This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you give Season 10 a chance?

I've started this thread here since Season 9 is still going. Even though I am a die hard fan of Stargate SG-1, this season has had its ups and downs, but like any fan, I've stuck with it and so far, so good. My question to all is with CB (Claudia Black as you don't already know) joining season 10, and knowing how season 9 turned out, will you watch season 10? My answer is yes. Why do you feel like that if you had said no?
    sigpic
    Sig Created by Lovley Lahela!

NO
    Why? I am not interested in the CB and BB show. S9 has already shown the sidelining of the 3 SGC members in favor of the new guy CM and for all intents and purposes SG is no longer a team show. It will be even less so in in S10.

If that was not enough--the Ori and the whole religious war thing--I can read the papers for that.

Comment

YES!

I'm looking forward to it
      sigpic

Comment

Yes, I'll probably watch the first half of the season and decide if it's worth watching anymore.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith
          YES!

I'm looking forward to it
          No.
          I don't watch TV shows for actors I watch for characters.
          I liked SG-1, Jack O'Neill, Sam Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c.
          Jack left us and they had a chance to bring in a new guy to compiment\interact with the remaining SG-1 team. I was happy that this was the case and was excited for the possibilities of S9. But instead of bringing in a new guy to compliment the team they created a new show around a new guy and brought back shadows of the team to serve him.

I don't really care about the new guy, the writers have done a terrible job with him. They made him a senior officer while writing his character like a junior officer but whats worse is that they Mary Sue him and they act like every mistake he makes is an endearing quality that we are all supposed to applaud him and love him for. Now they will bring in a new Mary Sue. A freaking criminal who I am sure will be the 'greatest, smartest, most skilled, most cool (when not being most funny) character of allllll timmmmmeee". Too bad I don't care about her either. I care about SG-1. Sam Carter, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c..
          Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

I will watch season 10. Although i had my disappointments this season overall i did not think it was bad. sure it's different but not hard to get used to.

and well the way they let CB play in avalon/origin and crusade was nice, i'm curious how they will implement her as a full-time member on the show, but i have good hopes. as long as no other "old" actors leave i will watch

Comment

Been a fan from the beginning and will continue to watch unless they decide to BSG-ify it to death. I like the mixture of comedy and action and hopefulness.

Comment

I'll watch it, but it won't be with any enthusiasm. Yesterday I watched "Moebius part 2" on the TV and actually broke down in tears at the end because it was the end of an era. Season 9 hasn't grabbed me at all, and only a couple of episodes have kept me going.

So I'll watch Season 10 - at least initially - but my teeth will be kind of gritted as I do so and I won't be able to forgive errors/mistakes like I used to do.

Comment

Yep

Deffinatly. I havnt had any problems with this series at all...why?

CB/Vala - shes great....yes, shes sexual and uses what shes got....wow...thats not smart thats 'slutty'. PLEASE. You use what you have, what did she have after she was de-snaked by the selfish Tok'ra? Did they help her? I doubt it.

Mitchell - I like him. He's not Jack, He's been used alot (sidelined the 3 others, no way) to introduce us to him. I cant see how hes been sidelined, its like saying they were sidelined for Jack-specific episodes like 'brief candle' in Season 1?

Season 9 - Yea, its had its ups and downs, but its gone through a change and people need to accept that...S1 of SG-1 was shaky as well, they were quick to make sure people knew Sam wasnt just a pair of boobs (Emancipation). And now their solidifying Mitchells character.

So yea, I like it so far and I'll carry on watching. I say bring on the good times
                  Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

I'll watch Season 10, and I hope I enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed Season 9.

For me this is not the same show I started watching 9 years ago. It simply does not give me that same buzz anymore when I hear the opening music. For me SG1 is Jack, Daniel, Sam and Tealc. However, it is still way better than anything else on TV right now with the exception of BSG. Plus I do like Vala.
                    sigpic

Comment

After seeing the preview for the season 9 final episode I think season 10 is going to be well worth it... I find it kind of funny actually I mean if anyone has spent the time to watch season 9 and say they arent going to watch season 10 that is kind of a waste because season 9 really has just been building up to the 10th season... almost everything that has happend in season 9 is really just building the foundation for what is going to be an amazing cruisade for season 10 at least watch episode 1 of season 10 before you deside!

See Jaffa are Crazy! (pic of a Tia food place in the US of A )

Comment

Yes i will watch it, I think TPTB make a statement with the religious thing in S9 and I think it holds some truth to it, moralistics view I mean. Some of the S9 sucked, but I can see S10 being an improvement, they will write Cam different i hope, he sucks at being the leader of SG-1 and as a character he is wayyy incomplete.

Comment

i'll watch it? why? because i'm pathetic and will watch and see if sam and teal'c get a few lines here and there.

they are my favorite part of the show anymore and i'll awtch to get what few dregs i'm allowed.

and if tptb surprise the stockings off of me and actually remember that that blond chick and the black guy are on the show and continue to make them a vital part, i'll be pleasantly surprised

my bet is that it's amanda's last season on the show, so i'll watch for her
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                            i'll watch it? why? because i'm pathetic and will watch and see if sam and teal'c get a few lines here and there.

they are my favorite part of the show anymore and i'll awtch to get what few dregs i'm allowed.

and if tptb surprise the stockings off of me and actually remember that that blond chick and the black guy are on the show and continue to make them a vital part, i'll be pleasantly surprised

That's reason enough, maybe in S10 she will have her moment of eternal glory and per accident shoot Cam in the buttics

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

Why are you always so pessimistic and negative? My bet is that after the whole season of working together with Claudia, Amanda will be happy to stay much longer... wanna bet?

Comment

Working...
                              X