This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgards/knox and ascension

Why have not these two poweful ancient races ascended yet? I wonder if they have or are part of the Others that Orlin joined after ascending again. Perhaps we will get lucky and this will get address in a futre Sg1 episode.

maybe they are incapable of it
    http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
    The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Or they're still not advanced enough.

Best Stargate quote:
      Sheppard: (yells to McKay) Canadian football is a joke! Celine Dion is overrated! Zelenka is smarter than you are!
      Green is your friend.

Comment

Perhaps the disagreement on whether they should ascend or not was what caused the breaking of the four great races.

Comment

We havent got any insight into how it is to be ascended other than that a massive knowledge of the universe is available to you. How you actually exist, or how you see other ascended beings, or what the heck you really do on this other "plane of existance", we dont know anything about. And I doubt the writers will ever dig into that, unfortunately.

The Nox seem pretty comfortable with their life situation from what I remember. They maybe even dont want to ascend. Surely you lose something every time you gain something. Usually works that way.

Comment

Maybe they don't want to ascent because they see how moronic the ancient became.

Comment

May the NOX have had some of there people Ascned . we really dont know to much about then , we visited there planet once talked to them for a few and then went home .

The asgards might not have the understanding of ascention , maybe there missing something that humans will help them find later on to ascend .

Comment

I think it has been implied that ascension is somehow related to the human condition and its specific evolution to a higher plane, with steps along the way in which other abilities are discovered (e.g., healing, telepathy, etc.). Maybe it's simply not part of the Nox and Asgard DNA makeup.

Another alternative is that the Nox and Asgard might have the ability, but choose not to ascend because they consider themselves guardians. The Nox protect the animals on their planet and the Asgard have all the various worlds they protect. As has been demonstrated, even some ascended beings remain tied to worlds or people they choose to protect.

Comment

if a goa'uld can ascend, how much harder can it be for other races? i can see the nox ascending but not the asgard.

Comment

maybe that's where all the furlings went.

Comment

maybe but unlikly i recon the NOX can ascend because they dont like to fight/ defend there self.. and the asguard is in clones they dont have body's to ascend with lol

Comment

The Others are the Ancients that have ascended already and live on another plane of excistance (which we cannot comprehent probably).

The Ancients cannot interfere with us lower-beings, they are the Watchers. Orlin broke the rule, so he was banished to that planet, but he made up for his mistakes and The Other Ancients allowed him back to their realm, i suppose. (someone correct me if I'm wrong)

So the Others are not Nox or Asgard, But Ancients (Alteran, Atlantean etc)
                        Last edited by wolverine_nl; 06 March 2006, 04:21 AM.

Comment

If I had the choice: I wouldnt want to Ascend. Yes you gain LOTS of knowlege...

But what else is there? I'd rather live, die and see whats next.

I personally think they just dont want to or it doesnt really....interest them.
                          Nox are happy as tree huggers
                          Asgard are just....there
                          Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz

Asgard are just....there
                            Haha lol i agree, tree huggers lol

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz

Asgard are just....there

Well, remember what Skaara said after he died, and was ascended by Oma Desala? He told Jack that death was merely the beginning of the journey, and that they would meet again. Daniel was told that there are many levels of ascension, and that not all the ascended were on the same level. Daniel was caught in a limbo-like level, between death and ascension, but as I said it was suggested that death was not the end of the road for human beings. We know that Buddhism is related to the 8-fold path of enlightenment practiced by the Ancients. Buddhism suggest that human spirits are reincarnated into new lives "until-they-get-it-right", which is to say they are able to reach enlightenment and ascend.

On the other hand, as Orlin put it, when one worships the Ori they die the most meaningless death. That is to say, they've made absolutely no progress at all towards their own enlightenment. Essentially, they would have to "repeat-the-grade" in school, because they've failed completely to learn anything the first time through. So even for worshipers of the Ori, death isn't the end, it is only that they've made no progress for themselves, so they've completely wasted an entire lifetime. I guess they just have to hope they aren't born in the Ori galaxy the second time around, assuming reincarnation exist in the Stargate universe.

Also, like Orlin told them, the Ancients of our galaxy are STILL seeking further enlightenment, even though they've already ascended. This may be one of the reasons the Alterrans have remained beyond the Ori's reach despite the additional power boost provided by their worshipers. The Ori's own evil ways prevent them from ascending any higher than they are, but if they were able to convert our entire galaxy to their own ends, they might achieve enough of a power boost to finally outmatch the Ancients and defeat them.

As to the Asgard and the Nox... I've a feeling that some of the Nox have probably already ascended. They are after all, a very spiritual people, and I have no doubt that ascension is within their reach. As for the Asgard, I think they could potentially achieve ascension, but they are too material minded to make the leap beyond their physical form. In place of ascension, they've tried to give themselves the closest thing to immortality without actually ascending through their genetics programs. Ironically, this has also left them in a critically dangerous situation, as their cloning technology is not without its drawbacks. They are currently trying to restore their ability to procreate, in an effort to save their race.
                              The success or failure of your deeds, does not add up to the sum of your life. Your spirit cannot be weighed! Judge yourself by the intentions of your actions, and by the strength with which you faced the challenges that have stood in your way. The Universe is so vast, and we are so small, there is only truly one thing we can control; whether we are good or evil... -Oma Desala
                              Spoiler:

To all the 'Sci & Tech' forum users: If you are searching for a thread about your topic of interest, please come visit our Concordance Thread. If you have any questions, we will attempt to help you.
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=26498

Feel free to pass the green..!

My Website... http://return-of-the-constitution.webs.com
                              My Blog @ http://myhatsize.blogspot.com
                              Amazing Literary Works of Fel... http://sennadar.com/wp/

Also, visit my webpage at... http://www.stargatesg1.com/Seastallion Sadly, this page is gone with the website that supported it, but I'll keep the link up in memorial.

Comment

Working...
                              X