PDA

View Full Version : First details on 'The Pegasus Project' (SPOILERS)

Darren
February 27th, 2006, 04:14 PM
First details on 'The Pegasus Project'

The first info has arrived at GateWorld for "The Pegasus Project," an early episode of Stargate SG-1's tenth season. The episode is written by series co-creator Brad Wright and will be directed by Will Waring, and is slated to be the third episode in production order.

Beware of spoilers!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/firstdetailsonthepegasuspr.shtml

Jumper One
February 27th, 2006, 04:21 PM
This episode looks good! I'm not sure if spoiler tags are needed here, so I'll just do it anyway,
Finally, an SG-1 SGA crossover!

Atreyu
February 27th, 2006, 04:24 PM
Sounds like a hell of an ep to me. Cant wait :cameron:

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 27th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Very interesting. Though i am somewhat curious about how this Morgan Le Fay and Merlin arc goes. In some Arthurian legends she was not evil as some stories would say but in fact a kind person who helped Arthur heal in Avalon. Also some legends say that Merlin taught her. Anyway that should be interesting and nice to see further development of the new 'mythology' of the show. Also if you click the link Moros it links to that Atlantean who banned Janus's time travel work. Could they be the same person or just coincidence?

Jumper One
February 27th, 2006, 04:28 PM
Very interesting. Though i am somewhat curious about how this Morgan Le Fay and Merlin arc goes. In some Arthurian legends she was not evil as some stories would say but in fact a kind person who helped Arthur heal in Avalon. Also some legends say that Merlin taught her. Anyway that should be interesting and nice to see further development of the new 'mythology' of the show. Also if you click the link Moros it links to that Atlantean who banned Janus's time travel work. Could they be the same person or just coincidence?

I think that they are the same, so you can kinda go back to the SGA episode and go "Hey! It's Merlin!"... or something to tha effect. :)

SierraGulf1
February 27th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Vala in Atlantis was an image I never thought I'd see, but I don't mind it. :jack:

prion
February 27th, 2006, 04:48 PM
For those interested in more detailed spoilers (in other words, you want more more more :) check out

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=483

Blitz
February 27th, 2006, 04:50 PM
This ep is just gonna rock. Seriously it sounds amazing. Vala in Atlantis...should be amusing.

jonno
February 27th, 2006, 04:58 PM
Finally ... Daniel's going to Atlantis!!!

This is just going to be an awesome ep. Finally, we get an SG-1 to Atlantis crossover, rather than the other way round.

As it only mentioned Weir in the summary it's unlikely we'll see any of the other 'main' Atlantis cast (although it would be awesome to see Shep and the others in SG-1), i hope we get someone like Zelenka or Beckett in it as well.

Also, with the rest of SG-1 on a mission in the Odyssey, how did Danny and Vala get to Atlantis? The Daedalus?

prion
February 27th, 2006, 05:09 PM
This ep is just gonna rock. Seriously it sounds amazing. Vala in Atlantis...should be amusing.

Er, shouldn't that third sentence be in white as it's a SPOILER?? hint hint ;)

user_4574
February 27th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Could they be the same person or just coincidence?

[Highlight to read:]

It struck me ever since I saw Avalon with that hologram in the cave that the voice sounded very familiar to that of the guy in "before I sleep". After mentally trying to study the guy on what he would look like with out that hat and beard...well - I pretty much convinced myself back then that it was the same guy and was quite pleased to see the tie in. To have this aspect add that extra dimension and pretty much confirm what I thought anyway is jsut gonna be awesome!

Any one else think even back then that it was the same guy?

freyr's mother
February 27th, 2006, 05:43 PM
When I read that Vala is going to atlantis i couldnt help but think that she's going to come back with some souveneirs if you catch my drift.

prion
February 27th, 2006, 05:52 PM
When I read that Vala is going to atlantis i couldnt help but think that she's going to come back with some souveneirs if you catch my drift.
'
Ahem, you mean souveniers like...

Sheppard?
McKay?
Ronon?
Beckett?

Heh, the men of Atlantis had better watch out with Vala around. Actually, someone wrote a great story where Vala did visit Atlantis and cornered poor Beckett in a closet - until Daniel rescued him! Very cute. But I suspect the hunks of Atlantis will be off on a mission or something and therefore safe from Vala's clutches. I mean, she'd be a fool not to at least make a pass or five at the guys there... Or even poor Zelenka. Man, I think he'd be helpless against her ways ;)

Eoin
February 27th, 2006, 05:55 PM
This ep is gonna be absofreak'nlutly brilliant....I cant wait for it :D

xfkirsten
February 27th, 2006, 06:02 PM
This episode just sounds awesome! :D I really can't wait to see it! Personally, I'm looking forward to see how Dr. Weir deals with/reacts to Vala - the potential for comedy there is great. ;)

LaCroix
February 27th, 2006, 06:03 PM
You know when I wrote this in the comment section of Joe's blog on 10/31/05
I figured it wouldn't happen. But it did.

Here's one thought for the masses.

If you look between the lines of any Vala and Daniel fans, the reason why they want Carter gone (along with the actor who plays her), is because
in their heart of hearts they want both of these characters to be on Atlantis.

In a way I can understand why Daniel fans want him to be there. But what earthly reason why any fans of SGA would want Vala there?

LaCroix

Just MHO of course.

mckaychick
February 27th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Wow this is going to be a very good episode. Cant wait

keppiezbt
February 27th, 2006, 06:15 PM
this sounds really good

from the spoilers we learn two things:

1. finally find out what happenes to the ancients when they came back from atlantis. also shows that they learned ascenion in the pegasus galaxy and brought that knowledge to the MW

2. we dont find the super weapon at the end of season 9

keppiezbt
February 27th, 2006, 06:19 PM
also doesnt this remind you of the replicator story line? we search for like 2 seasons to find some ancient all powerful weapon to destory an enemy we cant destory without it just barely getting it in the end?

obviously since we dont find the merlin weapon at the end of s9 shows they are following the same search and discover story line!

better ways to end this i think....

KeiranFuller
February 27th, 2006, 06:26 PM
Yeah I am really looking forward to this episodes. Episodes like this is what'll keep SG-1 going strong.

JanusAncient
February 27th, 2006, 06:39 PM
1.How is cloakin the Ori stargate going to stop anything, unless they're talking about the stargate in the Ori home galaxy, which wouldn't be daring, but a moronic undertaking!

2. What will be Morgan Le Fey's punishment, and is she also Melia, whom I adore?

3. Does this episode seems to be getting closer, or further away from the story involving the route of the problems, between the Ancient's and the Ori?

This will be an amazing episode!

JUNIOR
February 27th, 2006, 06:56 PM
It’s kinda weird though because Merlin/Moros seemed like the last person that would defy the Ancients and go behind their backs. He seemed more like the type that would be very much against any ascended being involved in clandestine activity especially if the collective group didn’t approve.

Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia
February 27th, 2006, 07:07 PM
1.How is cloakin the Ori stargate going to stop anything, unless they're talking about the stargate in the Ori home galaxy, which wouldn't be daring, but a moronic undertaking!

I think that means putting an iris on it so that it will be nullified.

Hybridbabe
February 27th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Two words to describe this ep:

SHEER BRILLIANCE.

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's about TIME we heard the name of Morgan Le Fey! I've been waiting a freaking YEAR for an ep about her!!! YEAH!

And Vala? Daniel? IN ATLANTIS????? I'm getting chills! and super hyperness! YEAH!

ShadowMaat
February 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM
I hope to hell that this all stays solely on the SG-1 side because I really don't want to see Atlantis defiled by the presence of Vala.

I'm fairly disgusted. Of all the people they COULD cross over, she would be at the bottom of my list.

Please, please tell me there won't be a relevant Atlantis ep, too.

the fifth man
February 27th, 2006, 09:23 PM

Indeed!:) The spoilers do make it seem like it's going to be something special.

JMatthews
February 27th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I'm wondering how they get to atlantis? Do they go by the Daedalus or does Earth find another ZPM.

ToasterOnFire
February 27th, 2006, 09:27 PM
Word, Shadow. I've been wanting to see Daniel on Atlantis for a while, but I may have to invest in a large supply of brainbleach to get over Vala's presence. I'm hoping this is a one SG1 episode only deal.

*Shudders at the thought of possible Shep/Vala interactions.* :S

SethP
February 27th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I can't stand Vala's charactor and almost all of her involvement adds the unwanted sillyness to the show. Ultimately, I think her show makes SG-1 a little less cool everytime shes on an episode and makes it a little bit closer to the cheese I hate so much.

NakedJehutyV2
February 27th, 2006, 10:41 PM
daniel and vala in atlantis!!!!!!!!

Hatcheter
February 27th, 2006, 11:54 PM
Well, the spoiler was a little more detailed than I would have liked, but for the general point, Daniel and Vala in Atlantis, I couldn't be more excited. As has been said, Weir is the only character mentioned to appear in this episode. Given the track record of crossovers the last two seasons (excepting the pilot, but that was a special occasion), only one star of the visiting show has appeared at a time, along with some of the show's bit players. They probably have to pay them big guest star wages for the appearance, I would think.

valaCB
February 28th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Sounds like a hell of an ep to me. Cant wait :cameron:
Me too :jack:

Formerhost
February 28th, 2006, 01:53 AM
Indeed!:) The spoilers do make it seem like it's going to be something special.

Wow! I can hardly wait to see it!!!

shockwave
February 28th, 2006, 02:29 AM
I hope McKay has at least a cameo, a scene with Vala

immhotep
February 28th, 2006, 02:38 AM
This episode is going to be awesome, except there is one major plot hole in this whole orii killing thing. The ascended admited there is no way to kill anubis meaning there is no way to kill the ascended, so theres no way to kill the orii.
I hop they explain this, other than that this episode is going to be awesome beyond belief, we now have to summerise that atlantis will have an ascended gaurdian, theres aleast 3 ascended women in contact with the AE now.
morgan lefay, interestng that she was actually merlins lover, who learned all she can from him.....i wonder if we will have a moment where vala compares those two to daniel and vala :)

waykins
February 28th, 2006, 03:01 AM
I don't if it's just me but SPOILERS (highlight to read)Merlin, aka Moros at the time in 'Before I Sleep' doesn't strike me as someone who would rebel against his own directives

Knowing what McKay is like around certain women I can't wait to see if there are any Vala/McKay scenes, especially if Vala insists on wearing leather :D

sueKay
February 28th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Well..I'm pissed.

I've wanted Daniel in Atlantis for a while...but why does have to be baby-sitting Vala yet again?

*groan*

this story shouts 'we're desperate for ratings' like no other.

valaCB
February 28th, 2006, 03:52 AM
I hope McKay has at least a cameo, a scene with Vala
That will be awesome :mckay: :vala:

GateMan2000
February 28th, 2006, 04:16 AM
Some of you people bash the episode before its even shot...LoL..How do you know it won't be your favorite episode :) ...O Wait...you want Jack to save the day again like it always went down bahahah

Steve_the_Wraith
February 28th, 2006, 04:39 AM
Cool episode

It'd be weird to have Vala in Atlantis though, let me rephrase that, it'd be weird to have the Vala we've seen so far on Atlantis, barring another braclet fiasco she must really have been changed by her time in Pegasus for the SGC to trust her going to Atlantis

Formerhost
February 28th, 2006, 04:43 AM
Some of you people bash the episode before its even shot...LoL..How do you know it won't be your favorite episode :) ...O Wait...you want Jack to save the day again like it always went down bahahah

Exactly. Some people hate Vala so much that they are actually completely blinded by their hatred.

Albion
February 28th, 2006, 04:46 AM
Hmmmmmmmm. We spend all our time searching for a powerful weapon to beat a powerful enemy. Deja vu, anyone?

I'm beginning to think TPTB are incapable of producing an original story these days.

I'll wait to be proved wrong when I see it, so the jury is still out, but can't say the spoilers made my heart zing with excitement or anticipation to view it. Same old, same old, it seems.

Also - why is everyone posting in spoilers? We're in the S10 thread and the header of this thread has 'spoilers' in it in big huge capital letters. If someone comes in here and gets accidentally spoiled they can only have themselves to blame, surely? Spoilers in posts seems a bit of overkill.

Some of you people bash the episode before its even shot...LoL

You mean like people lavishly praising the episode before seeing it and going "Wow, what a terrific episode!"? Fair dos. We all do it - positive or negative. Spoilers either make us eager to view or have our hearts sinking in our chests. Our opinions may change after we see it, but that doesn't stop any of us speculating on what we're going to get and how we'll respond to it. <shrug>

Albion :)

Simhavaktra
February 28th, 2006, 04:48 AM
The story for this ep sounds cheesy enough to have been conceived by Dr. Angus - who just might be the chief story guy for Season 10, judging from the spoilers. Blech.

Any bets that Morgan will turn out to be a scantily clad, scheming female, who can only be understood, and therefore dealt with, or defeated, by Vala (another scantily clad, scheming female), therefore proving the incalculable worth of having Vala on SG-1?

Pardon me while I go worship at the porcelain throne.

Lonewolf
February 28th, 2006, 05:17 AM
This sounds like a great episode... sounds like the best episode with the Ori so far.. but thats my opinion. I cant wait :)

ShadowMaat
February 28th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Exactly. Some people hate Vala so much that they are actually completely blinded by their hatred.
I know what I like and what I dislike. How is that any different than anyone else? Just because it's precious darling Vala? Oh puh-lease! :rolleyes:

There are people who hate the Unas and hate the thought of ever seeing them again. And yet when they complain about it, I don't see THEM getting bashed and ridiculed for being "blind"And incidentally, how is saying, "OMG! This ep is gonna be FANTASTIC!" any different than saying "This is gonna suck!"

The ep hasn't even FILMED yet, how the hell do YOU know whether it's gonna be good or not?

metroid
February 28th, 2006, 06:27 AM
this sounds like it could be a good episode, i've been dying to see some atlantis on SG-1 (and another alive ancient!)

Wraith_Hunter
February 28th, 2006, 06:45 AM
Sounds like it's going to be an okay episode.

Only bad point is Vala going, Big T has been waiting 3 years. yet has never been mentioned anywhere in or around Atlantis. (Barring the evil one that was on his way to Atlantis in Ripple Effect!) I would have rather both of them went instead. Then we could see a sparring match between T & Dex.

Not really sure what I think of the ascended Ancient playing a hologram thing. They know Merlin built the thing, the other have a non-interferance policy going on. So should take it with a pinch of salt everything that comes out of her mouth. Although I have a sneaky feeling that as we have seen so much in Sg-1 & particularly Atlantis, they'll totally trust her, then she'll screw them at the end & they'll have totally lost all the gained info of the weapons location.

So as long as they don't turn them into that & have them fall over themselves to trust her & throw all information her way, then it should seemingly be a good epsiode.

The Ori
February 28th, 2006, 06:48 AM
Yeh and think about it if @The Pagasus Project' is the 3rd episode of the series then the first two must be gud as well.

keppiezbt
February 28th, 2006, 06:49 AM
It’s kinda weird though because Merlin/Moros seemed like the last person that would defy the Ancients and go behind their backs. He seemed more like the type that would be very much against any ascended being involved in clandestine activity especially if the collective group didn’t approve.

who says those two are the same person? there has been no indication that they are!

zpm!!
February 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM
cloak a gate, hmm, i would rather blow it to kingdom kong then to cloak it.

SGFerrit
February 28th, 2006, 07:07 AM
Well..I'm pissed.

I've wanted Daniel in Atlantis for a while...but why does have to be baby-sitting Vala yet again?

*groan*

this story shouts 'we're desperate for ratings' like no other.

no, you shout vala hater like no other.

For god sake we have only seen her in like 7 episodes, out of nearly 2 hundred. You have NO IDEA of what next year will be like, so don't judge before you know.

SGFerrit
February 28th, 2006, 07:10 AM
The story for this ep sounds cheesy enough to have been conceived by Dr. Angus - who just might be the chief story guy for Season 10, judging from the spoilers. Blech.

Any bets that Morgan will turn out to be a scantily clad, scheming female, who can only be understood, and therefore dealt with, or defeated, by Vala (another scantily clad, scheming female), therefore proving the incalculable worth of having Vala on SG-1?

Pardon me while I go worship at the porcelain throne.

What the hell makes that "cheesy"?

SGFerrit
February 28th, 2006, 07:15 AM
Hmmmmmmmm. We spend all our time searching for a powerful weapon to beat a powerful enemy. Deja vu, anyone?

I'm beginning to think TPTB are incapable of producing an original story these days.

I'll wait to be proved wrong when I see it, so the jury is still out, but can't say the spoilers made my heart zing with excitement or anticipation to view it. Same old, same old, it seems.

Also - why is everyone posting in spoilers? We're in the S10 thread and the header of this thread has 'spoilers' in it in big huge capital letters. If someone comes in here and gets accidentally spoiled they can only have themselves to blame, surely? Spoilers in posts seems a bit of overkill.

You mean like people lavishly praising the episode before seeing it and going "Wow, what a terrific episode!"? Fair dos. We all do it - positive or negative. Spoilers either make us eager to view or have our hearts sinking in our chests. Our opinions may change after we see it, but that doesn't stop any of us speculating on what we're going to get and how we'll respond to it. <shrug>

Albion :)

And would would you prefer we do otherwise Albion? Sit and wait to get our asses kicked? This what stargate is all about, finding new technology for earth to use in defensive and other way! Wether it be ancient, furling or whatever that is the whole premise of the show.

ZPM_Plant
February 28th, 2006, 08:26 AM
SPOILERS (Highlight below to read):

Figure this out, and you might have the answer to the backside of Season 10 of SG1, as well as Season 3 of Atlantis (see below):

I am not sure how reliable the following blog is: http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/blog/?p=483.

The facts:

1. We see "Melia" in the Rising as a hologram: http://www.stargatecaps.com/sga/s1/101/linz/html/101x513.html

2. (according to the transcript) "Moros" (the old member of the council) says "Enough!" at the councils meeting in Before I Sleep, shooting down Janus' plans to send Weir back to the future.

2. (according to the transcript) "Melia" in Before I Sleep shot down Janus and Weir, saying "the council's decision is final."

3. (according to the transcript) Weir says of Janus: "Of course Janus would not concede defeat. The more someone told him not to do something, the more he had to do it. So he came up with an alternate plan behind the councils back."

4. (according to the video) When Janus introduces Weir to the ancient female counsil member, he refers to her as "Moros." This is inconsistent with the transcript on this site, which refers to the young female counsil member as "Melia" not "Moros."

5. The blog says that Merlin and Moros are the same person. If the blog is right, and the video is right, then Merlin is the ancient female, not the old council member referred to as "Moros" in the transcript. But if this is true, then who is the hologram in the Pegasus Project? Ori? The old council member?

Questions:
Since the transcripts are from this site, and are fan written, there may be errors. This might account for the discrepency between the video and the transcript.

a. Is Moros the old council leader in Before I sleep, or the female council member?

b. Is Moros also known as Merlin?

c. Is the hologram that shows up in Season 10 of SG1, Morgan Le Fey, also known as Melia (the female council member), or an imposter?

Any Ideas?

The Signal
February 28th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Hmn, while i think season 10 is starting to shape up like S7 (the only with an ancient weapon, not a city) The story itself is pretty good, though I dont see why it is necessary to have Vala there :S

jonno
February 28th, 2006, 08:44 AM
no, you shout vala hater like no other.

For god sake we have only seen her in like 7 episodes, out of nearly 2 hundred. You have NO IDEA of what next year will be like, so don't judge before you know.

Whilst I personally believe the Vala character will have changed and mellowed after her experiences after Beachead (thus making the character tolerable in Season 10), you have to accept that a lot of people won't think that way.
Many people will have based their opinions on the Vala character on those 7 episodes, and you have to accept that some people don't like the idea of Vala in season 10 (i have to admit, personally, i wasn't overjoyed at the news because i find the character, as presented in season 9, pointless).

You'll find a wide range of opinions here:

1) Those that like Vala
2) Those that don't like her (or, to quote you 'Vala haters')
3) Those like me, who aren't overly impressed with the character but are optimistic enough to believe she will have grown in depth since Beachead
4) Those that really don't care

ALL of those opinions are valid - you can't just ask people to shut up because they have a different opinion to you. All you can do is politely suggest that they give the character another go in season 10, explaining why you think she's a good character, but of course explaining it is completely their choice, and that you respect their opinion.

This post also applies to pro/anti conflicts on a variety of subjects, not just Vala.

Mirel
February 28th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Unbelievable that I'm the only one who noticed that Merlin and Moros were played by the same actor..

InUtero
February 28th, 2006, 09:57 AM
Unbelievable that I'm the only one who noticed that Merlin and Moros were played by the same actor..

What do you want, a medal? :apophis-rings:

ToasterOnFire
February 28th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Does this mean some people love Vala so much that they are actually completely blinded by their love? Food for thought.

NowIWillDestroyAbydos
February 28th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Look like an interesting ep. I hope Zelenka is in it (even though he's not in the summary). Another thing I hope is that at least one SGA cast member appears in it (except Torri/Weir that is), I'd prefer McKay or Teyla.

Wraith_Hunter
February 28th, 2006, 10:54 AM

Do a search for Moros & Merlin, put both in the keywords & search as posts. You'll get a few from far back as July. So afraid to disappoint you, but others guessed it long ago.

nyxlily
February 28th, 2006, 11:06 AM
There sure are a lot of mixed feelings in regard to this episode! : D

I, for one, can not wait to see this.. not because this is an Atlantis crossover or Vala is in it (actually, I don't mind the character, but like most, I am not sure it is a good idea for her to be a regular...) or we are delving more into the mythology.. nothing is making me more excited than the fact that Brad Wright is the writer! I actually really don't care what the episode is about or who is featured if he is the writer.. I haven't been disappointed by any episode he wrote so far.. in fact, most of what he wrote are among my favorite of ANY season. Okay, except for the clip episodes.. but given the nature of what clip episodes are...

Anyway, that man is such a genius that whatever setting or plot or character he wrote just comes alive for me. I am just excited to watch another episdoe by him : D Can you tell?

I'm not saying the other writers don't come up with excellent stuff.. but Brad Wright is the most memorable to me and (like I said) none of his episodes have disappointed me yet.

JUNIOR
February 28th, 2006, 11:24 AM
who says those two are the same person? there has been no indication that they are!

Read the spoilers page in SG-1's season ten entitled the "The Pegasus Project."

Mattathias2.0
February 28th, 2006, 12:27 PM
I am very much looking forward to this episode...

For one, now that I think of it... Moros' actions against Janus would be logical... seeing as he wouldn't ever want to get caught or reveal his own actions...

Seeing Vala on Atlantis with Daniel and Dr. Weir... That seems very odd.... and amusing. As it stands... What are Daniel's opinions of the Atlantis Expedition? What does he think of the way Dr. Weir has handled things thus far? Most likely, he will be just happy their tinkering with Ancient Tech.

How will Vala react to Dr. Weir, and vice versa?

Is Morgan infact Melia?

This episode makes for many crossovers of information.

Mattathias

Mattathias2.0
February 28th, 2006, 12:31 PM

I knew that very long ago back when I found out (thru spoilers) that Matthew Walker was playing the Merlin Hologram in Avalon... Seemed a bit odd for him to play two "seperate" ancients, on both shows, and not be a connection.

Mattathias

GoldenSG-1
February 28th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Do a search for Moros & Merlin, put both in the keywords & search as posts. You'll get a few from far back as July. So afraid to disappoint you, but others guessed it long ago.

yep I did a topic on it too. Although in "before I sleep" Moros sounded like he didn't like humans.

It would be interesting to have at the end of the ep morgan exposed as a evil ancient and hinder SG-1 from ever getting the weapon.

I wonder how the weapon is going to function, Obvious its not a big honkin space gun ;)

Egraine
February 28th, 2006, 12:48 PM
C'Mon July!!!

Mattathias2.0
February 28th, 2006, 12:50 PM
C'Mon July!!!

Agreed... The second eps of each series are bound to primere around my birthday! :D:D:D

Mattathias

jash
February 28th, 2006, 12:56 PM
this ep sounds sweet

Prior_of_the_Ori
February 28th, 2006, 01:42 PM
Very interesting if Moros (male one not sure about this female stuff) is Merlin, I mean an Ancient Atlantean that was quick to condemn time travel from his fellow but not himself who years later breaks the rules to create a weapon? Either its not the same person or he changed his mind when he ascended and found his evil brothers in the Ori galaxy.

Should Morgan Le Fay be the other member of the Atlantean Council then I wonder if Janus ascended as well. We know that he wasnt idle when he returned back to the MW galaxy (timeship) so could he have ascended? or died? Either way its cool that they are keeping continuity.

Technically speaking, Vala would have some right to tag along to Atlantis considering where she has been. She has lived in the Ori home galaxy for so long that her character might have completely changed. At the very least she has a deep insight on the Ori and knows how bad a menace they are, perhaps even more so then Daniel.

Also wouldnt the Odyssey possess an intergalactic hyperdrive? Might not be fast but still could go.

Mattathias2.0
February 28th, 2006, 01:49 PM
Hmmmm... This shines some light on "Quest".

Mattathias

RoMUS
February 28th, 2006, 01:59 PM
That ep sounds cool,but were does the oddyse go?

Wraith_Hunter
February 28th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Very interesting if Moros (male one not sure about this female stuff) is Merlin, I mean an Ancient Atlantean that was quick to condemn time travel from his fellow but not himself who years later breaks the rules to create a weapon? Either its not the same person or he changed his mind when he ascended and found his evil brothers in the Ori galaxy.

Should Morgan Le Fay be the other member of the Atlantean Council then I wonder if Janus ascended as well. We know that he wasnt idle when he returned back to the MW galaxy (timeship) so could he have ascended? or died? Either way its cool that they are keeping continuity.

Technically speaking, Vala would have some right to tag along to Atlantis considering where she has been. She has lived in the Ori home galaxy for so long that her character might have completely changed. At the very least she has a deep insight on the Ori and knows how bad a menace they are, perhaps even more so then Daniel.

Also wouldnt the Odyssey possess an intergalactic hyperdrive? Might not be fast but still could go.

After that, it seems he kinda changed his ways abit, with the whole, King Arthur, Avalon, Camelot etc. Then he finally ascended, learned a greater understanding of the universe, noticed the Ori would eventually pose a threat & decided to do something about it.

What's interesting to me is, how could Merlin know about the Ori threat but they didn't know about the MW. Seems to suggest to me that the Alterrans are more powerful that their Ori brothers despite both being ascended. Possibly Merlin knew that if the Ori got enough worshippers then they'd become stronger in the end & wipe them all out. Okay Merlin built the weapon, but why then was it hidden, surely if he was going to use it he could have. After all when he re-ascended then surely the others will have got the information from him to it's exsistence & whereabouts. Either that or the others could have stepped in when it was about to be used & destroyed it then.

Then the fact of why it was constructed, moved & then the documentation to it hidden in Avalon. Surely when the Ori eventually showed up, then he'd want it to get into human hands to stop them with it.

One point to this ep though, is that they won't get the info to enable them to get a hold of it. If the writers still wish to keep the Ori storyline going for a few seasons as originally planned. Then giving them a weapon to destroy the Ori themselves would make it ever so easy. My guess is that Morgan Lafey will get the info she's looking for & get to it first. Although I have a sneaky suspicion that she may be an evil ancient, so perhaps she's in cahoots with the Ori & maybe has plans to hand it over to them instead.

Hybridbabe
February 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM
One point to this ep though, is that they won't get the info to enable them to get a hold of it. If the writers still wish to keep the Ori storyline going for a few seasons as originally planned. Then giving them a weapon to destroy the Ori themselves would make it ever so easy. My guess is that Morgan Lafey will get the info she's looking for & get to it first. Although I have a sneaky suspicion that she may be an evil ancient, so perhaps she's in cahoots with the Ori & maybe has plans to hand it over to them instead.

What would she have to gain from this though? The Ori won't completely trus her because she's an ancient, and she's already ascended, so they can't offer her that. By betraying the Alterans, what would she gain?

I would love to have Morgan being the good girl and Merlin being the bad boy, because then, it would totally turn Arthurian mythology upside down :) PLus, if mythology was wrong in this case, it would make Daniel second guess everything else he's ever known. It would shake his faith severely, and could possibly send him on that darker path Joe was talking about months ago.

JUNIOR
February 28th, 2006, 02:52 PM
What's interesting to me is, how could Merlin know about the Ori threat but they didn't know about the MW. Seems to suggest to me that the Alterrans are more powerful that their Ori brothers despite both being ascended. Possibly Merlin knew that if the Ori got enough worshippers then they'd become stronger in the end & wipe them all out. Okay Merlin built the weapon, but why then was it hidden, surely if he was going to use it he could have. After all when he re-ascended then surely the others will have got the information from him to it's exsistence & whereabouts. Either that or the others could have stepped in when it was about to be used & destroyed it then.

Then the fact of why it was constructed, moved & then the documentation to it hidden in Avalon. Surely when the Ori eventually showed up, then he'd want it to get into human hands to stop them with it.

This is pure speculation but IMO he had that Ancient Communicator device that Vala and Daniel used so he could have easily figured out what the Ori we're up to. Another possible explanation is that the Ori knew about the Ancients and vice versa. They are all pure energy so the Ancients might have been able to sense the Ori power even from a far distant galaxy so if Merlin sensed them as an Ancient he might had thought they were a threat then descended to build the weapon. Also in Avalon the Doci told Daniel that the Ancients Sheilded the MW beings so this also could have played a factor in why the Ori didn't know about MW.

wolverine_nl
February 28th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Also in Avalon the Doci told Daniel that the Ori Sheilded the MW beings so this also could have played a factor in why the Ori didn't know about MW.

You mean the Ancients(unbelievers) shielded the MW...:daniel:

I am curious on the way this is going to be played out in S10.

Ow by the way...I read every post...so where is Merlin now????? :sheppardanime31:

Darren
February 28th, 2006, 03:49 PM
It hasn't been confirmed in aired episodes yet that Moros is Merlin -- just a big honkin' coincidence that both were played by the same actor, and both returned to Earth when the Lantians evacuated Atlantis 10,000 years ago.

"The Pegasus Project" does confirm that they are the same guy -- at least if it makes it into the final episode.

It would be very interesting if the Lantian Melia turned out to be Morgan Lafey. But because they are currenting casting Morgan, it's doubtful that they'll go that way.

freyr's mother
February 28th, 2006, 03:53 PM
'
Ahem, you mean souveniers like...

Sheppard?
McKay?
Ronon?
Beckett?

Heh, the men of Atlantis had better watch out with Vala around. Actually, someone wrote a great story where Vala did visit Atlantis and cornered poor Beckett in a closet - until Daniel rescued him! Very cute. But I suspect the hunks of Atlantis will be off on a mission or something and therefore safe from Vala's clutches. I mean, she'd be a fool not to at least make a pass or five at the guys there... Or even poor Zelenka. Man, I think he'd be helpless against her ways ;)

No i meant that she'd probably steal something from atlantis.

prion
February 28th, 2006, 04:32 PM
No i meant that she'd probably steal something from atlantis.

Oh well, heck, i'd steal one of the aforementioned, uh, er, 'items' ;)

walter_MacChevron
February 28th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Well I think this is gonna be an awesome episode....not saying that it will be a bad thing but seeing daniel and vala in atlantis will be weird because i am so used to seeing those characters only around the SGC!:daniel: :vala:

JUNIOR
February 28th, 2006, 05:25 PM
You mean the Ancients(unbelievers) shielded the MW...:daniel:

I am curious on the way this is going to be played out in S10.

Ow by the way...I read every post...so where is Merlin now????? :sheppardanime31:

He's hanging out with Colonel Reynolds at the Alpha site.

Amanda Eros
February 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM
A quick FYI, Just in case no one else noticed this, this might clear up some confusion. The name of the actress that plays the holgrammatic Female Ancient in Rising, is Melia McClure. Melia is the name of the actress not the character. I found that on the Scifi.com/atlantis web page under episodes, rising part two.

Vala being in Atlantis seems to be kind of pointless. I was like WTF, why does SHE have to be there? It does not make sense. She's a tag a long character. If tptb were smart they could get some non-senior actress to play the dumb blond, in this case brunette, and use the money that they save on something more productive.

If I were Weir, I'd be concerned that this woman would try to steal something from Atlantis. Or that she would use the knowledge gleamed for her own conquests in the future. :valaanime03: Who knows that might be her plan. Get rid of the Orii and pull a Ba'al.

Unless she was going to Atlantis to make babies with Shepherd which would make perfect sence.:sheppardanime31:

Here is a good twist for her being in Atlantis:

The Atlantis team brings Vala on an away mission. I can see her trying to charm her way out of getting eaten by a Wraith. Oh and then the evil Orii that got her preggers, comes and whisks her away just before she's to become wraith food! Very dramatic and pretty pointless, but in the end, our dear sweet Vala, (who is ready to stab us in the back at any given moment) is saved.

And now the Orii know about Pegasus because they are watching DANIEL AND VALA!!! (If Morgan Lefey can track them down and speak to them in Atlantis after she had been watching Merlin on Earth, couldn't the Orii do the same thing?) They know who they are and they are keeping tabs. Idiots, why send them to Atlantis? So that they can look up a weapon that Merlin came up with after he ascended. After he left Atlantis? The same Merlin who was against Janus from developing a time machine. But oh, it was okay for him to make a weapon to kill ascended beings. How does one use a weapon on a being from another plain of existence without actually ascending to that plain and using it? Can we say, controversial Daniel arc? Maybe?? I hope not, too predictable.

Another thing about this story line. If the Ancients came back, saw that the planet was run by primitive peoples with now hope of reclaiming their society. Then why not at least try? Perhaps go to another world in the gate network that isn't inhabited by humans. Kehb would have been nice, even go back to Dakara. Or try to contact the Asgard. They must have brought something with them when they went though the gate. (AKA ZPM from the Gaza Plato, which likely powered a Repository of Knowledge under the Sphinx.) Perhaps the Asgard could have lent them a hand in developing an infra structure to build off of. Meanwhile they could have traded with the Earth folk for food as they reestablished themselves elsewhere.

Alareth
February 28th, 2006, 06:27 PM
This episode is going to be awesome, except there is one major plot hole in this whole orii killing thing. The ascended admited there is no way to kill anubis meaning there is no way to kill the ascended, so theres no way to kill the orii.

Merlin was specifically working in secret on the weapon so that the ascended ancients would not know about it. Therefore they are unaware of it's existance. They are powerful, but not omnipotent.

Besides, Anubus was our problem to deal with. Even if the Ancients posessed a means to destroy him they wouldn't. To do so would violate the non-interference with non-ascended beings policy.

It's the very same reason they will do nothing about the Orii now. The Priors and other agents are human.

ZPM_Plant
February 28th, 2006, 06:54 PM
A quick FYI, Just in case no one else noticed this, this might clear up some confusion. The name of the actress that plays the holgrammatic Female Ancient in Rising, is Melia McClure. Melia is the name of the actress not the character. I found that on the Scifi.com/atlantis web page under episodes, rising part two.

The Omnipedia on this website lists the female ancient as "Melia." Her name in real life also happens to be "Melia."

Amanda Eros
February 28th, 2006, 07:06 PM
The Omnipedia on this website lists the female ancient as "Melia." Her name in real life also happens to be "Melia."

I didn't know that, I wonder why they didn't list her that on the scifi web page.

Darren
February 28th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I double-checked the transcript for "Before I Sleep" and it doesn't look like she's been officially named in dialogue. She is "MELIA" in the script ... maybe because they'd already used the actress in "Rising" and thought her name was cool.

the fifth man
February 28th, 2006, 08:01 PM
I double-checked the transcript for "Before I Sleep" and it doesn't look like she's been officially named in dialogue. She is "MELIA" in the script ... maybe because they'd already used the actress in "Rising" and thought her name was cool.

Definitely a good possiblility. It is a cool name, afterall.:)

BubblingOverWithIdeas
February 28th, 2006, 08:34 PM
The same Merlin who was against Janus from developing a time machine. But oh, it was okay for him to make a weapon to kill ascended beings.
The council leader in Before I Sleep was referred to in dialogue as Moros.
"You must speak to Moros on our behalf." - Janus to Melia.

ZPM_Plant
February 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
The council leader in Before I Sleep was referred to in dialogue as Moros.
"You must speak to Moros on our behalf." - Janus to Melia.

That is the point I made earlier in the thread. Janus, in the video, refers to Melia (called Melia in the transcript and in Omnipedia) as Moros.

The transcript on this website states as follows (from Before I Sleep):

JANIS: You need to talk to Moros. Doctor Weir was brought here through no fault of her own. She shouldn't be punished for it.

MELIA: She's free to come with us back to Earth and live among our kind ...

JANIS (interrupting): She needs to return to her time, not remain in ours.

MELIA: That's not possible. (To Elizabeth) I'm sorry. (She turns to walk away.)

In the video, Janus clearly refers to "Melia" as Moros, but the transcript states "Moros" is the older Atlantian council leader. Again, I suggest that Melia is Moros, and we know from the blog that Moros is Merlin. So, I think Melia is Merlin. And if Melia is Merlin, I have no idea who the hologram is in SG1 season 10. Again, an imposter, but who?

keppiezbt
February 28th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Another thing about this story line. If the Ancients came back, saw that the planet was run by primitive peoples with now hope of reclaiming their society. Then why not at least try? Perhaps go to another world in the gate network that isn't inhabited by humans. Kehb would have been nice, even go back to Dakara. Or try to contact the Asgard. They must have brought something with them when they went though the gate. (AKA ZPM from the Gaza Plato, which likely powered a Repository of Knowledge under the Sphinx.) Perhaps the Asgard could have lent them a hand in developing an infra structure to build off of. Meanwhile they could have traded with the Earth folk for food as they reestablished themselves elsewhere.

thats a good point...though it explains what happened to the ancients when they came back from atlantis, its a crappy one. for one, we know some of them did something since janus built a time machine....and they must have had stuff left over from the time that they were there before the plague...and if ur an anicent, im sure they could have rebuilt their society.

TPTB make decently interesting stories but when u think about them...it doesnt make sense...

Yume
March 1st, 2006, 12:09 AM

So it´s wrong to say something bad about this episode because of the spoilers but it´s fine to say how cool it will be based on the same spoilers?
And I don´t know what this has to do with O`Neill? Can´t remember that anyone had ever asked to have him on Atlantis.
Fact is that Atlantis and SG 1 are two different shows and that there is absolutly no reason to create a such a strong connection between them.
I hope only that this will be an SG 1-only-story and not continued on Atlantis.

sgeureka
March 1st, 2006, 01:13 AM
I rewatched Before I Sleep yesterday and paid special attention to who calls whom what.

I don't have access to the original casting scripts and I'm wary when it comes to fan-based compiled information, but in the end credits, Melia McClure is listed as playing a character named "Melia": http://hometown.aol.de/SGEureka/sga_115_credits_melia.jpg

We've already had long discussions about the names of the male and female Ancient council members when "Before I Sleep" aired, and we couldn't find a solution that satisfied everyone then. It sure looks like Janus was pointing at the female when referring to "Moros", but that could have been the director misinterpreting the script. Maybe this scene was written with the intention that Janus was talking to Weir about Moros as they accidently stumbled over the female Ancient. Who knows?...

ShadowMaat
March 1st, 2006, 04:28 AM
And I don&#180;t know what this has to do with O`Neill? Can&#180;t remember that anyone had ever asked to have him on Atlantis.
Well, obviously anything anyone says about not liking the show is complete and utter BS because it's all about Jack and SOME people simply won't admit it. :rolleyes:

FallenAngelII
March 1st, 2006, 05:37 AM
Just read it. Sounds like a great episode. I wonder if they'll make it a double episode since it's got potential to become such an episode!

Yes, so it's settled. Melia played Melia and not Moros. So, the female Ancient was not Moros. The actor who played Merlin in season 9 or SG-1 is the same (Matthew Walker) as the one who played that older male Ancient whom some call Moros.

So it's pretty obvious that it's him who's Moros.

Also, the Ancients never said they couldn't destroy Anubis. When did they do this?! What WAS implied, however, was that the reason Anubis wasn't completely descended was because they wanted to punish Oma and make her witness him wreck havoc.

SG_FAN15
March 1st, 2006, 06:04 AM
First details on 'The Pegasus Project'

The first info has arrived at GateWorld for "The Pegasus Project," an early episode of Stargate SG-1's tenth season. The episode is written by series co-creator Brad Wright and will be directed by Will Waring, and is slated to be the third episode in production order.

Beware of spoilers!

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/02/firstdetailsonthepegasuspr.shtml

i bet dnaiel is excited to be on atlantis for once, and im sure looknig forward to it, atlantis has to key to the ori, anti weapon. and another ancient woho

FallenAngelII
March 1st, 2006, 01:14 PM
BTW, since not everyone can go back to "Before I Sleep" to view the credits:

http://www.thecollectorzone.com/product.asp?pid=6172

Official Stargate merchandise which lists Melia as... Melia!

Aither
March 1st, 2006, 02:14 PM
This makes sense when you say Merlin is Moros from the High Council. If Merlin was not an important person on Atlantis, why would Daniel go to Atlantis with the hope there are datas about the weapon in the database ?

Ludofjn
March 1st, 2006, 02:28 PM

2. What will be Morgan Le Fey's punishment, and is she also Melia, whom I adore?

3. Does this episode seems to be getting closer, or further away from the story involving the route of the problems, between the Ancient's and the Ori?

Melia=HOTTNESS
Cloaking the gate POINTLESS

Darren
March 1st, 2006, 02:52 PM
There is no indication in the pages available which Stargate is being cloaked, where it is, or for what purpose. It is very likely not the Supergate.

JUNIOR
March 1st, 2006, 03:16 PM

Maybe by cloak they mean to send the gate to another dimension. We already know that in Arthur’s Mantel Daniel speculated that the people of Arthur’s day thought that his cloak was actually a cloak if invisibility, but it was really a device that sent people to an alternate dimension so maybe Sam comes up with a way to use the "cloaking" device found in Glastonbury to have the same effect on the supergate with the hope that the Ori or the Priors or the Oracle don't have a way of finding it.

Of course this is all pure speculation but thats my guess for now.

Amanda Eros
March 1st, 2006, 05:35 PM
Maybe by cloak they mean to send the gate to another dimension. We already know that in Arthur’s Mantel Daniel speculated that the people of Arthur’s day thought that his cloak was actually a cloak if invisibility, but it was really a device that sent people to an alternate dimension so maybe Sam comes up with a way to use the "cloaking" device found in Glastonbury to have the same effect on the supergate with the hope that the Ori or the Priors or the Oracle don't have a way of finding it.

Of course this is all pure speculation but thats my guess for now.

That would actually be pretty cool. Crull to those involved, can't eat anything, but never the less it would still be interesting.

KillerMercury
March 1st, 2006, 06:57 PM
So finally, DANIEL GOES TO ATLANTIS! Wonder how Jack's dealing with that? This is gonna be a very interesting Daniel/Vala episode, though I personally think it would be more interesting if Shep was in the mix. Oh well, it's good enough for me! :D

the fifth man
March 1st, 2006, 06:58 PM
That would actually be pretty cool. Crull to those involved, can't eat anything, but never the less it would still be interesting.

I really like that idea too.:) Good thinking, JUNIOR.

FallenAngelII
March 2nd, 2006, 04:53 AM
I doubt Melia is Morgan Lafay. I mean, she and Moros don't look the least bit alike >_>'. Also, the age difference is way too large.

Serebii
March 2nd, 2006, 05:13 AM
I do love how everyone forgwets the obvious when going on about Vala being in Atlantis

Vala is the most knowledgable person at the SGC regarding the Ori, they are looking for a weapon to defeat the Ori, its only logical that vala would be on that mission

Stop focusing on past negativity, since Vala as a character grew in TPTB and Beachhead beyond the innuendo and whatnot and chances are she isnt going to be a sex craved looney in Crusade, Camelot & Flesh & Blood...experiences change people

Formerhost
March 2nd, 2006, 07:26 AM
I do love how everyone forgwets the obvious when going on about Vala being in Atlantis

Vala is the most knowledgable person at the SGC regarding the Ori, they are looking for a weapon to defeat the Ori, its only logical that vala would be on that mission

Stop focusing on past negativity, since Vala as a character grew in TPTB and Beachhead beyond the innuendo and whatnot and chances are she isnt going to be a sex craved looney in Crusade, Camelot & Flesh & Blood...experiences change people

EXACTLY!!! :vala:

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2006, 08:19 AM
Oh, how reassuring it is to have a random fan know FOR A FACT how a character is going to behave in episodes that haven't aired yet and, in PP's case, hasn't even been filmed yet. :rolleyes:

Thank you, but if I wish to retain the opinion that Vala is a poorly written, one-dimensional waste of space, I will continue to do so.

Formerhost
March 2nd, 2006, 08:24 AM
Oh, how reassuring it is to have a random fan know FOR A FACT how a character is going to behave in episodes that haven't aired yet and, in PP's case, hasn't even been filmed yet. :rolleyes:

Thank you, but if I wish to retain the opinion that Vala is a poorly written, one-dimensional waste of space, I will continue to do so.

But of course you know you're wrong... :D

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2006, 08:42 AM
But of course you know you're wrong... :D
If my opinion is wrong, then so is yours.

Once you state an opinion as fact, you lose all credibility. Especially when you have to attack others to "prove" you're right.

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2006, 08:59 AM
Why is it when someone complains about a fictional character, they're being intolerant jerks, but when people ridicule a real person, it's perfectly fine?

An interesting double standard.

Back on topic, I have no intention of watching Pegasus Project. Beyond Vala, the story sounds tired and confused and unless Lorne's gonna put in an appearance, I have no reason to watch it.

prion
March 2nd, 2006, 09:23 AM
Why is it when someone complains about a fictional character, they're being intolerant jerks, but when people ridicule a real person, it's perfectly fine?

An interesting double standard.

Back on topic, I have no intention of watching Pegasus Project. Beyond Vala, the story sounds tired and confused and unless Lorne's gonna put in an appearance, I have no reason to watch it.

Out of curiosity, since Lorne isn't on Stargate SG-1 (except for that one guest shot in the Unas episode), do you even watch the show?

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2006, 09:30 AM
I watch Baal's eps. ;) And I'll watch eps if I think they sound interesting or if there's a particular person involved. I watched TPTB because I like Martin Gero's writing. And if that was an example of how Vala always behaved, I could like her a lot better, but from what I've seen, most of the writers treat her as a sex object or just as a way to speak all the lewd things they're thinking but can't make the other characters say.

But generally speaking, I've found very little about the past few seasons "interesting". I do, hoever, have an interest in Atlantis and I don't like the idea of what I consider to be the worst elements of SG-1 appearing on a show I still like. I don't want those bad habits (and characters) to stick and thus ruin what I love about ANOTHER show. Bad enough to see it happen once, I'd rather not go through it again so soon.

Skydiver
March 2nd, 2006, 09:42 AM
Let's ease up on the personal attacks folks.

If you don't like a message that a person consistently conveys, use the ignore feature.

prion
March 2nd, 2006, 09:44 AM
I watch Baal's eps. ;) And I'll watch eps if I think they sound interesting or if there's a particular person involved. I watched TPTB because I like Martin Gero's writing. And if that was an example of how Vala always behaved, I could like her a lot better, but from what I've seen, most of the writers treat her as a sex object or just as a way to speak all the lewd things they're thinking but can't make the other characters say.

But generally speaking, I've found very little about the past few seasons "interesting". I do, hoever, have an interest in Atlantis and I don't like the idea of what I consider to be the worst elements of SG-1 appearing on a show I still like. I don't want those bad habits (and characters) to stick and thus ruin what I love about ANOTHER show. Bad enough to see it happen once, I'd rather not go through it again so soon.

thanks for the reply ... I'd prefer for Atlantis to get cut off from Earth again, myself....

Aither
March 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
This is indeed your opinion, ShadowMaat, and the opinion of other people too. Although I do not hate Vala, I understand when people say they do not like Vala. But I do not understand when a person does not stop complaining about Vala or just complaining about a fiction (I do not say this is your case ; I do not know whether it is your case and I do not want to know that). Let's hope Vala will behave differently (like an adult for example :rolleyes:) after her experience in the galaxy of the Ori.

Back on the thread.

I do not believe the gate which will be cloaked is the Supergate. I think (and I can be wrong) that the Supergate will be destroyed just after the Ori fleet arrives in the Milky Way. That is what happened in the dimension of the black SG-1 in 9x13 "Ripple Effect".

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2006, 10:17 AM
But I do not understand when a person does not stop complaining about Vala
Well, why do people go on and on (and ON) about something they like? *shrug*

Did we ever decide what the point of cloaking ANY stargate would be? Just so that we can ssay, "Oh, um, stargate? Never heard of 'em. We certainly don't have one of those around here, no siree." ;)

Hybridbabe
March 2nd, 2006, 01:34 PM
My little bit on Vala coming in:

She will be changed. In order to fit into the "SG1" mold, she's going to have to, and her experiences with the Ori will also change her. Motherhood will change her. being cut off from everyone she knew, including Daniel (who she feels an attraction for [and she does. why else would she listen to him, and stick around?]) will change her.

Amanda Eros
March 2nd, 2006, 05:17 PM

Well, given that she was hurt after being sent though the gate, stranded in a pretty nonindustrialized village, and then pregnant to boot. When did she have time to gather a ton of Intel about the Orii that the SGC doesn't already know or could at least speculate about? Granted she may have gotten on one of the toilet seat ships that they were making and found some weakness, but since the Orii know that she's there. (They couldn't have gotten her pregnant otherwise) I don't think it is likely that she was able to recover any information that would be very helpful. I would also speculate that any Intel that she did receive is pretty much planted or false in hopes of either throwing off Earth's forces or undermining them.

Amanda Eros
March 2nd, 2006, 05:26 PM

She will be changed. In order to fit into the "SG1" mold, she's going to have to, and her experiences with the Ori will also change her. Motherhood will change her. being cut off from everyone she knew, including Daniel (who she feels an attraction for [and she does. why else would she listen to him, and stick around?]) will change her.

Yes, I can see her changed a little bit, but by how much? She was used by the Gau'old as a host, the Tok'ra removed the Gau'old. (So there is still the question of how can she use Gau'old technology without Naquida in her blood.)

As it is Daniel pretty much pointed out that she uses sex as a defense from letting anyone get close to her. She keeps people at arm's length and has not formed any real relationships since she has been freed. Those that she did interact with she double crossed in one way or another. I can't see being used and scared by the Orii as being much different then being used by the Gau'old. Yes, they do get her pregnant, but I'm sure that she is aware of it and is likely contemplating why they chose her. From what I've heard the child ages to the teenage boy's dream date in about a day. How much mothering could she do during that time? Yes, she carried it, so there must be some sense of loss, but she has been dealing with lose for a very long time.

Being cut off from Daniel might only slightly affect her. He treated her like trash while she was around, and rightfully so. She made a fool out of him, and then tried to use sarcasm and bad jokes to get on his good side. And to have everyone else feel sorry for her. It didn't work. It was pretty obvious that no one really wanted her around in the SGC. Who knows maybe she might change because there are people who actually want her around in the Orii Village and that she is likely going to have to betray them too.

Which will lead her back into the defensive mode.

Cereal_Killer
March 2nd, 2006, 06:11 PM
Dang that took a long time to read! When I read the spoilers to this, I immediately saw the potential for it to be a good story. I myself could be considered a "Vala-hater" based on the character up until now, but seeing as she was stranded in another galaxy for almost a year, impregnated by the Ori, married (say good bye to the Daniel/Vala pairing!), and forced to worship the Ori as gods, I'm fairly confident she will have changed a lot and could potentially be an asset to SG-1/Earth as well as be a more serious character. Anyway, I'm glad to see that Daniel will finally be visiting Atlantis, I can't wait to see his face when he arrives! I also like the whole Arthurian legends plotline, even though the whole Egyptian theme the Goa'uld had will always be my favorite. I too hope that Weir won't be the only one of the Atlantis cast to make an appearance, but if that's how it is, I don't really have too much of a problem with it. All in all, I feel this will be a good episode, but in reality you never know.

JUNIOR
March 2nd, 2006, 06:31 PM
Yes, I can see her changed a little bit, but by how much? She was used by the Gau'old as a host, the Tok'ra removed the Gau'old. (So there is still the question of how can she use Gau'old technology without Naquida in her blood.)...

I think the reason why she can use Goa'uld tech is because like Sam and unlike Jack she went through a true blending which I can only suspect gives you the ability to use Goa'uld tech. Jack on the other hand never truly experienced a true blending so I’m guessing that all a Goa’uld has to do is fully blend with a host. I don't think it matters if the Goa’uld is absorbed in the host's body after its death or if it's removed surgically (or however the Tok'ra do it) as in Jacks case.

FallenAngelII
March 3rd, 2006, 03:37 AM

She's attracted to anyone with good looks. I mean, I am (albeit in my case, it's strictly males, who knows with Vala, she seems free-spirited enough to bisexual just because).

Who ISN'T attracted to Daniel (who's not a straight male or lesbian female)?

Maybe she, like many, many others, just finds Daniel intriguing and his whole persona refreshing and interesting. It wouldn't be the first time someone has stuck around because they liked someone's company (in a non let's-canoodle-like-Sheppard-I-mean-Kirk way).

Yes, I can see her changed a little bit, but by how much? She was used by the Gau'old as a host, the Tok'ra removed the Gau'old. (So there is still the question of how can she use Gau'old technology without Naquida in her blood.)

Does one have to have a symbiote actually die inside of you and get absorbed by your body in order to have nahquadah in your blood? I thought all that was required was a blending.

From the Omnipedia:
Vala claims that she was once host to a Goa'uld, who ruled over her world. Ten years ago the Tok'ra incited a rebellion on her world and the Goa'uld was overthrown, according to her story. Vala, as its host, was tortured and beaten by her former subjects. But the Tok'ra took pity on her, as a helpless host, and removed the symbiote and nursed her back to health. This part of her story may have some truth to it, as Vala is able to use Goa'uld technology, including a healing device.

I don't know who wrote that, but that says that one doesn't need to have to have absorbed a symbiote in order to continue using Goa'uld technology.

Mattathias2.0
March 3rd, 2006, 10:41 AM
Ok... if I am not mistaken... the ONLY "holographic computer interface" we know of is of Council Member Melia from Rising... the same one who appears in Before I Sleep...

Morgan reveals that Moros was Merlin, because it was his Lantian name, and he is Myrddin. So, how could Melia not be Morgan LeFay? Maybe Melia was her Lantian name.

If a different lady is cast as Morgan, then it could ruin the continuity of both shows.

I have seen Before I Sleep on numerous occations... What happened was Janus & Dr. Weir went to speak to Melia to get her to speak to Moros to change his mind, since he was Council Leader.

Mattathias

Mattathias2.0
March 3rd, 2006, 10:47 AM
Ok, I have also done some thinking in regards to where this episode is placed in early S10...

10.01 - Flesh And Blood
10.02 - Morpheus
10.03 - Insider
10.04 - Unknown
10.05 - Counter-Strike
10.06 - Unknown, 200th episode
10.07 - Memento Mori
10.08 - Unknown
10.09 - Unknown
10.10/11 - Quest

From this info we already have - I can say immediately that it will not be episode 9 or 6. It wouldn't be 9 because it seems that 10 is of the same subject matter, with that being the case, I doubt they'd want 2 episodes side-by-side, with the same subject.

So this episode has to be either 4 or 8. Given it's 3rd in production order, I'd wager Episode 4.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Mattathias

Aither
March 3rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Hmm, I would have said :

10.01 - Flesh and Blood
10.02 - Morpheus (which is likely to be renamed, according to Joseph Mallozzi)
10.03 - ???
10.04 - Insider
10.05 - Uninvited
10.07 - Counter-Strike
10.08 - Memento Mori
10.09 - ???
10.10 - Quest, Part 1
10.11 - Quest, Part 2

So, I would put "The Pegasus Project" in position 3. Or maybe in position 9, if Morgan really helps us, which could lead us to the Quest. But I doubt it.

Hybridbabe
March 3rd, 2006, 01:22 PM
Hmm, I would have said :

10.01 - Flesh and Blood
10.02 - Morpheus (which is likely to be renamed, according to Joseph Mallozzi)
10.03 - ???
10.04 - Insider
10.05 - Uninvited
10.07 - Counter-Strike
10.08 - Memento Mori
10.09 - ???
10.10 - Quest, Part 1
10.11 - Quest, Part 2

So, I would put "The Pegasus Project" in position 3. Or maybe in position 9, if Morgan really helps us, which could lead us to the Quest. But I doubt it.

I pretty much guarantee PP is going to be 3...

Didn't Joe say that the "Occasionally bespeckled one gets to travel far far away" for the third ep?"

Aither
March 3rd, 2006, 01:28 PM
I pretty much guarantee PP is going to be 3...

Didn't Joe say that the "Occasionally bespeckled one gets to travel far far away" for the third ep?"
Indeed, according to Joseph Mallozzi, the third episode is the one where Daniel goes to Atlantis. Or Joseph Mallozzi did not exactly say that because I might have added some elements to what he said.

kharn the betrayer
March 3rd, 2006, 06:10 PM
Vala in atlantis...meh

but Daniel is going so thats a big plus as iv wanted to see him go since SGA started

oh and the fact we get to see Dr Zelenka make me happy though :D

NakedJehutyV2
March 3rd, 2006, 08:20 PM
vala/mckay scene is gonna be so so funny!

jonno
March 4th, 2006, 06:00 AM
Vala in atlantis...meh

but Daniel is going so thats a big plus as iv wanted to see him go since SGA started

oh and the fact we get to see Dr Zelenka make me happy though :D

Yay!!! Zelenka's confirmed to be in it: http://www.gateworld.net/news/2006/03/nykltogueststaronistargate.shtml

:danielanime13: :valaanime04: :weiranime42: :zelenka25:

prion
March 5th, 2006, 10:56 AM

Ah, don't count your Jaffa before they've hatched. There's nothing to indicate that Vala will run into McKay... ;)

prion
March 5th, 2006, 10:57 AM
Well, obviously anything anyone says about not liking the show is complete and utter BS because it's all about Jack and SOME people simply won't admit it. :rolleyes:

Elvis has left the building....

So has Jack. He's gone. After 19 episodes, I think it's sorta apparent ;)

prion
March 5th, 2006, 10:57 AM

Elvis has left the building....

So has Jack. He's gone. After 19 episodes, I think it's sorta apparent ;)

Mattathias2.0
March 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Also

Shep & McKay may appear as well :D

Mattathias

FallenAngelII
March 6th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Ok... if I am not mistaken... the ONLY "holographic computer interface" we know of is of Council Member Melia from Rising... the same one who appears in Before I Sleep...

Morgan reveals that Moros was Merlin, because it was his Lantian name, and he is Myrddin. So, how could Melia not be Morgan LeFay? Maybe Melia was her Lantian name.

If a different lady is cast as Morgan, then it could ruin the continuity of both shows.

I have seen Before I Sleep on numerous occations... What happened was Janus & Dr. Weir went to speak to Melia to get her to speak to Moros to change his mind, since he was Council Leader.

Mattathias

Yeah, but are they really relatives? Brother and sister no less.

Mattathias2.0
April 21st, 2006, 08:02 PM
SPOILERS

I've been rethinking about how they somehow plan to cloak the Ori Supergate... What good would it do?

It would possibly slow them down... If the Ori Ships can't see past the cloak, then they can't return to their galaxy and retrieve resources... Also they can't send more ships.

Basically, we'd be doing to them what the Nox did to us in Season One's The Nox.

Mattathias

the fifth man
April 21st, 2006, 08:20 PM

If a scene does occur between them, I totally agree. It would be fun to watch. Really, Vala will be fun no matter what.:)