PDA

View Full Version : Will you give Season 10 a chance?

GateTrek2004
March 6th, 2006, 02:06 AM
I've started this thread here since Season 9 is still going. Even though I am a die hard fan of Stargate SG-1, this season has had its ups and downs, but like any fan, I've stuck with it and so far, so good. My question to all is with CB (Claudia Black as you don't already know) joining season 10, and knowing how season 9 turned out, will you watch season 10? My answer is yes. Why do you feel like that if you had said no?

kazzyk
March 6th, 2006, 02:13 AM
NO
Why? I am not interested in the CB and BB show. S9 has already shown the sidelining of the 3 SGC members in favor of the new guy CM and for all intents and purposes SG is no longer a team show. It will be even less so in in S10.

If that was not enough--the Ori and the whole religious war thing--I can read the papers for that.

Steve_the_Wraith
March 6th, 2006, 02:18 AM
YES!

I'm looking forward to it

RealmOfX
March 6th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Yes, I'll probably watch the first half of the season and decide if it's worth watching anymore.

AGateFan
March 6th, 2006, 02:27 AM
YES!

I'm looking forward to it
No.
I don't watch TV shows for actors I watch for characters.
I liked SG-1, Jack O'Neill, Sam Carter, Daniel Jackson, Teal'c.
Jack left us and they had a chance to bring in a new guy to compiment\interact with the remaining SG-1 team. I was happy that this was the case and was excited for the possibilities of S9. But instead of bringing in a new guy to compliment the team they created a new show around a new guy and brought back shadows of the team to serve him.

I don't really care about the new guy, the writers have done a terrible job with him. They made him a senior officer while writing his character like a junior officer but whats worse is that they Mary Sue him and they act like every mistake he makes is an endearing quality that we are all supposed to applaud him and love him for. Now they will bring in a new Mary Sue. A freaking criminal who I am sure will be the 'greatest, smartest, most skilled, most cool (when not being most funny) character of allllll timmmmmeee". Too bad I don't care about her either. I care about SG-1. Sam Carter, Daniel Jackson and Teal'c..

Cajinto
March 6th, 2006, 02:45 AM
I will watch season 10. Although i had my disappointments this season overall i did not think it was bad. sure it's different but not hard to get used to.

and well the way they let CB play in avalon/origin and crusade was nice, i'm curious how they will implement her as a full-time member on the show, but i have good hopes. as long as no other "old" actors leave i will watch

wikeja
March 6th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Been a fan from the beginning and will continue to watch unless they decide to BSG-ify it to death. I like the mixture of comedy and action and hopefulness.

Callie
March 6th, 2006, 03:22 AM
I'll watch it, but it won't be with any enthusiasm. Yesterday I watched "Moebius part 2" on the TV and actually broke down in tears at the end because it was the end of an era. Season 9 hasn't grabbed me at all, and only a couple of episodes have kept me going.

So I'll watch Season 10 - at least initially - but my teeth will be kind of gritted as I do so and I won't be able to forgive errors/mistakes like I used to do.

Blitz
March 6th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Yep

Deffinatly. I havnt had any problems with this series at all...why?

CB/Vala - shes great....yes, shes sexual and uses what shes got....wow...thats not smart thats 'slutty'. PLEASE. You use what you have, what did she have after she was de-snaked by the selfish Tok'ra? Did they help her? I doubt it.

Mitchell - I like him. He's not Jack, He's been used alot (sidelined the 3 others, no way) to introduce us to him. I cant see how hes been sidelined, its like saying they were sidelined for Jack-specific episodes like 'brief candle' in Season 1?

Season 9 - Yea, its had its ups and downs, but its gone through a change and people need to accept that...S1 of SG-1 was shaky as well, they were quick to make sure people knew Sam wasnt just a pair of boobs (Emancipation). And now their solidifying Mitchells character.

So yea, I like it so far and I'll carry on watching. I say bring on the good times :jack:

GateGipsy
March 6th, 2006, 04:32 AM
I'll watch Season 10, and I hope I enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed Season 9.

For me this is not the same show I started watching 9 years ago. It simply does not give me that same buzz anymore when I hear the opening music. For me SG1 is Jack, Daniel, Sam and Tealc. However, it is still way better than anything else on TV right now with the exception of BSG. Plus I do like Vala.

tony
March 6th, 2006, 04:37 AM
After seeing the preview for the season 9 final episode I think season 10 is going to be well worth it... I find it kind of funny actually I mean if anyone has spent the time to watch season 9 and say they arent going to watch season 10 that is kind of a waste because season 9 really has just been building up to the 10th season... almost everything that has happend in season 9 is really just building the foundation for what is going to be an amazing cruisade for season 10 :) at least watch episode 1 of season 10 before you deside!

wolverine_nl
March 6th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Yes i will watch it, I think TPTB make a statement with the religious thing in S9 and I think it holds some truth to it, moralistics view I mean. Some of the S9 sucked, but I can see S10 being an improvement, they will write Cam different i hope, he sucks at being the leader of SG-1 and as a character he is wayyy incomplete.:mckay:

Skydiver
March 6th, 2006, 04:40 AM
i'll watch it? why? because i'm pathetic and will watch and see if sam and teal'c get a few lines here and there.

they are my favorite part of the show anymore and i'll awtch to get what few dregs i'm allowed.

and if tptb surprise the stockings off of me and actually remember that that blond chick and the black guy are on the show and continue to make them a vital part, i'll be pleasantly surprised

my bet is that it's amanda's last season on the show, so i'll watch for her

wolverine_nl
March 6th, 2006, 04:47 AM
i'll watch it? why? because i'm pathetic and will watch and see if sam and teal'c get a few lines here and there.

they are my favorite part of the show anymore and i'll awtch to get what few dregs i'm allowed.

and if tptb surprise the stockings off of me and actually remember that that blond chick and the black guy are on the show and continue to make them a vital part, i'll be pleasantly surprised

That's reason enough, maybe in S10 she will have her moment of eternal glory and per accident shoot Cam in the buttics :P

Formerhost
March 6th, 2006, 04:53 AM

Why are you always so pessimistic and negative? My bet is that after the whole season of working together with Claudia, Amanda will be happy to stay much longer... wanna bet? :D

GateGipsy
March 6th, 2006, 04:55 AM
That's reason enough, maybe in S10 she will have her moment of eternal glory and per accident shoot Cam in the buttics :P

remember this is a general thread, and there are a lot of people coming in here who are Cameron fans. :) Post with respect to other fan groups in the same way you'd like them to post with respect to you (and yeah I get that's a joke, but you know how difficult it is to put jokes across at times on the internet) :)

Tok'Ra Hostess
March 6th, 2006, 05:02 AM
I'm in for another season. What else have I got to do? ;)

I stay away from spoilers and that infectious disease that it brings - speculation <shudders> and as a result the eps don't seem so bad to me.

That's not to say that some don't fall flat while others are absolute stinkers, but on the whole I think the new series has been no more frustrating than it ever was. It's just a different kind of frustrating for me, now.

I've always been ambivalent about the ship, so the Sam&Jack thing never got under my skin, Jack was getting on my nerves near the end with his comedy routine, so, though I miss old Jack I don't miss what he deteriorated into - making anything - even Mitchel - better than another season of General Inanity, and character growth for the Big three has never really progressed to my liking anyways, so... <shrugs>.

Vala bugged the carp out of me at the start of the season but it looks like they are going to smarten her up for season ten(fingers crossed), so no complaints in that department, and the Ori seem a decent bunch of unbeatable villians.

So, in conclusion, in spite of what I perceive as its flaws I've always liked the series and I expect I will continue to in the future.:D

Skydiver
March 6th, 2006, 05:03 AM
Why are you always so pessimistic and negative? My bet is that after the whole season of working together with Claudia, Amanda will be happy to stay much longer... wanna bet? :D
we can have a bet.

i personally think that s10 will be it for the show. scifi only wants to have the 'longest running us scifi show' record, and after that they will cancel it, citing monetary concerns.

however, given that, while AT and MS have been given the 'the franchise is bigger than the actors' speech, cb and bb seem to be immune from that, thus i feel that there is a marked preference on the part of scifi for the two new actors. good for them and good for thier fans, however i feel that at and ms will not be asked to return. if ther is a s11, i personally feel that they will both be let go or reduced to the point of a handful of 'guest starring' appearances.

however, with this also complicated by tptb seeming to be unwilling or unable anymore to write a character specific episode without totally ignoreing the others, what i'm seeing is the very real potential for AT and MS to be wallpapered to give CB and BB their time to shine and to be developed.

The days when we could have a character focused episode that still remembered that there were others on the show (like itlod or fiad or bloodlines or 100 days, all of which were focused on one character, but also didn't forget that, while it had the need to tell one character's story, they also needed to tell how that persn's story affected the others) are gone and what we've had lately is 'ok, so enemy mine is daniel's time to shine' which is cool for those that like daniel...but those that like jack or sam or teal'c???? tune in next week.
grace was the same way. if you didn't like sam, there wasn't a whole heck of a lot in it for you. the only episodes teal'c seems to get anymore are jaffa eps...so if you dn't like the jaffa, well other than that teal'c is the big strong 'indeed' man

i feel that folks that like cb and bb and the characters that they play will have a ton to like about s10. and good for them. it's good that someone will get something out of it.

but i feel that, given the lack of balanced episodes in the past 3 years, those that like anyone but those two aren't going to get much to watch.

time will tell. in about a year one of us will get to crow 'i told you so' :)

keshou
March 6th, 2006, 05:08 AM
I'm kind of with Gipsy....for me this isn't the same show.

SG-1 IS Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to me. They were a family. The team onscreen now is just a bunch of people who work together, are pretty to look at and manage to entertain me once in awhile. I dearly wish they'd gone with the "Stargate Command" thing although I understand the reasons they didn't.

I'll give S10 a chance although I think S9 has been very uneven in quality and tone. But I've liked several episodes and haven't gouged out my eyes while watching those I don't care for. :cool:

I think a toned down, more serious Vala (yes, I can do the "scifi handwave") could be interesting and I'm curious to see what the new "team" - if I can still use that word - is like. Still don't care much for the ponderously dull Ori and the other story arc that will be *cough* born in S10 sounds dire.

I think this could well be the last season for ALL the originals - MS, AT & CJ and I enjoy all of them and would like to stick it out until they're gone. I've actually enjoyed Sam a LOT more this season than I did last season - now that all the personal life angst is out of the way. Daniel I've liked a lot in some episodes and not so much in others. Teal'c? Well he's been great in a couple of episodes and pretty much a mute in others. Mitchell is a work in progress but he doesn't particularly annoy me the way he does some of the fans. But I've yet to fall in love with him either which kind of *isses me off because I really, really wanted to. :( I love Ben Browder.

But the bottom line is this is all entertainment for me - an escape. I'm addicted to BSG and it's the show I'm really looking forward to these days. It's raised the bar to a new level and the Stargate shows just haven't kept up imo. But they can still provide entertainment and a few laughs so I'll hang in there. :D

GateTrek2004
March 6th, 2006, 05:19 AM
i personally think that s10 will be it for the show. scifi only wants to have the 'longest running us scifi show' record, and after that they will cancel it, citing monetary concerns.

I get that feeling too that this will be the final season, but i really hope that there will be at least another season.

off topic, what is TPTB?

Also the reason RDA left was nothing to do with anyone in the series. it was HIM who left due to the fact that he wanted to spend more time with his family. at least they did not kill him off. he's still there in the seires.

Formerhost
March 6th, 2006, 05:21 AM
I'm kind of with Gipsy....for me this isn't the same show.

SG-1 IS Jack, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c to me. They were a family. The team onscreen now is just a bunch of people who work together, are pretty to look at and manage to entertain me once in awhile. I dearly wish they'd gone with the "Stargate Command" thing although I understand the reasons they didn't.

I'll give S10 a chance although I think S9 has been very uneven in quality and tone. But I've liked several episodes and haven't gouged out my eyes while watching those I don't care for. :cool:

I think a toned down, more serious Vala (yes, I can do the "scifi handwave") could be interesting and I'm curious to see what the new "team" - if I can still use that word - is like. Still don't care much for the ponderously dull Ori and the other story arc that will be *cough* born in S10 sounds dire.

I think this could well be the last season for ALL the originals - MS, AT & CJ and I enjoy all of them and would like to stick it out until they're gone. I've actually enjoyed Sam a LOT more this season than I did last season - now that all the personal life angst is out of the way. Daniel I've liked a lot in some episodes and not so much in others. Teal'c? Well he's been great in a couple of episodes and pretty much a mute in others. Mitchell is a work in progress but he doesn't particularly annoy me the way he does some of the fans. But I've yet to fall in love with him either which kind of *isses me off because I really, really wanted to. :( I love Ben Browder.

But the bottom line is this is all entertainment for me - an escape. I'm addicted to BSG and it's the show I'm really looking forward to these days. It's raised the bar to a new level and the Stargate shows just haven't kept up imo. But they can still provide entertainment and a few laughs so I'll hang in there. :D

For writers it also isn't the same show. Rob C. Cooper and Joe Mallozzi said this very clearly in their interviews. But they also said they have stories ideas for at least 2 - 3 more seasons. So I really hope season 10 won't be the last season, I'm hoping for good ratings and I really hope the originals - MS, AT and CJ will continue their work on the show for at least 2-3 years more.

Lightning
March 6th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Most definately , even if it is the end for SG1 I think it has never been better and it's just a pity that Atlantis is going round in circles. had such potential, I loved series one but I have now stopped watching Atlantis
SG1 on the other hand is great.
An off topic musing : Sky One has an amazing tuesday night lineupof SG1 , BSG and Over There.

Seastallion
March 6th, 2006, 05:25 AM
Yep

Deffinatly. I havnt had any problems with this series at all...why?

CB/Vala - shes great....yes, shes sexual and uses what shes got....wow...thats not smart thats 'slutty'. PLEASE. You use what you have, what did she have after she was de-snaked by the selfish Tok'ra? Did they help her? I doubt it.

Mitchell - I like him. He's not Jack, He's been used alot (sidelined the 3 others, no way) to introduce us to him. I cant see how hes been sidelined, its like saying they were sidelined for Jack-specific episodes like 'brief candle' in Season 1?

Season 9 - Yea, its had its ups and downs, but its gone through a change and people need to accept that...S1 of SG-1 was shaky as well, they were quick to make sure people knew Sam wasnt just a pair of boobs (Emancipation). And now their solidifying Mitchells character.

So yea, I like it so far and I'll carry on watching. I say bring on the good times :jack:

I agree. :) Will I give Season 10 a chance...? Abso-freak'n-lutely..!!! I've really liked the build up towards the end of this season, and I'm thinking Season 10 is going to be great. Season 9 has had an uphill battle with having to introduce new characters and plots, so people should be more forgiving about that. Season 10 will allow the show to get its game back on... :D

oh... and I really hope Skydiver is wrong about Sci-Fi wanting to drop SG-1 once it completes a 10 year run and record. :eek: For goodness sake, if its looking for a record it won't hurt anything to allow that record to be pushed as far as it can be. ;)

Formerhost
March 6th, 2006, 05:36 AM
I agree. :) Will I give Season 10 a chance...? Abso-freak'n-lutely..!!! I've really liked the build up towards the end of this season, and I'm thinking Season 10 is going to be great. Season 9 has had an uphill battle with having to introduce new characters and plots, so people should be more forgiving about that. Season 10 will allow the show to get its game back on... :D

oh... and I really hope Skydiver is wrong about Sci-Fi wanting to drop SG-1 once it completes a 10 year run and record. :eek: For goodness sake, if its looking for a record it won't hurt anything to allow that record to be pushed as far as it can be. ;)

Definitely. It all depends on the ratings, let's hope they're better than this season! :)

wolverine_nl
March 6th, 2006, 06:08 AM
remember this is a general thread, and there are a lot of people coming in here who are Cameron fans. :) Post with respect to other fan groups in the same way you'd like them to post with respect to you (and yeah I get that's a joke, but you know how difficult it is to put jokes across at times on the internet) :)
I post with upmost respect (for the last 10 years, been online for a while), it was meant as a joke and i have no problem with the actor, and i am not complaining at all with S9. So i don't see why you post that...sorry but my opinion is free :mckay:
If someone is offended, sorry to offend you, but this is a discussionforum too, so a joke can be at place, is better than me flaming a character right of the roof and I don't hate any character in the show, just some wishes and it is relevant to the Threadtitle, I want to give S10 a chance, but they'd better write CM better, more complete, that's my opinion, so that's o.k. to write here I presume without offending anybody and everybody knows this is a discussionboard, it's not al Happy glitter and all, critizm can be good, also for other fans, because we all are Stargate fans and we all deserve a viewpoint from someone else.

Now let's get on to S10 (first the last episode of S9!!)

Egraine
March 6th, 2006, 06:12 AM
Oh hell yeah...I'm already mourning that there is only one more ep in Season
9. Looking forward to July.

wolverine_nl
March 6th, 2006, 06:23 AM
Oh hell yeah...I'm already mourning that there is only one more ep in Season
9. Looking forward to July.

:jack: :"July you say....well maybe we should start a month earlier...you know, good for our fans!" :jack_new_anime06:

tony
March 6th, 2006, 07:13 AM
I am not sure I agree with the whole originals getting booted or leaving if the show goes beond season 10... first off we have to wait and see how season 10 even goes in the first place... if it surprises all of us and gets REALLY good ratings there is no reason the show will end and why would the originals leave if the show gets REALLy good rating in season 10?however if the show bombs season 10 i dont think we will have toworry about the originals coming back because everyone wont comeback :) I really dont see the writers pushing them off the show if it makes it past season 10 though sorry.

ussrelativity
March 6th, 2006, 07:52 AM
I think Season 10 will be very good. I can see SG-1 going as far as 11 seasons.

Blue Banrigh
March 6th, 2006, 07:57 AM
Yes, I've enjoyed S9, so I don't see why I shouldn't enjoy S10. :D

Elite Anubis Guard
March 6th, 2006, 08:39 AM
I'll watch it. S9 has been the worst so far, for the obvious reasons pointed out. It's written for BB and CB, not the team we love. It has had its good episodes and its bad episodes, but since I've been a fan from the beginning, I'll watch S10. I wont be as excited for it.

Atlantis has surpassed SG1 for the 2 years its been running IMHO, so Ill be looking forward to that.

Formerhost
March 6th, 2006, 08:41 AM
I'll watch it. S9 has been the worst so far, for the obvious reasons pointed out. It's written for BB and CB, not the team we love. It has had its good episodes and its bad episodes, but since I've been a fan from the beginning, I'll watch S10. I wont be as excited for it.

Atlantis has surpassed SG1 for the 2 years its been running IMHO, so Ill be looking forward to that.

We? Speak for yourself please... :) I love the team consisting of Daniel, Mitchell, Sam, Teal'c + Vala :D And of course, General Landry.

Steve_the_Wraith
March 6th, 2006, 09:41 AM

I'd actually say season 8 was worse
(barring the awesome Reckoning and non shippy parts of Threads ofcourse)

It really just dragged the show out that bit more .The bored RDA, the focus on the Shiping (I'm not against romance but in SG-1 it just didn't work and to cap a season of will they won't they she leaned on his shoulder :blech!), random filler episodes (affinity, covenant, etc...). The season started on a high note (the first 3/4 of New Order) but then kinda wandered to an ending a great ending but still...
It was an entire season of SG-1 where they didn't explore anything!

Season 9 has tried new things and introduced many new characters (who need just that extra bit of screen time), it hasn't been perfect but it's been a breath of freah air. There have been good episodes and bad episodes but I'm overall pretty happy with how things are proceeding

Most people have already said why they don't like the season - because after 8 years the show has changed, its not the show it used to be but for a show to keep going it needs to change or else grow stale (which season 8 kinda was)

STARGATE7777
March 6th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Yes, well that is your opinion. For me, I liked season 8 (and 1-7 also). Filler episodes...I see the entire season 9 as filler...the Ori? snooze fest...Mitchell...worst character ever written for Stargate.

The changes in season 9...from my point of view...very little thought given to continuity...plot holes...poor characterizations...action for the sake of action...lack of genuine bonding or caring with the "team"...BAD HUMOR

I didn't enjoy season 9 so I feel that season 10 will be more...everything is wonderful...ignore what doesn't make sense...Vala and Mitchell are our saviours.

I'm thinking season 9 was "Hallowed are the Ori". Season 10 will be "Hallowed are Vala and Mitchell."

ToasterOnFire
March 6th, 2006, 10:23 AM
I'll give it a chance, though I think the early Vala-Ori-miraculous-conception-fast-growing-child-of-DOOM plotline may be the cliched straw that breaks my back. If the writing doesn't improve then I'll definitely set my sights on a good book to pass the time until Atlantis and BSG. :D

There's a reasonable chance s10 will be the last season, and if not then a good chance that it's the last for at least one of the Big 3. It might be worthwhile to tune in just to see how it all ends - bang or whimper?

Bragi
March 6th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Yes.

Yes I will.

suse
March 6th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Yep. 3 Episodes. Just to see what they are going to do. If there's an improvement, I stay. If not, well I have other interests I can devote more time to. Which is not a bad thing at all. Either way, I win.

Suse

Auralis
March 6th, 2006, 01:24 PM
If they get the stupid idea to kill thor off in the s9 finale, i'm very very tempted to give the show a rest as well. Otherwise i will probably check in to see how bad the plots can get. sorta morbid entertainment.

KatG
March 6th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I'll give it a chance. Mainly because like Skydiver, I think next year will be the last year for AT, MS and possibly CJ. Unless the writing greatly improves, then once they leave, I probably will too.

wolverine_nl
March 6th, 2006, 02:04 PM
I'll give it a chance. Mainly because like Skydiver, I think next year will be the last year for AT, MS and possibly CJ. Unless the writing greatly improves, then once they leave, I probably will too.
We have to wait and see, maybe some sort of chemistry will take place, we know the newer castmembers can act, Claudia is a great actress and so is Ben and Beau is a living legend, S9 maybe the search for the chemistry, if it doesn't come to something special in S10, maybe it is the end, but I will give S10 a chance, more than that, I will follow every episode.

Cassie
March 6th, 2006, 03:39 PM
No I will not. I am not interested in seeing the Mitchell and Vala or Daniel and Vala show. And with the lack of acutally team episodes I think S8 is the end of Stargate watching for me. There was just something about the old episodes that drew me into the show that I don’t see anymore. It’s not the show I once loved. I might consider watching the 200 ep. I haven’t decided yet :P JMO.

CeeKay Sheppard
March 6th, 2006, 03:55 PM
I'm definitely watching S10. SG-1 definitely became a new show in S9, and it takes time do build it up. No, S9 was not the best season of all, far from it, but I've been reading spoilers for S10, and S9 seems to be exposition for a new chapter of the saga. I think of it like an interlude.

Also, TPTB have only begun to dabble in the new mythology. I'm looking forward to seeing more done with the Arthurian legend next year.

In short, I'm quite excited about S10. It looks to me like the writers are finally hitting their stride with the new SG-1.

Dani347
March 6th, 2006, 04:16 PM
I'll watch and if there's something to enjoy I'll keep watching. If there's nothing to enjoy I'll stop. This is how I handle all tv shows.

PizzaCelebration
March 6th, 2006, 04:19 PM
I will always miss Jack, and yes, I'm dissapointed to see BB taking over the series, but I'm learning to live with it. S9 was by far not my favorite, but I will give S10 a chance to see where it's headed. I think the "new" Stargate has great potential. It will just take a while for the characters to adapt. My biggest fear is that Stargate will become another Farscape. If I wanted Farscape, I would watch Farscape.

Mandysg1
March 6th, 2006, 04:30 PM
I'll watch the first few episodes to see if they change anything for the better, but if things keep going the way they are in S9, then they will be losing another fan.

I just wonder if they do get to making the movies they have been talking about, who will be on SG1?

I wonder if they will take into account that the ratings for the original 4 have been better than for the new SG1 dynamics.

PG15
March 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Oh hell yes!

binkpmmc
March 6th, 2006, 05:16 PM
snip, snip -- we know the newer castmembers can act, snip,snip.

we know all of the cast can act (well almost all) but if you are given crap to work with there is not much the actor can do to bring the quality back to where the show as for 7 1/2 years. It's too bad - like others I will maybe catch the first few then if nothing improves I'll pass and that means I'll stop watching the tapes my friend makes -- I don't watch it "live" anymore-- don't want my TV tuned to sci-fi channel.

the fifth man
March 6th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Oh hell yes!

My sentiments exactly.:) Of course I'll give it a chance. I'm loving season 9, so why wouldn't I give the next season a go?:)

ShipShape
March 6th, 2006, 08:36 PM
off topic, what is TPTB?

"The Powers That Be"

Yes, I'll absolutely watch Season 10. I'm hoping that since Mitchell and Vala have been established now, the series will shift back to focusing more on everyone.

GateTrek2004
March 6th, 2006, 10:09 PM
"The Powers That Be"

Yes, I'll absolutely watch Season 10. I'm hoping that since Mitchell and Vala have been established now, the series will shift back to focusing more on everyone.

Thanks ShipShape!

kazzyk
March 7th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I will get in on the "Bet", as I dont think S10 will go beyond the 200th episode.

Ancient 1
March 7th, 2006, 04:15 AM
I'm still waiting for the season finale here in the states, but from what I have seen from the previews of the finale, I will be looking forward to the next season of Sg-1, as well as SGA.

GateTrek2004
March 7th, 2006, 08:45 AM
I will get in on the "Bet", as I dont think S10 will go beyond the 200th episode.
Yea there will be 20 episodes to season 10, a full season, not half.

Kilharae
March 7th, 2006, 08:54 AM
I'll watch it, but it won't be with any enthusiasm. Yesterday I watched "Moebius part 2" on the TV and actually broke down in tears at the end because it was the end of an era.

Wtf. Thats really sad, in a sad kind of way.

pittsburghgirl
March 7th, 2006, 08:56 AM
not even when pigs become kosher and fly. there would have to be a radical change in that show for me to even consider it. hey-i would, at this point, go along with them if they choose to pull a Dallas and have Jack come out of the shower as still be a Colonel-as if it never happened.

I am not anti Ben or Claudia-I think they are fine actors-very talented in fact-but puleeze-Cam and Vala are not characters that I can say I root for-Vala is far too over the top for me and Cam has no personality at all-I only wish that Ben's Farscape character would be channeled a little more.

And if the pull that ever present baby that grows up quickly to be extremely (fill in the blank)-that is so terribly overdone-can we say 4400, any soap opera in existence, V, Xena-you get the idea.

so to your answer your question-NO!

Skydiver
March 7th, 2006, 09:19 AM
wait for it. cause i believe that is the plan
they feed the little blighter Miracle Grow adn she's walking, talking and menacing the universe before the mid season break i bet

pittsburghgirl
March 7th, 2006, 09:24 AM
wait for it. cause i believe that is the plan
they feed the little blighter Miracle Grow adn she's walking, talking and menacing the universe before the mid season break i bet
I am right with you there dear.

elvital
March 7th, 2006, 10:16 AM
I'll continue watching as long as it's at least mildly entertaining. I'm more worried about SGA though, I see S9 as an improvement over S8 (even though it's still had a couple of rather crappy episodes).

I don't have a problem with adapting to new characters. That's not the only thing that's made me like SG-1. I like the universe, the aliens, the stories - a lot more than just the characters so I'm not too worried.

Besides, I like Vala and I think she'll be a lot of fun to watch. Of course, there's probably no way that SG-1'll ever get as good as BSG (unless BSG-quality declines) but it's still an entertaining show.:)

JUNIOR
March 7th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I'd actually say season 8 was worse
(barring the awesome Reckoning and non shippy parts of Threads ofcourse)

It really just dragged the show out that bit more .The bored RDA, the focus on the Shiping (I'm not against romance but in SG-1 it just didn't work and to cap a season of will they won't they she leaned on his shoulder :blech!), random filler episodes (affinity, covenant, etc...). The season started on a high note (the first 3/4 of New Order) but then kinda wandered to an ending a great ending but still...
It was an entire season of SG-1 where they didn't explore anything!

Season 9 has tried new things and introduced many new characters (who need just that extra bit of screen time), it hasn't been perfect but it's been a breath of freah air. There have been good episodes and bad episodes but I'm overall pretty happy with how things are proceeding

Most people have already said why they don't like the season - because after 8 years the show has changed, its not the show it used to be but for a show to keep going it needs to change or else grow stale (which season 8 kinda was)

I'd have to agree with you on that. A week ago I was going to sit back relax and watch a couple of SG-1 season 8 episodes. Now usually I can just start from the first disk and pick an episode I like from there but I realized that I only really liked maybe 7 or 8 of the episodes out of season 8. Granted I enjoyed seeing all of them for the first time when they aired, but when I tried to watch them again I just kept going from disk to disk saying: "Wow! I only like really 1 or 2 episodes on this whole disk”, and that had never happened to me before. I'm the type of person that can sit down and watch pretty much any episode of SG-1 and theirs always an aspect of it entertaining to me.

And yes I will watch S10

Metarock Sam
March 7th, 2006, 12:38 PM
I will definatly watch Season 10 since im a die hard fan of Stargate. As long as Daniel stays on the show its fine by me ( In my opinion except for Abyss, Changeling and Full Circle Season 6 is the worst season). Even though from the outside it looks like its turing into Fargate I can tell you without a doubt its not. Plus this cliffhanger is supposed to be awesome so id have to see how it all concludes.

jckfan55
March 7th, 2006, 01:45 PM
I'll give it a try, hoping it gets back to more of the old team feeling. I've really enjoyed only a few episodes this season. I'll be watching for Sam, Daniel & Teal'c.

The_Fifth
March 7th, 2006, 05:10 PM
obvius !!!

The season 9 is the best of all !!! I love Vala character, all the Priors :D !! the stupids jaffa nation, the new secret enemy, specially if that is a Daniel ARc!

Hallowed is the season 10 !!!

I dont like BB but neither dislike me

gogogogo Season 21 !!!

(Yes !)

binkpmmc
March 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I'll be watching for Sam, Daniel & Teal'c.

When, and if, I watch the only reason will be for the BIG 3. Any eps that are sans Daniel or Carter will be automatic skips for me. I love Teal'c but with all the wallpaper he is hanging lately he's not enough for me to tune in to watch a cartoon so unless there is a radical change from S9 to S10 it doesn't look good . . . (please, please, please, Brad Wright, Brad Wright, Brad Wright and the BIG 3, the BIG 3, the BIG 3 to redeem S10).

Formerhost
March 8th, 2006, 12:22 AM
When, and if, I watch the only reason will be for the BIG 3. Any eps that are sans Daniel or Carter will be automatic skips for me. I love Teal'c but with all the wallpaper he is hanging lately he's not enough for me to tune in to watch a cartoon so unless there is a radical change from S9 to S10 it doesn't look good . . . (please, please, please, Brad Wright, Brad Wright, Brad Wright and the BIG 3, the BIG 3, the BIG 3 to redeem S10).

BIG 5 - :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

Merlio
March 8th, 2006, 06:37 AM
I will defo be giving it a chance, have really enjoyed season 9, sure its been slow in places but what do u expect. They have had to introduce alot of new characters, Col Mitch, Gen Land, Vala, new doctor lady. So its only natural that some of the old timers like Carta, Daniel and T are gonna take a back step. If u watch season 1 u will notice that O'neil, Carta, Daniel and T did not all just suddenly gell together and become the team they were in seasons 2-8to be honest they were a bit wooden.The characters have to get to know each other and build up bonds and the actors also have to do the same.

Plus you have got the complete switch in storyline. Its gone from Egyptian to Arthurian legend, its completely different. But in my opinion its just as good.

Now things have settled down a bit, people are settled in their new shoes and the new story and background has been introduced i think it has the potential to be as good as ever. I have always wanted to see the Asguard get more involved and now we have an enemy that is worthy of a good fight. I have always felt the Asguard have been a bit under used, they are such a cool race. Had the Asguard ever got involved in the whole Guald (excuse spelling) thing then it would have been over a long time a go as Asguard ships are so much better than. But the ori should be a much bigger challenge, meaning that all the sides will have to unite to survive and from the looks of the teaser of Camelot we are hopefully gonna see some good fights.

Sure we all miss Jack and Hammond but u just have to deal with it and let their replacements settle into the roll. Land and Mitch both have the potential to be good characters. But u cant fit all the background and depth that the remaining SG1 members have built up in seasons 1-9 into just 1 series.

ReganX
March 8th, 2006, 06:59 AM
I'll watch Season Ten, in the hopes that the writers will concentrate on Sam, Daniel and Teal'c instead of constantly spotlighting Mitchell, but it would be lie to say that my expectations are high in that regard.

I love the show and the storylines, so I'll just keep reminding myself that Mitchell is just one character and pray that he dies.

ShardsofGlass
March 8th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I love the show and the storylines, so I'll just keep reminding myself that Mitchell is just one character and pray that he dies.

Is this kind of talk allowed here? To hope that a character dies? This is really crossing a line, imo, and is very disrespectful both to the actor and the fans who enjoy the character.

KatG
March 8th, 2006, 08:08 AM
Yeah it's disrepectful and probably not the nicest thing to say, but it is about the character, not the actor, so I think it's allowed.

Skydiver
March 8th, 2006, 09:10 AM
it is not nice and definitely not respectful towards fans of said character, and personally something i'm not comfortable with given that folks often have a hard time distinguishing between character and actor, however it's not against the forum rules since it is about the character

now if Ben's name EVER creeps in there referencing wanting him to die, people will get slapped on moderation so fast they'll never get to complete thier next post. That is 1000% over the top and uncalled for.

GateTrek2004
March 8th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Yea that was totally uncalled for! You may not like the charater, but don't say mitchell needs to die! keep that to yourself and out of this forum!

Jonzey
March 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM
I'm just wondering- is all this talk of season 10 being the last or Sam, Dan and Teal'c leaving after season 10 actually based on facts? Or just rumours, speculation and hope?

But it looks a lot like people who watch for the characters and team are the ones who don't like it and the ones who watch for the stories still do. (In general, my opinion from reading this thread).

But of course I will still watch. I still get an hour of enjoyment a week from it, and I've never abandoned a show before (barring a change of channel/time when I can't watch it anymore- I think it happened with Sliders). And it's not out of some blind loyalty to the shows, it's just that I enjoy watching them and don't go into much detail in critizing them like some people here. I can also proudly proclaim I have seen every episode of many many shows. I guess I just don't have any expectations when it comes to watching shows I like. I just enjoy them.

scarimor
March 8th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Yes I'll start watching season 10 (though I'm a bit worried about the Xena baby).

Maybe I'll start slashing Sam/Vala... :samanime20: :vala:

Mr. Jack
March 8th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Though this show may have lost some of its appeal as to when Jack was still here, I still get the jitters whenever Teal'c gives another another good line, or when Daniel gives the occasional wise crack. Mitchell is still an annoying noob and I am still warming up to him, which will take awhile, I only started watching during the 6th season and it took me awhile to warm up to Jack, and to Daniel when he came back, so it will take awhile for Mitchell as well I suppose.

Of course there hasn't been Thor yet in this season, and when Thor shows up, it gets good.

I will give Season 10 a shot, and even if the show is really starting to suck by then for some strange reason, its still better then Battlestar Gacrapica, which is getting worse and worse every episode I watch. Midway through the season I was actually getting excited when I saw the Pegasus, but from there... blah...... the show took a downwards curve.

SG-1 forever! Some episodes may be **** on a grill, but the good ones make up for them and then some. Oh and I can't wait for Camelot, it is going to be awsome.

jumper13
March 8th, 2006, 07:28 PM
I do miss RDA, but I really did enjoy Season 9, so I'll definitely be watching Season 10 :)

Steve_the_Wraith
March 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM
I'm just wondering- is all this talk of season 10 being the last or Sam, Dan and Teal'c leaving after season 10 actually based on facts? Or just rumours, speculation and hope?

But it looks a lot like people who watch for the characters and team are the ones who don't like it and the ones who watch for the stories still do. (In general, my opinion from reading this thread).

But of course I will still watch. I still get an hour of enjoyment a week from it, and I've never abandoned a show before (barring a change of channel/time when I can't watch it anymore- I think it happened with Sliders). And it's not out of some blind loyalty to the shows, it's just that I enjoy watching them and don't go into much detail in critizing them like some people here. I can also proudly proclaim I have seen every episode of many many shows. I guess I just don't have any expectations when it comes to watching shows I like. I just enjoy them.
Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and Ammanda Tapping have all said at one time or another that Stargate is bigger than one character

This has lead some people to speculate that the plan on leaving the show in the future (after season 10 since they've already signed on)

However I believe that they weren't talking about themselves but Richard Dean Anderson who left the show in season 9

RiderMayBail
March 9th, 2006, 03:14 AM
I'll watch S10. While I wasn't as big a fan of S9 as I was some of the previous seasons, I personally feel that this season was used a setup. They've spent the last 8 years fighting the goa'uld, and now that they are no longer a serious threat, they need something else to keep the show going. You can't just jump from defeating one enemy to being in all out war with another. That story needed to be developed, and I think they have done a reasonable job in doing that. They took advantage of the time and used it to develop some new characters, which I think works out well, so that the characters and story have already been defined, so that they can get back to fighting the upcoming battles. S9 lacked the action that we were used to seeing in the earlier seasons, but I think Crusades has set it up properly to show that the action will return. I would imagine that the finale would do that even more and set season 10 up to be better than many are giving credit for. I hope the series keeps going beyond 10, I'll keep watching and buying the DVD sets as they come out.

InUtero
March 9th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I am a diehard fan of SG-1 and I think that they made a big gamble changing the cast and some aspects of the show, and i think they have pulled it off. Mitchell has really grown on me as a character (I think his character in SG-1 is way better than in Farscape), Vala's interaction has been a breath of fresh air for the show and I welcome her back for S10. Her and Daniel really go well together.
I'll be supporting S10 all the way, and with the way this season is finishing, I beleive it will be a very good season with lots of action.

:samanime15: :tealcanime44:

God_of_the_Sun
March 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I will absolutly be watching seaon 10. This year has been far superior to season 8, and maybe even season 7, during which RDA's total lack of enthusiasm almost ruined it for me. I loved colonel Jack O'Neil but with every episode of season 8 that passed it seemed more obvious he didn't want to be there any more.

The current cast are all so enthused and it has energised the show such that, one can dream, it will run for many more years to come. So it's not like it was in the 'good old days' - who cares, it's better.

Albion
March 9th, 2006, 05:12 AM
I'll give at least the first few episodes of it a go, because I still hold out the tiny flicker of hope that TPTB might get their acts together and return to the show I used to adore and not the dumbed down, poorly written, boring mess S9 has been.

I suspect, with the spoilers I've read, which sink my heart ever further into my boots the more I read them, where once spoilers used to have me humming with excitement to see the episode, that my hope will finally putter out by midway through S10, but I have to give it a go. Let's just say I'm not expecting anything but more disappointment. Will be delighted to be proved wrong, but not banking on it. And if nothing changes and we get the same quality we've had this season, then I'll bail and stick to my S1-8 DVDs.

And I think, sadly, that Skydiver is probably correct about Sci Fi's commitment to the show beyond S10. Which doesn't leave TPTB that much time to rectify the dog's dinner they've made of the show this season.

Albion :)

Formerhost
March 9th, 2006, 05:15 AM
Two Scotts and two completely different opinions... Personally I don't want see "the old days" SG-1, too boring for me, the episodes I tried to watch put me to sleep within 5 to 10 minutes. No, thank you. Now, the direction started with season 9 - YES, PLEASE!!! I'm sure season 10 is gonna rock! :D

nccjones
March 9th, 2006, 07:19 AM
Two Scotts and two completely different opinions... Personally I don't want see "the old days" SG-1, too boring for me, the episodes I tried to watch put me to sleep within 5 to 10 minutes. No, thank you. Now, the direction started with season 9 - YES, PLEASE!!! I'm sure season 10 is gonna rock! :D

It's quite obvious you only watch this show for Vala and Mitchell from reading all your posts and that you really don't have anything invested in the rest of the team. But that does not mean you should jump on all the original SG1 fans for how they feel. You make it very well known your feelings. Let them have theirs.

SG1 was around for 8 YEARS before CB and BB showed up. That's 8 years invested in characters and storylines. Though you may have found 8 years of the show boring, most fans do not. They loved the show, the characters, the plots, the storylines, the development. Many are accepting BB and CB and willing to give them a chance. There are many who are not happy with the new characters. Not everyone is going to love them like you.

I'm happy you are enjoying the new direction and I hope you really really enjoy season 10. But you don't have to jump on every fan who says anything negative about the new characters or show. Leave it be.

Jonzey
March 9th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Michael Shanks, Chris Judge and Ammanda Tapping have all said at one time or another that Stargate is bigger than one character

This has lead some people to speculate that the plan on leaving the show in the future (after season 10 since they've already signed on)

However I believe that they weren't talking about themselves but Richard Dean Anderson who left the show in season 9
Oh. But I recall when MS came back for season 7, there was an interview or something where he said he would be with Stargate 'til the end. But I read that ages ago so don't quote me on it.

Formerhost
March 9th, 2006, 08:52 AM
It's quite obvious you only watch this show for Vala and Mitchell from reading all your posts and that you really don't have anything invested in the rest of the team. But that does not mean you should jump on all the original SG1 fans for how they feel. You make it very well known your feelings. Let them have theirs.

SG1 was around for 8 YEARS before CB and BB showed up. That's 8 years invested in characters and storylines. Though you may have found 8 years of the show boring, most fans do not. They loved the show, the characters, the plots, the storylines, the development. Many are accepting BB and CB and willing to give them a chance. There are many who are not happy with the new characters. Not everyone is going to love them like you.

I'm happy you are enjoying the new direction and I hope you really really enjoy season 10. But you don't have to jump on every fan who says anything negative about the new characters or show. Leave it be.

You forgot about another BB - Beau Bridges, Landry is also one of my fav characters this season. As for the previous seasons... I used to have the biggest problem with RDA. And no, I'm not watching the show for Vala and Mitchell, I'm watching for Vala and Daniel :D , Mitchell is fourth on my list.

Skydiver
March 9th, 2006, 09:21 AM
he may have. but in a more recent interview i seem to recall him saying something along the line that, as far as scifi was concerned, the actors were less important than the show, which implied that for these actors, they do it scifi's way or they leave. which means that the impression that he and possibly others have is that they are expendable adn can be let go whenever scifi wants to.

Personally? i feel that that attitude only applies to the 'big 3', as in AT and MS and CJ. I personally feel that BB and CB are immune to this and that scifi has a marked preference for some actors over others.

YMMV may vary on this and only time will tell. However MS' words are what suggests to me that if there is a s11, it'll be very doubtful if scifi wants MS or AT to be a part of it.

Formerhost
March 9th, 2006, 09:27 AM
he may have. but in a more recent interview i seem to recall him saying something along the line that, as far as scifi was concerned, the actors were less important than the show, which implied that for these actors, they do it scifi's way or they leave. which means that the impression that he and possibly others have is that they are expendable adn can be let go whenever scifi wants to.

Personally? i feel that that attitude only applies to the 'big 3', as in AT and MS and CJ. I personally feel that BB and CB are immune to this and that scifi has a marked preference for some actors over others.

YMMV may vary on this and only time will tell. However MS' words are what suggests to me that if there is a s11, it'll be very doubtful if scifi wants MS or AT to be a part of it.

I guess Michael Shanks was talking about Sony rather, not SciFi, as he negotiated his contract with them, and not Skiffy.

GhostPoet
March 9th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I love change...it keeps things fresh. I love the new team dynamics as I feel they've used up the previous dynamics. Time to move on. :) This new team is working out very well and the new storylines are much more interesting than previous storylines...there's A LOT more going on in the universe now. It's not just a single war...there are tons of little factions with their own idea on what should be done.

jckfan55
March 9th, 2006, 12:56 PM

I like the team *and* the stories. I haven't been impressed by the stories this season, so it's the Big 3 holding me.

Dani347
March 9th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Well, I'm really hating the Ori, and that's the biggest storyline, so the stories suck for me.

However, I'm loving the characters. I'm watching because of the characters. There isn't a single team member I don't like now. I like watching them. I like watching them together. I'm seeing them together, I'm seeing them working together, being friendly, arguing, getting on each other's nerves, relating, comforting (okay, that could use some more work, but I see it). Also, I'm seeing, for me, a lot of Daniel being Daniel, doing Daniel like things, with only a few minor quibbles. I'm seeing all that in season 9, and that's what I like about the season. And, those are the main things I watch the show for.

buuzero
March 9th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I loved season 9 (SO much better than the past 2 seasons) and I am looking forward to S10. The ORI are a great and powerful enemey, and I can't wait to see how it all plays out. Plus, Claudia is hot... but I digress.

It's gonna be one heck of a ride folks!

Spell_Daemon
March 9th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I love season 9, I think it is the best yet (Though as you know many disagree) and as I said on another post I find stargate, in these last seasons, has been getting better each year.

Mitchell82
March 9th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I have been an avid fan sin ce the begining. I loved the original team and I was skeptic of how the new show would be. I was have not been disapointed so far I have loved all the episodes some more than others an d with the season finale tommorow and me as giddy as on my first date all those years ago;) I am verry excited for season ten an will hate the long wait.

Stargate rules:tealc:

KeiranFuller
March 9th, 2006, 07:37 PM
I am very excited for season 10.

JanusAncient
March 9th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Considering the way that season nine is going to end, I am looking forward to season ten, with the exception of the Ori killing super weapon, no human should be able to kill an ascended being, no matter what technology is at their disposal.

Mesenet
March 9th, 2006, 08:47 PM
After 9 years, how can I not give my favorite intergalactic show a chance. Being an optimist, I will justify the so-so season 9 to the fact it underwent a restructuring.

I just hope that TPTB and the writers are keeping a pulse check on us, THE FANS. Despite our passionate debates about the old and new characters, I feel we all want the same thing - consistant well written episodes* with more TEAM dynamics.

(*Personally I would like to see the return of single fully developed storylines vs. multiple unfinished/half baked storylines shoehorned into a single episode.)

Keeping my fingers cross.

:sam: :daniel: :tealc:

the fifth man
March 9th, 2006, 08:53 PM
I'm eagerly awaiting tonight's finale. Season 9 should really go out with a bang.:) And as for season 10, I really think it's going to rule. I am so excited about it. This show just continues to amaze me with how great it can be.

MasySyma
March 9th, 2006, 09:02 PM
I'm looking forward to Season 10, but I'm ready to be in for the long haul. I left SG-1 once, and I returned (Season 6), so I'm ready to watch it evolve right now. I'm enjoying Season 9 and look forward to more seasons.

I'm not sure that TPTB are looking to remove any of the big 3, but given the angst over whether the show could survive the loss of RDA, they probably don't want the show becoming the perceived property of any one character. It isn't the Michael Shanks hour (despite my love for Daniel), nor is it the Claudia Black hour. The actors are actors, and the show SG-1 needs to remain flexible enough to let the actors have lives while creating an arc that interests fans and maintains a well-developed story.

Personally, I love that TPTB didn't drive AT out when not writing in her pregnancy and are allowing MS less screen time so that he can be with his family. Will I miss him on the show? Yes. Naturally, but I trust the show to have something else there, so I can be interested in it for more than just Daniel.

I didn't feel that the show had that when MS left before, so I left too. I couldn't handle Jonas and the issues surrounding the evolution of his character. I've gone back and watched Season 6, but I always find myself missing MS. Now though, I love the show and not just MS. I wish the actor well and congratulations on the soon-to-be new arrival while watching the entire cast of the show I enjoy. Of course, I want all of the actors in many seasons to come, but it is the sense of SG-1 that I enjoy.

the fifth man
March 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
I'm looking forward to Season 10, but I'm ready to be in for the long haul. I left SG-1 once, and I returned (Season 6), so I'm ready to watch it evolve right now. I'm enjoying Season 9 and look forward to more seasons.

Of course, I want all of the actors in many seasons to come, but it is the sense of SG-1 that I enjoy.

I'm so in for the "long haul" as well.:) I love the direction season 9 has taken, and can't wait for next season.

And I too want this current version of SG-1 to remain as is for many more seasons. But I do realize that isn't always possible, especially with a long-running show such as SG-1. As long as the characters are deep and likeable, and the stories entertaining, I'll enjoy this show.

GateTrek2004
March 10th, 2006, 06:05 AM

I think its all based on rumors! NOT FACTS

Jnk18SG-1
March 10th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Hell yes!, I think the ori stuff is cool, and I like vala and mitchell :)

s10 is gonna pwn.

GhostPoet
March 10th, 2006, 11:14 AM
The Orii are easily far more dangerous than the G'ould ever were

Flibble
March 10th, 2006, 11:26 AM
I think Season 9 has taken a great direction, after it took a bit of getting used to. There have been a few episodes that weren't so great, but to be honest there have always been a few epiosdes of SG-1 per-season that weren't so great. I'm very excited about how Season 9 seems to be drawing to a close - especially excited about the season finale tonight. ;) So naturally, I'm interested in seeing what happens next season. However, I haven't been a huge fan of Vala, so not sure if I'll take to her character being around full-time.

sushiman
March 11th, 2006, 12:31 AM
I dont know what the problem is, maybe im too easily entertained (my work exhausts me mentally, so it probably isnt that hard to make me happy) ....

but i've liked all of season 9, i was sad when Jack went (i liked RDA), but then again, shows change ~ we got a new character, and the current characters have changed. I just got used to and I enjoy the changes now too.

In fact, i really dont think i've seen more than 2 or 3 episodes of all the 9 seasons that i thought "wow that was only average" because .... not every episode can be "great" - but why would i expect that anyway?

I'll keep watching it even if a nuclear bomb hit and killed all the team, and the show turns into "SG-13: Russian Unit" and the whole thing is subtitled. It's a fantasy universe that i like. Same reason i watch Atlantis, it's cool cuz it's in the same universe and it's differant. As long as they keep coming up with something differant each few seasons and write reasonbly well ... i really wouldnt see myself stop watching even if it was 30 years from now and it shows them wheelchairing through the gate.

I must be like the producers favorite type of fan ... they can pretty much do anything and i'll probably keep watching the show. :) Keep up the good work writers and producers :)

Sushiman

Nefreyu
March 11th, 2006, 12:55 AM
It may be kinda sad but I'll watch it I've been sucked in from season 1 on showtime and I'm not going to stop watching it now. But I don't like Vala and can't stand Mitchell. I just have to hope it won't be as bad as season 6 or season 9. Atlantis was just a much better show this season and I found myself rather wanting to watch it instead of SG1. Bring back some old story lines, the nox, the furlings, make me want to fast foward time so it's next friday like I use to. I dunno just a lil dissapointed. Season 9 was a total dissapointment for me maybe I'm alone in this.

SuperDuperCool
March 11th, 2006, 08:14 AM
I think there's some big self-selection going on, from the way this thread's question is phrased gives an obvious in to season 9 detractors.

I only recently got into Stargate and I have to say I like all the seasons. Yes, its definitely lost something without RDA and the interactions between O'Neill and the rest of the gang which was great. However, the fighting the Ori has been very cool and brought back the Season 1 vibe where earth was in big trouble, which is always good. I felt the tension was lost with the G'oauld after Apohis died the second time. I mean come on, Anubis was just a Apohis II without a face; withhout as much tension there (he could've gotten his butt kicked by the asgard or replictors).

Also, I think season 7 and 8 were among the worst (which was still pretty good in my book). I mean I really hated not having RDA in each episode and them writing a bunch of filler episodes with side characters I couldn't care less about. Too many of the episodes were goofy (ala Wormhole extreme) which upset the balance. At least now we have the team dynamic in each episode.

SG-1 is still my favorite show on tv.

Peoples_General
March 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM
HELL YEAH!!!

I think this episode (Camelot) brought back new life into the series. :D

ancientaction
March 11th, 2006, 09:25 AM
i'll stick with it. i like stargate, no matter what they do to make a season bad, i alway stay and watch the next week to see if they fix the mistaks.

and besides, its gives me something to do on a friday night

Icemancmd
March 11th, 2006, 09:51 AM
After yesterday nights Finale....if you will not be watching season 10...dont even consider yourself a fan of show..becasue you are not.

RealmOfX
March 11th, 2006, 12:34 PM
After yesterday nights Finale....if you will not be watching season 10...dont even consider yourself a fan of show..becasue you are not.
Hey Sunshine feel free to express an opinion about the show, we all know that there are lots of them :) but you can't call someone not a fan because their opinion may not happen to agree with yours :)

Skydiver
March 11th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Let's lose the personal comments.

The topic of this thread is whether or not someone will watch season ten, now how much of a fan they are.

Keep posts on topic please and keep the tone civil

Droops
March 11th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Personally, I think that S9 has revived the entire Stargate name. No, it's not like the heyday of SG-1, but it's pretty good. I think it's a LOT better than S8 and even S7 were. And I think that S10 will be better. So, yea, I'll be watching. It seems to me to have a lot more potential than SGA right now.

Mattathias2.0
March 11th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Personally... given what I have read (that being spoilers) and this season's finale, Camelot , I say...

Godspeed, Season 10!

Mattathias

Lieutenant Reichwein
March 12th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Yesterday I watched "Moebius part 2" on the TV and actually broke down in tears at the end because it was the end of an era.

If you actually started crying about a TV show, I reccomend you either get more of a social life or seek the help of a psychologist as you may be too addicted to a fictional form of entertainment. ;)

kazzyk
March 12th, 2006, 03:29 AM
Whatever is TPTB thinking?????
I wonder--who do they think their fan base will be? and if they think there are enough of them?

Formerhost
March 12th, 2006, 03:32 AM
Whatever is TPTB thinking?????
I wonder--who do they think their fan base will be? and if they think there are enough of them?

TPTB made a huge step forward. It's a pity some "fans" are still moving backward... Season 10 is gonna rock, I can hardly wait for the mid-July to see "Flesh and Blood" and then the rest of it... :D :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

Karec
March 12th, 2006, 03:36 AM
YES!

I watch for the story. I chould't care less if jack is gone even if he was DAMN funny and all but I whould't care less if Thor or a tollan was in charge.

I JUST WANNA SEE HOW PEOPLE WILL REACT WHEN THEY COME OUT ABOUT THE PAST......What? 9 years? 8?:hammond:

Its gonna be like

"We have an armada of 50 intergalactic space ships. We have destroyed the anceint gods. We have stopped techno bugs. We have met the grey's. Theres a ring that can take you to another planet even another galaxy. We have defeted the Ori, Energy Beings. AND We have about 50 colonies out there that knows of you but you know nothing of them and they have all placed bets on when you stupid dudes where gonna find out"

Flibble
March 12th, 2006, 06:23 AM
After seeing the S10 Finale I will definitely be tuning in for Season 10. I hate having to wait four months to see the next episode, but there are plenty of other things that'll make me forget about it until late June, right after the post-finale excitement has worn off.. :D

As for S9 as a whole, change happens - you'll either like it or not. Its a shame for the fans who aren't keen on Stargate anymore, but thats the way life goes. If things hadn't changed there would be complaints about how its all the same over and over again developing. ;)

I also agree with the person who said that the Gou'ald storyline was getting a bit old/samey. After a while, the whole 'fear factor' surrounding the Gou'ald had been diminished. Its certainly back with the Ori - big time! Their ships can decimate a ours without taking a scratch..

KatG
March 14th, 2006, 11:51 AM

Make a lot of friends that way huh?

eirenne
March 14th, 2006, 12:35 PM
I will be tuning in...

Iguana775
March 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I give every season and show a chance. I'll enjoy it as long as they show it.

SG-SOCOM
March 14th, 2006, 01:31 PM
I'll give season 10 a chance for sure. I actually didn't plan on watching SG-1 after season 8, but I ended up liking season 9 (what i've seen so far) better than season 8!

The_Fifth
March 14th, 2006, 01:49 PM
I dont know what the problem is, maybe im too easily entertained (my work exhausts me mentally, so it probably isnt that hard to make me happy) ....

but i've liked all of season 9, i was sad when Jack went (i liked RDA), but then again, shows change ~ we got a new character, and the current characters have changed. I just got used to and I enjoy the changes now too.

In fact, i really dont think i've seen more than 2 or 3 episodes of all the 9 seasons that i thought "wow that was only average" because .... not every episode can be "great" - but why would i expect that anyway?

I'll keep watching it even if a nuclear bomb hit and killed all the team, and the show turns into "SG-13: Russian Unit" and the whole thing is subtitled. It's a fantasy universe that i like. Same reason i watch Atlantis, it's cool cuz it's in the same universe and it's differant. As long as they keep coming up with something differant each few seasons and write reasonbly well ... i really wouldnt see myself stop watching even if it was 30 years from now and it shows them wheelchairing through the gate.

I must be like the producers favorite type of fan ... they can pretty much do anything and i'll probably keep watching the show. :) Keep up the good work writers and producers :)

Sushiman

same opinion here, i'll still watching Stargate Forever !

Gogogogo season 32 !!

creed462
March 15th, 2006, 08:05 AM
but of course

Lida
March 15th, 2006, 08:28 AM
I'll be there, same SG1 time, same SG1 channel. Every season has it's ups and downs and I'll be watching as long as it's being shown.

pittsburghgirl
March 19th, 2006, 05:02 PM
Why?

Shadowborn
March 20th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I am looking forward to S 10, first off to see how they get out of the fix they are in after the finale to S9.

But moreover, it has been interesting to see the development of a new villian who is developing to be more and more dangerous. Not everything that the team tries works out. we don't know all about them, all their strengths and weaknesses. Even how their technology works is beyond our understanding as of yet, as witnessed by how effective the Ori designed satellite weapon was in "Ethon".

Granted, I would have liked to see something about the Aschen - they would have been a plenty dangerous foe to take on; then again there is really no need for the Tok'ra, the Asgard, the Jaffa, etc to be involved if this season were just about them - and I like seeing all of the above :)

Also granted, they risk really going over the top with the power level and blowing up ships, espciaally nearly new ones... For many years there wasn't any earth ships, now there is a whole bunch of them and they are getting destroyed almost as fast as they can be built

Still, overall, I am glad there is still a show to watch.

The one character I did have a slight problem with was the Colonel Emerson of the new ship "The Oddysey". After someone pointed out the actor's previous role in "The Wedding Singer", I could only think of him as "Colonel Guglia", a big fan of Miami Vice :)

P-90_177
March 28th, 2006, 12:29 AM
Most definately I'll watch it. I still think that the new characters are great. With Mitchell around you don't even notice O'Neill is gone. In origin when RDA shows up in the end it was just like 'oh yeah I forgot about him'. The team in general is great and it's a good time to develop new characters because let's face it, we know the other characters. How many more times can we see T'ealc go on a revenge trip, Carter fall in Love, or Daniel die. It's just getting Old. Landry, Mitchell, Vala, Lam and the Ori help to take the old formula and shake it up a bit. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is more conflict between some of the characters like there was between Jack and Daniel, other than that I'm really looking forward to the new season. S9 was great and went from strength to strength and I'm hoping for the same in S10. Just remember that this is almost a new show we're dealing with. Instead of thinking about the past and whinging about RDA leaving we should Welcome Mitchell and the others.

1DanielForMe
March 28th, 2006, 02:07 AM
I'll certainly give it a chance. I don't think it's fair to not even at least do that. Though I am more anxious about this season than 8 or 9, mainly because of Vala. I mean, it sounds to me as though she may actually become a member of the SG-1 team. I really don't know if I could deal with that. Still, I've stressed before about possible things that could happen on the show, and they either never did, or weren't as bad as I thought they would be. So, hopefully, this will end up being one of those times.

lissafoss
March 28th, 2006, 02:30 AM
Introducing new charactors is always hard, if you dont show enough of them no one gets a chance to know them, but if yo ushow too much the fans feel cheated out of the old cast members. I think they did a good job at balancing it out and im looking forward to next series 10.

Stuey1221
March 28th, 2006, 02:36 AM
Weren't the script writers told at a very late date that the series would be extended so they had very little time to write scripts hence Series 9 has been pretty rubbish in parts, namely the earlier episodes.
They were told Season 10 was going to happen a lot earlier, giving more time to write.

I sincerely hope that S10 isn't going to be the end. If it is, hopefully another station, will take up the SG-1 SGA franchise.

In the Stargate Magazine, one interview with Amanda Tapping, she says that they've been discussing season 15 'around the watercooler', sort of unofficial banter in the SG office

lissafoss
March 28th, 2006, 02:39 AM
they seem to have too much to resolve in season 10, i dont see how they can do it!
That and i just dont want it to end.

Stuey1221
March 28th, 2006, 02:43 AM
they seem to have too much to resolve in season 10, i dont see how they can do it!
That and i just dont want it to end.

I dont think theres a single person on this forum that wants it to end!

Long Live SG-1!

Ori Warrior
March 28th, 2006, 04:52 AM
Most definately I'll watch it. I still think that the new characters are great. With Mitchell around you don't even notice O'Neill is gone. In origin when RDA shows up in the end it was just like 'oh yeah I forgot about him'. The team in general is great and it's a good time to develop new characters because let's face it, we know the other characters. How many more times can we see T'ealc go on a revenge trip, Carter fall in Love, or Daniel die. It's just getting Old. Landry, Mitchell, Vala, Lam and the Ori help to take the old formula and shake it up a bit. The only thing I wouldn't mind seeing is more conflict between some of the characters like there was between Jack and Daniel, other than that I'm really looking forward to the new season. S9 was great and went from strength to strength and I'm hoping for the same in S10. Just remember that this is almost a new show we're dealing with. Instead of thinking about the past and whinging about RDA leaving we should Welcome Mitchell and the others.I agree with alot that you said. RDA made a personal choice and he is gone, so they could have either:

A: Go on without him.
B: Cancelled the show.

I'll take option A please. :) At least with Stargate (with the exception of 2 characters for the entire series.) when someone leaves they don't fill his/her role with another actor and "pretend" it's the same character. (Dr. Weir and Oma Desala are the only characters I can think of that were played by different actors, oh and Orlin but they did the adult/child trick with him.)

Under the circumstances they did a great job. The beginning seemed wierd to most of us I'm sure, but by about mid season I was really into the new story/characters. I also felt towards the end of the season the original team members were given a bit more time. Next year we will see the fruits of all of this years changes, I think it'll be just as good or better than any SG-1 season so far!

As you can see by my name and sig., I'm also liking the new enemy. :hallowed: .....It's also my signature on my profile on XBOX LIVE. :cameronanime12: :D

oh-your-god
March 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
ugh...yes! I'm not going to just give up and stop watching my favourite TV show

Lida
April 4th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Most definitely yes. I am always amazed by those who post on the Anti-season X threads. They are putting down a season that hasn't even completely finished filming the first 4 episodes, in one case and the first 5 in the other. How can you put down something that hasn't even been finished yet, let alone viewed.

Yes, it's possible we'll be disappointed by season 10, but it's also possible we'll be pleasantly surprised. So, I'll withhold dismissing it, until I've actually SEEN at least the first few episodes.

Just my opinion....guess I'm becoming an optimist in my old age. ;)

Happy_Gate
April 4th, 2006, 08:33 AM
Yes. Of course I'll give it a chance. Liked season 9 enough.
I think those judging the season before it starts just from spoilers are being silly.

Mickey23
April 4th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Yes I will give it a chance! Season 9 was a time of change, and guess what, in real life things change too! Think back over the last 9 years of your life. (At least for me, new relationships, new work, etc). So it just wouldn't seem realistic if things were the same as they were in season 1. (Okay, just to preempt some of you from saying it, I know Stargate is a fictional show, and is not real) Yeah, I miss the interaction between the characters when O'Neill was around (esp the Jack/Daniel stuff), but there is new interaction to look forward to.
And, as some of you have already said, introducing new characters takes time and that is what parts of Season 9 focused on. If they just threw new people at us without telling us why they are how they are, their background, etc, we would probably just be confused and might think the characters were just overbearing. I know I have seen shows that do that to new characters and I really hated it because I did not want to get emotionally invested in them.

So all that to say: Yes, I will watch Season 10 and hope that there will be some great stories and great character development.

NotAscended
April 4th, 2006, 09:21 PM
I know where I'll be Friday nights this summer ... watching S10. I feel like the new stories and characters of S9 gave the series quite a bit of momentum going into a new season, and I can't wait to see how the story lines build and resolve in the new season.

the fifth man
April 4th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Give it a chance? Hell, I can't freaking wait for it.:D IMO, season 10 is going to kick some serious butt.

Rhire
April 9th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Yes I will give season 10 a chance Im hooked for life:apophis:

AtlantisForever
April 9th, 2006, 10:40 AM
HELL YES AND PEOPLE WHO SAID NO YOUR FOOL'S
ive been watchin this program since the film first came out and im still loving it hope the writer's dont giveup on us..

rhead
April 10th, 2006, 02:08 AM
NO
Why? I am not interested in the CB and BB show. S9 has already shown the sidelining of the 3 SGC members in favor of the new guy CM and for all intents and purposes SG is no longer a team show. It will be even less so in in S10.

If that was not enough--the Ori and the whole religious war thing--I can read the papers for that.

What if the Ori and the Wraith had something to do with religious war here on earth. Reletivily this planet is in the dark and imature compared to the rest of the galaxy. I'd like to see the stuff in SG1 and SGA in the papers for real not like the War of the Worlds fanfic.

SAM: "If we go public about the gate then [they] cant control it"

cj-1000
April 10th, 2006, 03:59 AM
i didn't like season 9 very much. sorry. don't get mad, "that's just how i feel about it". looking forward to season 10 though. i was one of those that missed jack. alot. but even with jack gone i'd hope sam would be the leader. mitchell is ok but don't like vala at all. guess that's cause i'm female and she is way too over the top. guys would disagree i guess. sam plays a more realistic woman. i relate better to her. vala plays a ....well ...you know...and that is off putting to me. but jack will be back although only for 5 so i'm looking forward to 10 again.

MagnoliaAnaglypta
April 11th, 2006, 04:42 AM
I'll watch Season 10, and I hope I enjoy it as much as I've enjoyed Season 9.

For me this is not the same show I started watching 9 years ago. It simply does not give me that same buzz anymore when I hear the opening music. For me SG1 is Jack, Daniel, Sam and Tealc. However, it is still way better than anything else on TV right now with the exception of BSG. Plus I do like Vala.

On balance I enjoyed season 9 more than i enjoyed seasons 6, 7 or 8, and I have hopes that I will continue to enjoy the show, but like you Gipsy, It's not the same show that I started watching 9 years ago. I don't expect it to be, because all shows have to evolve in order to survive, although I haven't agreed with some of the things they've done to this show, and some decisions they've made, dramatically, have annoyed the H&ll out of me.

I've changed over the years so I can't expect my reactions to the show to be the same as they were back then in that first flush of enthusiasm for the show. In fact, if the show *were* to recapture exactly what made me love the show in the first place, I probably STILL wouldn't regain that sense of love that I had for it back then, because I've lived with the show for so long that it's like a comfortable old jumper, and I probably *can't* get that involved with it again. But there's no doubt that I've been increasingly bored with a lot of the show recently (I mean the last few years) and my viewing habits and patterns have changed. For the first time ever I didn't buy the Season 8 DVDs. I don't record it to watch later anymore (although I did start again in S9, I haven't really done much rewatching). I used to record them and watch them over and over, but they bore me too quickly now, the level of sophistication, to me, has dropped so that it can no longer sustain my interest through several viewings.

I don't really care that much any more about who leaves the show and who comes in as a replacement, as long as the characters that are there do the job they're supposed to, make me care about them, make me interested in them, and give me that 42 minutes of viewing enjoyment each week. I dislike it when established characters are manipulated to fit plotlines or to fill plotholes, and that has happened more and more over the years. I dislike it when characters are inconsistent or suddenly display new traits or talents simply because without them the episode plot wouldn't work. If characters or their talents are to change then one should be able to follow the reason and history of that progression, not suddenly have it dropped on you from a great height because it's convenient for the story. That's lazy writing, and yes, I think I've seen quite a bit of it over the last couple of years.

The Ori storyline has, in some ways, potential in a way the Goa'uld storyline never had, but I do retain some considerable scepticism that this potential can or will ever be fully realised on a TV show which its present creators seem to think is first and foremost a comedy. Yes, comedic elements are essential in a dramatic show, if only to relieve the tension at the correct moment and provide variation in pace and drama, but some of the comedy has been *so* heavy handed in recent years that I do have serious doubts that this particular team is capable of doing what they've potentially set up with the Ori real justice. Is their solution going to be a technological cop out? A bigger and better weapon, yet again? Very probably, and if so, that will really disappoint me.

But as we head towards the start of Season 10, I have a reasonable amount of confidence that I'll find enough in it to enjoy on a shallow level, and I'm still hoping that I might find that I'm wrong, that the writers will really surprise me with the depth of their scripts, and that I will go back to loving the show on the same level that I once did. And that would be absolutely wonderful.

AmberLM
April 16th, 2006, 04:10 AM
I have my reservations about it and I haven't bothered to watch most of S9 but I will watch any episodes that:

1) Have Sam in a MAIN storyline as a significant participant
2) Have Jack back
3) Have any hint of S/J ship (although I think I covered that with 2)

In that order.

luthienberen
April 16th, 2006, 05:59 AM
No.

Season 9 in my opinion was just as bad as Seasons 7-8 of Stargate SG-1. The only relief was that RDA was (mostly) not involed in the show so I no longer had to watch my favourite character detoriate into an idoit who had consitpation whenever he had to act the 'shippy' scenes with Carter.

I despise Vala - if I want to watch women dressed in tight leather with humour more suitable for the gutter then I'll watch most of the other sci-fi shows out here.

Mitchell? Er, how did someone so immature get to be Colonel? Ben Browder is a brilliant actor! Give him something to work with!

The storylines leave much to be desired.

There is no reason to torture myself further, I have no love for the Carter character, Teal'c I'm indifferent to and Daniel has changed into an immature jerk who is more solider than archelogist (apologies for poor spelling and any insult to Daniel fans I do love the character!). The actors are doing their best and I wish them the best:) but I'll not stay and witness (imo) their fall.

I'll stick to Seasons 1-3 which had (mostly) excellent storylines, a RDA who wanted to be there:jack_new_anime18: Jack/Daniel friendship, a Sam who I could respect if not like :samanime15: , no ship and even the feeling of a team. Seasons 4-6 weren't too bad either: Jonas and some great eps too.

Best Seasons in order: 2, 1, 3, 4, 6 and 5.:bow:

Best wishes to those who continue to watch - I hope you get what you want!:) For me Season 6 was the end.

ParadoxRealities
April 16th, 2006, 05:19 PM
yes. honestly, i could barely stand s9, i hate the new!show and characters. mitchell is much to inconsistant and contrived, and a horrible leader, not to mention officer. vala is OTT and out of place and too readily excepted. sam has been completely pushed to the background. and so has teal'c, for the most part. daniel has become merely a sidekick to mitchell and vala. there is no team anymore, much less a story. and by the spoilers, TPTB LOVE it, and nothing's really going to change. but i believe. I BELIEVE. because i'm a masochist.

Suze
April 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM
I don't really think so, unless I hear some good news. I don't like Vala, a little of her goes a llllloooonnnnnggggg way. I've also been missing the team dynamic. The deep affection and friendship of Sam, Daniel and Teal'c has been lost. And lastly,I'd also like to say that after all these years, could we please have ONE, only ONE ep with Daniel and Sam considering the possibilities of "could be, might have been." with them together. I suppose instead it will be Vala and Daniel in a torrid love affair.

S.

GeneralHammond
April 20th, 2006, 01:00 PM
I have been watching Stargate SG-1 since day one, and was absolutely outraged when the series continued without Richard Dean Anderson at the helm, and to make it even worse, the new guy, Ben Browder, gets first billing in the title sequence.

As well as i understand it, the Ori were introduced into the series because they didn't know what to do with the show, as they had ended season 8 on a DAMNED GOOD SHOW FINALE.

The Ori story arc raises so many problems:

1. Why aren't they going to the pegasus galaxy if they saw everything in daniel's head?

2. How the bloody hell do you selectively kill ascended beings, when the only person you know who has experienced it, Daniel, remembers little or nothing about his time ascended.

3. Why would anyone who had moved on to a new job be coerced into coming back to work by a new idiot who had a hissyfit when he found out that he had been screwed over by a general with a bizarre sense of humour.

Other things that annoyed me about season 9:

RDA being in those two scenes with Mitchell, just served to pour salt in the wound.
Officially, the worst episodes in Stargate History were Avalon Pts 1 & 2.

STARGATE SG-1 what? its more FARSGATE 1 (Pronounced FarceGate).

For the record, Atlantis Season 2 shat all over SG-1 Season 9. Lets hope the rivallry continues.

SG-1 Season 8 should have been it's last, and i was very surprised to find that the show was to continue.

The Ori Arc cannot possible go on longer than season 10, and i seem to remember Brad Wright saying that he would do 10 seasons. Does this mean more? 6 years after he said it it could!

the fifth man
April 20th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Personally, I can't freaking wait for season 10 to get here. I think SG-1 remains a very strong show, and that it could go on for several more seasons.:)

StarsAlign
April 22nd, 2006, 06:48 PM
No, I do not plan to watch season 10. I might tune in for a few episodes--most likely the premier, "Pegasus Project" and "200," just for curiosity's sake. But unless I'm absolutely blown away by the premier, I will definitely not be watching season 10 on a regular basis.

I actually started to lose interest in SG-1 around season 7. I'm not entirely sure why; I can't put my finger on an exact reason, but it didn't really seem the same to me anymore. Season 8 was not much better, but it was season 9 pushed me over the cliff completely. I don't care about the Ori. I don't care about Mitchell. I don't care about Vala. It just wasn't SG-1 any more. I realize the show had to undergo some change--the Goa'uld had been around for an awfully long time and it was time for some fresh blood. But it was like the show underwent a complete makeover and came out looking nothing like the show I used to love. The introduction of Atlantis didn't help at all--I just started watching and obsessing over Atlantis instead of SG-1.

But if there's one thing that absolutely guarantees I won't be watching season 10, it's Vala being added as a regular character. There are few things that disgust me more than characters whose main purpose (or at least, one main purpose) is to sex up the screen and draw in members of a certain demographic that TPTB are obsessed with. I had enough of Vala's ridiculous leather outfits and cheesy, idiotic, unfunny sex and pregnancy jokes after about two minutes. Why on earth would I want to watch an entire season of her? Not to mention the news that she'd actually been added to the SG-1 team pretty much made me fall off my chair laughing.

Setesh
April 22nd, 2006, 08:06 PM
I'm going to jump in and go right against what is obiously (?) popular opinion.

Except for the rather, well, silly to be honest, episodes of Avalon I think season 9 has been the best season since the first, and I am eagerly looking forward to season 10, especially since I heard that Varla is going to be a regular.

Anyhow, I've seen this before. It's human behaivor, a deep rooted conservatism. Happens to every show, the "old timers" complain, and honestly, I'm getting sick of it. I've seen it too many times before to even care any longer. Things get better, but all people do is complain because it isn't as it used to.
I liked Jack O'Neill as much as anyone, but he wasn't the show. The show is about the bad guys. The heroes are replacable, as long as there are 'good' bad guys.
I'm a little sorry they went for the 'false gods' road again, but they did it so well that I forgive them.:o

Trek_Girl42
April 22nd, 2006, 10:20 PM
What is the point if the show continues to be the same year after year? I love how TPTB have mixed things up a little, the new characters are progressing nicely, and I'm really optimistic for next season. Season nine was very strong, so I have high expectations for season ten.

Deevil
April 23rd, 2006, 02:44 AM
As someone who has also watched the show from the beginning, I can tell you Setesh that not all of us hated season 9. It's a misnomer, but one that tends to get bought up.

Happy_Gate
April 23rd, 2006, 03:23 AM
I...must...watch...season....10.....must...follow....voices...in...head..... :S

Trek_Girl42
April 23rd, 2006, 07:38 PM
As someone who has also watched the show from the beginning, I can tell you Setesh that not all of us hated season 9. It's a misnomer, but one that tends to get bought up.
Cause haters are more vocal.....so us pros don't get heard. Come on pros, speak up!:cameron: :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :sam: :jack:

rhead
April 23rd, 2006, 11:12 PM
Personally, I can't freaking wait for season 10 to get here. I think SG-1 remains a very strong show, and that it could go on for several more seasons.:)

Sentient: from wikipedia.com:

Sentience is the ability to perceive. It is separate from, and not dependent on, the other aspects of consciousness; because of this, some have suggested the possibility of philosophical zombies (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_zombie), beings which are not sentient but nonetheless behave exactly as you would expect a human to behave.

Primus Commander Woden
April 24th, 2006, 02:44 AM
cant wait for season ten cant wait to see more jack!!!!!!

generaloneill
April 24th, 2006, 09:38 AM
i'm going to give season 10 a chance as well because i'm not like those people who think now that jack is gone is sg-1 worth watching anymore even without jack sg-1 is still a great program to watch and it's not like jack is dead. i gave season 9 a chance and i liked it and i'm going to like season 10 as well. :mckay:

The_Gatester
April 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM
I sure would give it a try. It's been interresting with the Ori so far. Can't wait to see what they do with season 10 with O'Neill coming back for some eps.

Teelie
April 24th, 2006, 02:34 PM
I'll be watching it. I've been a fan of Stargate since the movie and while the series has had it's down points, it's not over yet for me. At 10 years, it's hard to be original, creative with new ideas and yet keep to the core of the series without alienating the viewers.

Obviously a lot of people find the 9th season to be bad but IMO season 1 was worse and look how the series progressed and improved. This is the proverbial restart of the series and it may start off bad but improve greatly. Given a chance that is.

deemax
May 7th, 2006, 05:05 AM
YES
i'm a big fan of stargate sg-1 and also SGA.
I think this season 10 will be worth to see it:jack:

Betelgeuze
May 7th, 2006, 05:29 AM
I will definitely watch season 10, i liked season 9 altough not as much as season 2 of SGA. Overall i found the season was worth watching, the Ori are an interesting new enemy imo. I am looking forward to learning more about them and the Ancients in season 10

pittsburghgirl
May 7th, 2006, 05:55 AM
oh let me count the ways-not!

more and more of what i read and what i am "hearing" i am beginning to like the idea of 10 less and less.

the Boys from Vancouver still do not seem to get what a major complaint is-their writing.

i like Ben and Claudia and Beau-but quite seriously the tripe and the fairly schizophrenic presentation of Ben's character makes it harder for me to give a rat's tushie hair about what happens to them individually or as a team.

and the super evil alien baby story line-please-been there-done that-moving on.

they made poor use of their stars and poor choices in their presentation and yet...they have absolutely no self-awareness of how very disturbed their fan base is with what they are doing-and I would hazzard a guess that it isn't just the Shippers (of which I am one)

so..No..I won't be giving season 10 a snowballs' chance.

Formerhost
May 7th, 2006, 05:59 AM
HELL YEAH!!! S10 episodes spoilers sounds great and it's definitely gonna be fun to watch! :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

the fifth man
May 7th, 2006, 12:04 PM
HELL YEAH!!! S10 episodes spoilers sounds great and it's definitely gonna be fun to watch! :daniel: :vala: :tealc: :sam: :cameron:

You got that right.:) I am very, very positive so far about Season 10. The spoilers I've read so far make me smile.

Trek_Girl42
May 7th, 2006, 05:26 PM
I'm giddy with anticipation.:D

Beakymoose
May 7th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I have always been one of those people who watches shows for the long haul. I've watched SG-1 for years, through season 6 (which had its moments of brillaince, but wasn't all that great comparatively) and wwhen RDA didn't ome back last year. The show just keeps getting better and better. The writers seem to have really hit their groove with this story line, and I'm so hooked, I can'ts top watching.

Drmweaver
May 21st, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yes, I also have been in it for the long haul (I subscribed to Showtime just to be sure to see this series in the far distant past). And of course with RDA coming back, it should be interesting to show how things shift around even for the short-term. Will this be the last season? Hope not...but I won't hold my breath and turn interesting colors

Gal-in-Black
May 21st, 2006, 02:34 PM
I will watch this show till the show dies or I do.
I lovveeeee stargate and now they have Ben Browder and Claudia Black are there I love it even more...and RDA is coming back a few times on SG-1 this season and Im HYPER GIDDY I cannot wait.

the fifth man
May 21st, 2006, 07:01 PM
I will watch this show till the show dies or I do.

Boy do I second that.:) Let's hope either option isn't for a very, very long time.

Trek_Girl42
May 22nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Boy do I second that.:) Let's hope either option isn't for a very, very long time.
Lol, agreed.....although I'd really preferred the show died before I did- then I'd know the conclusion. And I intend to live a long time. :D :)

the fifth man
May 22nd, 2006, 06:51 PM
Lol, agreed.....although I'd really preferred the show died before I did- then I'd know the conclusion. And I intend to live a long time. :D :)

Same here.:)

HirogenGater
May 22nd, 2006, 07:58 PM

:lol:

xxmynameismikexx
May 23rd, 2006, 02:25 AM
i will carry on to make sure i watch EVERY! episode of EVERY! seires of Stargate. :)

MB.Eddie
May 23rd, 2006, 02:38 AM
i will carry on to make sure i watch EVERY! episode of EVERY! seires of Stargate. :)

I agree with you there ;)

Deevil
May 23rd, 2006, 03:41 AM
They need to supply 3 kinds of ice-cream, Irish Cream, Expresso and Vanilla and I'll so be watching.

Okay, I'll supply the ice-cream, they can supply the show.

xxmynameismikexx
May 23rd, 2006, 06:56 PM
i'll bring the beer

Futura
May 24th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Of course i would give Season 10 a watch. I'm a huge Stargate fan and wouldn't miss it for the world. Even if the focas is on one character i would still watch it. but i would still like to see that the whole SG-1 team are the focaus of the episode.

grasshopper64
May 31st, 2006, 09:37 AM
I'll definitely give season 10 a chance, SG1 will never be the same as those early seasons, but I didn't find season 9 too bad for the most part.
I have come to like Landry and Mitchell, although I'm not convinced that having Vala full time is a good thing. I just found her way too over the top in S9, and I really tried to like her.
I believe in giving people a chance though so perhaps if there is less of the whole annoying Daniel thing, it doesn't become too much the Vala/Mitchell show and there is more of her with Carter and even Teal'c, I'll be convinced.
One thing I don't think I could stand is any Daniel/Vala shipping, in my opinion the J/S shipping spoilt parts of the show for me, I'm not against characters having relationships, just as has been said previously, I just don't think it can be done justice.