in more recebt seasons. I think all the cast are happy, alot of fans are happy, it's still pulling in ratings(which this season have been ALOT better than season 6) and sci-fi seem happy too. So, yay!

walterIsTheMan
March 11th, 2006, 05:54 AM
Stargate is going to go on for decades like Dr. Who, only changing actors, but never ending:).

HirogenGater
March 11th, 2006, 06:06 AM
Stargate is going to go on for decades like Dr. Who, only changing actors, but never ending:).

I hope you are right.

Thor of The Asgard
March 11th, 2006, 06:18 AM

from your mouth to the ascended =)
or, from your post to their dimansion...

jkmira
March 11th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I also think their is an opertunity to star trek the stargate. By that I mean we now have another galaxy. we may not know the address yet but if they beat the ori in the Milkyway their is an oppertunity for rebellion in their home galaxy. The planets of their galaxy call on us for help. we offer our assistance creat an outpost and wage war on their hometurf. hence star trek a new series is born

mattbuck
March 11th, 2006, 05:40 PM
******* Trek people cancelling Enterprise just when it was getting good.

I have to say that anyone who says season six was the worst simply because it had Jonas is rather narrow-minded. No he wasn't Daniel - he didn't have to be. He added an interesting new dynamic to the team which - face it - five years, it was a bit stale. Yes, I'm glad he didn't stay long into series seven, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the season as having many great episodes.

On the other hand, I do agree that season 8 was a bit of a let down - it again had good stories (The Reckoning, Threads - brilliant) but it was definitely lacking without such a strong offworld element.

Season 9 - I was very sceptical. The loss of O'Neill I thought was fine - Mitchell has shown he's capable of stepping into Jack's shoes perfectly. I didn't like that Vala was there to start with, but by the time of Breachhead I was thinking "how the hell can they remove her when she's the coolest part of the show?" The new guys have breathed fresh life into a great show and for that I'm grateful.

mahram
March 14th, 2006, 09:39 AM
i was just wondering is if this is finally the end? With bsg moving to a unprecendented fall opening, ratings coming down, thought high, it doesnt justify 3 really costly series on cable. So is this the end of stargate sg1 and finally towards feature length movies.

tsn81
March 14th, 2006, 10:07 AM
I consider season 8 to be end of original SG1-series.. But I hope that this second spinoff with Ben Browder in lead will continue another 8 seasons.
But I wouldnt mind RDA and original team to make some movies.

Seastallion
March 14th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I hope not. We'll certainly see though. Sci-fi has only had the show for 4 seasons, so perhaps it will go for a few more years. Many sci-fi shows last for more years, so perhaps Sci-fi will see it from the view of how long they've had it, not how long it has actually run. Hopefully. :)

Formerhost
March 14th, 2006, 10:20 AM
Definitely not. They've started new direction this season and there's a lot of stories to be told. As for BSG, they're starting production on April, I've heard they've finished last season very late, in November, so it would be technically impossible for them to have the first episodes ready for summer premiere. And ratings are OK, let's wait for the ratings of last 2 episodes.

coolove
March 14th, 2006, 01:31 PM
BB adds a very refreshing view to the story. I've enjoyed his presence on screen. I also love the addition of Claudia Black. I wouldn't mind a few more years of SG1 as along as the writing and the characters remained interesting. I also wouldn't mind refocusing the show on different characters.

The Signal
March 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I like Ben, I hate Cam atm, i liked him at the start but since "Collateral Damage" he has been a bit of a dick. Same for CB, like her, liked the character, but hers has no longivity, one season is a little much. Personally, I think it is "The End" but not in episodes, I reckon we will get another season or two, but at the rate of decline (the last three of S9 have been weak) "The End" will occur in S10, after that is the rotting corpse of a formally wonderful show. Of course, it could pick up again (Please God, Allah, Buddha, Apophis any of you, help it get better again:D)

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Why would they end it when they just got 4 new characters to replace the ones that left?

Peoples_General
March 14th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Nope, considering the Ori and Wraith storyline.... the StarGate franchise will still go on.

Chemp
March 14th, 2006, 01:41 PM
Not by a long shot.

Until the writers run out of imagination....

chocdoc
March 14th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Why would they end it when they just got 4 new characters to replace the ones that left?

It would end if the ratings are not good enough to keep the show the air. The ratings for the second half of season 9 are much lower than those of season 8 and somewhat lower than those of season 7. So, it really is alot about the ratings and the sales of season 9 DVDs. I have no idea how those sales will go.

I think the ratings will go up in the last two episodes because the season finales are always very high. So hopefully this will be the case here. If the ratings don't go up for the last two episodes, it would be very surprising.

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 04:51 PM
The ratings for Friday are always bad, but with wrestling then, there would be lower ratings. I have to watch SG-1 and Atlantis at midnight.

marty2006
March 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I must admit i am a vala hater she makes the show very comedic i think.

marty2006
March 14th, 2006, 04:58 PM
she does ruin it a bit but its still a superb show

chocdoc
March 14th, 2006, 05:04 PM
The ratings for Friday are always bad, but with wrestling then, there would be lower ratings. I have to watch SG-1 and Atlantis at midnight.

Not sure what you mean. The ratings on Friday night are not always bad at all. Season 8 had an average of 2.1.

deadman
March 14th, 2006, 06:51 PM
They moved WWE to the same timeslot so I watch the rerun of SG-1 and SGA at midnight.

Giant Blonde Thor
March 14th, 2006, 08:37 PM
Well think about it they are adjusting to what is basicly a completly new storyline most of season nine was them introducing and intergrating the new characters. I think season ten will recover aslong as they remember there are more possible episodes than those having to do with the ori lol

superweapon_salvation
March 14th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I don't think 10 will be the Final Season. I'm going to go and bet another 2 seasons minimum to wrap up the whole Ori conflict. I hope I'm right, I'd be very disappointed if they finished the Ori arc in only a season.

Storywise the writers have many possibilities to go on to keep the franchise going for a long time to come. It just depends on the ratings, such is the nature of TV.

JUNIOR
March 14th, 2006, 11:47 PM
i was just wondering is if this is finally the end? With bsg moving to a unprecendented fall opening, ratings coming down, thought high, it doesnt justify 3 really costly series on cable. So is this the end of stargate sg1 and finally towards feature length movies.

See IMO "The Gates" and BSG are already proven hits in the eyes of the SciFi channel and with all of these new shows that they're pushing (Dr.Who) they're just trying to pair them up with their hit shows in order to draw ratings and get a more balanced line up (ratings wise) than the one they have at the moment. If they put all of their new shows together in one part of the year and still had the Gate/BSG line up in another part of the year chances are less likely that the new shows will succeed so they split them up to draw ratings to the new shows.

Stuey1221
March 15th, 2006, 03:35 AM
I might have missed someone mentioning this, but do you think that if they disclose the SGC to the public, with the threat of the Ori on the way to earth, would that bring on the end of SG-1?
Or, with the wraith on the way do you think a battle will ensue just short of Jupiter or something? I missed the majority of Camelot last night and only saw the battle at the end.

Formerhost
March 15th, 2006, 03:43 AM
It would end if the ratings are not good enough to keep the show the air. The ratings for the second half of season 9 are much lower than those of season 8 and somewhat lower than those of season 7. So, it really is alot about the ratings and the sales of season 9 DVDs. I have no idea how those sales will go.

I think the ratings will go up in the last two episodes because the season finales are always very high. So hopefully this will be the case here. If the ratings don't go up for the last two episodes, it would be very surprising.

If you look at the combined ratings from both 8 PM and 11 PM, SG-1 always was in the first place of all 3 shows. Don't forget there were Olympic Games this year. And people who watched something else at 8 PM came back at 11 PM to watch the episode. I think SciFi takes this into consideration. The ratings have already gone up a little bit for Arthur's Mantle (1,7), so let's hope it's gonna be better for the last two episodes. Fingers crossed... :)

prion
March 15th, 2006, 04:13 AM
Yeah, the writers have a whole world out there but they invariably get stuck in a rut, and that's what's going to do the show in. Boring writing. The thing is that BSG is now Scifi's powerhouse show, so don't count on SG1 being renewed just because it's Stargate. If they can spin off BSG, you can kiss SG1 goodbye. THey're going to go with what pulls in ratings, and hence, advertising dollars.

Formerhost
March 15th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Yeah, the writers have a whole world out there but they invariably get stuck in a rut, and that's what's going to do the show in. Boring writing. The thing is that BSG is now Scifi's powerhouse show, so don't count on SG1 being renewed just because it's Stargate. If they can spin off BSG, you can kiss SG1 goodbye. THey're going to go with what pulls in ratings, and hence, advertising dollars.

But I suppose internationl SG-1's fan base it's big enough to make them think twice before stupidly cancel the show, American viewers are not the only one who count or should count... If the show is doing well in syndication and all over the world I really can't see the reason to cancel it any time soon.

Lieutenant Colonel Davis
March 15th, 2006, 05:07 AM
I hope the go on for another 10 years.

chemicalNova
August 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM
...season 10 will b the final season..?
- as was season9
- as was season8
- as was season7
- as was season6
- as was season5
- as was season4
- as was season3......

Even tho earth is light years ahead of in terms of knowledge and tech from 9yrs ago......it should still take atleast a few seasons to defeat the Ori ( and who knows after that? )

Lets hope the PTB (the ones with the money) renew it.
Thats actually incorrect. They were given 2 initial seasons, and halfway through season 1 they were given upto 4 seasons.

</quoteRDA>

chem

GhostPoet
August 15th, 2006, 12:15 PM
If SG-1 got canned because of ratings...then they would probably make a new series centering on a new crew to take on the Orii.

GreyFox
August 15th, 2006, 01:24 PM
i hope not. live on till season 13

Farscapefan
August 15th, 2006, 02:32 PM

The same here. I hope to enjoy Vala, who is my favourite character on the show, for at least 2 - 3 more seasons.

Famous
August 15th, 2006, 02:47 PM
I also hope the show keeps going for many, many more seasons. The low ratings have me worried(everybody watch!), but it'd be a real shame if they cancelled it as it is, SG-1's still putting enjoyable, high quality episodes on TV, and I love watching.

SMEAGOL2
August 15th, 2006, 05:33 PM
I too want more seasons. I think we all need to write and email Sci-Fi stating that fact. Ratings have not been too great but with that said, there not really really bad...... Could be worse.

Season 11, 12 and 13 please. With that said how about 14, 15 and 16.

the fifth man
August 15th, 2006, 08:42 PM

Lasting until Season 13 would be great. But hell, I'll settle for getting even 1 more season out of this show.:) I just feel that Sci-Fi would be making yet another stupid mistake by cancelling this show. IMO, SG-1 still has too much left to offer.

Mitchell82
August 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM
Lasting until Season 13 would be great. But hell, I'll settle for getting even 1 more season out of this show.:) I just feel that Sci-Fi would be making yet another stupid mistake by cancelling this show. IMO, SG-1 still has too much left to offer.
Agreed. I'd more than love 3 or so more seasons but I think we will all have to live with just 1 more. I'd be fine with that so they can finish off the show without having to rush.

Spacemonkey_Jackson
August 16th, 2006, 01:14 PM

I doubt it. Besides, TPTB have said, they've been ending Staragte since season 5.

Mitchell82
August 16th, 2006, 09:52 PM
I doubt it. Besides, TPTB have said, they've been ending Staragte since season 5.
My 500th post YEAH! I doubt it either. Like you said every season since season 5 has b een the final season. Season 10 is shaping up so nicely, I'd hate to see it end!

MB.Eddie
August 17th, 2006, 08:33 AM
I think that they should do another two seasons of Sg1 at least, as we are still getting used to Mitchell, Vala, Landry and Co., plus it will no doubt take quite a long time to defeat the Ori.

Starxgate
August 17th, 2006, 08:44 AM
It would be great if this show outlasts The Simpsons

tommiekins
August 17th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I really really really hope it isn't. There is so much life left in this show, I want to see it go on for many more seasons, but I would settle for one or two more, at least to finish off the Ori in a decent time frame.

acce
August 17th, 2006, 03:29 PM
It would be cool if the Ori wipe out earth (hoping that Vala stayed on earth), so the survivors must flee!
They could start a new show, while keeping some Sg1 personel, it might interest new viewers! Sg1 is an Old serie, people who do not have the DVD like I do, probably watch it occasionally, so if they missed one season maybe there are not interested in watching a new season!

Anyway... until Atlantis Last for a few years! Bring Daniel and Carter in atlantis!

full.infinity
August 17th, 2006, 03:39 PM
It would be cool if the Ori wipe out earth (hoping that Vala stayed on earth), so the survivors must flee!
They could start a new show, while keeping some Sg1 personel, it might interest new viewers! Sg1 is an Old serie, people who do not have the DVD like I do, probably watch it occasionally, so if they missed one season maybe there are not interested in watching a new season!

Anyway... until Atlantis Last for a few years! Bring Daniel and Carter in atlantis!
Agh, please use less exclamation points.

Mitchell82
August 17th, 2006, 06:28 PM
I really really really hope it isn't. There is so much life left in this show, I want to see it go on for many more seasons, but I would settle for one or two more, at least to finish off the Ori in a decent time frame.
Agreed! I would love 4 or more seasons but I have to be realistic and take what I can get which most likely will be 1 more season. Which is fine with me so they can finish the Ori storyline without rushing it.

DeadSurvivor
August 18th, 2006, 01:13 AM
I Hope Not, I Hope It Goes For A Few More Seasons. Perhaps Mix-Up The Writing A Bit And Maybe Introduce A New Enemy (Not The Ori). The Ori, To Me, Seem Like An Enemy That Is Too Powerful. If I Were Ori, Earth Would Be Under My Control Or Everyone Would Have Been Wiped By My Staff By Now ... A Powerful But Defeatable Enemy, The Ori, To Me, Well ... It Doesn't Look Like We Have A Good Chance Against Them (Merlin's Weapon, OK ... Why Not Use A Technology We Invent?)

SG1majgenOneill6130
August 21st, 2006, 02:18 PM
if season 10 is the last season, which i hope its not, the writters may have to rewrite some of the scripts and then in like the last few episodes, the team has to find the ori weapon or the ori may come to earth and destroy it convert it :jack_new_anime05:

Skydiver
August 21st, 2006, 02:19 PM
it is the last season

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml

SG1majgenOneill6130
August 21st, 2006, 02:39 PM
son of a B#$%^
they cant do this to us

slammed
August 21st, 2006, 02:48 PM
well this sucks, on the brightside they will pick up the pace now, on the down side umm its going to be rushed and probably suck.

SG1majgenOneill6130
August 21st, 2006, 02:50 PM
well this sucks, on the brightside they will pick up the pace now, on the down side umm its going to be rushed and probably suck.
gah im pissed

the fifth man
August 21st, 2006, 02:59 PM
Apparently 10 is it. Idiots at Sci-Fi. They all deserve to suffer for this. I hope that channel tanks.

Wraith23
August 21st, 2006, 03:41 PM
http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/08/istargate_sg-1i_cancelled_iatlan.shtml
They will pay for this!!!! :wraith34:

Wraith23
August 21st, 2006, 03:48 PM
Im very angry!!!

mburrows
August 21st, 2006, 04:10 PM
Season 10 will most likely be the last season on the SciFi unless people get the ratings up a lot and scifi absolutly wants it back, but hopefully it will be put on another network(one that isnt one you have to pay extra for...e.g showtime, starz, hbo, playboy(lol), etc)

tommiekins
August 21st, 2006, 04:14 PM
I'm very angry too, they wouldn't even give the show an eleventh season to wrap things up in a decent time frame, after everything the show did for the channel. Humph.

kyriakos
August 21st, 2006, 04:20 PM
what are the chances of the show being picked up by another channel? or is this decision made by the franchise owners?

oh well I wont need scifi channel after this..

unknown.entity
August 21st, 2006, 04:24 PM
Apparently 10 is it. Idiots at Sci-Fi. They all deserve to suffer for this. I hope that channel tanks.
Just because SciFi isn't going to be airing SG-1 anymore doesn't mean that season 10 is the end. It just means MGM will have to find another provider. What is everyone so angry about? Its not the end of SG-1, its just a delay on when we will see the episodes.

:ronon:

tommiekins
August 21st, 2006, 04:39 PM
Just because SciFi isn't going to be airing SG-1 anymore doesn't mean that season 10 is the end. It just means MGM will have to find another provider. What is everyone so angry about? Its not the end of SG-1, its just a delay on when we will see the episodes.

:ronon:

I certainly hope your right that another channel will pick it up. There's a few out there, and I think I read somewhere that the new showtime president said he'd like it back *-). I dunno. I think for the moment we have to settle for knowing that MGM don't want to let it die!

Also, if I'm correct in thinking that if a channel picks it up they have to buy the rights to all the old episodes, Showtime would only have to buy the right for seasons 6-10? seeing as they originally aired 1-5? all speculation here folks.

Prior_of_the_Ori
August 21st, 2006, 04:41 PM
Well from what I have heard and seen the network hasnt really done the show any favour recently what with the lack of advertisements and that whole 'second half starting in august' fiasco its all kind of done a negative on SG-1. Personally, I would have thought they would have at least given them season 11 just to end the show, now its either going to be rushed with the Ori not given the ending they deserve or just on a cliffhanger until a movie or new show takes over. I personally hope it gets renewed either through fan support or picked up by another network for at least another season or two max. But anyway.

SMEAGOL2
August 21st, 2006, 05:07 PM
I am writing to Sci-Fi to let them know that I think thats a big mistake to cancel the show. I think everyone should do the same.

I am so angry and upset its not even funny.

My luck it will be picked up again by Show Time and I dont get that channel.

Xanderic
August 21st, 2006, 05:11 PM
God Dam Sci-fi To Hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Arghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

everyone Start Watching Stargate On Sci-fi For The Next Four Episodes And Get The Ratings Back Up!!!!!

SMEAGOL2
August 21st, 2006, 05:13 PM
I agree. We all need to watch Stargate now more then ever. OMG I am so sad

Splitsecond
August 21st, 2006, 05:42 PM
hopefully Sky One in the UK tries to save SG-1, like they tried to do with Angel, by offering an American network half of the costs to keep it running, shame no one took them up on the offer to save Angel.

SG-1 will probably join the list of wrongly cancelled shows like family guy, dr who and firefly. it will make a comeback and i bet sci-fi will try to get it back when it does

full.infinity
August 21st, 2006, 05:49 PM
hopefully Sky One in the UK tries to save SG-1, like they tried to do with Angel, by offering an American network half of the costs to keep it running, shame no one took them up on the offer to save Angel.

SG-1 will probably join the list of wrongly cancelled shows like family guy, dr who and firefly. it will make a comeback and i bet sci-fi will try to get it back when it does
Doctor Who was wrongly canceled? Did you misspell "Farscape"?

Splitsecond
August 21st, 2006, 05:58 PM
wrongly cancelled, as in brought back afterwards, and yes farscape should be included to the list. doctor who was cancelled by the BBC after decades of being on air, then it was brought back and cancelled and brought back and cancelled and now its back again

The.Prior.of.The.Ori
August 21st, 2006, 06:03 PM
what are the chances of the show being picked up by another channel? or is this decision made by the franchise owners?

oh well I wont need scifi channel after this..
as of right now, they are trying to make it seem like only SG-1 is getting the shaft, but i look at it this way.... do you think the writers are really gonna let their creations be divided? i'd be surprised if they did, if sg-1 the flagship gets moved, i bet atlantis goes with it just out of a.."you dont need sg-1, then you dont need atlantis, we can do better elsewhere" retaliation. but because of the news is spreading fast about it being cancled, i dont know if any ther network would want to pick it up.... i mean sg-1 .. its a sci fi show, it should stay on sci fi. it would be out of place on a network like spike or G4 or any other network. Sci Fi has signed their networks death with this move

sgafansam
August 21st, 2006, 06:26 PM
complete BS

NOtice how they say to watch the show LIVE.....Lets see...scifi channel attracts generally people familar with tech.....alot of us have DVRs and they say the ratings are low.........if they would count the tivoed and recorded eps it would be sky high.

Oh people of scifi.......you dont know what youve done....youve just pissed off your WHOLE viewer base.

Skydiver
August 21st, 2006, 06:32 PM
guys

since the question has been answered, we have a thriving thread in the news forum about this topic so i'm gonna close this one and invite you to take your discussion over there

ReganX
August 21st, 2006, 06:39 PM
do you think the writers are really gonna let their creations be divided? i'd be surprised if they did, if sg-1 the flagship gets moved, i bet atlantis goes with it just out of a.."you dont need sg-1, then you dont need atlantis, we can do better elsewhere" retaliation.

They may not have that option, not if the Sci-Fi channel has contracted Atlantis for the next season.

full.infinity
August 21st, 2006, 06:58 PM
guys

since the question has been answered, we have a thriving thread in the news forum about this topic so i'm gonna close this one and invite you to take your discussion over there
I think you forgot to close it. It's still up.

Skydiver
August 21st, 2006, 07:14 PM
thanks. it's closed now

busy night :)