This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old episode sequels

I thought it would be a good idea if season 10 was the final season, that a few of the older episodes that were never given "sequels" should finally come around. Like one for Crystal Skull, Foothold, Show and Tell and 2001.

Too many pointless episodes filled in season 9 that just shouldnt have been made, like Collateral Damage and The Scourage.
    When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal
    I thought it would be a good idea if season 10 was the final season
    Never!

But I do agree with you on your other idea; I would really like to see follow ups to some of those "unfinished" episodes.

Comment

Yeah I agree too. Their is alot of peiosdes with unfinished business that they should finish in s.10
      sigpic
      Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Originally posted by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal

Too many pointless episodes filled in season 9 that just shouldnt have been made, like Collateral Damage and The Scourage.
        Funny...there was me thinking Collateral Damage was an incling into Mitchells character which ALOT of you seem to complain there isnt enough of, and The Scourge was to show that the Chinese wernt happy and introduce us to the bugs. But hey...maybe it was just me that got the reasoning.

Yea...some sequels are wanted, but they arnt completly necessary. Hell I'd like to see the water race from S1, but I get that it doesnt matter.

Let me put it this way...if the show didnt move on, and just sequeld all the old eps, youd complain it wasnt moving along.

And s10 will not be the final
        Blitz

www.myspace.com/twilightpeace

One was an experiment made to cause destruction in any condition except water, the other was an aquatic expermiment to destroy the world...but in the end...Stitch and Nim: They made an amazing Hula team

Comment

In the 2001 they were whipped out by the black hole. but there may be some ashen still left,, but doubt it. The gates got progressivly worse from the black hole.
          LoneWolf

Maybe next time, you'll just wait and see."
          "And blow my last chance of ever being right?" -- Jack and Jacob, Enemies

Comment

I like the idea of a sequel to 2001. Consider this idea: if we became desprate enough for a weapon to take on the Priors (we know that the Ori are ascended so we can't really do anything to hurt them) we could turn back to Aschen. The Aschen, as we're all probably aware, are capable of develoing bio-weapons capable of attacking only a certain race via their DNA. We could use that to take on the Priors by developing a virus to go after their DNA and start a whole new "Prior Plaque". Or we could use it to attack the Wraith (where's the writer's when we need them?).

Probably not a good idea to you guy but it seemed like one to me.

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007
              we know that the Ori are ascended so we can't really do anything to hurt them
              Don't be so sure about that, I'll take it from that statement that you haven't seen Arthur's Mantle yet, (S09E18), you should watch that. Also we've already had episodes where we worked on technology that suppresses a prior's mental abilities.

The Aschen are human, except fairly advanced compared to us, they were ment to demonstrate what our species could become if we were just handed advanced technology and decided to use it for the wrong reasons. As far as I'm concerned that story arc is done and dusted and there's no need to revisit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonewolf
                In the 2001 they were whipped out by the black hole.
                we dont know that for sure, we just gave them te adress, whos to say they dialed it first, or even dialed it at all?

Comment

They may have relised it was a rouse, Then again they probly tried it as aragant as they appear to be
                  Tis No Fool to lose what He can not keep, To gain what he will never Lose

Comment

I'll take anything with Langara. But seeing as how TPTB inexplicably hates Jonas it probably won't happen. The Ori aren't just going to randomly ignore that planet on their crusade.

Comment

Season 10 won't be the last season. You can quote me on that, too. However, there are several episode sequels I'd love to see. For instance, I'd love to see the aliens from "Foothold" pop up again. Or more about the aliens from "Crystal Skull". Or how about a follow-up to "Between Two Fires"? I'd love to see if any Tollan did survive. Anyways, I could go on and on.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was thinking if they wanted to do sequels to these episode they could do them as if we are looking for allies. So go to the crystal skull and between two fires and may be the foothold aliens and so fourth and see if they are will to join us. Just a idea, actually thinking about I think it was done in babylon whole I suppose they can copy the idea if they wants they done to most startrek episodes any way.

Comment

The Crystal Skull aliens should be possible, afterall Daniel's grandfather was left with them and he could simply want to see him again, and convince them that the knowledge he will have acquired about who they are will be worth a mission.

The Foothold aliens would be an interesting one to follow as we hardly know anything about that, for all we know those aliens were a rebellion group just like the Re'tu that attacked the SGC was a rebel group, the governing body of the Re'tu did not condone what they did, and the obvious fact one went to great trouble to warn us of their plan.

The alien that kidnapped Daniel in order to find out what happened to his mate in Babylon would be an interesting one to follow, they are obviously advanced, and that hand device he used looked familiarly like a Goa'uld hand device, except it was blue. The Goa'uld are scavengers, and this is probably the race they took the technology from. He believed Daniel was working for the Goa'uld because of teal'c, but didn't want to hurt him with the mind probe, obviously just a misunderstanding, and non hostile, this is a race I'd definately like to see again.

The energy based lifeform that took over Samantha Carter, we got their address from the Ancient knowledge from O'neill's mind, and send a probe which caused great damage to them because of the radio waves, they acted in retaliation. Not a great start, it would be the equivalent of someone sending a bomb to earth and saying, sorry about that, honest mistake.

That's about all of the unknowns I can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by Krendoshazin
                            The Crystal Skull aliens should be possible, afterall Daniel's grandfather was left with them and he could simply want to see him again, and convince them that the knowledge he will have acquired about who they are will be worth a mission.

The Foothold aliens would be an interesting one to follow as we hardly know anything about that, for all we know those aliens were a rebellion group just like the Re'tu that attacked the SGC was a rebel group, the governing body of the Re'tu did not condone what they did, and the obvious fact one went to great trouble to warn us of their plan.

The alien that kidnapped Daniel in order to find out what happened to his mate in Babylon would be an interesting one to follow, they are obviously advanced, and that hand device he used looked familiarly like a Goa'uld hand device, except it was blue. The Goa'uld are scavengers, and this is probably the race they took the technology from. He believed Daniel was working for the Goa'uld because of teal'c, but didn't want to hurt him with the mind probe, obviously just a misunderstanding, and non hostile, this is a race I'd definately like to see again.

The energy based lifeform that took over Samantha Carter, we got their address from the Ancient knowledge from O'neill's mind, and send a probe which caused great damage to them because of the radio waves, they acted in retaliation. Not a great start, it would be the equivalent of someone sending a bomb to earth and saying, sorry about that, honest mistake.

That's about all of the unknowns I can think of.
                            I would really like to see the Water dude again, and the Foothold aliens, those to races were sick, that would be tight.

I would also like to see what race commanded the Unkown ship from grace.

Comment

I would defferntly like to see the grace aliens again.

Comment

Working...
                              X