Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ghost Rider and His Bike...who's seen it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghost Rider and His Bike...who's seen it?

Who's seen this?

Unflamed Front:

Unflamed Back:

The back looks sort of like an Iratus bug shell, doesn't it?!

It's a bloody beast and wicked cool; I want this bike! Below is a link to the site for the new film..

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/g...der/index.html
    Click statement above to read article.

i've just got a really bad feeling about this movie.

the promo posters look really bad and the one with the chain makes it look more like a spawn knockoff rather than the other way around.
    Thanks!
    Jordan

my page
    My LJ
    From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Yeah it doesnt look like a good movie
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Guys who cares about the movie?! I mean it was already bad when it was Nicolas Cage playing the role...ugh! And could you believe he might have been superman?! Just makes me cringe....I'm talking about the bike...how wicked is that bike..I wonder what it can do...I mean that's like the ultimate scifi freak brought to life...sort of reminds me of Aliens but as a bike!

vB
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella
          Guys who cares about the movie?! I mean it was already bad when it was Nicolas Cage playing the role...ugh!
          Who here has read the Ghost Rider comics?? Maybe a few, maybe no one? I've read all of them and I thought Nicholas Cage was literally perfect casting. He has the acting chops to flawlessly convey what the role calls for; suffering, depression, anguish. If there is one thing that Nicholas Cage can do, it's suffering and depressed. I agree, he would've been a horrible Superman; almost as bad as The Rock being Goku.

As for the look of the bike, etc...it looks pretty weak. This is one of those comics that would require a VERY dark script to be conveyed correctly. If this is somehow just trying to be a comic action movie, then it is completly, horribly, doomed. You would need, graphic, disturbing serial killers as villans. And a tortured, vengeful, demon from hell who punishes them with such supernatural intimidation that the killers feel the suffering they caused with their crimes. It's called the Peneance Stare, it's supposed to be Ghost Rider's main move.

It will also be interesting to see how they decide to handle the fight scenes. In all the great comic fight scenes, Ghost Rider would first just stand there eating 5 minutes of machine gun and shotgun blasts. Then he would pick up his destroyed skeleton body, with the jacket completly ripped to shreds, and then start to completly pummel people. Every punch he threw would break out all of the teeth of the bad guys. In short, it was SUPER dark and brutal, and it looks like this movie isn't willing to go that dark....it looks like they're going for the Batmobile. I hope I'm wrong.
          Last edited by Battousai the Manslayer; 01 March 2006, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Battousai the Manslayer
            As for the look of the bike, etc...it looks pretty weak. This is one of those comics that would require a VERY dark script to be conveyed correctly. If this is somehow just trying to be a comic action movie, then it is completly, horribly, doomed. You would need, graphic, disturbing serial killers as villans. And a tortured, vengeful, demon from hell who punishes them with such supernatural intimidation that the killers feel the suffering they caused with their crimes. It's called the Peneance Stare, it's supposed to be Ghost Rider's main move.

It will also be interesting to see how they decide to handle the fight scenes. In all the great comic fight scenes, Ghost Rider would first just stand there eating 5 minutes of machine gun and shotgun blasts. Then he would pick up his destroyed skeleton body, with the jacket completly ripped to shreds, and then start to completly pummel people. Every punch he threw would break out all of the teeth of the bad guys. In short, it was SUPER dark and brutal, and it looks like this movie isn't willing to go that dark....it looks like they're going for the Batmobile. I hope I'm wrong.
            I've heard that this is planned to be a hard R film, though there hasn't been anything officially said in that regard. I've never been much of a comics reader, but I have enjoyed most of the Marvel movies that have come out over the last several years, and am looking forward to this one. It's still a year off, right?

As for the bike, that image is at least a year old. It was presumable an intial promo/effects test shot. Look for the flame effect to be improved, at the very least.

a time to mourn

Comment

I know I'm at least interested in it. I'll wait a bit before judging it either way. I like Nicholas Cage as an actor, and will give him a shot at playing this role. It might end up being a good one.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
              X