This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

highlander

Does anyone have the realse date for highlander5: the source????
    sigpic
    Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Haha Highlander 5, I will see it of course, knowing full well it's going to be horrible, but hey it will be entertaining, anyway the thing about highlander movies is that THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE

Comment

^ And that is the FIRST one.
      "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Are you serious? They're making another one? Geez, how many times is it going to be the "final battle"?
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by The_Fonz_Solo
          the thing about highlander movies is that THERE SHOULD BE ONLY ONE
          So true, "there is only one Highlanderrrr .... !"
          No more please!
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

I just hate to see anyone do further damage to this saga. Anyone know where I'm coming from?
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man
              I just hate to see anyone do further damage to this saga. Anyone know where I'm coming from?
              Oh yeah, IMO they shoulda called it a day after the first one.
              sigpic
              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Here's a link for Highlander 5 and AP's website.

http://www.adrianpaul.net/index_flash.html

Comment

thx
                  sigpic
                  Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

You have to Love highlander for what it is, a series that has been turned into a cash cow, nobody really cares about the story anymore its just about telling they same basic story thats been rehashed over and over again, each time it gets a little bit worse and the special effects get a little bit better, years from now maybe some young director will try to take each of the highlander movies lay em out and try to make one story that doesnt contridict itself over and over again, but for now thats not gonna happen so just watch something that is very interesting its not art its not really crap its like the mona lisa covered in garbage its horrible to look at but deep down you know there is something almost good about it.

Comment

I like to think that Highlander 2, never happen.

However, you have to love the concept. I personaly would love to be an immortal.

Comment

Highlander 1 was great.
                        Highlander the series was great.

Then you got a big WTF in Highlander 2 as they are suddenly freaking aliens? Then 3 was in the future, right? Then 4 was, er, hum that was with the one badguy that could do interdimensional stuff or something or was that 3. Then there was one with both Connor and Duncan Mcloud... that seemed to redeem the movies a little, but honestly I dont remember it much either. Seems like I gave up after 2 and the whole space aliens crp.

I would like to see them make another just to redeem it... we can pretend it is movie #2 and drop the others. We can have Highander 1 (great movie), Highlander the series (great series) and then this new movie which could be great too.

Only thing is, as someone said, each movie is about the "final gathering"... how many of those can you have? I guess you can have as many as you have Goa'uld creating Hoc-tar sending them to earth and placing bets on the entertaining death matches (hey its at least as good an idea as highlander 2)
                        Joseph Mallozzi -"In the meantime, I'm into season 5 of OZ (where the show takes an unfortunate hairpin turn into "the not so wonderful world of fantasy")"

^^^ Kinda sounds like seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 to me. Thor, ya got Aspirin?

AGateFan has officially Gone Fishin (with Jack, Sam, Daniel, Teal'c) and is hoping Atlantis does not take that same hairpin turn.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGator5
                          I like to think that Highlander 2, never happen.

However, you have to love the concept. I personaly would love to be an immortal.
                          Highlander 2 was - well, the mods don't like us to use bad language - terrible beyond words...

However, there was a DVD called, Highlander 2: Renegade Version a few years ago. The movie had been re-cut and re-edited, a couple of deleted scenes had been reinstated, some new dialogue and so on.
                          Basically it makes about as much sense as it's going to.
                          sigpic
                          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                          To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                          And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

About the quality of the movies......a couple of years ago I went to the Tracercode convention. I met an actor from one of the Highlander movies and I mentioned to him that I should have brought my Highlander DVD to get autographed. He kind of grimmaced and said that Highlander was a terrible experience for him. He elaborated as to why but I won't. What he said was not good and I don't want to appear slanderous. I can see why they weren't great movies though. I won't say which Highlander movie either but it wasn't the first one. He was very generous with my child though, giving him autographed pics and taking pictures. Nice guy. Aside from that....I loved the first and the last movies as well as the series. I really associate Adrian Paul with the franchise more than I do Chistopher Lambert. As for the new movie, I'm always for more material concerning anything that I've come to enjoy. It may be bad. Who knows? But to me, at least it's another Highlander story.

Comment

Holy crap, I had completley forgotten about it.

Man, I miss Highlander.

I wish I weren't poor so I could get the series DVDs...........

Comment

Working...
                              X